Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

Laelless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 pm
James' ears made a visible twitched, and he turned to the woman who was chattering with the other person. He heard the name, but he wasn't sure. "Excuse me miss. He walked up the the lass and smiled.
"I couldn't help but overhear you, I apologize, but I heard you say something the Count and his bodyguards. Would it be too much to ask of you to elaborate?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 pm
Lad turns his head to look at the other half-elf and grins slightly. "I guess I'll take that as a compliment on my looks," he quips cheerfully. He's slim and pretty enough that this is not the first time he's been mistaken for a girl. "But yes, we were just discussing how we've been hired as bodyguards by Count Drago for his trip on the flying machine. I'll guess from your question that you have been hired as well? We've heard he's down at the docks and are on our way there now." He offers his hand. "Lad Sherlock. And you are?"  

jennibert

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:34 pm
((Yeah, 14 gets you nowhere, but I'm glad you caught onto something to get you there.

And cookies for a s**t ton of post in one day! On a monday to boot!))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:57 pm
jennibert
Lad turns his head to look at the other half-elf and grins slightly. "I guess I'll take that as a compliment on my looks," he quips cheerfully. He's slim and pretty enough that this is not the first time he's been mistaken for a girl. "But yes, we were just discussing how we've been hired as bodyguards by Count Drago for his trip on the flying machine. I'll guess from your question that you have been hired as well? We've heard he's down at the docks and are on our way there now." He offers his hand. "Lad Sherlock. And you are?"

James was stunned at first, but then gave a playful smirk and shook the males hand. Now thats a very beautiful creature. he thought to himself.
"James Taelka Biorr." he also gave a slight bow of his head. "James is my human name, and Taelka is my elven name, so use either you want. But I love it when I am addressed as Tael."
He straitened himself, but kept his grin.
"I am a sorcerer who is suppose to be employed to be one of the said bodyguards. But, and well, this is embarrassing! but I am surely lost in this city, and I would greatly enjoy your assistance and company, if you'd have mine, of course, to Count Draco."  

Laelless

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 am
"You have two names? I don't have two names," responds Lad, a touch of envy in his tone like he feels he's missed out, but that disappears as he continues. "It's nice to meet you, Tael. This place is kind of crazy, and it's not like we were given any direction--I'd still be lost if the good people in this market hadn't helped out. I'm pretty sure that the docks are this way." He gestures the way he'd been proceeding. "And since we'll be working together later, I can't think of anything that makes more sense than to get to know each other on our way there." He grins again. "That's what Ziya and I were just starting to do. Oh, I'm sorry. This is Ziya, by the way. We just met over by a stall that sells meat. Badly spiced meat, so I wouldn't recommend it," he adds in a whisper.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 pm
The sorcerer extended his hand towards the druid and gives his smile again.
"Well met! So, where is this count anyhow? Do we go towards him now, or do we just procrastinate?"
The half-elf grinned as if he liked the latter option, but then again, he was already having trouble finding any information in the first place...  

Laelless

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
User Image"Oh, hey, no worries. That was a really great laugh. Nice to meet you, Cley Pureholm. Are you really pure?" Tehila looks at her slyly, with a crooked grin on her face. Then she bursts into laughter again. "Oh, gods! Sorry, sorry. Just... Oh, I had to see how you'd react to that. Oh, my. I'm being a little bit of a pain.

"So, we'll be working together, huh? Assuming we can find our boss, at least. What sort of boss doesn't actually set up a time and place to meet? Honestly. Well, shall we try the docks? This area seems pretty much empty, and I don't have much interest in messing with the marketplace right now. We could both go around, asking if anyone could help us. A couple of hot babes like us shouldn't have any trouble getting some directions, right?"

User ImageCley blushes furiously at the comment about her purity. Her face screws up in frustration when Tehila starts laughing at her expense again. "That wasn't nice, Tehila. I'm no saint, but I still try to live virtuously. Honestly, I don't even understand what you're going on about." She was having a few misgivings about this one - maybe she wasn't a tiefling but a tempter demon or something... but she didn't detect as evil, so Cley decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was just oddly playful. "I certainly can't speak for Count Drago's capacity to arrange jobs, though. We might as well see if we can find some more information about his location. You're right - a couple of hot babes like us should be more than capable of getting to know what we want."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm
{Will hold off on responding for a bit to give Ziya time to respond if he wants, but Cley's post reminds me that Lad should be detecting evil as well....discreetly, of course....}  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User ImageCley blushes furiously at the comment about her purity. Her face screws up in frustration when Tehila starts laughing at her expense again. "That wasn't nice, Tehila. I'm no saint, but I still try to live virtuously. Honestly, I don't even understand what you're going on about." She was having a few misgivings about this one - maybe she wasn't a tiefling but a tempter demon or something... but she didn't detect as evil, so Cley decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was just oddly playful. "I certainly can't speak for Count Drago's capacity to arrange jobs, though. We might as well see if we can find some more information about his location. You're right - a couple of hot babes like us should be more than capable of getting to know what we want."

User ImageTehila chuckled unintentionally. "I'm just sort of teasing you, Cley-honey. Don't take offense. I mean you're alright, y'know. And you're kinda cute, especially when you blush. Don't mean anything untoward by that, by the way. I bet you've got a lot of guys swooning over you, even if you don't know it. But, hey! Let's stop having me just make this more awkward and instead get over to the docks and find ourselves our boss!" Tehila lighly bounded off in the direction of the docks in the hopes that they might make some progress there...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 pm
jennibert
{Will hold off on responding for a bit to give Ziya time to respond if he wants, but Cley's post reminds me that Lad should be detecting evil as well....discreetly, of course....}

(( Indeed. ))  

Laelless

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm
"It's nice to meet you, too, Tael. I'm fine with a little more procrastination, but I think we were headed for the docks to see if we could find him there. No better place for a ship - air or not - to be than the docks, wouldn't you agree?

"You said you were also one of the bodyguards. I suppose we should all get it out on the table exactly what we can do. If we're working together, it's not a bad idea to have some general ideas. I'm a devotee of nature, and my devotion has granted me several mystical abilities. My particular focus is on bolstering my comrades and animals and beasts that I summon to defend myself. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm
Mastur Sage
The Count turn to his right as another person approached. "I did indeed, and that brings us to a total of two out of seven ...." As they spoke a line of carriages was beginning to roll into view from the far end of the docks.

You'd probably have more than two if you'd given better directions. Justice doesn't speak that thought aloud. Even if her attitude is more amused than anything, it would come off as ruder than she wants to be with a new employer. "Hopefully the others won't be too much longer," she says instead, and then eyes the huge orc who looks far more tricked out for battle than anyone else present. "I take it you're the other one of the two?"  

Dallas Moonrain

Laelless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:07 pm
Emerald the Crow
"It's nice to meet you, too, Tael. I'm fine with a little more procrastination, but I think we were headed for the docks to see if we could find him there. No better place for a ship - air or not - to be than the docks, wouldn't you agree?

"You said you were also one of the bodyguards. I suppose we should all get it out on the table exactly what we can do. If we're working together, it's not a bad idea to have some general ideas. I'm a devotee of nature, and my devotion has granted me several mystical abilities. My particular focus is on bolstering my comrades and animals and beasts that I summon to defend myself. What about you?"

The half-blood grinned. "Indeed, indeed. Well, I am a sorcerer, I like to think myself a quite competent one. I primarily use my magics to strike my opponents dead quick. Apparently, it runs thick in my blood to want to get my enemies out of my way quickly."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 pm
"Well, my early training was largely in combat and diplomacy, with a focus on honor and justice. But my real passion is my arcane abilities," Lad says with a smile. "I'm also a sorcerer"--he nods to Tael--"with a bit of a focus on improving my skills in a fight, though I do have a few offensive spells as well." He pauses a moment, and the bubbly smile that has been on his face for the last several minutes fades.

"But I'll also say this," he continues soberly. "I prefer not to kill an opponent if there's a chance of rehabilitating him instead. I recognize that not every evil-doer has the will to change his ways, but I go to get great lengths to offer that chance rather than death." He shrugs slightly. "Some others I've traveled with have been annoyed by that, so I thought it best to say it up front, as it's a position I have no intention of changing." He pauses again, but then his usual cheerfulness returns.

"Hey, look! It's the airship. I bet there's an entrance to the dock this way. Do you think our other teammates are already there?"  

jennibert

Laelless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:58 pm
"I have no problem with killing my enemies, but nor do I prohibit their survival. But in all honesty, it depends how dangerous. I will not hesitate to kill the second I believe it will be more costly to allow them to live. But, for your sake, good lad, I will try to stay my hand."
He bowed slightly and grinned, the smile reaching up to his eyes, making the violet orbs twinkle.
"And I do believe your right. We should get a move on, eh Ziya?" he asked the druid.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff