Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mik4ilah & By Whatever You Wish's introductory 4e D&D game! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:24 am
Flames Burning Within

No problem, I was glad I could help. If you guys want another player to cover any gaps in rolls or skill you have in the party let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 am
Kowsauni
Flames Burning Within

No problem, I was glad I could help. If you guys want another player to cover any gaps in rolls or skill you have in the party let me know.

i certainly wouldn't mind more people 4laugh  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 am
Cool, I'll see what Mik4ilah and Plainfox end up finally deciding on so I can make something that fills the gaps and possibly show more of the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:49 am
Kowsauni

well since you said i should ask here anyways, so dietys, do they have a part or are they more or less just an extra detail into the char?  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:57 am
Flames Burning Within
Kowsauni

well since you said i should ask here anyways, so dietys, do they have a part or are they more or less just an extra detail into the char?

Picking a Deity, for most characters, is just for role playing purposes. However, they play a greater roll for Divine classes (Cleric, Invoker, Avenger, Paladin) as they give access to certain feats and after all those classes draw their power from the gods they worship.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:07 am
Kowsauni
Flames Burning Within
Kowsauni

Picking a Deity, for most characters, is just for role playing purposes. However, they play a greater roll for Divine classes (Cleric, Invoker, Avenger, Paladin) as they give access to certain feats and after all those classes draw their power from the gods they worship.

starting gear, how's that work?  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:19 am
Flames Burning Within

At Level 1 you start out with 100gp which you can then use to buy your armor, weapons and any adventurer gear you desire.

For a fighter, I would recommend buying scale mail for your armor.

As for weapons, it really depends on what kind fighter you want to play.

If you want to be harder to hit I would recommend a Heavy Shield which will give you +2 to AC and Reflex, and then wielding a one handed weapon in your other hand.

If you want to do more damage you could use two handed weapon.

As for miscellaneous gear I would buy and adventurer's kit as it has comes with most everything else you will need, such as 10 days food, a bedroll, flint and tinder, water skin, etc..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:44 am
Flames Burning Within

I'm going to bed now but would be happy to answer more questions in the tomorrow.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 pm
Kowsauni
Cool, I'll see what Mik4ilah and Plainfox end up finally deciding on so I can make something that fills the gaps and possibly show more of the game.

I agree one hundred percent. the more the merrier and less me being eaten by orcs  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:39 pm
Quick version: Eladrin Tactical Warlord. Probably gonna go glaive and watch as you guys do your thing.

And link. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=93273

He's not fully done, but good enough for an audit  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:20 pm
I have no idea how to fill the sheet, there are a lot of things there!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 pm
Mik4ilah

Well, I noticed your hit points are empty so lets start with those. As a ranger your hit points are equal to 12 + your constitution score. On your character sheet you have your Con score listed as being 12 so your Hp will be 12+12 so, 24 hp

Your bloodied value is when you are at half your total hit points. So your Bloodied Value is 12 HP

H. Surge stands for healing surge. Your healing surge is equal to a quarter of your hit points so for your character it would be 6. This is how you heal in this game. Certain powers will let you spend a healing surge which then means you heal hit points equal to your healing surge value.

However you have a set amount of healing surges you can use each day. For rangers this is 6 + your con modifier. Now you con modifier is different from your con score. If you look on the character sheet in the column right of your con score, you will see a +1, that is your con modifier. So, the number of Surges per Day you get is 6+1, so 7 in total.

Edit: I have made a teaching sheet to show you what your character sheet should look like as I go through the steps. link  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 pm
Hey if you guys need someone to fill an open role just send me a message or quote me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 pm
Kowsauni

*yawns* good afternoon new friend :3

did i do my h surge properly? also question about weapons, since i'm a fighter i could a warhammer correct, yes? what would the attack be for that?  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:04 pm
Sorry, I'm on later than I expected to be sweatdrop

Thank you, Kowsauni, for filling in and helping out!

And while I could open the floodgates and let everyone in, part of the reason for me doing this is for Mik4ilah and Flaming to get a feel for the game with a trial version. I'm worried too many bodies will detract from the experience - since more people means you'll have to wait longer before you can do anything, due to the unruly nature of PBP games.

Miky, Flamy, what do you want? That plays a good deal in matters as well.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff