Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Oriental Campaign [Now Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:38 am
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

Well on your weapon, you can only afford a +1 bonus right now. Adding both deadly and valiant would bring it up to a total of a +3 bonus, which would cost 18,000.

Deadly can't be applied to a katana anyhow. Deadly only goes on a weapon that usually deals nonlethal damage, such as a whip, or sap. Valiant could be applied, but a weapon needs to have at least a +1 bonus before a special ability can be applied.

I see a lot of players, and even DMs make mistakes when making magic weapons and armor. I'm thinking of actually writing up a tutorial and posting it in its own thread as kind of a PSA

EDIT:
Also, a longbow can't be used on horseback. If you're wanting to do some mounted archery, you'll need a shortbow.

Actually Katana's Start with Deadly. Here It's not the Enchantment Deadly, it's the Quality Deadly, which gives it a +4 bonus on Coup De Graces

And Fixed the Bow problem.

oh that's right, my mistake. it was listed with the +1, so that confused me.

Any other problems you see? o3o Particularly on the Feats, I never know how many to get.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 am
I'll be using a point-buy.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:22 pm
iLL iNTENT

Vajira child of Vajira grandchild of Vajira great grandchild of Vajira  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:21 pm
Still need to flesh a few things out (like pick a different name as I will be using a different archetype, equipment, and fluff), but before I go further, just need to make sure it mechanically makes sense.

Kardrun of the Brewers  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:26 pm
.... Believe I've messed up on my Health somehow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm
still open for players?

If so, can I play a homebrewed archtype for Alchemist?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/greaterthantwo-s-lab/engineer-alchemist-archetype

If no to the original question, ignore that part and ... um... oh, look a bird!  

Alzzak

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:09 pm
Alzzak
still open for players?

If so, can I play a homebrewed archtype for Alchemist?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/greaterthantwo-s-lab/engineer-alchemist-archetype

If no to the original question, ignore that part and ... um... oh, look a bird!

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It's kind of sloppily written.

Under Diminished Alchemy, it says the Engineer MAY produce one less extract of each level, but then provides no stipulation for it. I'm going to assume that should have said MUST instead, to represent that an engineer is less adept at alchemy to make room for their gun training.

In Exploding Shot, it says it can be used as an attack action instead of a standard action. This makes no sense, because attacking IS a standard action.

Certain aspects of it seem overpowered as well. Getting to base their grit off INT instead of the usual WIS just boosts their primary stat even more.

And getting to use Black Powder Bombs as a free action, for as many times in a round as you have grit is just bonkers, that can deal an insane amount of damage, and then you would still get to make your regular attack on top of that.

I think I'm going to have to veto this one. However, you might be interested in the Grenadier alchemist archtype. They have a few similar features.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

Well on your weapon, you can only afford a +1 bonus right now. Adding both deadly and valiant would bring it up to a total of a +3 bonus, which would cost 18,000.

Deadly can't be applied to a katana anyhow. Deadly only goes on a weapon that usually deals nonlethal damage, such as a whip, or sap. Valiant could be applied, but a weapon needs to have at least a +1 bonus before a special ability can be applied.

I see a lot of players, and even DMs make mistakes when making magic weapons and armor. I'm thinking of actually writing up a tutorial and posting it in its own thread as kind of a PSA

EDIT:
Also, a longbow can't be used on horseback. If you're wanting to do some mounted archery, you'll need a shortbow.

Actually Katana's Start with Deadly. Here It's not the Enchantment Deadly, it's the Quality Deadly, which gives it a +4 bonus on Coup De Graces

Any other problems you see? o3o Particularly on the Feats, I never know how many to get.

So you'll have one bonus feat for being human, one feat at level 1, one feat at level 3, and one feat at level 5. You gain a feat at every odd level.

Your HP should be 37.

You still have Valiant on your katana, you need to remove it for now as you can't afford a +2 magic weapon yet due to the spending limit (it costs 8,000gp)

Other than that, it looks alright.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:53 pm
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

EDIT:

So you'll have one bonus feat for being human, one feat at level 1, one feat at level 3, and one feat at level 5. You gain a feat at every odd level.

Your HP should be 37.

You still have Valiant on your katana, you need to remove it for now as you can't afford a +2 magic weapon yet due to the spending limit (it costs 8,000gp)

What makes it +2? Valiant doesn't stack with Deadly, does it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Interesting backstory you've got there.

This looks good for the most part.

Your HP should be 26 by my calculations.

Also, you forgot about your favored class bonus.
At level one, you always choose a favored class for your character. (You will want to pick ninja.)

Then for each level you gain in that class, you can gain either 1 HP or 1 skill point.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:05 pm
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

EDIT:

Your HP should be 37.

It's the +1 enhancement bonus.

Right now, it should only be a +1 katana. The Valiant special ability has an ability rating of +1. Added with the +1 enhancement bonus, it counts as a +2 weapon when determining cost. A magic weapon needs to have an enhancement bonus before it can gain a magic special ability, so the +1 needs to stay. the next time you level it up, you can spend 6,000gp at a shrine and pray to your ancestors, and then we can turn it into a +1 Valiant katana.

I just realized its attack bonus should be +9 because of the enhancement bonus, and its damage box should read 1d8+4. +3 from your strength, and then +1 from the enhancement bonus  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 pm
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

Your HP should be 37.

Right now, it should only be a +1 katana. The Valiant special ability has an ability rating of +1. Added with the +1 enhancement bonus, it counts as a +2 weapon when determining cost. A magic weapon needs to have an enhancement bonus before it can gain a magic special ability, so the +1 needs to stay. the next time you level it up, you can spend 6,000gp at a shrine and pray to your ancestors, and then we can turn it into a +1 Valiant katana.

I just realized its attack bonus should be +9 because of the enhancement bonus, and its damage box should read 1d8+4. +3 from your strength, and then +1 from the enhancement bonus

Read your PSA. Didn't know what the +1 was, just thought it was the quality of the enchantment. Fixed.  

Winter Wondork

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 pm
Dion Necurat
Still need to flesh a few things out (like pick a different name as I will be using a different archetype, equipment, and fluff), but before I go further, just need to make sure it mechanically makes sense.

Kardrun of the Brewers

By my calculations, your health should be 31, not 35.

You seem to have forgotten your bonus skill points for being human. You should have 5 more skill points to spend.

You also seem to have forgotten your favored class bonus. You pick a class at level one (for you, it would be monk) and then for each level you gain in that class, you get either 1 HP or 1 skill point.

Everything else seems fine. And thank you for marking which features came from which archetype, made it easier to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:15 pm
iLL iNTENT

Interesting backstory you've got there.

This looks good for the most part.

Your HP should be 26 by my calculations.

Also, you forgot about your favored class bonus.
At level one, you always choose a favored class for your character. (You will want to pick ninja.)

Then for each level you gain in that class, you can gain either 1 HP or 1 skill point.

Fixed  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:15 pm
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

Your HP should be 37.

Read your PSA. Didn't know what the +1 was, just thought it was the quality of the enchantment. Fixed.

Mkay, seems fine now, added you to the party list  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces