Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:26 pm
Darksol88

"Poliwrath. Huh..." I couldn't help but to cross my arms, finding this choice actually interesting.

"What, disappointed?" Freth asked.

"No, not at all. Really, we may end up with a hell of a show to finish this off. I mean, this battle could have been ended a lot faster, say...if Aden brought out one of his Rock types...which I believe one of which should be a Golem by now, if Aden was diligent enough. Or worst case scenario, he did have a Scyther which may or may not be a Scizor now which would ruin Meinshao's day. Don't know about that one. With this, the battle has been a learning experience for probably the both of them and what better way to finish this than to have one hell of a fight in the end. I don't think those two would have it any other way."

The end was near for Tristen and his team. They all worked hard to get to this point. Time to take this battle home. "Meinshao! Fake Out!" he commanded.

With blinding speed, the Meinshao 'danced' about, juking and flowing about across the battlefield before coming up to the Poliwrath and giving it a hard slap. Tristen had a plan...he needed an opening.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 pm
Blizzard120

"I get the feeling Poliwrath was a safer pick. Strong defenses can only go so far and offense at the cost of everything else means a stiff wind can break you. Nidoking's probably the only other one that'd be as well-rounded and able to do a bit of anything well enough," Cera remarked. "Sounds a lot like the sort of teaching both of them would know."

---

"Poliwrath, Body-"

Unfortunately, Aden would be cut off by Mienshao's sheer speed and catching Poliwrath off-guard. Much as as Poliwrath wanted to go with the command, he was left having to recollect himself instead. He hadn't seen the attack coming at all, and it'd give Tristen that opening he was looking for. Not that this stopped Aden's mind from racing, trying to keep on the ball. "Er, brace yourself!"

There likely wouldn't be enough time to strike back, and both of them knew it. Poliwrath would take a defensive pose as soon as he could, but flinching like he did was a bit of a setback.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:03 pm
Darksol88

"Probably." I said to Cera as I watched the battle unfold. "Though I am sort of surprised by their lead off picks. I guess that's them getting into their own groove. I...don't quite recall if I told Aden to do this if he wanted to play it generally safe leading off, but I did tell Tristen at least that usually a good go-to Pokemon to lead off with are either normal or electric types. Namely due to them generally lacking many weaknesses and they're usually the more adaptable ones to...well, scout and maybe figure out what your opponent is doing."

"Assuming you did, Aden lead off with Nidoking though."

"I know, it was just as Cera said, though. Nidoking has a history of being the jack of all trades in Aden's group. While his type weaknesses are not the greatest, considering, he can take a few hits...uh...usually..." I said kind of tripping on my own words realizing what I was saying mid way. "...but he can also dish out a whole lot of punishment himself in many different flavors. It was probably a good choice in any other respect. Probably could have taken out Rampardos with general ease too...if Rampardos didn't have his way with Nidoking immediately."

"Yea...that...was a thing." Freth said.

"Arrro."

Back on the battlefield as the bleacher analysis was being discussed, Tristen watched as the Poliwrath cringed, flinching from the sudden strike by Meinshao. That was his opening. "Meinshao! Jump Kick!" Tristen commanded.

"Oh that's going to hurt!" I said.

With that opening, the Meinshao leaped and, with a hard turn, thrust his foot right into the Poliwrath. It was a Reckless maneuver to be sure, but one that was well within Meinshao's wheel house.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 am
Keiko didn't know what to think. From the second she walked in... actually, probably from the start of the fight as far as she knew, this fight had been crazy. Aden, who was a lot older than she thought he was, and Tristen seemed evenly matched, and the resulting struggle was more intense than anything she'd ever seen save for some of the gym leaders she'd watched me battle. Not knowing what to say, she stayed silent and watched the fight. What she came for could wait.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:54 pm
Blizzard120

"If you did, he must've taken it to heart in some fashion or another. It's been a while, so it's a little fuzzy at the moment. Though, something like Rampardos... they like to hit hard, but because they're kinda frail, they usually need to take out who they're fighting first. Not the worst pick unless your opponent can take a hit from it." Through the explanation, Cera shuddered a little at the idea of facing down one of those up close.

---

"We're not taking that lying down!" Aden spoke up, watching Mienshao pivot into a Jump Kick to send both him and Poliwrath skyward. "Waterfall!"

Aiming for a counterattack, Poliwrath started spouting water to propel himself upward, arm raised for an uppercut and poised to intersect Mienshao a second time.  
Blizzard120 rolled 1 100-sided dice: 48 Total: 48 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:02 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

"If you did, he must've taken it to heart in some fashion or another. It's been a while, so it's a little fuzzy at the moment. Though, something like Rampardos... they like to hit hard, but because they're kinda frail, they usually need to take out who they're fighting first. Not the worst pick unless your opponent can take a hit from it." Through the explanation, Cera shuddered a little at the idea of facing down one of those up close.

---

"We're not taking that lying down!" Aden spoke up, watching Mienshao pivot into a Jump Kick to send both him and Poliwrath skyward. "Waterfall!"

Aiming for a counterattack, Poliwrath started spouting water to propel himself upward, arm raised for an uppercut and poised to intersect Mienshao a second time.

"Meinshao! Look out!" Tristen tried to warn his Pokemon and as much as it tried getting out of the way, there was no getting around such a big burly fist such as that. The Meinshao was virtually carried by that Waterfall attack; the Marshal Arts Pokemon's eyes went wide as the attack drilled right into him, virtually knocking the wind right out of him.

Tristen refused to take the retaliation lying down himself. "Meinshao! Force Palm!" Tristen said. The Meinshao ended up gritting its teeth, dragging itself off of Poliwrath's fist, retaliating with a focused attack, where its fighting prowess crackled around the palm of Meinshao's hand, to drive the Poliwrath back down into the floor.

(Force Palm Paralysis Check - 70-100 = Paralysis)  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:02 pm
Blizzard120

Though Force Palm hit hard, luck would shine on Aden and Poliwrath in that it didn't seem to cause the paralysis that attack was known for. But that was only a small bit of solace; Poliwrath wasn't going to be able to keep fighting much longer, noting how he struggled to get back to his feet, and going for broke wasn't cutting it anymore.

He'd have to have more go, even more broke. So would Poliwrath. And there was only one way either of them felt it could be achieved.

"I think it's about time for the climax, Poliwrath, what do you think?"

A slight nod came in response, as well as some remark about finally showing this Mienshao how much of a tough customer he really was.

"Alright then. Pretty sure this'll be it one way or another, so, Poliwrath? Superpower."

With a cry and flex, Poliwrath would... tense up since there weren't any sort of teeth to grit and opt to return Mienshao's fighting prowess with a show of his own. Rushing with a sudden burst of speed, he'd close the gap between himself and Mienshao before throwing a punch with one arm and attempting to grab and throw with the other. The attack was bound to take a lot out of him, though, and would leave him wide open afterward as he threw himself with the force of his grab.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Though Force Palm hit hard, luck would shine on Aden and Poliwrath in that it didn't seem to cause the paralysis that attack was known for. But that was only a small bit of solace; Poliwrath wasn't going to be able to keep fighting much longer, noting how he struggled to get back to his feet, and going for broke wasn't cutting it anymore.

He'd have to have more go, even more broke. So would Poliwrath. And there was only one way either of them felt it could be achieved.

"I think it's about time for the climax, Poliwrath, what do you think?"

A slight nod came in response, as well as some remark about finally showing this Mienshao how much of a tough customer he really was.

"Alright then. Pretty sure this'll be it one way or another, so, Poliwrath? Superpower."

With a cry and flex, Poliwrath would... tense up since there weren't any sort of teeth to grit and opt to return Mienshao's fighting prowess with a show of his own. Rushing with a sudden burst of speed, he'd close the gap between himself and Mienshao before throwing a punch with one arm and attempting to grab and throw with the other. The attack was bound to take a lot out of him, though, and would leave him wide open afterward as he threw himself with the force of his grab.

As the Poliwrath started to build its power for its final hurrah, Tristen looked down towards Meinshao. Despite trying to cause as much damage as fast and hard as possible against this brute of a Water Pokemon, Meinshao didn't look too hot himself. That Waterfall did a number to him. If the two of them were going to get taken out of this fight, at the very least they were going to do it fighting.

"Meinshao! High Jump Kick!" Tristen shouted. As the Poliwrath charged, full speed ahead, in a complete Reckless endeavor, Meinshao charged and leaped, meeting his foot with Poliwrath's grand fist. The attacks collide with grand force, prompting Tristen to turn his head from the outrageous shock of what could be said of seeming like two planets colliding. So forceful, it got a reaction out of at the very least the trio of myself, Dragonite, and Freth on the bleachers nearly choking dust from the impact.

"GAH! Holy Christ! Since when this turned anime!? -cough,cough-" I shouted.

"Who -cough, cough- who won!?" Freth spoke up.

"ARRRO!"

I looked back, trying to make heads or tails of the situation. It wouldn't take long for the dust to clear. Meinshao could be seen, face down on the ground...and he wasn't getting up.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm
Blizzard120

"You're asking me!? Cera asked, telepathy not being stopped so easily by dust. Her body, however, was stopped a lot more effectively, and there were several mewling coughs that came all the same while she covered her face as well as possible.

--

Aden's arms went up to his face the instant he saw the impact, shielding his eyes from the dust that was kicked up. It certainly looked like it could've been from one of Blizz's Jhotonian animes with the force causing Aden and Tristen's clothes to blow in the wind for a moment, the dust clearing soon after to reveal the outcome. Only a short distance from Mienshao was Poliwrath, flat on his back and showing just as few signs of getting up as his opponent did.

"Go for broke, indeed," Aden remarked as he slowly moved his arms to see what came of the clash. When he saw both of them knocked out, he could only stare in disbelief for a few seconds. "Uh.... I think it's a draw?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:59 pm
"I...guess so..." Tristen said, rubbing the back of his head in confusion. He...honestly didn't think that such a outcome would come of this. Rare are stalemates in Pokemon battling, and to be part of one...was a little surreal. At least as far as Tristen thought, anyways.

"Double KO...and they don't got anything else on them, do they?" Freth asked.

"No...that's six for the each of them..." I said, getting up from the stands and started to make my way down to centerfield. Dragonite would get up as well, flying directly to Tristen.

"Meinshao, you did good today. Return." He said, recalling his fallen fighting type Pokemon. He watches his Dragonite make his way down to him, landing right in front of him. "I really tried, Dragonite...it was really hard, you know?"

"Arrro." Dragonite said, patting Tristen on the back, though...it was a little strong for Tristen stumbled forward a couple of steps.

"Heh, thanks Dragonite. I think we got a lot of work to do still. Come on, let's see Blizz and Aden." He said, making his way down field to meet up with the two.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:02 am
Keiko found herself covering her mouth and coughing from the explosive show of force as well, and was quite surprised herself to see the result of the fight. "A draw? Wow, I've never seen that happen before," she muttered to herself. That said, with the fight over, she might get a chance to try working out herself. Although if the group decided to stick around, the least she could do would be to talk to them. Maybe even get a second opinion from Blizz and Freth, if the stories she's heard about how much training one or both of them go through were true. She couldn't remember the details at the moment, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:16 pm
Bing...bong..." Chimed the speakers throughout Snagem HQ, an initial alert for the residents to pay attention to what will be coming through said speakers next. "All Snagems are to gather in the common room for an important meeting as requested by Sub. I'll spare you all my incomparable wit for now considering the seriousness of the topic to be discussed and information relayed." GRAY informed the Snagems.

Sure enough the Snagem leader was waiting in the common room, standing in front of the television which hung on the wall, not to block but simply because it was the area of the room of which the entire layout was designed to focus on. Here he waited for the others, SNAG in hand and at his side.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:22 pm
Given the supposed seriousness of the situation if GRAY was to be believed, I dropped what I was reading and made my way upstairs, finding Sub in the common room as GRAY stated. Saying nothing, I took a seat close, but not too close to Sub and waited for whatever others would show up, as I was sure he wouldn't relay anything until there was a sufficient audience.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:52 pm
SubonicXP
Bing...bong..." Chimed the speakers throughout Snagem HQ, an initial alert for the residents to pay attention to what will be coming through said speakers next. "All Snagems are to gather in the common room for an important meeting as requested by Sub. I'll spare you all my incomparable wit for now considering the seriousness of the topic to be discussed and information relayed." GRAY informed the Snagems.

Sure enough the Snagem leader was waiting in the common room, standing in front of the television which hung on the wall, not to block but simply because it was the area of the room of which the entire layout was designed to focus on. Here he waited for the others, SNAG in hand and at his side.

Zwei was totally enamored by his new form. It was so cute and he was cute and he LOVED the new look! The Yamper hybrid dashed in and sat down promptly near Sub, though he seemed....off. Quieter. He didn't understand why.

Rhyme had returned from her visit with RC and Ryan to be here, settling behind Zwei on one of the chairs. Ear flicks a bit as she tries to read her team leader's expression, to figure out what's going on as well.  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:59 pm
Blizzard120

"So did you, Poliwrath. You get yourself some rest, alright?" Aden spoke up, recalling Poliwrath in turn before joining Blizz and Tristen. "You know, though... I had considered asking that Dragonite of yours to fight instead. They were getting pretty antsy in the stands, so I'm guessing they're used to being a cornerstone in your fights. It's no wonder why you'd want to see how you fared without the usual ace to fall back on. Though, given the sheen of their scales, I have a feeling Poliwrath's Ice Punch would'n't have been as effective as I'd hope."

Right after he finished speaking, he'd hear the speakers come to life and the request GRAY had given. "...huh. Might need to wait a bit before we get everyone healed up. Last I checked, GRAY doesn't sacrifice the usual remarks without good reason."

Cera had planned to go to the field herself for a moment, but upon hearing the request, opted to go on ahead to the common room. She'd save her remarks about the battle- what she saw of it, anyway- for later.

SubonicXP

Sol, having already been there what with Aile and Robert's earlier bit, didn't have far to go. Now that he thought of it, where had those two gone? Obviously this wasn't a topic for Robert's ears, but the lack of Aile too was weird. He shrugged and figured they'd simply gone off for their own thing or something, diverting his attention to Sub instead.

Amaranth would be over in short order herself, noticing where Sub was standing. "You sent for us?" She asked, less for any sort of answer and more to make it known she was here.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games