Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:45 pm
Anatarei: Its the same general levels and such but the spells are a little different and feats and stats are big time different. Plus I more or less like to see how the same character fits into different parties and if he meshes or not. Its fun and experimental.

Cannon: So me the die roll you used because we are all useing the shitty gaia system and I would much rather roll a character that has three 15s and three 16s. The point is we all used the same roller, and I don't want to be out of line, but would feel cheated because the roller system there isn't the same... and not even monitored as far as we know. If I am missing something please point it out but so far I feel I have a valid point.
Not trying o knock you or make you suck or say you are a cheater I just know as a DM myself I would prefer everyone used the same type of system. (I don't even put rolling in my games for this reason I give straight point buy.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Anatarei: Its the same general levels and such but the spells are a little different and feats and stats are big time different. Plus I more or less like to see how the same character fits into different parties and if he meshes or not. Its fun and experimental.

Cannon: So me the die roll you used because we are all useing the shitty gaia system and I would much rather roll a character that has three 15s and three 16s. The point is we all used the same roller, and I don't want to be out of line, but would feel cheated because the roller system there isn't the same... and not even monitored as far as we know. If I am missing something please point it out but so far I feel I have a valid point.
Not trying o knock you or make you suck or say you are a cheater I just know as a DM myself I would prefer everyone used the same type of system. (I don't even put rolling in my games for this reason I give straight point buy.)

I understand, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Look, it's not like I gave them the abilities of a greater deity. I understand if you think I fudged on the die rolls, and I have no proof to say I didn't, but there's one important fact to consider:

It doesn't really matter when it concerns the game. We're really just two characters who might become a little crazy as the levels get higher, but right now we're balanced enough. As for the die rolling system, here you go.  

Slave Xaccheus

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm
Like I said didn't say you fudged the rolls at all just saying because the same system isn't used and because there is no proof of the rolls its a little cheezy I have a set of dice at home that I get great stat with but if i posted them you would have no choice but to assume the same. In this case I could even get a few guild members to clarify it and send pics if it really came down to it but you would still have no choice but to assume that because its not you seeing it for yourself.

And even if you didn't give them the 'abilities of a greater deity' if I said that I got two 13s, one 10, one 17, one 18 and 12 that would pretty moderate and believable would they not?
But would you allow me to use those stats? Or how about anyone else would they allow me more namely the DM. The point I was making was more to show you that, it might be something people have a problem with.

Besides this wouldn't even had been an issue if you 1. used gaia's system the system and everyone else was using. 2. Asked for approval before using that die roller. 3. at least stated that you had used it so the DM may correct you and ask you not to if necessary.

No action was taken on your part and to me, as long as we are making impressions here, that gives me the impression that you were hoping it was just something that floated under the radar.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:48 pm
The bigger question is:

What's this really going to hurt anyway? So, the druidic avenger has some good stats, and the sorcerer has good stats. Big deal. They still die just as easily as anyone else. I fail to see the issue here, unless we're using some weird house rule where anyone with a stat over 13 is considered a god-mode character.

But, yeah, I was hoping it'd just go under the radar, since again, there's nothing being affected.  

Slave Xaccheus

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm
It hasn't floated,

On behalf of the dm, Glitterboypolit, I pass along the following message.

One, He is sorry to be absent he recently lost a close loved one so he is going to be off line for a few days.

Two, Cannon, he would wish you use Gaia or the point system he approved. It does matter, it is say so and their is no evidence to say to the different. Everyone else, played by the rules and you aren't The difference is the characters in question can survive harder encounters, where the other might die in the cross fire. Hardly fair play. And he would like it if Grevus would post in person. Also please put down the type of Variant you are using, or at least where it is found.

End of message.

This reminds me of a saying I heard once at a Destruction derby.

"I cheated, I know I cheated, That guy got hurt because he didn't cheat."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 pm
Oh right I new I forgot to label that Variant. Will do thank you.

And Cannon its not a matter of 'who's it going hurt' its a matter of whats right and what's fair.

I am going to leave it at this as the DM has made a ruling.

And My condolences to the DM, I am humbly sorrowful for his lost.  

Archfiend Damio

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 pm
He has also gave me the go ahead, to start the game with the people that have their characters up and ready.

He really hates to start a game and leave it midway, or stand in the way of other's happiness. So, I will post the starting post later this morning before I go to sleep (It is 12:00 am here)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:36 pm
If he wants to wait until he is feeling a little more up to it I am sure we will all understand and be more thne happy to wait for him. I know I will.  

Archfiend Damio

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:21 am
He will probably like that more, too. In that case I will go back to walking around like a fool. Peace all.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 am
Yea I'm more than willing to wait.

My condolances. It's hard losing a loved one.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

gamingguru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:32 am
Auhauha  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 am
Why not just roll them now to have them just to be sure? Saves sorting it out later

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items