Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:53 pm
Xylee now has a background. I had it mostly written in my head, but family in town over the weekend and busy at work today meant it took me a while to get it in.

Also, I left some of the dates fuzzy because I wasn't sure from the first post how long after Order 66 went out that you were planning on setting the game. If you think anything needs some tweaking, just let me know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:58 pm
@Dion:
That's a fallacy I won't answer to. Just because there aren't any known, the books, comics, and movies only focused on the major players, not the minors like padawans, or Jedi that don't matter.

@Anatarei:
If you remember, any and all Padawans that are out of Coruscant are, 99% of the time, with a Jedi Master. Doubly so when you have a lightsaber in hand/on body.
Further, as per the Yoda, you don't know if he was able to save all of the Jedi that were stationed on Kashyyk with him. So, just because Yoda was there, doesn't mean he's your "panacea" for keeping yourself, and master alive. If you remember, the Clone Troopers were anything but kind to the Jedi they were protecting/following pre-Order 66. If anything, they were absolutely merciless in eliminating the Jedi.

@Dalls:
That's all right. I don't expect solid dates on everything.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm
Seph Baelzara
@Dion:
That's a fallacy I won't answer to. Just because there aren't any known, the books, comics, and movies only focused on the major players, not the minors like padawans, or Jedi that don't matter.

And your case isn't a fallacy either? Just because someone played a Wookiee Jedi in a game doesn't mean you can readily assume that they will be in abundance. Its a legitimate backstory that can be fleshed out; maybe the character met a Jedi in hiding and gave them their lightsaber.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:26 pm
I won't deny that my denial may be a fallacy in of itself. However, I'd rather hear the argument come from the player who's going to play said Jedi, not some [possible] friend of the player.

So with that, I'm going to ask you, Dion, to please stand down, and let me address the possible soon-to-be Jedi's character' owner.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:30 pm
Seph Baelzara
I won't deny that my denial may be a fallacy in of itself. However, I'd rather hear the argument come from the player who's going to play said Jedi, not some [possible] friend of the player.

So with that, I'm going to ask you, Dion, to please stand down, and let me address the possible soon-to-be Jedi's character' owner.

Not trying to pick a fight; just pointing things out is all. But yeah, I'll back off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm
I've been looking at Destinies and none seem to fit my character. Is it absolutely necessary for me to choose one?  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:09 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
I've been looking at Destinies and none seem to fit my character. Is it absolutely necessary for me to choose one?

I concur with this statement and eagerly await a response.
(begins constructing a background)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=306529

Talyn the Jedi. I've described a good deal of the back story to the ST. RP to find out more? o_O If it isn't too late.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 am
Seph Baelzara
@Anatarei:
If you remember, any and all Padawans that are out of Coruscant are, 99% of the time, with a Jedi Master. Doubly so when you have a lightsaber in hand/on body.
Further, as per the Yoda, you don't know if he was able to save all of the Jedi that were stationed on Kashyyk with him. So, just because Yoda was there, doesn't mean he's your "panacea" for keeping yourself, and master alive. If you remember, the Clone Troopers were anything but kind to the Jedi they were protecting/following pre-Order 66. If anything, they were absolutely merciless in eliminating the Jedi.

Did you actually read the character's provided back story? He was with a master - a Bith. The Master was cut down in short order because he was obviously standing out amongst all the wookiees. But Lowookar fit in better amongst his surroundings, both by looking like other Wookiees and (likely) by not being right there, drawing as much attention. From what I remember of the battle for Kashyyk, the wookies were often fighting by themselves, rather than always alongside Clone Troopers. Most of the footage we see in your link even shows Clones attacking Jedi directly leading them, but a Padawan most certainly wouldn't have been leading them, and if he was a very new arrival, could easily have been missed by troops.

I certainly don't think Yoda went about saving his Jedi brethren (though that makes him one cold mother ********). But his presence, and his escape, likely caused a fair amount of problems and difficulties amongst the Clone troopers, who probably had him as an extremely high priority. It certainly could have distracted them and/or lessened their capacity to hunt down other Jedi, particularly those who look just like the indigenous species and aren't swinging their lighsabers around willy-nilly.

But, well... *Shrug* Whatever. I put it together for funzies. I'd be most interested in exactly what you considered an acceptable explanation for a surviving beginner Padawan, as your general assessment seems to indicate that there is no way that any Jedi should have survived, much less one who was just starting out with almost no real experience (as is the case with first level characters). I certainly don't expect that I can change your mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 am
Dion Necurat
Seph Baelzara

Not trying to pick a fight; just pointing things out is all. But yeah, I'll back off.

Thanks for the support, btw. I appreciate it.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 pm
Mongooseh
Keith Valken Lionheart

I concur with this statement and eagerly await a response.
(begins constructing a background)

If no Destiny works for you, then I may suggest the Backgrounds (Legacy Era book, if I remember right). They're not as powerful as the Destinies, but do offer another option.

@Anatarei:
Well... now I feel like an a**. Crap! gonk Sorry.

I simply don't have the heart to kick anyone at this stage, but it would possibly bring the count to 8. 7 if I discount the submission at 5am my time.

Eh. Screw it. I'll let all 8 fly. I'll just bump the encounter numbers up a few to scale with the number.

Can I ask someone to switch one of their languages to Jawa? That way it's not left in the dark/speaking an unknown language that no one can understand?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:46 pm
And I JUST deleted my Legacy book... I'll get it again, see what Backgrounds fit my little Jawa. And about the Language barrier, don't worry. I didn't plan on the party knowing Jawa or the Trade Language, but that's a challenge I'd be undertaking, how to communicate with the other party members.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
And I JUST deleted my Legacy book... I'll get it again, see what Backgrounds fit my little Jawa. And about the Language barrier, don't worry. I didn't plan on the party knowing Jawa or the Trade Language, but that's a challenge I'd be undertaking, how to communicate with the other party members.

Well there you go: it will be your Jawa's destiny to learn languages so to better communicate deals amongst different species. That sounds like an Education destiny to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 pm
Maybe make it more along the lines of finding ways to better communicate with other races, since I think Jawas are like Wookies in the sense of 'Can understand langauges, but are unable to speak them'.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas