[ORP] Join the Ranks [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:31 pm
Bri'ehn chose not to engage in conversation - for now at least - trying hard to bite back her fury at how he spoke to her. She wasn't just a 'girl'. She was a female with Firekin ancestry and one who had trained to battle the moment she had settled on her paws. To lose to this male after all of that would have been unforgivable.

He turned to face her and a paw flung out at him, coming just short of making contact. Angrily, she coiled back and hissed, laying bare her teeth. If he kept underestimating her, at least she could use that to her advantage and get this duel finished quickly.

She danced from side to side for a moment before shifting her stance and beginning to circle, baiting him to come at her and preparing to lunge out of the way when he did so.

Syrius Lionwing

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 pm
Aiko smiled at the male before. Unaware of his interrogation towards the both of them. Now that they were talking to the same lion they might as well get to know each other, like the lion suggested. "I'll be medic" He said with a smile. He was good with healing and listening when needed.

"It's not the most notable job, but I like to heal." He said with a smile. He looked from the lion to the lioness. Hoping that was an acceptable answer.

Oh a more serious note, Lessien gave a shrug. While she had noticed there were lots of lions about, she didn't particularly pay attention to anyone specifically until now. The one who had greeted them had forced her attention upon him. Not that she minded too much.

"I'll be a Warden." She would do her best to assist with battle.

Mysses Greenie

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 am
Kimaria

Ecavi

"I'm going to re name you silver snake if you keep hissing at me." He chuckles and dives at her, he knew she was waiting, he wasnt one to keep a girl waiting for too long. He could probably over power her if he could get close enough. She was quick but he definitely had strength on his side even if she was clearly a formidable beast.

Perhaps his estimation of females had gone up a notch. As he barged towards her rather than facing her head on he dove left and pushed right hoping to unbalance her. It was a movement he had used on a wilderbeast in the past and the creature had toppled allowing him a meal of epic proportions.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agni-pariksha watched the on-going duel with great interest and an obvious grin on her face. She stood at attention the whole time, watching for the tiny shifts in Beelzebub's attitude as he dodged and retaliated. He didn't seem to be getting frustrated the more Bri'ehn demonstrated her aptitude for battle, which was either a sign of ignorance or adaptability.

It remained to be seen which it was.

Feeling guilty after his confession that he was 'taking a break' from the fighting, and realizing how thoroughly the Regent was distracted from everything that wasn't the duel she had instigated.. he decided it was maybe his chance to try again. He'd worry less about being watched by such a high rank lion knowing she was occupied and just thinking about that gave him more confidence.

With a nod to Hehewuti, he got to his feet and disappeared into the crowd for another try.

(( Hiba has more than 5 posts now! He may reappear in the RP later :3 ))

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

oo DeD

User ImageUser Image

With a huff and no good sign of where to go or what to do, Adanna settled for an old standby: going over to where her brother was snoozing and plopping herself down right beside him. Independent as she was, out-going as she appeared.. and as critical as she was of Adeyemi not taking advantage of their freedom.. she, too, fell back on the habit of depending on him. However reluctantly.

"Was that you almost being social, brother?" she asked.

Adeyemi turned his annoyed gaze to Adanna when she abandoned her social post and joined him instead. He was still in the middle of things, if looking less inviting than everybody else, so it wasn't that far off her mission.. but it still seemed like a strange step backward.

"Guess so," he shrugged, giving her a rough but half-hearted kick before closing his eyes again to resume his nap.

(( Approachable! xD ))

User Image

As quiet fell at the Guard Post, Amaka found herself a comfortable spot to watch the sparring grounds from and settled in to enjoy herself. She would definitely get a better view if she went on over but she was quite content to stay exactly where she was. It wasn't that bad of a view.

(( Also approachable! ))  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Bashise was quickly distracted, listening to the conversations of others. For the moment, it was as good a thing to do as any, figuring out everybody around her. She could learn a lot about those she was now among, who was going to be easier to get along with and who was going to be more of a challenge with which to form a bond. From one lion to the next, she did her best to listen to them all. Which, she wondered, would be the most rewarding to know? Those that were easy to get to know had their own rewards, making it easy to network within a pride. But those that were challenging to get to know, and thus gain the trust of, were very worth while. Such lions could be strong allies in trying times, loyal within reason... Hopefully. She didn't want to wind up with a lion so loyal a friend they would cross into creepy stalker territory.

Bashise REALLY didn't want to deal with that ever again.

It seemed they weren't the only lions there that came in already knowing each other. Galahad's attention was drawn to a pair of lions, one marked with red clouds and the other marked in gold. She seemed far less pleased to have the male around than anything. The conversation piece about a mountain had his interest, though. There were... How many prides WERE there, that had lived by or on mountains? He looked to Citlali, one eyebrow up. "We're not the only lions to leave a mountain home, it seems." The Jini-msemi certainly sounded familiar enough - Citlali had mentioned it before. "What do you know of the Jini-msemi, Citlali?"

Now she was interested! The wing-marked lioness moved a bit closer to the conversation, both ears intent. "I've never heard of the Jini-msemi being on a MOUNTAIN..." The last time she'd spoken to her mother, she'd mentioned that Citlali's aunt, Nenetl, lived in a swamp, not on a mountain. Of course, she hadn't seen her mother in seemingly ages, so it wasn't hard to figure out a lot had changed. But the changes that had happened had her curious, as did the stories of other mountains. She approached the pair that seemed to be brother and sister, offering them a smile, "Hello, I'm Citlali! I heard you mention that you moved from a mountain home... May I ask what it was like?"

Eventually, Sustinet'mundi grew tired of watching the going-ons of the spring. He heard a lioness make a comment about the Jini-msemi not being on a mountain last she heard of them, and something about an aunt that was part of the pride, but he paid the commentary no mind. Instead, the dark-coated lion wandered away from the ledge he'd been on, looking for... Really, anything. He wandered to the guard post proper, watching from the vantage point as lions dueled. Once one was in, it was fascinating to watch the techniques of others, how they moved and fought. It was different.

Slowly, he became aware of the red lioness he'd found himself standing near. Ears pricking in surprise, he looked at her, eyebrows up. "Oh! I didn't realize this spot was occupied! If you mind company, I don't mind moving." Before really waiting for an answer, Sustinet had started to move, prepared to pick another spot to give another privacy.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:56 am
"You'll call me by my name," Bri'ehn spat, dancing around his lunges, attempting to keep one step ahead...right up until the moment when he caught up.

She realised her mistake the moment she made it, her paws settling too firmly on the sand. He'd tricked her and, in that moment, all she could do was brace and wait for impact and hope that, somehow, she'd be able to shake free of him and gain some space once more.

His weight shoved up against her and, in the next moment, she was being pinned to the ground - the breath whooshing from her lungs - as she flailed to righ herself only to find that she could not move.

With an angry roar, she thrashed her head around and closed her teeth around his neck, trying to work her teeth through the mane so that he might feel the threat of her canines at his skin.

Syrius Lionwing

Ecavi

Meanwhile, Azar'bijan, huffing with annoyance, finally reappeared after his duel with the rogue female. With a brief stretch, settled down on a flat piece of earth at the guard post, tail swishing behind him with lingering irritation. To look at him would not be any indication of how the duel went, though he seemed pleased to find the post quieter than when he had left it.  

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:11 pm
User Image

She had no idea where she was...well...no that was a lie, she had a very good idea of where she was, just no idea of how she ended up in this particular area of this accursed sandbox. Granted, she hadn't done all that bad surviving out here considering how the heat soaked into her black hide most of the time...it helped keep her warm during the night though, even if the desert had little to no cover, mostly an empty canvas of sand.
But this place. This place was definitely not like the majority of the desert, the hard stone cliff peaks and such. It offered a decent amount of cover...but those stories from childhood crept up her back and the smell that followed with it reaffirmed them.

What had the Firekin been up to? Their business was mostly whispered on the wind, squawked by noisy birds gossiping in the trees. But only fleeting words.

However not even the smell and yes, sight of other lions weren't enough to dissuade her from her target; Water. Scarce, barely enough moisture from kills, maybe she could grab a sip? No, no sneaking in for a drink...not with that many around...infact there were a LOT of lions around. What was this? The Firekin opening up the pride?...it looked rather nice to be honest, all these different faces, it reminded her of home.
Taking a deep breath as she stepped up closer to the spring, she cleared her throat.

"Excuse me...?" She started, ears pinned back just a touch as if mentally prepared to be lashed out at. "Mind if I take a sip...? Or would I be interrupting the evening chatter?"

Andranis

Ecavi

((Open to anyone else who's near the spring tbh >w<; ))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:38 pm
User Image

The smile on Hati's face was small. Quaint. This lioness was nice, and her words made him feel... comfortable. Welcomed. Certainly different than some of the personalities around here. Not that he was particularly surprised. It was a large number of individuals. He didn't imagine them all to be cookie-cutter personalities of the gruff Firekin warrior-type he had heard about (at least, he hoped. The former mountain-dweller didn't quite see himself as being part of a group such as that).

"Shaak," he repeated, saying the name out loud in an attempt to match the feeling of saying the name to the face it belonged to. "A pleasure to meet you. And... I'm glad you've found this place as well." His tail flicked behind him a few times, thinking on it. Destiny. He wasn't quite sure he believed in such a thing.

At her question his brow raised. "Ah... I have, actually. At about the same time as my companion over there," he motioned over his shoulder to Tazka, who was doing her best to ignore the somewhat loud white and red lion. "A tough bunch, you all. Though I'm not really surprised." Another beaming smile followed his words.

He heard the name of his old pride from another voice and found his attention caught by another lioness as she moved towards them. Hati continued to smile, nodding towards Citlal and the other lion who seemed to be with her. "Citlal, hello. I am Hati." He paused for a moment, thinking on the question. "it was... well. Rather different than this, I guess. A whole different set of livings things--plants and animals alike... Though I can't really say much on specifics. I lived there only a short while. It's a part of the culture to leave in your adolescence, though when I went to return..." his voice trailed off and he shrugged. When he went to return there was no home to return to. There wasn't much to be said on the subject.

Kimaria

Andranis

User Image

The sound of a voice responding to her words caught her by surprise. Tazka's eyes went to the lion that was evidently not asleep (how could one sleep with all of this raucous, anyway). She could hear the annoyance in his voice and she responded with a grumbling huff of air out of her nostrils. She saw him looking at her and considered Adeyemi in return.

At first she didn't say anything, only looked him over and then glanced away as he seemed to resume his sleeping. Tazka wasn't one for chit-chat, idle chatter least of all. The little hospitatlities, the feigned interest and forced conversation. It all sounded like claws in her ear. When the other lioness approached the one who had spoken--bright and ornamented and his sister, if she heard correctly--she paid them no mind.

It wasn't until yet another new face approached that Tazka said anything. A long and undeniably exacerbated breath left her lungs. She glanced around, looking all the different bodies over. It was so crowded. She'd already won her duel to join, but she wondered if it was too late to change her mind.

No. She made a commitment and damn it all if she wasn't going to stick with it. "Well that's just wonderful, isn't it," she muttered, her voice the same volume as it had been before with a splash of sarcasm thrown in for flavor. The statement was partially a belated response to Adeyemi's brief statement, half a commentary on the situation as a whole.

Ecavi

User Image

As Hiba made his way away from her and back into the fray, Hehewuti couldn't help but continuously beam. "Best of luck," she called as he went away. The guard remained seated, her tail curled behind her. She spotted the regent not far away and thought for a moment of going to say hello to the lioness, but decided against it. There was much going on, and Agni-pariksha certainly had more things to do than chatter. Instead the lioness watched, curious about what newcomers these numbers would bring. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she mused that perhaps she could find her son a match somewhere in this new crowd...

(Hehewuti is open for interactions!)

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 pm
Kimaria
Sorry for the wait busy week at work!

"Ecavi"]

He always forgot to watch his throat. It was different with prey beasts they didn't bite back, he could feel her jaws struggling through his mane though and if she carried on like that he would end up with no wind pipe. "Truce silver viper." He lifted his paws and slowly started to inch backwards, removing his body from hers, a smile on his maw. He was happy with this result, he was fairly certain he had proved he wasn't a useless lay about, that he could fight and defend himself even if he had forgotten to guard his sensitive throat.

He looked to the regent and nodded, hoping for approval before turning his attention back to Bri'ehn "teach me how you did that strike next time, I didn't know girls could fight let alone fight like that." He smirks flicking his tail.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 pm
Her jaw tightened instinctively as he spoke and then, as he shifted backwards she realised that he had noticed their position and relaxed her teeth, finally letting go. With a warning hiss, she scrambled back away from him and eyed him warily, breathing heavy.

"I would sooner teach you respect," she replied, slowly straightening as she realised that their duel was at an end. It felt to her that she had won, though it was more likely to be recognised as a draw by any onlookers. As she caught her breath, her eyes turned respectfully back to Agni-pariksha, waiting to hear the verdict.

---

Destiny. Perhaps an odd thing for a level-headed female such as Shaak to believe in. But when one had grown up as she had, flowing with the current of the wind, it had become an integral part of her thinking. She firmly believed that, even though it might not be clear at first, they all had a part to play. A reason for existing that was beyond what many could understand.

"Then I offer you a congratulations on earning your place amongst us," she smiled warmly, pausing to peer across as the newcomer approached with a question.

Giving her own voice a rest, she relaxed back against the dusty ground and turned her ears to listen. She had a love of culture and hearing Hati speaking about his old home was a joy. The land was full of rich and beautiful things and to hear him speak of a small portion of it was a wonder.

Ecavi

Syrius Lionwing

oo DeD

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:47 pm
User Image

Majivu's ears pricked forward. Did her ears deceive her? In this desert of sand and heat and dry air, did Majivu hear someone talking about her old home of the Jini-msemi? Slowly and a little bit shyly, the black and red lioness made her way over and hovered on the edge of the conversation. She had given up on her old pride to prepare herself and room in her heart for a new one, but could she really? Was this a test? Her tail swished slowly behind her and her ears were pricked forward to try and catch his every word about the swamp or the mountains that they had used to call home. She just hoped that no one would interrupt him or something motivate him to change the subject.
oo DeD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 pm
"Not the most notable?"

Wook scoffed at the idea. "A rank wouldn't likely exist if it wasn't notable." All the while he wore a smile that showed approval of the lions choice. "We need our Medics near as much as any other named rank, don't forget that." Purple eyes traded the males view for the female as she spoke.

"Ah a Warden, seems a fit." He grinned, knowingly saying very little, it appeared the lioness didn't need any validation for her choices or actions, she certainly fit the Firekin bill and it amused him a touch.

"I'll take my leave now, I suggest mingling a little, get to know some of these faces."

With that Wook, and a throat that had dried incredibly during the trios conversation had decided to take a tour of the Springs, spy those who may have wandered for a chance at seeing what the Firekins lands were like. Making his way there he spied a number of guards, the higher the number got that he saw, the better he felt.

Upon approaching the waters he immediately, not paying attention to anyone else at all, dipped his head and drank heartily. Lifting his head from that drink was a mess, water dripped and soaked his mane, after a good shake he decided it would have to do.

"You there, have you had a taste of the waters?"

He approached a lion who appeared very much alone - he also appeared as though he had no intentions of speaking to anyone. Alarm bells rang for Wook, but he wouldn't let that stop him.

I Lady Kiya I

Chi Sohma

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:09 am
User ImageUser Image

"Then there was the peculiar question about what he was dfoing there in the first time. I asked him and he looked at me as if I were quite mad and went off in the other direction. I came up with a couple of theories. One: he was part of the problem to do with those hyenas. Two: he was a staging a fight against that pair of doolally nincompoops. Three: he was--"

"--Mother," Chisisi insisted, sounding tired and hot and bothered (because that's exactly what she was, "shouldn't we be focusing on something else right now?"

The older lioness was brought up short, turning her head to peer at her daughter with the usual quizzical gaze that scruncnhed her features.

"Oh," she sounded a little miffed, "of course, this way--"

Unfortunately, however, this way involved almost mowing into Sia - who had been in deep conversation with the medic, Shula.

"Watch where you're stepping!" The dark lioness warned, scooting forwards to keep out of harm's way.

"Sorry! My mother isn't the most graceful of lionesses."

"Speak for yourself!" Juba returned.

"We're looking for the sparring grounds," Chisisi explained.

Sia waggled a paw, "just over there, can't miss it."

"You are wounded," Juba observed, sniffing at the salve that had been applied, "an interesting choice of herb. Not much known about the plants growing in this area. Seems to me that they have more use than one would expect in such a place."

Sia's ears tipped backwards a little, "my paw is fine. Shula saw to it."

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 am

User Image The dragon marked lion lifted his head in alertness when spoken to. Usually a rather cheerful and mischievous lion was now a fish out of water in the most literal sense.

"Aye- the Precious water!" He damned himself for being caught off guard and began to restrain his accent the best he could.

"There seems to not be enough of it around these parts!" With his natural joke friendly aura. "A good swim would do one good." Giving a heavy nod, as he bit his tongue and ordered himself not to act weird, act like one of the sand lovers... acting like one of the sand lovers proved a great feat, he missed their being water enough to get a good swim out of. These, seemed more like puddles in his eyes, how could it fill these lions? There wasn't even any coconuts in sight!

"I heard of these... plants that when water is low, you use them but I do not see how a plant can hold enough for a pride. I was in search of it, hoping to conserve trips to the spring? He hoped the lion would answer, a fish without water- is fried and eaten..

Mysses Greenie

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:16 am
Wook was intrigued by the overwhelming reaction to the waters mentioned. It told him more about the individual than perhaps was meant to get out - even those in the roguelands that lay beyond the borders loved water, but not nearly so enthusiastically.

"We have had worse times, plenty of them when it comes to waters." He stated plainly, a toss of one of his large paws displayed just how little worry he had for the current water situation - it truly wasn't the spectacle to be focused on today. Today was reserved for the notice of those just like the individual before him.

Clearly the group would need a welcoming committee and a care package as Wook stared at the other in disbelief. "Cacti?" Purple eyes stared at the black/red lion curiously, brows furrowing in confusion before he continued to explain. "The plants can be found in a variety of sizes and degrees of usefulness throughout the sands. Typically speaking the more it hurts to get to the flesh of the plant the more it may provide." A laugh bellowed from Wook.

"Did you come to join us as a Water Seeker?" He was amused by the desire of water, but realized that perhaps that was just the lion trying his best to understand a new position?

Chi Sohma

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces