Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:22 pm
Tristen was a bit silent, didn't really get the chance to object, honestly, but he wasn't going to complain, he was a bit hungry. He'd follow Sub out the door, taking note to the Bisharp eyeing him on the way out. He wouldn't think too much of it; Sub pretty much assured that's just Allen being who and what he is.

As Tristen followed the Snagem leader, making their way to the main room to find their way into the kitchen, Tristen took note to newer residents of the headquarters, some of which...apparently had seen better days. "Uh, Sub, were...you expecting company?" the Manetric hybrid asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:57 pm
"Judging by the way Cake is talking, they seem more like new recruits," Absinthe piped up, still watching Wren and my fight on one of the televisions in the lobby. William, however, seems to have left the lobby for the time being.

"I mean, maybe," Keiko said to both Tristen and Abby as she pulled an ancient SNAG out of her purse and handed it to Clair. "We got attacked by some weird Pokemon I've never seen before so I intend to give them some time to rest before asking whether they've decided anything. They may not even want to join," Keiko pointed out. She was about to turn back to face the newcomers, but something caught her eye. "Wait... are you watching Terashi fight in the tournament?"

"His and Wren's, yeah. Figured you'd want to keep watching it when you took care of whatever quest GRAY put you on. They've been getting dominated, though. They got hit with a Confuse Ray at the start of the match and their first two Pokemon couldn't handle it. Terashi's second pick just crushed the enemy Delcatty, though. It was honestly kinda brutal," Absinthe explained, clearly more interested in the match than she let on.

Keiko stood up, wanting to watch the match, but she remembered Monique's question and stopped herself. "Oh, yeah, there's one in the kitchen. Come on, I'll show you.. It's right next door," Keiko offered.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:15 pm
Monique, hearing Keiko's words, drew her attention from whatever battle on TV had attracted the gaze of several others when she heard there was a calendar in the kitchen.

She walked over, noting how well-kept everything was. This certainly wasn't like anywhere even in Flower City, she thought.

Pinned to a bulletin board in the kitchen was a flip-through calendar. A tropical island was the featured image of the month, while below were the days and the weeks and—

JANUARY 2022

It was said so matter-of-factly, as if no one would have expected it to read different. But Monique was expecting to see 2071. Weeks ago, she'd been talking to someone about if Flower City was going to run synthetic fireworks again (since real ones could shatter the dome).

Her jaw dropped at the thought. 49 years in the past. Had time...rewound itself? What did that mean? Why couldn't she recall how she got here?

She reviewed the image. It was a low-shot aerial of a tropical rock somewhere; lush, forested, with urban development in places along the coast. There was a description in the corner.

This time of year is among the busiest for Alola's Melemele Island, one of the foremost tourist destinations in the tropics.

All she could do was stare. She knew Melemele as, like the rest of the world, an uninhabitable hunk of overdeveloped condo buildings and industry with little sign of nature and many signs of Guzzlord.

Monique mustered up the courage to flip through the calendar. There were photos of places that, by her time in her world, were little more than markers on the rock of history: Jubilife, Saffron, Wyndon, Couriway.

She'd suspected it. But what did it mean? All she could do was stare and ponder.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:28 pm
Reno would have been keeping up with the new recruits, content to let them sort themselves out in front of him and let him take notes on what was going on. So far he had a strange girl linked to Snagem past in some capacity and another who seemed to intently interested in the date. And all of this after some strange entity ripped its way back and forth through spacetime like it was a door. He may have been called stupid a number of times by everyone here....mostly because he did a lot of impulsive things, but he could draw enough lines here to figure some things out. "So...I'm guessing both of you either remember or will remember a very different place and time than we're currently at." Turning his focus from the general group to Monique in specific, he continued. "And based off your reaction to ask for a calendar, you recognized a place or date mentioned in passing enough to figure this out, so I'm guessing you remember your when and that when is in the future. Dare I ask what its like?" He probed, making sure to keep his question with enough wiggle room to let the woman decline if she desired. No need to push if she didn't want to speak about it.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm
Monique spotted Reno walking in the room after a moment and heard his question.

"Well, I'd be happy to explain things. More than happy." She sat down in a chair, realizing after a moment she needed to use the tail hole, and started.

"My name is Monique Ka'ana'ana. My last name means 'black magic', but I'm not evil.

Where I come from appears to be nearly 50 years in the future from here. Unfortunately, much went wrong as the world developed. Before long, and before my time, pollution made much of the world uninhabitable and lured these massive beasts that thrived on it.

On one of the islands in Alola, which in days gone by was called Poni Island, the Aether Foundation erected the last bastion of civilization: a massive dome that covered the island and sheltered it from the pollutants outside, reflecting sunlight but sealing out the air. They had their own walled city they ruled, and then there were areas outside of it they barely bothered to touch.

I was the sheriff of a place called New Po Town, which was the most developed part of the wastelands outside their city. I kind of doubt it exists here. Little more than a main street of rubble-block buildings with some kinda rough characters. My life was normal, or what passes for normal in a world well past its prime. And then... I have no idea why, I can't remember... I woke up here, half-Zoroark."

Monique was trying how to describe what she looked like before recent events and instead managed to trigger a full-on illusion: herself, before the jump, dark skin, long hair, black dress and all. It startled her. "Wait what?" It took her a minute to figure out what exactly had happened, that the Pokémon side of her had kicked in.

"As you can tell, I'm new to not being entirely human and don't have much of a clue of how to control that side of me. Anyway, my Marowak made the jump with me, but I haven't seen my Oricorio or my pet Komala here, so I suppose they must be back there and wondering where I am." She nervously turned her head and looked at the others; with the illusion, she felt exactly how her old and new body differed. "It was weird being able to straight up talk to my own Pokémon and hear her back."

The illusion faded, her power too raw to keep it going. "My own life is a mystery now. Why am I here? Is there a reason?" She looked at Reno, nervous for her own future. "And what am I going to do to support myself now that I'm so far from home?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:45 pm
Keiko wasn't sure how to help Monique as she panicked over the calendar, but as she calmed down and explained what her deal was to Reno, some of it gave Keiko ideas about how to respond. She kept quiet about New Po Town, however, but she couldn't help but think that, judging by Monique's description of it, Old Po Town wasn't much better.

"It's going to be rough, at first, but you'll get used to it as time goes on. I didn't get a choice when I was hybridized, so I kind of feel where you're coming from on that. Not so much the time travelling, though. That said, unless someone a bit higher up in the hierarchy up here says otherwise, you're welcome to stay here for a while. I'm sure Sub could find some work for you. He pays in gold."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:23 pm
Reno would look at the nervous hybrid, doing his best not to draw any comparisons to the other small hybrid he had drafted into Snagem. Nope. No emotional vulnerability there. Thankfully, before he finally broke and immediately got this new addition into everything, Keiko spoke up to extend the offer herself. Don't look gift horse in mouth. "Well, I see nothing wrong with it. Stay here as long as you like until you either find some other place for yourself or a way back to your home if you want." Reno said, tapping a small holographic display that popped out of his arm. "We'll get GRAY to set you up with things and hopefully you can get used to the new hybrid thing. Which, if its anything like artificial limbs....may take a minute." Knocking on his robotic left arm and right leg would hopefully help emphasis his point on this one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:03 pm
It was yet another day and one of relative silence and boredom. I suppose it was better than being six feet under. Injuries were coming along fine, though I still needed to get my whole power distribution worked out though. Doc, though, actually had a thought about that...something that harkens me all the way back when Snagem first was getting together and I was learning how to further my skills in using my various hybrid abilities. I would find myself outside the headquarters, albeit accompanied by Orderly, and me sitting in a wheel chair. I was parked at the cavern entrance to basically take in the scenery and take in the freezing cold winter air of Mt. Silver. Though while the theory behind Doc's thoughts I think were sound, I think more so than that he was just trying to get me out of the med lab for at least a few hours.

