Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] The Return of the Rockets [Slots Available] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Vampfighter1

From what I understood, it was a gym leader's job to train their local populace if the local trainer was willing to learn from them rather than traveling to see most of the the region. (But that may have been something I misinterpreted)

It really depends on the Gym Leader. Jasmine has no Trainers, which may be because she's overconfident in her skills. She has that entire Lighthouse full of Trainers, so it has nothing to do with a lack of nearby talent. Whereas other Gym Leaders might have many trainers, from needed buffers to needed puzzle props. Most will go for Trainers that already love/train in their type.

So You don't think Clair would train any rookies?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm
Vampfighter1

So You don't think Clair would train any rookies?

With her personality, it's extremely unlikely...

There are other people who may take on apprentices, but that's usually for people they deem as talented.
As a player, though, you should be a person who stands out. As long as you don't start saying you're a child of Viridian Forest or something to that effect, I'll usually accept what you deem as your special qualities.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm
I'm posting to say I have a mild interest in this game... Just have some questions.

1] From what you've seen of me do I meet your RP requirements? razz
2] How... vital is knowledge of the manga? Admittedly, I've never read or paid any attention to them (or the show for that matter past the 2nd season or so). As much as I enjoy Pokemon (and the link RafeRavel posted), I don't think over 400 comics worth of extra reading material will be something I could do for this game... >.> - I'd hate my lack of knowledge to be a detriment to the game or anything.
3] So we'd be essentially using the in-game mechanics to determine things? Or is this some homebrew system that uses the mechanics as part of it? I did some passing research on this before for a one-on-one thing I did awhile back, so I have a good idea how it all works.
4] Are the starting Pokemon in the first post... the only ones, period? Or would you allow for some slight deviation?
5] With regards to character, I have two or three ideas floating around and I'm wondering how receptive you'd be to someone essentially being a spy for someone else (be it the police or otherwise)? I'll say that I fully expect to be found out - and have ideas for the character when that happens so that it'd not essentially be "You're a spy! *kill*". Hell, they may know from the get-go and let em' in for their own reasons. >.> I doubt a new recruit would have access to... ANY useful information, after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:46 pm
Captain Ragnar Devonin

^w^ Well hai thar, Captain! (=w=)7
I'll try to answer these as best I can:

1] From what you've seen of me do I meet your RP requirements? razz
You are way above my standard, Captain. Don't worry about that.

2] How... vital is knowledge of the manga?
Some of the basic plots (available on Bulbapedia) are all you really need. Just read up on Team Rocket and I'll tell you any other info you need to know. Although, then you may be missing out on things like Zapmolcuno....

3] So we'd be essentially using the in-game mechanics to determine things? Or is this some homebrew system that uses the mechanics as part of it?
It'll be as close to the in-game mechanics as possible. That being said, I'm still figuring out some things. Some of the equations for things, like attacking, I've got. I still need to find Crit chance (and something that I forgot....)

4] Are the starting Pokemon in the first post... the only ones, period? Or would you allow for some slight deviation?
Only those, for good reason. They are common as well as weak and, thus, unwanted by the members in the Rocket Brigade. What else are the Pre-Grunts going to use?

5] With regards to character, I have two or three ideas floating around and I'm wondering....
XD A spy would be interesting, to say the least. It would depend on who you're spying for, though. Spying for Lance will get you killed/tortured. Spying for the police may be like "Pfft. The police have nothing on us." Spying for Giovanni, who is currently missing, will get you the royal treatment. Literally. They love that dude. (Although, then you have to explain how you met Giovanni and why you're spying for him and what kind of info he wants and blah blah blah...)
Short answer: If you think you can pull it off, go for it.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Maxine "Maxie" Adams

Why did you decide to take this test?
I want to show everyone.

What makes you Rocket material?
I try my best to get the job done and I don't give up very easily.

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
I was born and raised in Viridian City. I'm the youngest of 7 siblings. With that many kids, my parents never really had time for me. The older kids would always pick on me and call me things like useless, worthless, and pathetic. What I know about Pokemon, I had to learn through books and observations on my own. I finally managed to catch my first Pokemon a few months ago. It was a Polywag. After being thoroughly beaten by all of my siblings, I kind of fell into a depression. Now that I'm out of it, I want to show them that I'm the better trainer. I'll stop at nothing to prove this!

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
I'm short, kind of stocky. I have long brown hair that i keep tied back. My brown eyes are usually obscured by glasses. I tend to wear jeans and over-sized sweaters

What are your team skills? People skills?
I'm not really sure. Most people tend to over-look or ignore me...

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
Not a whole lot, really. I only had my polywag a few months

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
Any where is fine with me.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
I prefer the dark and water ones, but other than that, it doesn't really matter much to me.

And I apologize if I got anything wrong. I was more of a book worm growing up than a video game player. I watched some of the anime, but that was about it. ^///^;  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm
Hopefully the last edit. I tried to make it seem a little more reasonable and why she would have been kicked out.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:56 pm
The Graverobber Max
I finally managed to catch my first Pokemon a couple months ago. It was the Piplup I gave up to join.

:T I call hax!
There are no Piplups in the wild and definitely nowhere near Viridian.

But, can you add a little more?
I expect more than one or two sentences....
I don't understand why someone who just became a Trainer would join Team Rocket. Most are overly optimistic and full of drive with a strong sense of justice.
Always ask "Why?". Why would your character do the things they do?

Vampfighter1

The only thing that still bothers me is that they would tell you that the cost is one Pokémon before you take the test. The fact that CJ would want Jacee back shows that she formed a close bond with her Pokémon, which is detrimental to the organization. I'm sure they perceive each member as an expendable and each Pokémon as a potential profit.
I just feel like CJ isn't Rocket material
:T It's hard to explain, but I don't think she has the drive they're looking for.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
The Graverobber Max
I finally managed to catch my first Pokemon a couple months ago. It was the Piplup I gave up to join.

I don't understand why someone who just became a Trainer would join Team Rocket. Most are overly optimistic and full of drive with a strong sense of justice.

Vampfighter1

The only thing that still bothers me is that they would tell you that the cost is one Pokémon before you take the test. The fact that CJ would want Jacee back shows that she formed a close bond with her Pokémon, which is detrimental to the organization. I'm sure they perceive each member as an expendable and each Pokémon as a potential profit.
I just feel like CJ isn't Rocket material
:T It's hard to explain, but I don't think she has the drive they're looking for.

Alright. Fair nough!  

Vampfighter1
Crew

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

oops! I just started playing Diamond the other day, so that's what I was going off of... sweatdrop yeah... :T anyways, I think I got it fixed now...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:15 pm
I so want to try... but can't sweatdrop I have next to no knowledge of pokemon, as the closest I got to the series is Red, Blue and Yellow, and no I don't mean their remakes. I just really want to play a villain, and this is the only game that would allow that, that I have seen anyway.  

glitterboypilot

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 pm
I believe there is a 6% chance to critical by default, and it goes up in stages much like stats. I think having 1 stage up (either super luck, hold item, focus energy, or using a high-crit move) is 12.5%. Having 2 of the above raises it to 25%, then 3 of the above 33%, and 4 of the above to 50%. Or something like that. >.<

I honestly can't remember much about it now.

I was mostly asking about the Pokemon to see if I could squeeze in my favourite. xD. But I guess he'd technically be uncommon... I think Gen 1 is the only one he was catchable early-ish (after Mt. Moon). /Shrug. I'll just have to catch one later.

I'll go try to read up on Lance/Rockets before I submit anything. If they wouldn't care much about the police, then I'd want it to be for Lance to make it more interesting but I honestly have no idea why someone well known like that would have anything to do with the charrie I have in mind. >.>

Eh, we'll see.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am
The Graverobber Max

oops! I just started playing Diamond the other day, so that's what I was going off of... sweatdrop yeah... :T anyways, I think I got it fixed now...

XD Then why not start out in Sinnoh? There's nothing stopping you from being an actual Trainer like Red.

But, as I said before, I'm going to need more. Description I don't really need much of, but motivation and eligibility are musts for me to accept anyone.

Captain Ragnar Devonin

Hmmm.... I'll look it up, once I get back.

XD Don't worry. I plan on starting in Kanto~  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 am
Urk. Work in progress: I just realized what time it was, and since I can't save this otherwise I figured I'd toss it up now and edit/finish it later. Also, I notice most everyone filling this out in the first person... so if you want me to switch it, that's fine, but I'm used to filling out game forms in third person... feels more comfortable. Even if it looks odd here. xD.

Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Samantha [Surname TBD; Not 100% on the first name either... ]

In truth, she took the test because it was the only way out of a potentially deadly situation. Of course, that isn't what she'd write.

She'd write something more along the lines of...

She's confident in her own abilities, but events have lead her to take a more cautious approach to situations; she knows what she is capable of and won't take unnecessary risks that might jeopardize a given plan. She is more than willing to listen to her superiors, and although she puts survival as her top priority - she won't abandon something just because it has a few bad turns. She'll stick it out until everything goes to hell. (... and then get the hell out of there, not that she'd mention that on her exam).

She grew up in Johto, in the town of... (my memory is failing me!).

WIP

She has a handful of badges from Kanto and Johto, though the only ones she is proud of are... (gotta look badge names up). She has won her fair share of battles...

Any region but Johto as it is where she grew up (and thus most familiar with).

She's quite infatuated with both ground, and water types and has a passing interest in rock, and ice types due to the way they are related. She's fairly indifferent about all the other types with the exception of grass and dragon; she has a strong dislike of grass types and the trainers who use them due to the inherent weakness her beloved types have. She has a slight dislike for dragon due to an unfortunate.... encounter... with them, however, she isn't entirely sure if this dislike is of the user, or the type itself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm
Going to try a new character design.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Maysen Velarde

Team Rocket is the largest Crime Syndicate in the world right now, and it isn’t as short sighted at the local Pokémon Liberation Front, aka Team Plasma. Now, shall we begin with the interview?

Personal finances. I may not be a fighter (yet) but I have the resources to fund most of the expeditions you can send me on. My father is a major shareholder in several of the corporations littering Black City and Castelia City, Unova’s metropolitan zones, so I have access to lots of funds, and I want to add to that, in whatever way possible.

My father is a stockbroker. Makes his finances by essentially tearing apart the stock market. He expects me to be his perfect little daughter in front of the camera, which I do, but he doesn’t know enough about me to know I’m more of a devil. My expirience with Pokémon is minimal, the extent of which is the Servant Pokémon my father owns. A Machoke for dinner services, three Pikachu’s who run the house’s electricity. And we have a Pansear he’s trying to have trained to run any of the house’s culinary needs.
Hmm.. What else.... I think my criminal background probably would be nice as well? Publicly I seem to be an angel. But behind the scenes... well, Elise’s best models have fallen victim to dress sabotage. I didn’t like the Pokémon Musical they put on for those idiotic men. I mean honestly, “A Rising Star?” It’s about as pathetic as you get. I visited two of the stars back stage, and gave them some human cold medicine.. The show was a flop the next night, and the theatre lost a substantial amount of money from what I heard.

Well, how do you describe perfection? Um... 5’10”, naturally blonde hair, neck length, currently with a Pixie Styling, Blue eyes, black stiletto heels, a red dress, and a simple jeweled collar.

I know how to bring out the best in people, whether it’s monetary incentive, forceful direction, or a little seduction. I have to be the public face of my father’s company, so dealing with people is the easiest part of my day.

Up to this point, I haven’t had any Pokémon of my own, so no I don’t have anything.

Wherever the Money Lies sweetheart. Wherever, the money lies.

Umm... Let’s see... When Daddy and I visited Straiton, the grass Pokémon seemed to be very strong... But then we visited Icarus City, and the Dragonspiral Tower, with all the ghosts? I thought I would faint... but the power I saw... It was intoxicating.
I will tell you though, the Bug pokémon down at the Castelia gym? I can’t stand them, even if they make the most delicious honey on earth.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff