Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] The Hlare's Call (Feb-Mar 2017) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am
AstoriaFallen

"At least your mother took you to places." She paused,s he didn't want to dampen the mood between herself and the silver male. She really didn't want to delve in to her own past.

Liviyathan looked at the big male and gave a nod of agreement. "Perhaps we should see what they have so far, I'm sure they don't want us completely depleting the starfish population." She chuckles and turns towards the beach her tail swaying gently.

"If we are done we could always go for a swim, the water is lovely just before the sun sets."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:07 pm
"But I'm already blue," Shui pointed out as he examined her war paints.

"And I'm already red...kinda," Huo mused.

Both cubs took a moment to stare at each other as thought the prospect of being on other teams was truly devastating. There was no way that the two tiny cubs would ever part ways, no sir. No matter how much someone might tug or pull, they were a team, and no one was going to tell them otherwise! That did mean that Yukio was going to have to sell her warpaints a little harder though - they certainly hadn't said no, but they hadn't said yes either.

"If I'm already blue then how will you see the paint?" Shui pointed out and patted down his own chest. It served to add more sloppy colour to it. Truth be told, the twins were more likely to resemble blue and brown masses with that war paint on than their ordinary selves... But at least everyone would have been able to see them?

Huo however, had given a grin at her attempts to join in. "Gonna have to teach her to roar later," he concluded and gave Shui a nudge. "She looks like the Mwani are giving her teeth a check up than a scary beast," he pointed out.

"Hm..." Shui agreed and tapped his chin.

Pollack

Dione simply smirked at Kluna's attempts to tease her. Kluna had charged her with being the diplomat on this expedition and she intended to perform those duties accordingly. Consequently, she had spent a great deal of her time speaking with the Hlare (and by extension the Mwani) as she attempted to grasp their duties and the level of knowledge both roles possessed.

It seemed that both had very distinct duties, and while they complimented each other well, they rarely mixed. Quite frankly, the Apprentice was of the opinion that the Hlare were heavily under utilised if they weren't being used to crasp poisons and weapons. They certainly seemed to know how to do it, they just preferred to work on cures for it.

...How was it that this pride had been so untouched for so long?

She was beginning to think there was some merit to this place being protected by the gods. She'd have to ask her mother about it when she next saw her. She was nearly certain she'd caught sight of her flying in at one point...She just hadn't come to find them yet.

"I suspect we would respond the same way if we had strangers in our midst for too long," she replied and shook her head. "I'm starting to think that for the sake of their King's sanity it might be better when we leave," she was deliberately placing ample distance between them and the displays of loose lionesses. The lack of disrespect they were displaying was remarkable.

"One does have to wonder how he will respond if he discovers half a dozen of his lionesses have no respect for their home," she mused. "I know what we would do, but I'm not sure if these lions happen to have the capacity..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Solomon glanced over his shoulder as he heard the pair of lionesses approaching. A pleasant smile crept on to his lips, and though Krisis seemed to have been making a concerted effort not to look at him, her mother seemed pleasant enough. At a glance he wouldn't have known they were related, but he didn't let such surprise show as the mother introduced the pair.

"I've had the pleasure of your daughter's company all ready," he replied with a small bow of his head. "Though I can't say I got her name," he confessed. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Blasaz," he paused briefly and glanced towards the male he had pulled along on this expedition for company.

"Unfortunately I'm not entirely certain of this gentleman's name as we haven't gone through any formal introductions," he chuckled. "But my name is Solomon," he said at last.

Hopefully these pair of lionesses would prove more useful for herb hunting than he was, if they were, then he'd happily offer to carry everything back for them. If not, then it seemed the four of them would be off on a rather wild goose chase...

Kimaria

Mysses Greenie

Ram: 4 | Tethys: 4 | Huo: 4 | Shui: 4 | Dione: 4 | Solomon: 4

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:13 pm
[CURRENT POINTS]
Team Cap: 54pts || Team Surf: 60pts

"And look at that recovery ladies and gentlemen, the teams are almost neck and neck as Team Cap finds their paws and goes for gold~!"

Annchen generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:29 pm
Skaraa was busy wiping what seemed to be decomposing fish-parts from his paw when the other male approached. He recognised him as one of the guards, but couldn't remember the other males name. He decided to play it cool and simply don't mention names unless he had to.

"Morning! I guess it depends on what counts for luck," he said, "So far I'm mostly finding the usual gross beach stuff."

With his feet, because why wouldn't he? He claved at the sand to get rid of the last of it.

"How 'bout you?" he asked and turned over a large flat stone, "Wait? Is that... This is stuff we want, right?"

Quote:
Pollack

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:52 pm
Syrius Lionwing

"I think that sounds like a good idea." He said with a small laugh as he followed along side her to take what they had to the Pride Leader and the Stormborn members. "I would definitely enjoy a nice swim." He said with a smile towards her.

It would seem on their way back towards the leaders they were able to collect a great deal of necessary items. "I think they'll have quite a bit from the two of us, don't you think?"

Team Cap: 64  
Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 5!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 pm
"Oh...yeah" She honestly hadn't even thought about that. Her ears drooped slightly as she pondered a way to solve this conundrum. Coming to a stand she started to pace back and forth as she normally did when in deep thought. Stopping suddenly she snapped her claws together as she peered over to the twins with a grin back on her face.

"This color is more greenish-blue so it'll easily cover your blue, Shui. Annnd you're both more white than blue or red!" Pursing her lips she looked down. Hm, there had to be a way to go about this that would make sure that everyone looked the part.

"We could cover our legs in the paint. That would cover up your blue, your red, and my black!" Yukio pointed at each one of the twins when addressing their differences in color before finally setting a paw on her chest when it came to herself. "Theeeen just paint our faces to cover up our markings. Like this!" With that she dipped a paw into the paint jar, bringing it up to her face she closed her eyes before slathering the paint down either side of her face. By the end her entire face was covered in blue except for one free stripe going down her face so she didn't have to deal with a nose clogged full of paint.

Next she got to work coating her front paws in the paint, using her tail as a paint brush to get the hard-to-reach backs. Because of the paint's designed use for heavy duty cave and craft painting it did a fair job covering up even her dark socks. "We can do other things with it too! Even if it falls off it'll stain our fur." To prove her point and hopefully convince the boys she painted on a little wave symbol on one of her thighs to really drive it home exactly what team she was playing for.

Striking a dramatic pose Yukio swished her paint-dyed tail to add to the proud display. "I might not be able to roar and look scary like you guys but we can all look the part of warriors!"

Epine de Rose
And suddenly this ORP turned into Braveheart. =I

------------------------------------------

Kaluwa let out a hearty chuckle shaking his head in response. Oh he wished he could brag about being a master finder, but alas, it seemed to be quite a failure in that aspect. "I'll be quite honest the only I've managed to catch is a good work out."

Raising his eyebrow he regarded the rock with a loose shrug. "I believe they're more looking for crap like sea stars and herbs. I doubt rocks are anything they have a great deal of need for." Turning his head he spotted a lone pitiful looking herb that had been looked over for more bountiful harvests. Digging it up he idly tossed it up and down in his paw as he turned his attention back to the other male. "Like you said, I think they're looking for pretty normal beach stuff like this. Sorry to say, mate. Sounds like ya have been havin' more luck than me but have just been passing it up! How about we go and back track together? Another set of eyes on the case might prove more fruitful."

Annchen

Total points earned for team surf: 20
Total posts for Ume: 4 I Yukio: 4 I Kaluwa: 3

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:14 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Asker was in the area with his nephew in toe. He had frequently visited the pride before and figured he'd bring the little guy along, Nelly had agreed of course and Nkan was quite pleased to be coming with his uncle somewhere new! Seeing all the strange lions in the area he had tracked down one of the members and asked them what was up and it was quickly explained to the Kizi Patron. Ahh, Item collecting. "Nkan, want to help me find some items for the Hlare and their friends?" The young cub looked up at him with bright eyes, "YES!" He called excitedly bounding around. "What are we looking for?" He asked him.

"Well, we're looking for some herbs and some starfish. You remember what star fish look like right?" He asked him with a broad grin. "Of course I do, OH Look! I think I found something they need." He said bounding over towards some root bundles.

Annchen generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 9!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:54 am
"I know," Skaraa said and moved out of the way, "Look what I found under it!"

The indentation that had formed under the flat rock was full of roots that looked just right, and a large starfish had attached itself to the underside of the rock itself. Since it all had been sitting out of sight, the others in the search party must have overlooked it.

"Would you like to help me bring this back to Ram?"

On a whim he turned over another rock nearby.

"No way!" he exclaimed, "this one is also packed with roots!"

Pollack

0+10+10

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:48 am

Both of his eyebrows shot up into his hairline at the amazing discovery. "Well damn, call me a money's uncle there be gold in those rocks. Looks like the Hlare's will be wanting rocks after all. And of course I'll help ya carry all this back to Ram, mate. That's kinda in the deal of being searchin' partners, isn't it?"

Grinning he calmly puttered after his new gathering partner, being the muscle to carry the large load of rocks was something he was completely okay with. None of the work, but equal share in credit giving him a chance to be a lazy bum like always? Sign him up!

"Perhaps we should head more towards the cliffs. Might be some more treasure hidden under those as well? Plus less people will have risked trying over there."

Annchen

Total posts for Ume: 4 I Yukio: 4 I Kaluwa: 4

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:54 am
Asker was pleased to see his nephew was having a good time. He wondered how much of each of these items were needed, though he supposed it would never hurt to have a large amount at paw.

Nkan was absolutely thrilled! He couldn't wait to tell his siblings about this little venture. "Come on Uncle, I think we might find stuff over here!" He exclaimed.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 am
AstoriaFallen

The dark lioness nodded "Yes, I think we've collected quite a lot, i think what ever the Hlare are making it will be well stocked." She chuckles a little and looks up at the rainbow maned male. "It has been very interesting meeting you Chev. I hope you stick around for a while after this little event is over." She smiles, she genuinely liked the big silver male.

"Come, lets drop these things off and we can go for a swim." She puurrs speeding up a little her tail flickering in the air as she made a bee line for the leaders and what was an assumed drop off point for items.

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 am
"So," Dagr paused their search for a moment to catch the strange female's eye. She was bizarrely friendly considering the intimidating markings - not something he had expected. "Tell me more about your pride."

"The Stormborn?" Xochipepe blinked, shifting the herbs around her person as she tried to collect her thoughts, "they are an unusual bunch of people. Some nice. Some not so nice. It's amazing, though. I get to be part of this huge community and still satisfy my need to travel. I was a rogue my whole life before joining them and I haven't been there all that long."

"Sounds lonely," Kari piped in.

"It was, but I made the occasional friend on the way. One of those friends joined the Stormborn with me, in fact. He's a good guy but not as adventurous as me so I left him back home."

"How many fights have you been in?"

"Honestly? Not many. I challenged my way successfully into the pride and have done some training since, but currently my Vikings are of the peaceful kind."

Kari smiled, "the best kind, really. The Bahari'mtoto certainly don't want any trouble. We're a peaceful folk."

"But even peaceful folk can get targeted," Dagr replied wearily as if they had argued about this many a time before. A guard twin and a healer twin...their life prospects were somewhat different. "No one knows what's out there - especially us."

"There is darkness," Xochipepe agreed, "but light, too."

The boys looked suddenly serious and thoughtful and, with a start, the red female gave them both a nudge, "hey, come on, we need to keep looking, don't we? Team Surf have to win this."

---

The Nergui gave a brief smile and paused in his 'searching' to join a conversation he seemed to have unwittingly joined in on. It was a situation of mixed feelings. Before him stood kulukadok and his base instinct was to ready his teeth and go for one of their throats. Thankfully he had better control than that and, instead, decided to opt for information gathering. His pride would hardly expect him to take on a glory hunt alone, after all.

He met Krisis' eyes and smiled again, "a pleasure to meet you both, I'm sure. And you...Solomon." It took him a second to recall the name, "My name is Otho. I'm not really from around here but the long days of solitude grew tiresome and the people here seem friendly enough." His eyes drew back to the goddesses, "if not unusual! I've never seen such a sight before! Or perhaps I've just not lived enough! Do you all live here?"

Mysses Greenie

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 am
Clearly the goal had changed for Pili and Ziya followed along at an extremely lazy pace that could barely be called walking. "Oh?" He offered in an unenthusiastic tone. "So you know all about outsiders then, eh?" He smirked slightly at the thought of teaching her a lesson about outsiders, but with so much riding on this particular venture within the prides lands he decided against that in favor of silence.

"You think?" His tone went flat in an attempt to save any kind of kindness he could muster for this particular conversation. "I wondered what was ailing me, I would never have guessed it was a hangover." His golden eyes rolled as he sarcastically responded to his current companion. He wasn't in the friendliest of moods and if there was one thing that could turn that around it was likely to be the fermented fruit that she had happened upon - he knew deep down the reason this pride was so calm was they likely had a collective of under cover drunks. "Of course I want some of the damned fermented fruit, woman."

He wasn't in the mood for all of this and becoming less interested as time went on, even her note of the alliance pride nearby didn't grab his interest right away, surely the fruit would sate some of this anger - even if it didn't rid him of the headache. "How does an alliance earn perks for having so much water?" Even as he asked the question he could hear how much of a start to a joke it sounded.

AstoriaFallen

----------

The smirk told her she had done a fine enough job of teasing - one point to high priestess. She smiled at her own thoughts and score tracking, the most amusing part is that she'd likely lose at her own game. No surprise there.

"Oh, I expect it from our side - especially the guys." She stated plainly as a fact. "I also expect it from even some of our women, though they typically have standards that leans towards our own anyhow. But the females of this pride throwing themselves at our men the first chance they get? All while having laws on marriage and being brought up to respect them?" She suspected that some of these rule breakers had found themselves choking on the marriage laws in place or had been rogues before all of this - those were the only reasons she could see for such blatant disregard of the rules.

"I don't think they'd even venture towards the idea of just how we would handle such a thing - you didn't see the look on Zephyrs face when I suggested using a Thrall for some testing. I don't think they'd have the stomach for much." Her ignorance on the subject was clear, but she provided what evidence she could and remembering the look on Zephyrs face made her smirk slightly.

"Not much further?" She inquired, of course they were chattering on like a couple of gossiping ladies, but they still had an end goal - she knew that Dione wouldn't have forgotten that, but she was the one that knew the way and Kluna was relying on that.

----------

"So I've heard." She smiled warmly - Krisis was dramatic and she had been fed a dramatic story. That wasn't such a surprise and so Blasaz took it all with a grain of salt attitude as she always had. "The pleasure is all mine."

"Well it's very nice of you both to be so welcoming to us, Krisis and I certainly appreciate it." Krisis, who had held her tongue thus far simply nodded along with whatever her Mother had said. Until the other male spoke his name, then she became sweet as could be. "It's nice to meet you Otho, my Mother and I aren't from around here either." She figured now would not be a good time to let her mother know that she intended to make an extended stay here. "We actually come from mountain tops and chilly weather. Nothing like the warm comforts of the Bahari. The people are certainly nice, I don't think we've meant a mean one, rude maybe, but not mean." Without speaking directly to Solomon, Krisis took a jab - heck it wasn't even true. He had treated her so well and yet all she could do was be mad.

"We're also Gods." Blasaz interjected, realizing what Krisis was attempting to do, slightly. "So we may be a little startling at first if you have never met one before." She smiled, putting her educational mind into rotation. "From what I understand this pride sees a fair number of Gods actually." Her matter of fact tone settled in pretty quickly.

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Page One
Krisis 1, Blasaz 1

Page Three
Blasaz 1, Krisis 1, Kluna 1, Iloziya 3

Page Four
Blasaz 2, Krisis 2, Kluna, 2, Iloziya 2

Page Five
Iloziya 1,

Krisis 4
Blasaz 4
Kluna 3
Iloziya 6

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:04 pm
She was beginning to have less fun and think he was acting like a spoiled brat. She had thought the vikings were supposed to be less whiny. "Have at it." She said motioning towards the fruit hoping it would at least make him act a little less like a child. She didn't want to 'insult' one of their guests with the pride leader not too far away. "Maybe when you're less grumpy you can show me how much of a Viking you are." She was trying to drop a hint and figured he knew since it had been pretty obvious earlier there was at least a slight attraction between them.

Even if it was on a thin line. They were far enough away from everyone else it would be too easy to disappear into the jungle. Besides, what would come of it anyway? She'd been feeling pent up and maybe a little aggressive viking was just what she needed. "It's so we can throw the bodies into the sea and no one is the wiser." She said giving him a serious look, though she was joking she figured it was a possibility.

Mysses Greenie

Yes, let's turn in what we have he said with a broad smile as they made their way back towards where everyone was dropping off their collected goods.

Syrius Lionwing

Asker followed Nkan towards some of the tide pools, he figured they could possibly find some stuff in that general area, maybe even a starfish or two. While he had seen plenty he knew Nkan hadn't. Taking a peek into one of the pools he called Nkan over towards him. "Hey squirt, come here. Can you tell me what this is?" He gestured towards the pink creature in the water.

The purple cub smiled broadly and thought on it for a moment. 5 points, pink and in the water... "ummm. It's... It's a..... STARFISH!" He said happily and looked towards his uncle to make sure it was right.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 am
Yukio was giving it her best effort to market the war paints as desirable, and after she'd covered herself head to toe in it, the pair of cubs finally seemed to concede. There was something about looking ridiculous that seemed to sell them. It was something their father had never quite been able to comprehend, but the more silly they were likely to look, the more appealing the activity seemed to be. It was simply fortunate that they seemed to have either a natural disposition towards avoiding real danger, or they were incredibly lucky about getting away from it before it became a genuine concern.

On this occasion though, it was all about the appearance!

"Well then," Huo tapped his chin thoughtfully as if he was still considering her presentation. It wasn't long before Shui was mimicking the same body language, and both regarded their friend for a long time before finally giving a slow, arduous nod. Truth be told there were just days when they liked to copy their father's behaviourand make people sweat, for not other reason than it looked 'cool'. Plus if they managed to make anyone squirm then they were clearly doing the job correctly, right?

...Right?

"I believe we have been persuaded to allow you to adorn us with war paint," Shui agreed and stepped forward, extending both of his beautifully muddy paws.

"Indeed, but make sure we're on Daddy's team," Huo pointed out as he trundled over and sat down, extended one of his own paws.

How she intended to put paint on the mud as it slid off was anyone's guess...

Pollack

"I can imagine it," Dione replied in reference to the pink lioness's face. She might have been the diplomatic sort but she certainly didn't seem to ascribe to the same brutal measures the Stormborn preferred to take. Regardless of how efficient such things might have been, it seemed the Bahari preferred to take the longer route to avoid unnecessary injury. In some respects she could see their point, but in others, particularly when time was of the essence, she didn't agree with it. If they'd had more time she certainly would have accepted more gentle methods of testing but right now...

Well, truth be told not even the Bahari knew the severity of the situation and she doubted Tethys would inform them of it either. Not unless he had to anyway.

"And males will be males," she shrugged her shoulders, albeit dismissively and rounded the corner to the rock pools. "They aren't forcing themselves on anyone, it's the lionesses who are saying yes. If they had any respect for their customs they would simply say 'no'," she paused briefly. There might have been those who would claim those of rogue blood would simply be rogues, but her rebuttal would be that no one forced them to join such a pride - they made that choice themselves, so they should have respected the rules.

...Last she checked, this pride didn't kill anyone who chose to leave them!

"And we're here," she added, motioning with her paw towards the rock pools strewn about here and there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A lot of them," Solomon confirmed as he led the way towards the rock pools where he was confident all of them would be able to find something at least. "My mother is one," he added with a wry smile. "And we certainly have our fair share of godborn here," he finished. Whether Blasaz and Krisis had the opportunity to meet them wasn't so much a question of 'if' but 'when'. There were so many with blood tied to the divine life forms that it was no wonder the place seemed to attract them. Sun, sea, sand and well... Blood relatives.

It was home away from home for some of them.

"Our pride leader came from the slopes, he seems to have a natural inclination towards the bad weather as result," he added with a chuckle. He'd already chosen to ignore Krisis's jibes - it seemed that the lioness was naturally inclined towards prodding him. He wasn't sure if this was in an attempt to start a fight, or simply to get a reaction out of him, but he generally found the best response was to ignore it. Most of the time he usually meant they would explode instead and he secretly quite liked to watch the fireworks.

"Hopefully you're all reasonable swimmers, I'm not really feeling the gardener vibe this afternoon..."

Kimaria

Abominable Greenie

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas