Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3.5 The Black Hand... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 pm
Sadly, my knowledge of ancient religions is lacking. That's the only Aztec/Mayan god I know and other than that, I focus on Greek and Norse Mythos.

And fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:58 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Sadly, my knowledge of ancient religions is lacking. That's the only Aztec/Mayan god I know and other than that, I focus on Greek and Norse Mythos.

And fantasy.

lol, yes, my mayan/aztec religion knowledge is lacking as well. Though I am less ignorant of greek than norse, i am still lacking in those as well. Of course, i hate religion as a general rule, and only find it interesting in fantasy books where it actually seems to be of some use.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:55 pm
I am not going to go further on this subject, as it's not one which should be up for debate and really, I doubt anyone cares about a person's beliefs at the moment.

If this was of higher level, I'd totally try to have my guy be some ancient being that has metaphorically 'walked the earth' for thousands of years, actually being the inspiration for the Feathered Serpent deity of whatever Aztec based civilization existed. Not actually having any magic powers or anything, just being kinda 'I'm going to start hurting you now.'  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 pm
Raganui Minamoto
I am not going to go further on this subject, as it's not one which should be up for debate and really, I doubt anyone cares about a person's beliefs at the moment.

If this was of higher level, I'd totally try to have my guy be some ancient being that has metaphorically 'walked the earth' for thousands of years, actually being the inspiration for the Feathered Serpent deity of whatever Aztec based civilization existed. Not actually having any magic powers or anything, just being kinda 'I'm going to start hurting you now.'

I agree, so i shall now shut up on the subject.

lol, that sounds pretty interesting. i've done the same kinda thing in a fwe roleplays, having a creature of some extremely longevity existing through some of history's more momentus ordeals.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm
It would have been interesting. The tales of the deity, him telling what really happened (when he could remember) and what not.

Right now, he's very good at grappling with and crushing an opponent, as well as having a decent area 'denial'.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 15 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 5, 4, 6, 1, 4, 6, 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, 4, 3 Total: 56 (15-90)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:16 pm
This party needs a good skill monkey.

First three stats...  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 15 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 6, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 2, 1, 5 Total: 42 (15-90)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:17 pm
16, 14, 13...

Next three...

12, 11, 12... Suck. With the dice I was throwing, that should have averaged to more than what I could get with 32 points... Maybe I won't bother... We'll see if I can make the numbers work.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:19 pm
Indeed.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:22 pm
Tezcatlipoca is the other well-known Aztec god; Patron of the Jaguar Knights and god of darkness.  
Emerald the Crow rolled 15 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 6, 4, 1, 3, 2, 3, 5, 3, 2, 3, 6, 6 Total: 52 (15-90)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm
ninja  

Emerald the Crow

Emerald the Crow rolled 15 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 4, 6, 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1 Total: 62 (15-90)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:26 pm
ninja x2  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 am
Of those I have seen, everything looks good. Though, Tanner doesn't have a background to read sad ... but I said they was optional. Ah well.

I will make my first post soon, so you can place plan or make your posts. Just know I will not be back until later this week. So, I wouldn't be able to answer any questions or what not.

If I could get a sub-folder that would be cool if not. No sweat of my back. I don't mind if we play it here or there...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:04 pm
Soon after your choice is voiced, a black cloth bag is placed over your head. Then the skin, right below your navel is burnt, as you are branded much like a cattle. Finally, you are pulled out of the room and back down the hall. Any motion or sound of resist, was swiftly meet by the edge of a blade. Splashes of warm liquid and screams, tell of at least six that had this meeting. Suddenly, the smell of the ocean fills your nostrils, and the warmth that could only come from the sun caresses your skin. The sounds of horses heavy breathing and two people talking in an odd language replace the sounds of screams and cries.

“So these are my charges.” The voice of a young elven maiden spoke. “Yes, Lady Eve, these are they.” A deep orcish voice came form behind. “Good.” She said with a hint passion as she approached and softly and slowly slid her hand a crossed the chests of Egrasul, Rei, and stopping at Zakir; before walking back. “Remove their hoods. Let them meet their Dark Lady.”

The sun’s bright light, force you to turn you head and close your eyes as the black bag is quickly and abruptly pulled off your head. As your vision adjusts to the sudden change in light, “You are chosen few, that have been given a second chance for a new life. A life of service.” Eve spoke. A fair skinned green eyed Elven maiden, her silk-like blond hair seemed to go to her mid-back. She was dressed in a white dress, made for royalty or at least the court. She didn’t seem to be armed with anything. “To you I am Lady Eve, I am to be your master. Until other wise said, your life now belongs to me. I am to see to it that you do the King‘s work. The Orc behind you, Athsh.” Standing not five feet behind them, black haired half-orc. The scars that adorn his body, gave the impression that he has been in more battles than there are days in a year, some of which look fresh. “He will see to it that you don‘t try anything stupid…like run, purposely fail the mission or kill me.” With that, Eve let out a sigh as she looked everyone over once more. “Your first mission is simple, And will test your loyalty. Not far to the west is a village. The King wishes you to Raze it, kill everyone, Women, children, elderly, No one is to survive. but you are to do it under the flag of the country of Isdtone.” She then pointed to the covered wagon behind her. “In it you will find your gear and an Isdtone flag. Take them and set out. You have until sunset to finish or we will. And you will die with them. Any questions? If not, go”

Eve:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Athsh:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:55 pm
"My question is why did you have us branded" Rei asked as she walked over to the wagon and obtained her equipment and the flag "for king and country" She murmered to herself.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:29 pm
"Oh, that... " Eve turned to look at Rei, "You are one of us until you die. That mark verifies that. In some cities we have.... safe houses if you will. You can now enter them, and gain a discount on weapons, armor..." She then gave her a smile, "along with a few other things. As well as protection from the the enemy's you will make, and believe me you will make enemies."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff