Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:21 am
Keiko had to hold her ears closed as well when she heard Screech get ordered but that had already come and gone. Instead, she was rather enraptured by the battle and Tristen's apparent struggle against what she perceived as a newcomer as she hadn't met Aden yet. "I kind of want to root for Tristen, but I don't want to hurt the new guy's feelings," Keiko muttered to herself, not wanting to bother Blizzard or Freth, either, although it wouldn't be hard for either of them to notice her considering she wasn't trying to be quiet. "I mean, he looks to be about the same age as Tristen is. Or was. Or... okay, it is more than just his hair, did he evolve or something?" she added, not quite sure what to make of Tristen's new appearance.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
Keiko had to hold her ears closed as well when she heard Screech get ordered but that had already come and gone. Instead, she was rather enraptured by the battle and Tristen's apparent struggle against what she perceived as a newcomer as she hadn't met Aden yet. "I kind of want to root for Tristen, but I don't want to hurt the new guy's feelings," Keiko muttered to herself, not wanting to bother Blizzard or Freth, either, although it wouldn't be hard for either of them to notice her considering she wasn't trying to be quiet. "I mean, he looks to be about the same age as Tristen is. Or was. Or... okay, it is more than just his hair, did he evolve or something?" she added, not quite sure what to make of Tristen's new appearance.

"He's not a new guy." I spoke up. "Though with how he hadn't been around, I couldn't blame you for thinking that." I didn't really look over towards Keiko though, keeping my eyes on the battle as much as I could.

"That's Aden. Sol's son." Freth told her. "And no, they're not the same age...actually Aden is......well crap, how old is Aden now?"

"Uh...shoot...how long has it been? He was nineteen when the team was formed." I said.

"And Tristen is only roughly 13...14 at the absolute most now." Freth said. "And yes, Tristen did evolve. Weird story about that one."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:41 pm
Blizzard120

TerashiLeonGoken

"27. I think," Cera would speak up, from another spot on the bleachers. From the looks of it, she couldn't have been there for more than a minute or two, curious to see what was going on. "At this point, it's probably more approximation than hard fact..."

---

Watching Umbreon strike against the barrier to no avail and stare Magmar down, Aden could already see where this was headed. "Okay then.... well, two can play at that, I guess. Umbreon, sleep it off. Rest!" On cue, Umbreon would turn around a couple of times, curl up right where she was... and went to sleep. Huh.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm
Darksol88

Watching Umbreon strike against the barrier to no avail and stare Magmar down, Aden could already see where this was headed. "Okay then.... well, two can play at that, I guess. Umbreon, sleep it off. Rest!" On cue, Umbreon would turn around a couple of times, curl up right where she was... and went to sleep. Huh.

Tristen couldn't believe what he just heard and what he was seeing. He expected the Moonlight, but he didn't expect Rest at all, and yet, there it was. Before he knew it, the Umbreon curled up and started to recover stamina in a rapid hurry. Worse still, the poison that was coursing through the Umbreon would be worked out in the Umbreon's deep sleep. Magmar couldn't start this all over again and the precious seconds were ticking down as the poison administered by Umbreon's synchronize was about to claim a victim. "Magmar! Focus Punch!"

The Magmar tensed up, clinching a fist, embers around his arm ignited as the fiery inferno focused what might he could into what would probably be his final attack. The only good news was that this attack was going to go uncontested in the midst of Umbreon's nap. "MaaaaaAAAAG! MAR!" With a roar of rightous fury, the Magmar drove his fist right into the Umbreon, but after delivering the mighty blow, the Magmar's vision continued to blur...its breathing started to get heavily labored, then finally...the Magmar collapsed from the poison.

Regardless if the Focus Punch did the damage Tristen hoped or not, the fact of Magmar falling this moment now left the Manetric hybrid trading places with Aden in standings. "Now experience is winning out." Freth said. "And Aden still has two Pokemon to go after Umbreon. Provided Tristen can get by it."

"If I remember correctly what Aden possibly could have, this is going to be an uphill battle, now." I said to Freth.

Tristen would recall his fallen Magmar with a solemn nod in thanks to his fiery Pokemon. He then would stash the Pokeball and send out a new one in his place. "Galvantula!" Tristen would call out, sending out the massive electrical spider out for battle.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:11 pm
Blizzard120

There would be a brief moment where Aden would look like he'd had an egg thrown at him and was having the yolk run down. The parry was bad enough, but that punch... he wasn't going to bother figuring out how the hell Umbreon slept through that, let alone being punched with impunity and landing like nothing had happened apart from a black eye. That, and she looked to be roughly back to where she was before the earlier Toxic.

"Ow..." Aden muttered after a moment, visibly cringing from the impact of Magmar's Focus Punch to swan song. And then, seeing the Galvantula, realizing he might be in a bit of trouble, even with feeling he had an answer to it if Umbreon fell. "Not much choice other than riding this out, so... Sleep Talk?"

As Umbreon laid there, she'd make some sort of mumbly cry in response before adjusting herself and kicking her feet. Some of the dust caused by the battle would end up in the air from it, going towards Galvantula by sheer luck. "...well, I guess a Sand Attack could have its uses..."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:17 pm
Darksol88
As Umbreon laid there, she'd make some sort of mumbly cry in response before adjusting herself and kicking her feet. Some of the dust caused by the battle would end up in the air from it, going towards Galvantula by sheer luck. "...well, I guess a Sand Attack could have its uses..."

One would hear a hiss coming from the Galvantula as the sand pelted the spider. Not the worst thing in the world coming from that Umbreon, Tristen thought. Though having it Sleep Talk up a storm leaves a lot of room for trouble in and of itself. Hopefully Galvantula's Compound Eyes can hold true for him. "Galvantula! Bug Buzz!" he commanded.

"Tristen is going to fight like hell trying to get back the lead." I said.

"Arrro." Dragonite spoke up, agreeing with the sentiment.

The spider shook its head what sand it could, what little good that did anyways, but then sparked up severely then hunched up. It then unleashed a hard insect, ear-shattering shrill towards the Umbreon. Needless to say, Tristen needed this Umbreon to go.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:37 pm
Blizzard120

"Has their fight been like this the whole time? It's almost like they've been pretty evenly matched," Cera remarked after a bit, studying the battle to whatever extent she could.

---

With the Focus Punch already doing a sizable number on Umbreon, the Bug Buzz would quickly have both equate to a lot of damage. Still asleep when the attack assaulted her body and ears alike, she'd end up slumping over a bit more as her sleep went from restful to forced. He had the feeling he might've gotten under Tristen's skin a bit with that Rest after all. But he still had a couple of Pokemon left; he was hardly out of this.

"Alright then..." He finally spoke up, recalling Umbreon and letting her hopefully get some proper rest. "Ampharos, your turn! Light Screen!"

Tossing Ampharos' ball into the air, she'd come out with a few sparks and a cry, creating a sort of barrier out of electricity to act as a buffer as soon as she landed.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:46 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

"Has their fight been like this the whole time? It's almost like they've been pretty evenly matched," Cera remarked after a bit, studying the battle to whatever extent she could.

---

With the Focus Punch already doing a sizable number on Umbreon, the Bug Buzz would quickly have both equate to a lot of damage. Still asleep when the attack assaulted her body and ears alike, she'd end up slumping over a bit more as her sleep went from restful to forced. He had the feeling he might've gotten under Tristen's skin a bit with that Rest after all. But he still had a couple of Pokemon left; he was hardly out of this.

"Alright then..." He finally spoke up, recalling Umbreon and letting her hopefully get some proper rest. "Ampharos, your turn! Light Screen!"

Tossing Ampharos' ball into the air, she'd come out with a few sparks and a cry, creating a sort of barrier out of electricity to act as a buffer as soon as she landed.

"They really been at each other's throat from the word go. Word to the wise, Nidoking might need some alone time later." I said to Cera.

"Oooo, you had to bring that up." Freth said.

Back on the field, Tristen is finding himself still in tough straights. The Light Screen puts a hard damper on Galvantula's special capabilities and Galvantula unfortunately didn't have any means to get rid of that shield. Galvantula could use some physical attacks okay, but Galvantula was better off with its special attacks by a far margin. Unfortunately, Tristen wasn't going to have much of a choice in the matter, however. Maybe he could pull something...though like with Umbreon, this was going to take a lot of work.

"Hey Aden! Your turn! Galvantula! Screech!" Tristen commanded.

Switching from the Bug Buzz shrill to a defense killing move, the Galvantula shrieked towards the Ampharos.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 pm
Blizzard120

"I'm not sure if I wanna know what happened to him," Cera remarked, already having a feeling of what might've went down. But as she saw it, that was more Aden's territory. Or maybe Ampharos'. Either way, she wasn't about to pry on the subject.

---

"Agh, jeez!" On reflex, Aden would cover his ears as Ampharos went and did the same. Not that it did much to help defenses any, having to drop any sort of guard thanks to it. "Ampharos, quiet his Galvantula down! Power Gem!" Ampharos would try to keep the Screech from getting to her too badly as the orbs on her head and tail gave off a glow before a pair of rays shot out, sparkling in the light as they went straight for Galvantula.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

"I'm not sure if I wanna know what happened to him," Cera remarked, already having a feeling of what might've went down. But as she saw it, that was more Aden's territory. Or maybe Ampharos'. Either way, she wasn't about to pry on the subject.

---

"Agh, jeez!" On reflex, Aden would cover his ears as Ampharos went and did the same. Not that it did much to help defenses any, having to drop any sort of guard thanks to it. "Ampharos, quiet his Galvantula down! Power Gem!" Ampharos would try to keep the Screech from getting to her too badly as the orbs on her head and tail gave off a glow before a pair of rays shot out, sparkling in the light as they went straight for Galvantula.

The Power Gem crashed down upon the electrical spider and sure enough, that did shut Galvantula up in a real big hurry. Tristen looked on in shock for a second, trying to see if Galvantula actually would get up after the hit. Fortunately, he did...barely. Tristen came to the gravity that in nearly every situation, Aden's Pokemon was going to be ready. This was years of experience that he was squaring off against. He couldn't give up just yet, however. He didn't get this far by giving up, after all. First things first, a bit of recreating memory lane...

"Galvantula! Leech Life!" Tristen shouted.

"With shattered defenses, that's going to be a hell of a meal for Galvantula." Freth said.

"I think that's the intention." Freth said.

The spider skittered hard and fast across the battlefield floor, leaped up, and latched onto the Ampharos, biting down with its forward insect fangs and started to drain, vitality and electricity alike. This spider wasn't picky.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Blizzard120

First came the shriek from Ampharos when the giant electrical spider sped at her to latch on, followed by another when it started to drain anything it could with Leech Life. It'd hit especially hard with the lowered defenses too, and if unchecked, wouldn't end well. Aden, however, wouldn't be able to get a word out before Ampharos' panic led to her trying to get Galvantula off on her own accord. A scream could be heard as one of her arms sparked and was engulfed in flames, going for an uppercut with enough force that she sprang into the air and spun a little.

"...I mean, I was considering Fire Punch, so that works...?" Aden remarked.

---

Cera didn't say anything, but there was a visible cringe at seeing the Fire Punch and a mental note to maybe not cross Ampharos anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

First came the shriek from Ampharos when the giant electrical spider sped at her to latch on, followed by another when it started to drain anything it could with Leech Life. It'd hit especially hard with the lowered defenses too, and if unchecked, wouldn't end well. Aden, however, wouldn't be able to get a word out before Ampharos' panic led to her trying to get Galvantula off on her own accord. A scream could be heard as one of her arms sparked and was engulfed in flames, going for an uppercut with enough force that she sprang into the air and spun a little.

"...I mean, I was considering Fire Punch, so that works...?" Aden remarked.

---

Cera didn't say anything, but there was a visible cringe at seeing the Fire Punch and a mental note to maybe not cross Ampharos anytime soon.

The Ampharos panicked and acted on its own accord, Tristen would note. Funnier still, he remembered that like Galvantula, its own physical assault was only okay and not overwhelming. Despite which, it was more than enough to make lose whatever Galvantula gained out of draining the Ampharos. Worse, this left Tristen trying to figure out the best way to go about dealing with this Ampharos. He didn't have a whole lot of options...

"Alright, Galvantula! Go for broke! Slash attack!" Tristen commanded.

"Go for broke?" Freth asked.

"Probably hoping to land a decisive strike on Ampharos."

"Even with Slash being an attack that's better than most attacks in doing that, that's still not very good odds. And its not like Galvantula got anything else going for it." Freth said.

"Its still damage in the end. I think its all that matters."

The Galvantula shook its head a bit, still reeling a bit from the panicked fiery strike the Ampharos dealt to it then retaliated, coming down with its front legs to lash out against the Ampharos.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm
Blizzard120

Dodging the speedy spider wasn't a terribly likely outcome, Aden feared. Not with how fast it went about the Slash. But he wasn't about to let it just happen; if Tristen was going for broke...

"Now, Ampharos! Dragon Pulse!"

...then so was he, by means of a point-blank Dragon Pulse from Ampharos just as Galvantula's Slash landed. After firing the attack, regardless of its outcome, she'd slump into a seated position, then laying on the ground. Apparently that Slash was indeed a decisive strike.

"Huh, so it really is coming down to this," he said to himself, musing as he got ready to recall Ampharos and send out his last Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 pm
As the spider landed his strike, Galvantula took the full on brunt of the Dragon Pulse attack and unlike Ampharos, didn't have any benefits from something like Light Screen. It hit the ground flat on its back, out for the count. The trio of Dragonite, myself, and Freth was a bit stunned silent. With such a trade, it really was going to come down to the last Pokemon. Tristen recalled his Galvantula, looking over towards Aden. "I gotta be honest, I didn't think this battle was going to be this close, Aden. Really learned a lot today." Tristen told his opponent, readying his final Pokeball.

"Final Pokemon, make or break for the both of them." I said.

"If one of them got type advantages, its probably curtains for the other. I can just about suspect what Tristen might have left if he didn't have Dragonite." Freth said.

"Me too. Process of elimination, I'm suspecting that its going to be..." I said.

"Meinshao! Go!" Tristen called out, tossing the ball and finally having it land on the battlefield.

In a flash of light, out came the slender, lavender colored fighting Pokemon. "Shoooooo." The Pokemon spoke up, swaying a bit, moving like water before striking a ready fighting pose. We all looked towards Aden, wondering what he had left over, wondering if it was going to be the deciding factor.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:09 pm
Blizzard120

Seeing Tristen's Mienshao come out, Aden made a mental note that Light Screen not only wasn't going to last for much longer, but might not make much of a difference. He wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, for that matter. Mienshao had a good few answers and a lot of speed on their side. He'd just have to hope slow and steady would end up being the better play.

"I could say the same for you, really. For whatever you lack in years, you've made up for in being forged by some really intense fires. Not that that couldn't be said for anyone else in here... I intend to go down swinging if it comes to it and I'm sure you'll be doing the same, so let's see this through. Poliwrath!"

Finally tossing the ball, his Poliwrath would land a fair distance in front, taking a fighting pose of his own. "As I recall, I believe the move is yours."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games