Freth would find her way outside, seeing Orderly near by. "So how are you feeling?"

"I suppose better; still got a bit of a ways to go, though." I said. "What about with you? Staying busy?"

"Oh you know. Just doing whatever. I just left Tristen doing his homework; the trip and all that kind of got him behind somewhat. Nothing he can't handle." Freth said.

"That's good." I said. "...he...hadn't even came into the med lab at all since he got back. I'd figure he'd be coming to see me. Is he really still sore at me for the tournament?"

"I honestly don't know." Freth said. "He did seem like he did have a lot on his mind though; he didn't come off angry. Just...really distracted."

"Huh. Wonder what's going on. Though that's just one mystery I'll solve when I can. For now, while I'm staring at a winter scene for who knows how long, I'm left to wonder how in the world can a Machamp actually stand out here like he is." I said, looking towards Orderly. The Machamp was wearing his usual medical scrub shirt, but only this time with a scarf around his neck. Otherwise, nothing else other than what a Machamp would have. No sleeves on his four arms or pants on his legs to combat the cold. "Seriously, that scarf can't possibly do anything."

"Maachaa maachaamp." Orderly spoke up.

"Made of sterner stuff...right." I said rolling my eyes and nearly sunk into the wheelchair seat. It was silent for a moment, up until I started to notice Freth starting to fidget a bit. "...what's wrong with you?"

"...I...I don't know." Freth said, really confused herself. It took her at least a minute before she realized the issue. "Huh...this..." She stretched her wings out a bit before bringing them back to herself, then dry washed her hands for roughly two seconds. "...I...think I am cold." Freth said, a bit astonished that actually came out of her mouth.

"Cold? Are you serious? With just this out here?" I asked.

"I don't know, its strange." Freth said, starting to actually zip up her jacket. "I haven't felt anything like that since before I became a hybrid." Freth said.

"Yeeaah...it'd take nothing short of say...a Regice to make you flinch. Not...just standing out here. Though, now that you bring up strange things...Freth, are you feeling alright otherwise?"

"Yea, I'm fine, why?" Freth said.

"Your pressure feels off." I said.

"Off? How?"

"I don't know how to describe it. Its like, its fluctuating somehow. To one feeling to something else." I said. "Its weird." Freth ended up scratching at her wrist a bit, the itch making itself known again for a second before putting her hands in her jacket pockets. The instinctive itch to scratch, though, didn't really get her attention, she started for some reason to think back to the dream she had only a short while ago. One that she has yet to forget, somehow. "What?" I then asked, noting her spacing out.

"Oh, nothing. I was just trying to figure out what would be causing this." I said.

"Machaamaachaamp." Orderly spoke up.

"But I feel fine otherwise. Is it really worth going to Doc?"

"Freth." I said, with a look of concern.

She would sigh. "Fine, I'll go in for a check up or something. Its probably nothing, though."

"If you just getting a cold chill was all there is, I'd be agreeing with you. Not that with a weird feel about you. It doesn't feel right at all. Just...put my mind at ease, will you?" I asked. "I already got enough to worry about as is."

"Fine, fine. Yea, whatever, I'll go." Freth said, a bit frustratingly.

"Thank you." I would sincerely reply. The Articuno female would find her way back into the headquarters and started to make her way off for the med lab.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:58 pm
Another anomaly, similar to what happened back in Galar, this time right on their own doorstep in the Mt. Silver area. It alarmed Sub greatly to see this happen so close to their home, something he understood little about. While he was already having GRAY perform his own research the man needed to find the one person that could give him more details about these 'wormholes' than anyone else that he knew of; Sundaria, Crystal. Where did that galactic kitty go?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm
Freth would make her way into the med lab. "Doc? You in here?"

Doc, having a cup a coffee at his desk as he oversaw his various papers and notes, looked up towards Freth. "Freth, Blizzard is outside if you came here to see him."

"I've already seen him. I'm..." Freth sighed a bit frustrated again. "I guess I'm here for a impromptu check up. Orderly recommended it and Blizzard was...well..."

"Blizzard and overly concerned...though..." Doc spoke up, he started to realize why she was brought in here. "Your pressure is-"

"Weird, I know. Blizzard brought it up. And only shortly after I mentioned I was getting cold outside." Freth said.

"...really?" Doc headtilted. "Still feeling cold by chance?"

"Not really now that I am inside." She mentioned.

The various gears in Doc's mind started to turn, starting to go through the various things in his studies, experience, and so on. "...hmm...see me in the back, I'll be there in a moment."

"...is it really something?" Freth asked.

"It could be any number of things, usually nothing major at all. But we'll just going to make sure." Doc said. Freth rolled her eyes and did what she was told. She made her way to one of the back rooms, and sat down for the moment, waiting for Doc Owl to make his way in. Doc would find his way down to Freth, going to a counter to pull out a digital forehead thermometer. He made his way over to Freth and started to take her temp. It only took a few seconds until the device made a loud beep. Doc observed the temperature...which gave him pause. Doc had to adjust his glasses. "Did I not...?" Doc reset the device and tried again. Once again, another beep, then he looked at the device, nearly double taking.

"What?"

"Being reminded the old fashioned ways still work, hold on." Doc said, going to a cabinet, pulling out a mercury thermometer. "Ahh." She opened her beak and took in the thermometer. Doc would wait for a moment before taking it back from Freth. He stared at the thermometer and once again stared in disbelief.

"...okay, so something is wrong." Freth said.

"...Um...you...apparently have a fever." Doc said.

"A fever? I feel fine, though." Freth said.

"If you were any other species of hybrid, or at the very least, certain other species of ice type, say...Mamoswine for example, I'd believe you. Unfortunately, you are not and technically, should be dying or dead right now. Your approximately twenty degrees warmer than you should be."

Freth nearly went wide eyed. "You're screwing with me."

"I am not." Doc bluntly stated. "Hold out your hand and charge an ice beam for me."

Freth would do what she asked and at first, it seemed she was charging an Ice beam without a hitch...until the charge started to look unstable, flicker, then dissipated in her hand. Freth concentrated a bit harder, managing to get another beam charge, but that too was still relatively unstable and it started to look Freth was putting in far too much effort just to keep that. Though a few seconds later, her Ice Beam flickered out once again. "The hell?" she'd ask.

"...peculiar, indeed. I'm going to need you to stay here." Doc said.

Freth would stare stunned at the developments that was transpired. Apparently this doctor visit was apparently a bit more eventful than she cared for.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm
Monique nodded at Reno, noticing his artificial limbs. This place is a bag of misfits, she chuckled to herself. I'll probably fit in.

"That's good; I'd be more than happy to tag along. I come with useful skills, but I need to learn the waves. What's this GRAY you speak of?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 pm
Clare had decided to get back up again as quickly as Monique had gone to the kitchen. They weren't entirely sure what the other hybrid's problem was but something was certainly off from how she seemed to remember the two, wherever they had come from. When Monique provided what she could recall of their apparently shared point of origin before this world, Clare cocked their head to the side a bit. No matter how hard their tried, they couldn't seem to remember anything about that world.

"If you remember me from your world... I wasn't from there, originally." Was all they could reply with at the moment. "I seem to have a few scattered memories but it feels like they're just out of reach. The only thing I recall of where I'm from is a city shrouded in darkness and a lot of artificial light." They spoke up, looking down at their own glassy form. "Honestly... I don't even remember if I was born this way or if something changed me, somehow." It was a hard pill to swallow and a few tears began to form in the corners of their eyes. It seemed the shock of waking up in this world was slowly beginning to wear off and the emotional toll was starting to set in.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:28 am
"That would be me. You can hold your applause." the artificial intelligence spoke up.

"Don't you start," Keiko insisted, She used to be lenient with GRAY's antics in the past, but as time has gone on, she's realized that sometimes GRAY is just obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious. Or at least, it can seem that way.

"Sorry," Keiko said, focusing back on Monique and Claire. "He can be downright mean sometimes, but he's usually quick to help when he's needed. GRAY is an artificial intelligence that maintains HQ and helps us on missions, usually through intel. He's also the source of the team's... well, the closest thing I can think of to call it would be something like a transportation system. He manages a Claydol that can Teleport you just about anywhere, and that' s usually how we get to missions," the Lopunny hybrid explained to Monique, though it didn't take her long after that to notice that Claire's emotions were starting to get the better of her. Concerned, Keiko walked up to Claire and offered her a hug. "I wish we could help you find your home world, but we don't really have the tech needed to leave this one. The best we can do is offer you a place to stay and be comfortable while trying to get used to this one,"

"Why am I not surprised that someone that wasn't even born in a proper region wouldn't know that there have been many outings into space in recent history," GRAY chimed in, as if intentionally picking on Keiko.

The Lopunny hybrid didn't take this as gracefully as one might think she would considering her usual demeanor. "Okay, I was RAISED south of Tohjo Falls. Not even I know where I was BORN. On top of that, OF COURSE I know about the launch sites in Hoenn and a couple other regions, and there's no way that technology can get us out of the solar system, much less to a parallel universe. Now, stop trying to start arguments for the sake of factual correctness, or even better, learn to read the darn room!"

"As opposed to any other room here? What about the library room? That's one of the few rooms here that actually has reading material," GRAY mused, seeming to be actually toying with Keiko at this point.

Keiko wasn't having it though, and wisps of Frustration were starting to emit from her body. "Shut it, you screaming canister!" she roared.

"I'll thank you to leave my body out of this," GRAY replied, almost sounding satisfied. Keiko only growled at this, as she had remembered the people standing beside her and was trying to calm down.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 pm
Sundaria had closed her eyes and stayed outside, sighing and thinking things over until she got a tap on her shoulder. “Hm? Oh, Demon Wing. Hey, sorry.” She rubbed the snout of the Charizard after turning around, giving a small smile. “I got lost in thought again. It… happens more often now than w- I’d like. Though, a lot more time’s passed for myself than everyone else here.” He gave her a snort and a small narrowing of the eyes as a response, to which she sighed. “Yeah, yeah, I owe all of you an explanation.” She’d finish up with the rubbing of his snout before giving a gentle scratch behind his horns, doing her best to not go too hard. How many things had she broken or cut again with those golden nails before getting used to their new hardness? She couldn’t remember. Too many, probably. The hybrid shook her head, trying to rid herself of the random thought. “Should probably go inside for that, though, at least get out Apolla and Kairos. And Donne. Light, I…” Another shake of her head, much stronger this time. “At least I’m not having to live through it for a third time. Just explain it. Light blind me and burn me alive if I have to replay that for a third time,” she muttered, ears laying flat against her head. With a deep breath, she tried to calm herself, looking back once more at where the rend in reality’s fabric was before turning to her Charizard once again. “Shall we, Demon Wing,” Crystal would ask of her old friend, the two heading back to HQ.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

DeoLux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:25 pm
Throughout all this, Deo went to his room to freshen up, get a new set of clothes on, and proceeded downstairs to see some oddly newer faces there. He made sure he was well prepared for introducing himself. Finding the common room, he found a nice chair and sat down in it. Seeing that other people were talking, he waited his turn to speak for the sake of being polite and respectful.

Gregory on the other hand was given some rations and money where after thanking them, he proceeded to the highway and went to the direction of the nearest town, seeking out a job within the scientific field of studying.

Meanwhile, at the base, Deo reclines only a little and is stopped by the sweet smell of Brian's poffins. While he perks up and stands up a little bit. His eyes widen as he spots the poffins that Brian just made and he takes one. The sweet goodness of the confectionary to hit the taste buds, and slides down the throat to quench the guzzlord of a hunger that deo is cursed with. He then smiles and looks around the Kitchen seeing some new people. He sits down to be more friendly and says "Hi there!"  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games