Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:48 pm
"Yeah," I sighed, helping the fearless leader to his feet. Common logic dictated that I should be putting him back in bed until he's feeling better, but I couldn't resist the temptation of entering a Unovan tournament. Definitely sounded more exciting than going to Galar like Reno seemed to want me to.

When we got to his office, I opened the door for him. "Don't worry, I'm helping him," I insisted to his Bisharp so that there'd be no misunderstanding between me and him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:57 pm
Allan would scowl at Terashi for awhile before Sub rose his head and gave the Bisharp a little wave, the Steel type replying by standing up straight and saluting his trainer with pride.

"Thanks, Terashi." He told the Channeler before letting go of him, propping himself on the desk as he walked around it and sat down in his chair. "Ah...alright, let's see what this is about..." Picking up the receiver he entered the phone number given in the email and held the phone up to his ear, awaiting for someone to answer.

[A ten minute conversation later with absolutely no indication of what was being said.]

"Well that was interesting." Sub said as he put the receiver down. "Oh, you want to know, huh?" He grinned. "Apparently in the aftermath of the war Flare and Cipher subjected the world to the governments of the various regions came together and devised an idea to reunite the world in harmony and move past their differences; a Pokemon tournament. They are calling it the World Champion Cup, the winner of said tournament being declare World Champion and assume the role of a sort of global diplomat to rally the regions around, a sort of symbol of this newfound unity. Blah blah optics, you know."

With that said he leaned back in his chair, apparently getting his strength back little by little. "Everyone has to enter in teams apparently and only those with a sponsor can enter. We'll have to go over that a little more later when they send me the rest of the info. Now the part you won't like. You've heard of Galar recently, right? Well they are just now opening themselves fully to tourism and migration and in the spirit of this and Unova and Galar settling their centuries long disagreements the tournament will take place in Galar. If we wish to sign up they want us to be part of the delegation that leaves from Castelia City on the Royal Unova. You know, again, a whole optics campaign. This would be the first time in generations a ship has sailed directly from Unova to Galar."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:10 pm
I couldn't help but cringe at the mention of the offered tournament taking place in Galar of all places. "I guess there's no avoiding that place after all," I muttered. That said, I wasn't completely deterred from wanting to take part. I didn't think I had what it would probably take to win if ALL of Snagem got involved, nor was I particularly interested in playing ambassador for all the regions with Pokemon League involvement. That said, it was still a tournament, and I couldn't resist the urge to test my strength there, even if it meant going to Arceus-cursed Galar to do it. "Might as well own up to it," I added, trying my best to hide my disgust, although it was probably too late at this point.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:11 pm
Lykas shook his head silently as Varuna neared the end of his spiel. "I can't imagine immortality as something desirable in the first place." The hybrid replied with a sigh. "All life must come to an end, eventually. Like the tides of the sea, life ebbs and flows." He looked up toward the upper floors where he knew his friends were. "Nothing is meant to last forever and no one should be allowed to. We all tend to become stuck in our ways as time goes on but life, real and true life, is ever changing and constantly evolves around us."

Pausing for a moment, he considered the rest of Varuna's words. "I imagine much of your ambition lies in our lost culture, yours and mine. But what of Ryan? " He asked calmly. "You've had us collecting ancient relics tied to our people but what about him? Have you ever intended to have anything to do with the Kreek?" He knew the answer. A resounding "No", he was sure. Varuna couldn't care about them if he was truly Gyaan. He'd spent so much time blaming them for their peoples' erasure from the waters of this world.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:50 am
Ulla listening in on her adoptive father's and Sub's conversation. The child never entered in any gym battles as she came straight to Snagem to get Riolu cured from the shadow virus. She had her Comfey resting in her arms as the Pokemon felt their trainer's emotions clear as day. Very much interested, but also a little scared. Leon was passing through as he noticed his sister listening in on Ter's and Sub's conversation. Even though coming in late to the conversation, he was able to get the gist of what was happening.

That's when the Poison Channeler gave his sister a slight push which made her enter the room. "Why don't you have Ulla join as well?" Leon said at the foot of the door. Ulla's face turned red as she looked back at her brother. "W-What?! I-I can't. I still have my training to do with the Fairy Realm. And my goal right now is to purify the Soul Heart so Magearna can finally wake up." She said in a rush as she looked at Ter and Sub. "B-Besides, I'm sure I would lose if all the other adults and you big brother were to join." The child said a bit nervous.

Leon merely sighed as he patted her head. "Even if you lose, it will be fine. To be honest, you've been getting pretty soft when it comes to battling. You've never faced any of the kahunas back home, maybe this tournament will be good for you. Get a taste what every trainer your age wants to do. Become a Champion."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm
"Much as I may not appreciate the location of the tournament, I'm with Leon on this. Win or lose, battling is fun, and regardless of how far you get, it'd definitely be a good experience for you if you take it seriously,' I offered. The thought of fighting my adopted daughter in a tournament wasn't the most enticing, and I'd hate to be the one to knock her out of the running, but I still felt like if she went, she'd at least enjoy herself.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Sub smiled a bit in response to Terashi resigning himself to actually visiting Galar. The man was weak physically and mentally exhausted but even that didn't stop the little devil of his shoulder from prodding him into a grin. "Hey, think of it this way. You've collected how many badges in Unova? You won't just be known as a Snagem but a competitor on the Unova gym circuit as well. Might be your chance to win glory for Unova on Galar's own home turf. Win one for the boys back home, so to speak." He pointed out to Terashi, that was when the siblings entered.

"That's...actually a good idea." Sub responded to Leon's idea that Ulla entered the cup. "I mean, sure one of us winning the entire thing would be a tremendous boon for Snagem but we have to think like the other regions are; win or lose this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to reap major publicity. We're going to need to captivate the world and show them we our a serious force and not just some rough thugs. Just imagine, little sweet Ulla on the battlefield, curb stomping grown adults that have had decades of more experience. People will flock to use to join to gain the same skills. " He said, his eyes lighting up. He was really enjoying this idea.

-----

"What of him?" Varuna said, finally opening his eyes. "Did either of you think he was an actual descendant of the Kreek? They are all gone, unfortunately." The hybrid strangely declared. He would not explain further on why it was 'unfortunate' they were gone. "He's a talented Water Channeler yes, but that's as far as he goes. I thought maybe there was something else about him, the one I was looking for but alas he only confirmed for me the Kreek were truly gone. The relics were just a means to test my centuries long hypothesis. Does that mean I used him? Maybe. But did I not lead him to power himself? Taught him how to harness his own latent abilities? I may have deceived him but I like to think he received more than enough from our meetings. He is an excellent ally, and some day opponent, for you."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:46 pm
For a second, I thought of what it would look like for a mercenary force like us to have children in our employ and what that would look like to the rest of the world. Then I remembered that every region lets children go on their journeys at the age of ten - one year younger than Ulla was - so it didn't really matter.

"That said, we'll have to be ready to face some young ones ourselves. It isn't really fair to assume that adults are the only ones that can train their Pokemon to the level needed to compete on a global scale. To be completely fair, there's really no telling what we'll face out there. Come to think of it, though, did they mention a limit to the number of trainers that can compete for a given region or organization?" I asked, assuming we weren't the only non-region entity invited, though I couldn't think of any other than ourselves that might be in good enough terms with the rest of the known Pokemon-battling world to be invited to such a prestigious event.

And yes, the thought of winning glory for Unova did entice, but I didn't speak on it in the moment.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 pm
Lykas let out a small sigh. "Ya, you did use him. You hurt him. He's struggling to trust people anymore because of you, largely." The Jellicent hybrid retorted. "All because you couldn't let go of the past for whatever reason." When it was brought up that Ryan would make an excellent opponent to him, he shook his head. "He is no opponent. Perhaps a rival but certainly not an opponent. Not one I would fight by any degree of choice, at least."

He would cross his legs and seat himself on the floor outside Varuna's cell at this point, watching the hybrid for a moment. "If you believe him to be an opponent to me, though, then you must be aware of what the woman who claims to be by mother has told me. And by extension, you have been using me for all this time as well. To what end? What do you hope to achieve by using us?" Lilac eyes were well trained upon Varuna's move.e its, watching for any sign the man may be making an attempt to escape.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 pm
"B-But...won't people find it odd that a child is in a mercenary group?" "Ulla. People already know of your existence because of Snagem and Ein. So, I don't think that is no longer a shocker." Ulla looked at her Comfey who cheered happily. "What about Magearna and the Fairy Realm?" "That can wait. Besides, the Fairy Realm isn't open yet is it?" Ulla shook her head.

Leon shuffled her hair more. "Then perfect. This would be a great opportunity for you." He then looked at Sub with a disgusting face. "What?" "Don't you even dare on signing my lazy self into this competition of yours. I don't need that kind of stress in my life."  

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 pm
I gave Leon an odd look as he insisted on his own laziness. "Personally, I think it would be a good experience for you, as well." I then shrugged and dropped the look. "But, if you feel that you're not up to the challenge, then that's perfectly understandable."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm
"Actually..." Sub began to say to Leon. The sound of a Murkrow crowing echoed out through his PC's speakers. "Huh, I just got another email and you might just serve a different purpose." He said with a grin as he read over the email on the screen. "So, it looks here that the cup will be set up in three stages, the first two serving to whittle down the competition. Again, in the spirit of unity and working together, all entrants will sign up as teams. Each region will have a team representing them and teams of special merit, like us, will be entering as well." He began to explain.

"The first stage will involve all the teams being transported to some place in Galar called the Wild Area, a large open untamed wilderness in the middle of the region far from civilization. The goal here is for the various teams to work with their teammates to gather something called Wishing Pieces that are found through out the Wild Area and when enough are gathered to form something called a Wishing Star the team can send one of their teammates out of the Wild Area with the star to compete in the second round. More stars can be completed to send more of their teammates out. They make note that teams should diversify their roles and expertise since we will not be allowed to bring healing items or anything of the sort with us and must survive in the Wild Area for as long as we can to send as many of our more battle inclined comrades onto the next stage." He said, then turning his attention to the others to see their responses to the first stage.

(Please don't have your characters already know about everything involving Galar. Some is fine but it's intended for the next arc to be something totally new for Snagem.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:19 pm
I thought on the first stage of the competition. It was certainly an interesting and unique way of handling things. I wasn't keen on exploring the region, but if it was part of the tournament, then what choice did I have. "So moves like Heal Pulse will be invaluable. It's also safe to say that teams will be fighting over locations where these Wishing Pieces appear, so we'll have to protect ourselves from more than just the local wildlife."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 pm
Reno would come sprinting into the room, skidding to a stop in front of Terashi and Sub as his mad scramble came to a sudden end. Taking a few quick breaths to try and attempt to regain some semblance of composure, Reno would point a finger at Terashi. "You.....will....compete....over my.....dead body....without me. I'll take you on......and show you exactly....why you shouldn't be so high and mighty about Unova." Reno huffed out, his disheveled hair and clothing in mild disarray doing their level best to just undercut everything about this moment. "I'm making sure we get two Wishing Stars. So we can both go in and I can beat you senseless."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 pm
"Challenge accepted," I said simply, a bit curious as to why he was worn out. The whole using only the Pokemon I catch in the region that I offered with the idea of running the Galar Gym Circuit won't apply for the tournament, though. I'm coming at you with everything I've got."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games