Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Shadows of the Last War [Preparing for Launch] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 8-sided dice: 8, 5, 6, 6, 5 Total: 30 (5-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Rollan for HD:  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:17 pm
Got my background written up. Sable's done. smile  

jennibert

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:35 pm
Alhean, Half-elf Magus.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart

You don't specify which nation he's form, but I would suggest Aundair. They have a history of mixing magic with just about anything.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 pm
Arc Vembris
Keith Valken Lionheart

You don't specify which nation he's form, but I would suggest Aundair. They have a history of mixing magic with just about anything.
I mentioned he was part of Breland's army, though it's vague.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:59 pm
SilverAnubis
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348963

My completed character sheet with his background. Ask if you have questions about something.

Okay... Stats are off. I'm assuming you put your human +2 into CON and your stat-bump into Wisdom, which leads your base stats to be:
12 = 2 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
10 = 0 points
-------------------
xx = 22 points / 25 points

You've overspent by 3,100 gp, and that's just your weapon and armor, not ammunition, adventuring gear, etc. Your bow, for example, costs 8500 gp, and your armor costs 5100 gp. You only have 10500 to spend, so that's too much right there. Don't forget that a weapon must have a +1 enhancement bonus before you add abilities such as corrosive.

You should probably go ahead and replace the Armor Expert trait, as it doesn't benefit you at all unless you're eventually planning on upgrading to a different armor type.

Your skill points are really underspent. As a human cleric with a 14 INT, you should have at least 5 skill points per level - 6 if you take your favored class bonus as skill points rather than HP or the bonus to CL checks to overcome outsider SR.

As a good aligned cleric, I'd also recommend against preparing the various cure spells, as you can spontaneously convert whatever else you have into cure spells anyway. That gives you a lot more options.

Do you know much about the world setting of Eberron? I ask, as I'm curious to know what country you may have served in the Last War. If you'd like a few tips or ideas, feel free to ask. I'm sure folks around here would be more than happy to provide assistance or suggestions. Your background is fine - I just figure it might not be a bad idea to tie yourself to an actual country, since that's how a lot of people associate themselves in the world.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:28 pm
Given his god-abstraction, I'm guessing Thrane would be a poor choice. Breland or Cyre would be ideal.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Okay.

Looks like you've only spent 21 points, assuming you put your human +2 stat bonus into one of your 15s and you put your 4th level stat bump into another of your 15s, such that you started with a 13 and a 14 instead. If you forgot those two things... then you have overspent by 2 but would still have that other stuff to account for...

You have five feats but you should only have four total.

You either haven't taken your favored class bonus to either hp or skills, though you might be saving up for the extra rogue talent at 6th level, which I can certainly respect.

You don't appear to have either of the two traits you're eligible for, which could help you a bit.

You've also underspent your gold by a few thousand. Was that intentional or not?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:08 pm
RafeRavel
Rolling for health, and history on the way! :3

Aggre Dion, Human Fighter

You've underspent on your ability score points - assuming you've accounted for your human +2 to a stat and your level bump at fourth, you've only spent 21 points.

By my count, before adventuring gear, you only have 1280gp left, so your remaining cash wouldn't allow for 140 pp (1400 gp), so we'll have to reevaluate your gold spent.

You call out that you have 4 skill points from your favored class, but where's the 5th favored class bump going? You should also have more skill points ( 5(2+2 INT + 1 human) + 4 favored class = 29) available to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:26 pm
jennibert
cry on viruses.

And, in other news, here's my character submission. Her background's not quite done, but her mechanics are. I'll finish her up in the next day or so. Sable d'Cannith

I don't have a whole lot to directly critique on you, so yay.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:29 pm
Disciple of Sakura

Okay.

Looks like you've only spent 21 points, assuming you put your human +2 stat bonus into one of your 15s and you put your 4th level stat bump into another of your 15s, such that you started with a 13 and a 14 instead. If you forgot those two things... then you have overspent by 2 but would still have that other stuff to account for...

You have five feats but you should only have four total.

You either haven't taken your favored class bonus to either hp or skills, though you might be saving up for the extra rogue talent at 6th level, which I can certainly respect.

You don't appear to have either of the two traits you're eligible for, which could help you a bit.

You've also underspent your gold by a few thousand. Was that intentional or not?

Alright. Permission to take my stats as they are? I actually try running a character who is under developed to the rest of the crew.

As for the favored class bonus...... what?!? I'm still learning Pathfinder so, help me as I go along please.

Feats, ill fix one of those feats.

And I don't really know how I could get the extra rouge talent..... so help?

As for the cash, I'm placing that as her total savings to this point. I mean, an ex-Cyran ought to have $.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm
Vampfighter1

As for the favored class bonus...... what?!? I'm still learning Pathfinder so, help me as I go along please.

Quote:
Favored Class

Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes (see Prestige Classes) can never be a favored class.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm
Vampfighter1

Alright. Permission to take my stats as they are? I actually try running a character who is under developed to the rest of the crew.

As for the cash, I'm placing that as her total savings to this point. I mean, an ex-Cyran ought to have $.
Sorry, pressed enter to soon

as for the extra Rogue talent, she is saying you can take an extra rogue talent instead of taking the normal bonuses for favorite class (+1 to hp or skill points at the start of every level.)

As for the others, that is her call  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Vampfighter1

Sorry, pressed enter to soon

as for the extra Rogue talent, she is saying you can take an extra rogue talent instead of taking the normal bonuses for favorite class (+1 to hp or skill points at the start of every level.)

As for the others, that is her call

Actually, I'm saying you could save up for it. In the Advanced Player's Guide, humans got new Favored Class options aside from extra skill points or HP. The rogue option is that they get 1/6th of the way towards an extra rogue talent. If they take that option 6 times, they get a new talent. Since Vesper is level five, she could be 5/6ths of the way to an extra talent, if that's what you wanted to go with instead of HP or skill points.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:42 am
I think ill save for the rogue talen  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers