Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Shadows of the Last War Chapter One Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:45 pm
It turns out that the concerns over the gargoyle flights were unfounded. The location to which you are headed seems to be outside any of their hunting territories - or they're biding their time until you're earthbound, perhaps. As the Skybold reaches a safe level, the terrain comes into greater focus. It really is oddly abandoned for such a supposedly valuable location, with very little movement beyond the wind in the trees.

As your feet land solidly on the gravelly terrain, the maw of the cavern yawns wide before you, dark and ominous, but still nothing moves.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15 am
Veliosia followed along with the others, keeping his eyes out for anything out of the ordinary. He was unsure of the place, but kept his air of calm and collected stasis. "Does anyone know what kind of place this is? Perhaps if it involves the dead or ceremonies invovling the dead?"  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:32 pm
Aden disembarked Skybold, carrying a hammer with a few lengths of rope tied to pegs. He hammered the pegs into the ground, anchoring Skybold to the ledge, so it wouldn't drift off. "Afraid I don't know any more than you do. Though I guess we'll find out soon now won't we?" he said cheerfully, tossing the hammer back into the ship after anchoring the last peg.

Meanwhile, Faolan flew to the mouth of the cave, venturing in just a little bit to scope out the enterance using his darkvision.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm
Aggre stepped down on to solid land and grimaced. "I hate going into these kinds of situations blind..." he muttered to himself, and slid his shield over his arm. The man looked around silently, and began moving forward slowly. "What's our marching order, ladies and gents?" He said with a clear voice. "I'd prefer to take lead, be a bit of a buffer."  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:57 pm
Aden approached the mouth of the cave. "I'll be staying near the back myself. Faolan can guard our rear. He's pretty fast, so he can fly ahead to the front to back you up if you should need it."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm
"I'm good with all of that," says Sable in her quiet voice. "Let's get going then." She motions for Aggre to lead the way.  

jennibert

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:57 pm
Aggre nodded, and started a Torch in his free hand. With that out, he stepped into the cave slowly, keeping his eyes open for anything important. "Things are looking safe so far..." He said, loud enough for even those in the back to hear. His fist tightened around the strap of his shield, knuckles turning white.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am
jennibert
Sable d'Cannith

iLL iNTENT
Aden Agrona and Faolan

RafeRafel
Aggre Dion

InsaneKatKing475
Veliosia Tarathel

Ahead, in the twisting tunnels, the air is strangely cool - certainly cooler than one would expect, even inside a cavern winding into the mountainside. It slopes downwards, and you see glints of crystal in the walls here and there, reflecting the light from your torches.

As you turn a corner in the winding tunnel, you come to a chamber about forty feet on a side, with two tunnels leading from it in the wall opposite your entrance. Standing in the center of the room is a human-sized statue made of crystal. Your breath in white clouds in the cool air now, you realize that the statue has begun to move.

{So very sorry for the delay. I was waiting on jennibert, and then got some bad news from work that left me pretty uninspired for the better part of the week. Time for everyone to roll for initiative!}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

InsaneKatKing rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 pm
Veliosia noticed that the statue had started to move, and, failing to find words to express how he was feeling at the moment, decided upon, "This is gonna hurt."

init +7  
iLL iNTENT rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:13 am
Initiative: +4

Hearing the sound of scraping stone, Aden frowns at the statue. "It's moving? Some sort of golem?"

((What sort of knowledge check can identify this thing? Arcana?))  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

RafeRavel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am
Aggre groaned at the sight of movement, "Ho, boy... I guess this is why we came armed..."

Initiative +3

Results: 17  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 pm
iLL iNTENT
((What sort of knowledge check can identify this thing? Arcana?))
{Yes, Knowledge: Arcana would help identify it.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 pm
Sable rolls her eyes and holds her short sword at the ready.

{+6 to init}  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 am
Initiatives
iLL iNTENT
21 and Faolan (not rolled)
RafeRafel
jennibert
InsaneKatKing475

Crystal Statue 3  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

iLL iNTENT rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-40)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 am
Whoops, my bad, rolling

Faolan's Initiative: 2+8=10

Knowledge Arcana: 3+6=9 Well crud, I'm guessing that's not gonna tell me much : /  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff