Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Settlers - Beginning tonight! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 pm
Nah. I'll put myself below you on the totem pole, Kytana. Of course, Rain will have to deal with complaints on the speed of how other games are going...but that's life.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 pm
Right now, life is telling me to get my car back from being repaired before the insurance expires on the 31st, while also getting to the DMV to get my car registered in Nevada by June 9th.

Once THAT is over with, I'll be out of pressing matters for a little while and things will definitely be kicking off. This game creation is prep for that period.

Now, it's almost 8:30 and I haven't had a chance to do dinner yet because of financial stuff, so I'll do that and maybe start some of the audits tonight.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:30 pm
Also, concerning the numbers of the game... the thing I'm worried about with a large group in this one is since you guys will effectively be doing the same thing, the PBP aspect will slow it down with so many. I made it 7 instead of Reev's 8 because I'm expecting 2 to drop to the standard 5.

So there's currently 9 of you (7 with completed sheets in time, with Kowsauni and Klaus filling in the other spots). So here's the deal:

I want two of you to volunteer to NOT be in this game. It can be Kowsauni OR Klaus OR anyone who beat the deadline.

In exchange, the two volunteers will choose the other 2 games I'll run, and be reserved a spot in said game. It doesn't HAVE to be from that list, but it has to be from the sources I have available: oWoD, nWoD, D&D 4e, D&D Essentials, D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, 3:16, Mutants & Masterminds (2nd or 3rd editions), Trail of Cthulhu, Anima, Eclipse Phase, Star Wars d20, Star Trek, Cthulhu Tech, d20 Modern, Monsterhearts, In Nomine, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, or Legend of the Five Rings (3rd or 4th edition).

If you want to play a system I listed above but don't like my pitch from my other thread of game's I'm going to make, then give me a generic pitch and I'll work around it (such as, "A D&D 4e game about devils!" or "A Star Wars game where you're the Empire!" or whatever). If I can do it, that's what I'll do. Though I'd definitely prefer my own ideas from the other thread because I already have them mentally fleshed out.

EDIT: If there's a game system I didn't list but you think is REALLY interesting and I might like it, feel free to suggest that as part of your volunteer vote. I'll look into it and tell you what I say.

Nobilis 3rd edition is a likely candidate because I've played in it, as is Apocalypse World. Nobilis is a game where you play a god of a particular concept/aspect in a world of other gods, but internal politics keep various parties at odds with one another - and there's a mutual enemy who's trying to undo all of creation, which blows. Apocalypse World is EXACTLY what it says on the tin, and tends to be hugely popular with anyone who plays it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm
If you're a lurker type that's waiting for other games to create, feel free to pitch in and try to sway the votes of anyone who might be volunteering, so they'll choose your game.

Wire, I'm looking in your direction.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 pm
That was mainly why I volunteered to give my spot up for someone else. The "thrown to the wolves" was more than just a phrase lol. At this point, I'm much more interested in the WtA idea, and you know just as well the less games on my plate, the better lol.

So at this point, I'll officially drop and ask for the spot in the WtA whenever you start it. Not that I particularly need the reserve since I've already got the char sheet made XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm
KytanaTheThief
That was mainly why I volunteered to give my spot up for someone else. The "thrown to the wolves" was more than just a phrase lol. At this point, I'm much more interested in the WtA idea, and you know just as well the less games on my plate, the better lol.

So at this point, I'll officially drop and ask for the spot in the WtA whenever you start it. Not that I particularly need the reserve since I've already got the char sheet made XD

Awooooooooooo!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:18 am
Added the stuff that was missing, but I'll do background in the morning.

Edit: Minor tweaks, and background added. This should be about as final as it gets.
Vesima Garrek, Half-Elf Elemental Warlock  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 am
i'll volunteer to not participate smile  

Kazua Kisake

Partying Genius

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:05 am
I'd give up my spot for a spot in Goblins.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 pm
So since Liquidor listed a game with her volunteer, it looks like I'm running the three following new games:

D&D SETTLERS...
D&D GOBLINS...

and Rain Plays...!
AND WEREWOLF!

I spent my lunch break plotting the Heroic Tier in Settlers, and I have a vague idea how I want Werewolf to go. : )  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:32 pm
Here is a list I came up with, of ten luxuries that the settlement might have.

There's 7 players. I want each of you to choose one of those luxuries. Whatever is left, you don't have.

• Outhouses - Everyone poops, even adventurers. Without any Outhouses, people will have to resort to using bedpans and (hopefully) leaving the settlement to dispose of their waste. All around hygiene goes down, and danger goes up with so many people leaving the boundaries for personal business.
  • Blacksmith's Stables & Clothier - Adventurer's gear can get messed up, and often needs to be tended to. Magic gear is more durable, but can still be damaged, especially by other magic. Without a Smith and Tailor, your stuff is going to get run down.
  • Food Storehouse - Extra noms for extra bellies. Without this, you will be completely dependent on what gets hunted, gathered, or fished. Crops are still a WIP yet and nothing is growing.
  • Well - Fresh water unless you can find some on the island. Sure, a decanter of endless water would solve this problem, but did anyone actually think to bring one? Yeah, that's what I thought.
  • Guard Towers - This island is uninhabited and safe, yeah? If you aren't confident on that, you might want some of these so people can keep a lookout for dangers.
  • Marketplace - Without a market, you'll need to wait for merchants to arrive on trade ships to cash in your ill-gotten gains. Also, to avoid waiting for said merchants to purchase things too.
  • Livestock - A source of food and dairy products beyond grains and fish and fruits. If you want delicious MEATS and aren't willing to bet on edible fauna, consider some livestock. It will improve the health of your town.
  • Church - Divine classes are an option and you may decide to play one. But a church is a good place for all your faith-related needs. Also it comes with a priest (passive cleric) for healing if you or any townsfolk ever needs it.
  • Bathhouse - How many of you are dwarves? Then you'd better consider investing in a bathhouse, for sanitary reasons. Until you get one of those, your personal hygiene and health will suffer for it. A bathhouse requires either a well or a storehouse to work.
  • Mason - Without a Mason, all your buildings will be simply sticks and straw. That makes them burnable and not very defensible, vs the weather and possible attacks. Just saying, is all.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 pm
The obvious thing to start with is the well. A couple of things are dependent on it and....water is water ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:10 pm
In the grand scheme of things we can probably do without, I'd say Marketplace, Livestock, and Church are highest on the list. Just my opinion, though.

As for my choice... we have a well now. May as well get the Bathhouse to go along with it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 pm
Last thing we need is a villager dumping a cartload of crap on some sacred burial ground, so I'm going to add Outhouse  

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 pm
Another benefit is that the refuse is concentrated in a single area so that the "Night Soil" might be more easily used as fertilizer. Excuse me one second.

*goes up into one of the L5R games and conscripts a bunch of eta to deal with that problem*  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff