Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:05 pm
Now to figure out what to do in free time....no poke balls=no catching Pokemon
No clue if we can battle
Not....really sure what we can do during free time....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:40 pm
Xaven the Raven
Sorry for the absence. My father was in a motorcycle accident, and I have been juggling between school, work and the hospital. I promise I am back now, and will never leave you again.

Great to see you again! ^-^  

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:07 pm
Hope the kind
No clue if we can battle

I guess it's pretty much a time for characters to be able to hang out with one another. Eventually, I bet we'll have more to do during our free time later. Plus, I imagine that clubs will at somepoint fill that void.

On that note, if you like, Alana and Ichiro could hang out if you're looking for something to do until Friday. :3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm
Hello everyone,

We have finally finished our classes for the day so please enjoy your free time.

I encourage everyone to branch out and RP with as many people as you can since -to me- that is the most important part of an RP; RPing with others and creating a story together.

Even though many weeks have passed in real life, it has only been day two for everyone in Ordell Academy. Things are definitely a bit slow at the moment since the only activity available to the students is to just explore the campus or the city.

I'd like to ask everyone to be patient. You might have noticed already, but this guild is different from our Pokemon school guilds. Things are introduced over time and there is a process for everything.

So long as you stick with us I can promise you that you will be rewarded with a rich Roleplaying experience 3nodding

Now I have some announcements to make:

1) There are no pokemon encounters at the moment. The weather report will let you know when pokemon have been sighted, but since it is currently empty there are no pokemon that have been seen.

2) Students from Battle Class are allowed to have Pokemon Battles today, but only the students who were present in class and they can only have Pokemon Battles against other students who were also part of Battle Class. The reason for this is because those students have watched the Battle Tutorial and therefore have somewhat of an idea about battles. To non-Battle Class students do not worry, you will be able to have pokemon battles after the first time skip (this is not a final decision, it might change).

3) If you do decide to have a pokemon battle then you must quote me -Shadow of Miracles- before you begin your battle so that I am aware of the battle happening.

4) Clubs will be coming very soon 3nodding we -the crew- already have ideas about how clubs will be introduced and I will be working on the official rules/guide for Clubs ^^

That's all everyone =D and to Raven, we're glad to have you back with us and I hope that everything is okay.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm
Hitsukei
Hope the kind
No clue if we can battle

I guess it's pretty much a time for characters to be able to hang out with one another. Eventually, I bet we'll have more to do during our free time later. Plus, I imagine that clubs will at somepoint fill that void.

On that note, if you like, Alana and Ichiro could hang out if you're looking for something to do until Friday. :3

Hmmmmm....I suppose so. I guess something will eventually fill that void later on in the RP.
That would be delightful :3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:22 pm
Hope the kind
Hitsukei
Hope the kind
No clue if we can battle

Hmmmmm....I suppose so. I guess something will eventually fill that void later on in the RP.
That would be delightful :3

That's what I believe.
Awesome.^^ I'll get working on a post then :3

@Shadow of Miracles: Thank you very much for the update. It's good to know that the rules for clubs is curently being deliberated by the crew. As you stated, it will be awesome once clubs are introduced into the rp, among the rest of the things that shall be introduced over time.

As always, I look forward to whatever plans you have for us. :3

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 pm
Hitsukei
I really hope the ability to create after school clubs will still be a thing in the near future. I don't know about anyone else, but I really look forward to this idea.

If given the ability to create and submit our own club ideas for evaluation, I think I'd be tempted to put forth the suggestion of either a Drama club or an Occult club. I'd also be tempted to do something sports related, like Baseball, since it's be neat to have something related to forming teams and possibly having characters from different houses compete against one another, outside of just Pokemon battles.

I'm just throwing out ideas since I started thinking about it today. Anyone else interested in the whole club creation thing? What are some clubs you'd be tempted to suggest?

Battling and Breeding sound like good ideas for students who want to keep learning more about the topics after their one year class teaches them, co-ordinating club can also be a thing, especially for students who want to pursue carreers in them, the clubs could have lectures from famous breeders battlers co-ordinator.
Battling club could have tournaments among the students and maybe even go to the gyms when the students are ready, coordinators could host shows in the schools and maybe tour the cities where contest are held ( to compete or just as field trips)
I'm not sure how breeding would work, except maybe the students would breed their own pokemon and visit the different Day cares..or learn about what different breeders do.

I was also thinking a pokemon club, culinary club, art club would also be cool, and maybe pokemon explorers, (a mixture of pokemon and outdoors club, kind of like a junior Ranger club)...maybe an LGTBQA club..

I'm interested to see if the clubs work like they do in real life, like if enough students want a club, all they have to do is get it aproved and have a teacher be their advisor and at least 3 members. Or if there's a different system, either way I'm excited 3nodding

Drama and Sports sound awsome too, though I'm a bit more soccer inclined...but would we have teams for different sports? Cause that'd be interesting...or maybe intramural sports?
Either way they all sound cool smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:50 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Hitsukei

Battling and Breeding sound like good ideas for students who want to keep learning more about the topics after their one year class teaches them, co-ordinating club can also be a thing, especially for students who want to pursue carreers in them, the clubs could have lectures from famous breeders battlers co-ordinator.
Battling club could have tournaments among the students and maybe even go to the gyms when the students are ready, coordinators could host shows in the schools and maybe tour the cities where contest are held ( to compete or just as field trips)
I'm not sure how breeding would work, except maybe the students would breed their own pokemon and visit the different Day cares..or learn about what different breeders do.

I was also thinking a pokemon club, culinary club, art club would also be cool, and maybe pokemon explorers, (a mixture of pokemon and outdoors club, kind of like a junior Ranger club)...maybe an LGTBQA club..

I'm interested to see if the clubs work like they do in real life, like if enough students want a club, all they have to do is get it aproved and have a teacher be their advisor and at least 3 members. Or if there's a different system, either way I'm excited 3nodding

Drama and Sports sound awsome too, though I'm a bit more soccer inclined...but would we have teams for different sports? Cause that'd be interesting...or maybe intramural sports?

Hello, Juubi-Kira no Ryuu. It's a pleasure to meet you. :3

Battling and Breeding would be interesting clubs for those who are general fans of the subject - in my opinion - but I think it would mostly revolve around discussing the subject than learning more about it ( as in learning more than what class had taught them.) I'm guessing that there might be advanced versions of these classes for later on in rp, during our characters later years at the school. Though, I could see the students in a battle club arranging mini tournaments amongst themselves or host so slightly larger ones if a teacher volunteered to be involved. As for challenging gym leaders, I don't think that will happen until after our characters graduate from the Academy, and decide to collect badges on their own accord, (though, I could see visiting the gyms as a possibility, albeit, it might fall outside the realm of possibility for this guild).

As for Breeding, I think it would be fine as more of an interest thing, as I already described. Though, I'd think that maybe instead of visiting different daycares, students could instead help out the daycare owned by the school, on the island.

Your other suggestions; A Pokemon Fan club, Culinary club, Art club and something something similar to a Junior Ranger club would be good suggestions. Personally, I think a LGTBQA club would be too heavy of a topic for a club in this guild - I appreciate the thought though. :3

Although, I'm not part of the crew and can't say for sure; I have a feeling that clubs will probably end up working the way they do in real life, albeit more simplified. Each club will probably have to involve enough demand from the students, as you said, and will require a teacher to approve the idea and require another(or the same) teacher to facilitate/oversee the club. Outside the rp, I could see there being a form that we have to fill out and have Shadow of Miracles look over any submitted idea and carefully evaluate it and its activities. It will be a process, I'm sure of it, but it will be worth it, I'm sure.

Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like some of my ideas for some clubs. Having a general sports club isn't a bad idea, like you suggested. I figured Baseball would be the most ideal sport since it could essentially be run in a turn-based style, in my opinion, and is team-based. I also closely relate Pokemon to the Japanese culture and the one sport they adore happens to be Baseball.

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:06 am
Hope the kind

I certainly am! The concept might be that the students would need to ask a faculty member to be in-charge of the club (like they do in the animes).
As for what clubs should be created....hmmmm I don't know if it will be possible to have a Breeding Club, Training Club/Battling Club, Friendship Club (to build closer ties to your Pokemon). My only concern with clubs is when are the students going to have time for the clubs? Is it after Afternoon class? Will the students have class every day or every other day?
Having to wait two weeks (or nearly that amount of time) to finish a day of school will begin to be taxing for not only the students but the teachers as well.

I'm really glad you're equally as excited about clubs as I am. ^^

I agree that the students would have to approach a teacher and ask about creating a club. I imagine that the full process will involve filling out a form in another thread for Shadow of Miracles to evaluate. Like I said before, I like the idea of a Breeding, or Battling club. The idea of a club that's meant to raise your friendship with a pokemon might be kind of neat, too.

I have a feeling that club activities might be held after class and maybe even one day out of the weekend. I also think classes will be held five days out of the week, much like they are done real life (assuming anyone reading this attends school in North America). I agree that it takes a considerable about of time to finish a single school day, unfortunately it's almost necessary since it allows for more people to post. I know two weeks to complete one day seems/sounds ridiculous, but I think it's probably the best pace for the rp. ><;;

murruelecreuset

As for clubs I'm not sure a Pokémon club maybe or a music or art club might be cool.

Hey-Ya! I like the idea of a music or art club. Kind of a classic example, haha. Would Maria be interested in hosting a club? Or would it be more of Evelyn's things? :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 am
murruelecreuset

As for clubs I'm not sure a Pokémon club maybe or a music or art club might be cool.

Hey-Ya! I like the idea of a music or art club. Kind of a classic example, haha. Would Maria be interested in hosting a club? Or would it be more of Evelyn's things? :3

Maria might but I'm thinking Evelyn is probably more likely to do it.
Pokémon research club she'd sure try for something like that lol  

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

SpazzticPanda1311

Bashful Bear

21,775 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:54 am
Shadow of Miracles

pssst you should include a photography club  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:21 am
SpazzticPanda1311
Shadow of Miracles

pssst you should include a photography club

Right back at you ;D

Students will be able to create clubs and such. Hopefully the guide I create for clubs will help explain everything 3nodding  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:56 am
*Flops on floor of chat*

Life sucks... I try not to complain in OOC, but I thought I'd just share some of the knowledge I've acquired over the years.

That and, if someone starts a sentence with "I go to the Baptist Church and..." you should probably run  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:25 am
Hitsukei
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Hitsukei

Hello, Juubi-Kira no Ryuu. It's a pleasure to meet you. :3

Battling and Breeding would be interesting clubs for those who are general fans of the subject - in my opinion - but I think it would mostly revolve around discussing the subject than learning more about it ( as in learning more than what class had taught them.) I'm guessing that there might be advanced versions of these classes for later on in rp, during our characters later years at the school. Though, I could see the students in a battle club arranging mini tournaments amongst themselves or host so slightly larger ones if a teacher volunteered to be involved. As for challenging gym leaders, I don't think that will happen until after our characters graduate from the Academy, and decide to collect badges on their own accord, (though, I could see visiting the gyms as a possibility, albeit, it might fall outside the realm of possibility for this guild).

As for Breeding, I think it would be fine as more of an interest thing, as I already described. Though, I'd think that maybe instead of visiting different daycares, students could instead help out the daycare owned by the school, on the island.

Your other suggestions; A Pokemon Fan club, Culinary club, Art club and something something similar to a Junior Ranger club would be good suggestions. Personally, I think a LGTBQA club would be too heavy of a topic for a club in this guild - I appreciate the thought though. :3

Although, I'm not part of the crew and can't say for sure; I have a feeling that clubs will probably end up working the way they do in real life, albeit more simplified. Each club will probably have to involve enough demand from the students, as you said, and will require a teacher to approve the idea and require another(or the same) teacher to facilitate/oversee the club. Outside the rp, I could see there being a form that we have to fill out and have Shadow of Miracles look over any submitted idea and carefully evaluate it and its activities. It will be a process, I'm sure of it, but it will be worth it, I'm sure.

Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like some of my ideas for some clubs. Having a general sports club isn't a bad idea, like you suggested. I figured Baseball would be the most ideal sport since it could essentially be run in a turn-based style, in my opinion, and is team-based. I also closely relate Pokemon to the Japanese culture and the one sport they adore happens to be Baseball.

Hiya, nice to metcha ^u^

I'm glad you like my ideas. 3nodding
For the battling and contest clubs, it'd be cool to host school events. They could even do it a la intramural sports and have the teachers compete in different teams along side the students...

I hadn't even thought about advanced classes for our students, it'd be cool if that happens. Since we have I think 3 classes for morning and afternoon each, it'll take our characters 3 years to finish off that curriculum (assuming they take 2 at a time) so it'd be cool to see more classes...

A turn-based baseball game sounds interesting... baseball looks kinda fun to play..I've never really played it and don't understand the game (like the scoring system and such) but the fact that it can be adapted into the roleplay like that sounds like fun.

I grew up with mostly soccer and baseball so I guess that's what my mind goes to,

I tend to get ahead of myself, I apologize...I get excited and drink lots of coffee..

yeah I guess LGTBQA could be heavy...it kinda seems like "we're here, we're LGTBQA...cool you too? cool, hi friend that can relate to this!"..but then I'm kinda new to the community, and my school's club's had like one meeting.. sweatdrop

I have some ideas to what Marcus would want as a club but that will have to happen after I reveal his personal plot a bit, and of course would with the rules.

I'm waiting for my teacher to be approved before I bring my student in, but if you and Hope are looking for someone to rp with until Friday, I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Also if it's okay I ask, what's occult club?  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:40 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Also if it's okay I ask, what's occult club?

Occult club is a club for those who have an interest in the paranormal.  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games