Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Adapted D&D 3e/3.5e) The End of Days (Running!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm
Stella Meowris
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Oops, was I supposed to roll stats in the thread? I rolled in a generator doodle thing.

This is my character sheet:
Sonaliisa Talbaka

Yeah, you were. No biggie, everything seems balanced.

What WGP's are you using? We're not using the standard proficiency system.
i'm looking at what you linked in the beginning and she is. When looking to the Pathguy builder, dart is a simple weapon ... but i'm guessing she'll have to drop an exotic weapon.

What I'm thinking is instead of bow, darts. Wouldn't care too much if I had to drop the pistol if it's just not existent in your campaign but the rest of the weapons are chosen to fit in with a character who likes to keep a low profile so carries only concealed weapons or those that can be passed off as part of her performance props. So she wouldn't carry a bow---too hard to conceal and too obviously a weapon---but she carries darts and throwing knives and such for a marksman type act, putting out candles with the whip, surrounding a volunteer with thrown knives, and like that.

Actually, you'd need to drop another weapon if you're going to use the whip, since rogues only get two Weapon-Groups right off the bat (so, you'd probably need to give up the dart and go with flails and chains and exotic weapons) or you could expend a feat to gain proficiency with thrown weapons (which also gives you proficiency in Exotic Thrown Weapons) or even expend two to gain proficiency with thrown weapons AND pistols (which also gives you more exotic (and powerful) pistols. Exotic Weapons adds knowledge of other weapons to your repertoire).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:02 pm
I'd also suggest using a Whip-Dagger, which is essentially the same thing as a whip, but deals 1d6 lethal damage and isn't bothered by natural armor. You could even go a step further by using the Mighty Whip Dagger, which also adds a strength bonus to the weapon.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 pm
I'm hoping I can use a homebrew tweek of the Truenamer =3 I've always loved this class and a level 13 game seems to be a good place to do what I was planning with this guy =D

Rock_DS rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 5, 4, 3, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 6, 5 Total: 77 (20-120)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:09 pm
Come on PUN PUN =D

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
Rock_DS rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 2, 5 Total: 16 (4-24)

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:10 pm
PUN PUN

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 am
No Pun Pun  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 am
I think he's just invoking the name as a good luck charm.

I've got an Eberron War Weaver with a Warforged bodyguard in the works (using one of my previous characters, Rage, as the template for the bodyguard), and will hopefully have Oulviina d'Deneith finished up before long - just have to spend gold and determine weapon group proficiencies.

Question: The Human Paragon class gives a character one free martial weapon Prof and all simple weapons. How would you translate that into Weapon Groups? I'm inclined to go for it being just one more weapon group than the sorcerer, also an "all simples weapons" class, gets, but I figured I'd ask. She's going to be a major buffer with a focus on Transmutation anyway, so weapons won't be her thing, but she may want a decent ranged weapon. Possibly even a gun or something...

The Warforged will be pretty simple, overall. Barbarian/Duskblade/Dragon Disciple...  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
I think he's just invoking the name as a good luck charm.

I've got an Eberron War Weaver with a Warforged bodyguard in the works (using one of my previous characters, Rage, as the template for the bodyguard), and will hopefully have Oulviina d'Deneith finished up before long - just have to spend gold and determine weapon group proficiencies.

Question: The Human Paragon class gives a character one free martial weapon Prof and all simple weapons. How would you translate that into Weapon Groups? I'm inclined to go for it being just one more weapon group than the sorcerer, also an "all simples weapons" class, gets, but I figured I'd ask. She's going to be a major buffer with a focus on Transmutation anyway, so weapons won't be her thing, but she may want a decent ranged weapon. Possibly even a gun or something...

The Warforged will be pretty simple, overall. Barbarian/Duskblade/Dragon Disciple...

Hmm... well, the best I came up with was just giving him an extra WGP. I mean, they're basically used the same way, so it shouldn't be too different from the usual.  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:18 pm
Yea I call out Pun Pun for good rolls =3 I'd never be such a gobbin XD

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:58 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Got a character in the works - I started buying gear assuming 10th level, so I'll have to rework that, but skills and such are just about done. Wanted to see if a "smart" fighter could be viable. Here is my attempt.

I'll need some info on the Sword Sage. Other than that, it's good.  

Slave Xaccheus

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:52 pm
Okay. I've got Oulviina d-Deneith done, more or less (gotta get weapon groups, and flavor text, but stats are finished up). Will get Rage, her warforged cohort, whipped up in the next day or so.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 3, 6, 5, 5, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6 Total: 51 (12-72)
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 pm
Might as well roll stats... First three potentially for my mage...  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 12 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 6, 3, 4, 2, 6, 2, 5, 6, 6, 6 Total: 56 (12-72)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:07 pm
Second three stats.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 10 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 4, 2, 1, 3 Total: 21 (10-40)
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:10 pm
Okay. I'll take those stats. Seriously, two 18s? That's ******** sweet!

Now for HP...  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:10 pm
lots of 1s, but they're d4s, so that's what I'd expect. Now for my two Human Paragon hit dice...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff