Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Sun 3.5 - Surviving (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Wrasynth Ksyamen rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm
candy express
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Survival is great and very well may save you, but it wont find you water.

This is mitigated by never leaving the cities. Now my char is obviously made for a more social game. If things happen to take us out into the depths of the desert, 8str just isn't enough to carry enough water and noms, and 8 con isn't enough to last long at all, so I'll die. =

Make friends with Shaqim. He's a mul. He's prolly going to be the best thing for the party. As a psychic warrior in dark sun- well think Jedi. He may even get to a point of not needing to drink or eat anymore. Which is mildly unbalancing in dark sun.

Muls are engineered to be work horses. They eat less, drink less, go further longer harder. They're the perfect slaves, just don't ever mention that to them. They're a bit sensitive about being genetically engineered beasts of burden.

Oh on another note? If you want to get a thief killed? Scream out "Defiler!" Watch the crowd unquestioningly stone him to death on the spot. Not that Shaqim will be this clever crying goofy ethereal jedi wanna be with out the moral care bear ethics.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm
BTW I've proven the gaia dice litterally hate me. Can I not roll important things like hit points? Or at least let you roll my dice in real life? I don't need hard mode harder. crying

*q.q's some moar.*

Seriously though I don't know what's up with the gaian dice having a hate on for me. You could count the amount of decent rolls I've gotten with that thing on the one hand of a bad wood shop teacher.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 pm
You have a cleric of rain with you (or the party will once it's formed)... I can create rain (not quite as good as create water, but close).

And the Gaia dice hate me too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 pm
Jacior: I am giving you express permission to be able to use the Quabone, without penalties cause it's basically a club.

Uh, yea, Wrasynth... give me your HD.

LMC: give me your HD too.

Anyone that wants ME to roll instead of Gaia dice.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:05 am
Raganui Minamoto
Jacior: I am giving you express permission to be able to use the Quabone, without penalties cause it's basically a club.

Cleric 3, so 3d8 for hp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 am
Psychic Warrior first level is eight hp, 2nd level is 1d8.

I am thinking of rolling a back up ranger. He would be a hunter and decidedly less naive or ethereal as Shaqim.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 am
Shaqim The Ethereal

Ok so I made a whole new character with this. I wrote his character back ground in one shot and haven't edited or refined it yet. The premise is slavers take his mother. Use her as mul breeding stock. Her husband whom is also dwarf and who happens to be a psychic warrior reclaims her with furious vengeance. He dispenses slaughter viciously. Later on once he has taken her back home she is with child. She dies giving birth to Shaqim. He fuels all his hopes and dreams of a much larger vengeance into Shaqim and spends all of his time turning Shaqim into a psychic warrior. Eventually him constantly reminding his father of his failure to protect his wife gets to him. He sends Shaqim to Tyr to start fighting with the 'free' people against slavers. Shaqim an naive idealist steps out into Athas like a goofy white boy walking into the hood asking for directions to the nearest hippy commune.

Real learning experience about life starts now. It's prolly where he meets some of the party possibly looking to use him as well but also 'hopefully' protect him from his own naive nature.

Also I haven't kitted him out with a 100 cp of gear yet but I'm going to drop him with 10 days of food and water for a normal person. He doesn't really need a mount as he could prolly serve as one if we found a way to make him a smidgen faster(or a rikshaw). Otherwise some other basic things like camp supplies, good traveling clothes, and then the important stuff like his gear. He'd prolly have cheap hide good for traveling in, then like some heavy armor. I am thinking as he has an Dwarvish Academy it's possible for him to have Drasl Great Sword. It's simply crystaline. It's not iron or steel so it wont bypass damage reduction. It's just going to be harder to break unless the specialized anti crystaline spells or powers give him a shitty day. It prolly would be MW though. If you would like to go with my suggestions for important gear.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:02 am
Little Miss Chloroform
Raganui Minamoto

Cleric 3, so 3d8 for hp.

2D8 your first D8 = 8 as it is maxed. Not that I would be back seat DMing >_> DONT EAT ME I'M FUNNY!  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 am
LMC: 7, 8.

Wrasynth: 6

Wrasynth Equip:

An interesting idea, but I'm going to have to decline the Crystal idea. No offense, but psi-crystal type stuff just isn't working in my mind at the moment. Don't worry, it has given me an interesting idea for later that may come around. As such, the following.

1x Great Macahuitl (uses greatsword feats)
1x Inherited Armor (Use Piecemeal armor rules. Body is a breastplate of bulette hide (breastplate), arms and legs are chitin links (chainmail))

If you don't like the armor, then go with a Medium Gladiator.

Then, misc. I'll look over your misc list and tell you if something isn't going to work.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Little Miss Chloroform
Raganui Minamoto

Cleric 3, so 3d8 for hp.

2D8 your first D8 = 8 as it is maxed. Not that I would be back seat DMing >_> DONT EAT ME I'M FUNNY!

Ah, right.
(Omnomnom)

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 am
Raganui Minamoto

Wrasynth Equip:

An interesting idea, but I'm going to have to decline the Crystal idea. No offense, but psi-crystal type stuff just isn't working in my mind at the moment. Don't worry, it has given me an interesting idea for later that may come around. As such, the following.

1x Inherited Armor (Use Piecemeal armor rules. Body is a breastplate of bulette hide (breastplate), arms and legs are chitin links (chainmail))

Then, misc. I'll look over your misc list and tell you if something isn't going to work.

Actually I looked over the rules. Drasl isn't psionically conductive. I must of been thinking of some other arbitrary material. I should look that material or enhancement up. As that might be important later. I think it's in the eberron book or expanded psionics book. It actually is thri kreen vomit. >_> I'm not kidding, they literally vomit this stuff. I mean if you don't want to? =Llegit, legit. If your concern is game balance? There is none. It holds the same statistics as Iron which as we all know isn't superior. It just doesn't have the ability to bypass /iron DR. I don't think anything actually has /drasl dr.

I wont lie, the big reason why I don't want to use a macahuitl (pronounced mawkwheatlah) is I know what it actually is; an obsidian chain saw. It can actually cut a horses head off. It's a really savage weapon. The problem and it's honestly a whiny quibble, the weapon its self doesn't fit Shaqim. Although fun fact obsidian is actually sharper than steel. The crystalline edge is capable of holding an edge sharper than most surgical scalpals. It also leaves bits of obsidium behind; guaranteeing infection. It is an impressive killing tool used by crazy islanders in real life. I want the goofy drasl blade because it's more psionically themed and a more resolute and civilized tool, at least in Shaqim's eyes. I also picture the degree of maintenance taking away from Shaqim's meditation time. (You have to install new obsidium teeth every time you use it, because it's a wooden shaft, the obsidium teeth doesn't have anything special really keeping it in place.

However that is me being whiny about aesthetics. Which is prolly the wrong setting to be concerned by that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 am
Oh, btw... anybody interested in knowing each other prior to the start of game? I'm a wandering cleric of rain, who appears to be a pointy-earred halfling, who's been bringing rain to those in need.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

candy express

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Raganui Minamoto

Wrasynth Equip:

Actually I looked over the rules. Drasl isn't psionically conductive. I must of been thinking of some other arbitrary material. I should look that material or enhancement up. As that might be important later. I think it's in the eberron book or expanded psionics book. It actually is thri kreen vomit. >_> I'm not kidding, they literally vomit this stuff. I mean if you don't want to? =Llegit, legit. If your concern is game balance? There is none. It holds the same statistics as Iron which as we all know isn't superior. It just doesn't have the ability to bypass /iron DR. I don't think anything actually has /drasl dr.

I wont lie, the big reason why I don't want to use a macahuitl (pronounced mawkwheatlah) is I know what it actually is; an obsidian chain saw. It can actually cut a horses head off. It's a really savage weapon. The problem and it's honestly a whiny quibble, the weapon its self doesn't fit Shaqim. Although fun fact obsidian is actually sharper than steel. The crystalline edge is capable of holding an edge sharper than most surgical scalpals. It also leaves bits of obsidium behind; guaranteeing infection. It is an impressive killing tool used by crazy islanders in real life. I want the goofy drasl blade because it's more psionically themed and a more resolute and civilized tool, at least in Shaqim's eyes. I also picture the degree of maintenance taking away from Shaqim's meditation time. (You have to install new obsidium teeth every time you use it, because it's a wooden shaft, the obsidium teeth doesn't have anything special really keeping it in place.

However that is me being whiny about aesthetics. Which is prolly the wrong setting to be concerned by that.

Why not use the weapon maintenance time as meditation time. You know how Jedi have to meditate to align the crystals in their lightsabers when they make them? Like that, except you have to make one every major combat...

As for party meeting up: I've been in Tyr for a little while now, maybe a few months, and am living in The Warrens (slum) as a dancing girl, sometimes charming people out of a few bits, and occasionally going somewhere with a man and slitting his throat and rifling through his pockets. Not a particularly righteous gal, but we all do what we can to survive. >_>  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:26 am
Little Miss Chloroform
Oh, btw... anybody interested in knowing each other prior to the start of game? I'm a wandering cleric of rain, who appears to be a pointy-earred halfling, who's been bringing rain to those in need.

I'm a pissy former slave elf who values freedom above all and is not above stabbing anyone to maintain is status quo. Also very charismatic!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers