Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D20 Modern] Steel Titans [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:38 pm
User ImageClimbing out of the bus at her earliest opportunity, Bridgitte stretched her limbs and started to survey the landscape a bit. When they were shuffled into the base, she listened to the officers discuss the project and took note of the cat that was going to be flying as a support pilot, wondering exactly what that would entail.

"Just how fast do these 'Guardians' move?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 pm
Madge looks around the facility with interest. No one in her family had mentioned its existence, not even Grandfather. This must be an incredible secret, and she'd been asked to be part of it! How incredibly thrilling.

She looked around with interest, trying not to look too amazed and thrilled, as that would not be proper.  

jennibert

raozspaz

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 pm
"How fast do they move? We do not know just yet. The prototypes were just finished recently and we have only been able to perform safety diagnostics on them. That is all. Though if I were to take a guess, maybe around the same speed as a tank. Though don't take me up on that guess." The man looked around at the group and continued to wait, accepting any other questions.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:15 pm
"So, what are these Guardians anyways?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm
User ImageAs fast as a tank? Oh, man, that sucks. Bridgitte's face shows definite disappointment, but she keeps quiet about it and listens for more information.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:44 pm
Gavin looks around skeptically. He's never been this far into the middle of nowhere, but he's not terribly impressed. For one thing, his black hair would stand out like a sore thumb around here.

He paid only half attention to the conversation and questions around him until he heard the word "tank." Guardians are like tanks? That's kinda cool.... He could probably drive a tank. Couldn't be much less maneuverable than an ambulance, and he could do some pretty interesting things with one of those if need be....  

Dallas Moonrain

raozspaz

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:35 pm
"I thought you would never ask." The man signals them all to follow him and leads them off into another much larger room. The lights remain off for several minutes as he calls into a walkie talkie. As the time continues on, the silence and cold of the room is almost enough to make it an unsettling feeling. Finally, the lights flash on and inside stand a pair of 24 foot tall walkers. The mechanized parts of them partially exposed but only slightly. One of the two massive walkers has a single large gatling style machine gun in its right hand. and a pair of mortar type cannons. One on each of its broadly built shoulders. The second mech has a large rifle with four rods running along its massive barrel and a single large missile pack attached on its right shoulder. Throughout the rest of the hangar stands several more mechs, though only partially completed as well as a single SR-71 Blackbird up on a platform of sorts. "These, are the 'Guardians'. They will be the tool that will change this war." The man looked back at the squad and smiled. "What do you think?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:01 pm
Toby's hand twitched unconciously, wanting nothing more then to be tinkering with the vast and amazing machines. "I don't suppose see their specs or blue-prints?"  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:07 am
He stood there for a moment, silently, before smirking. "You've gone and made something interesting."  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Madge draws in a breath in sheer delight. How incredibly wonderful! A tool such as this can surely change the tide of the war...and make the career of those who command them while they do so. She takes a step forward and will continue to do so until ordered to stop. If allowed, she'll go up to the base of one and simply touch it in wonder.  

jennibert

raozspaz

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 pm
The man laughs a little bit and shakes his head. "I am sorry, but no one will be allowed to see the specs other than the people that are directly working on them." The man notices one of the members moving forward and places his hand in front of them. "Please. Do not pass the red line on the ground. Safety purposes." The man points out a red line that encompasses a large around on the ground.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm
Toby tore his eyes away from the mechs to look to the man with the answers, only slightly glaring. "We are going to be directly working with them, you said yourself. If i am going to operate one of them, i will need to know of it's capabilities."

((i don't suppose there is a skill check i could make by just looking at them, and get my plan bonus by doing so?))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:47 am
Gavin blinks several times look at the towering Guardians. Well, that's totally not what I expected. He'd been picturing some sort of tank, not something out of a science fiction movie. But these worked too.

"How well do they protect the pilot?" he asks. "Or do you even know that yet?" Might as well figure out how tough his job was going to be when he or his teammates inevitably get injured on the battlefield.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm
"Hmm. Well. Let's put it this way. We had a tank driver fire a pair of rounds into its chest and the enhanced armor around the cockpit abosrbed the damage to protect the pilot, though the mech itself took some damage. In other words, the pilot should be just fine as long as we aren't fighting rail gun tech. Which is one of the things Lieraden is currently using in small numbers so be sure to make those priority targets." The commander was being serious. It was plain as day. One precise shot from a Rail Rifle or Cannon could most likely puncture the cockpit's enhanced armor and cause some serious damage. Sure, the weapons were slightly innacurate since they were only in their lowest stage of development, but they were still highly dangerous.

[You can but it would be a Knowledge Physical Sciences check]  

raozspaz

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:50 am
User ImageBridgitte looked over the Guardians with an appraising eye. They certainly didn't look like they'd move anything like fast enough, but maybe she could get a little more out of one than their previous pilots...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff