Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Pathfinder) Considering starting up a... unique campaign. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:44 am
orc? y/n  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 am
Laertes Ursus
I'll request the Ancestral Relic feat from the Book of Exalted Deeds, page... 39 & 41.
I have a copy of the book in question, and I approve the use of the feat.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:19 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
orc? y/n
Yes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am
Laertes Ursus
Meet the Pally. He takes the hits. Sometimes, he heals, but he's not great at it. If he's off his horse, there's a problem.
It's good.

In this campaign, Paladins, being Neutral Good, cannot get the axiomatic property with divine bond, cast protection from chaos, cast magic circle against chaos, or cast dispel chaos. They can, however, cast comprehend languages, deathwatch, invisibility purge, and tongues to make up for this.

The Paladin's code of honor requires them to always follow the path that will do the most good, regardless of law or chaos, act with respect towards life, even their enemies (This does not mean that they cannot kill, but it does mean that they cannot kill for no reason, torture a living enemy, mutilate a dead body, or do something else along those lines. Paladins may carry out executions or stand by while someone else carries them out, but only if they are absolutely sure that the person being executed is guilty of something that warrants such punishment and the execution is carried out without any attempts to make the condemned suffer before dying. Not all Paladins believe in the death penalty or carry out executions, but the code of conduct does not forbid it.), strive towards honor and decency. This means no resorting to evil means, even if the cause is good. Lying is not unilaterally evil, and neither is the use of stealth or assassination. All of these things can be dishonorable and break the Paladin's code of conduct, but they can also be perfectly acceptable. It all depends on the circumstances. The use of lethal poisons is only acceptable if the greatest care is taken to avoid poisoning anyone other than the target, the poison selected is one that kills as quickly as possible and not one that causes undue suffering, and there is not a better alternative.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 am
Little Miss Chloroform
I still need to buy equipment, but otherwise I think I'm done.
Meet Kepli Greenspan.
Accepted.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am
Seph Baelzara
And for the most part, I should be done.
Also, looking at the above character, I feel tank-y. This... doesn't seem right.
Accepted.

I'm working on getting the RP thread up now.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:49 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Laertes Ursus
Meet the Pally. He takes the hits. Sometimes, he heals, but he's not great at it. If he's off his horse, there's a problem.
It's good.

In this campaign, Paladins, being Neutral Good, cannot get the axiomatic property with divine bond, cast protection from chaos, cast magic circle against chaos, or cast dispel chaos. They can, however, cast comprehend languages, deathwatch, invisibility purge, and tongues (Levels?)to make up for this.

The Paladin's code of honor requires them to always follow the path that will do the most good, regardless of law or chaos, act with respect towards life, even their enemies (This does not mean that they cannot kill, but it does mean that they cannot kill for no reason, torture a living enemy, mutilate a dead body, or do something else along those lines. Paladins may carry out executions or stand by while someone else carries them out, but only if they are absolutely sure that the person being executed is guilty of something that warrants such punishment and the execution is carried out without any attempts to make the condemned suffer before dying. Not all Paladins believe in the death penalty or carry out executions, but the code of conduct does not forbid it.), strive towards honor and decency. This means no resorting to evil means, even if the cause is good. Lying is not unilaterally evil, and neither is the use of stealth or assassination. All of these things can be dishonorable and break the Paladin's code of conduct, but they can also be perfectly acceptable. It all depends on the circumstances. The use of lethal poisons is only acceptable if the greatest care is taken to avoid poisoning anyone other than the target, the poison selected is one that kills as quickly as possible and not one that causes undue suffering, and there is not a better alternative.

Aside from the question edited into your post, the rest is noted.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:22 pm
Laertes Ursus
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Laertes Ursus
It's good.

In this campaign, Paladins, being Neutral Good, cannot get the axiomatic property with divine bond, cast protection from chaos, cast magic circle against chaos, or cast dispel chaos. They can, however, cast comprehend languages, deathwatch, invisibility purge, and tongues (Levels?)to make up for this.

Aside from the question edited into your post, the rest is noted.
These spells are the same level for a Paladin as they are for a Cleric (I got them off the Cleric spell list) (1st level for comprehend languages and deathwatch, 3rd for invisibility purge, and 4th for tongues). I personally think the language spells are something Paladins should have had to start out with. I can think of plenty of situations in which a Paladin would want such magic available.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Hur Oc Marrow Splitter of clan Fenris  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm
Accepted.

Is anyone going to be pissed off if the RP thread isn't up until tomorrow?  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:56 pm
I AM AN ANGRY WAR PIG FULL OF WRATH... AND... PIG!

Yeah, it's cool. >_> You get bonus point if this scoots on past the first encounter.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

This is Gestalt, meaning you get two class progressions. I only see one side. What's your other side?  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm
Seph Baelzara

This is Gestalt, meaning you get two class progressions. I only see one side. What's your other side?
Oh, s**t. I, as GM, should have picked that up. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 pm
Is this all full up? I would really like to participate in this campaign. I have an interesting homebrew race I created that I would LOVE to actually put into action. If I can't use the homebrew class then I'll still play.  

Knightmare Max

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 am
Well since I'm not going to completely cheese it out?

((TROLOL MAGUS+CLERIC FOR EARLY GEOMANCER GFL WITH BALANCING THAT GM!))

I'll prolly just Toss in barbarian.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces