Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:04 pm
Blizzard120

As soon as he saw Tristen's Xatu come out, Aden already had an idea of how to go about the oncoming attack. There was no outrunning it, no easy way to get another switch through U-Turn or something, so he figured to go out swinging while thinking of who to send it next. "Raticate, you've done great. Get some rest after this, alright? Sucker Punch!" Raticate never liked when Aden did that; it usually told him he already knew the outcome, but this time, he could feel the mental onslaught about to commence and knew he needed to act just as quickly as the command was given.

Racing forward in an attempt to briefly cut Xatu off, Raticate would give everything he could in a surprise attack. Xatu's Psychic land shortly afterwards, regardless if Sucker Punch landed or not. The mental onslaught proved to be too much and the momentum would send the rat behind Xatu one way or another, knocked out.

"...and return," Aden added after all had been said and done, recalling Raticate and having another ball ready. "You know, you've got a good battling style. Thinking on your feet a lot, trying some different stuff if the unsure look on your face says anything. I guess this is the time where I'd say I won't hold back anymore, but if I can be honest for a second?"

He'd toss the ball finally, letting out his Arcanine. Someone that might appreciate this sunlight even more than him. "If I wanted to go with that notion, it died when you took out Nidoking pretty effortlessly."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:31 pm
Darksol88

The Xatu got smacked hard by the Sucker Punch as its mental discharge went off. It fluttered about but managed to get back on its feet, though he could have lived without the damage. Same with Tristen honestly. However, Xatu was still standing, that was all it mattered. Tristen perked up as he was addressed by Aden, listening to the complements of his battling, though a thought was a bit chilling to Tristen on the tail end of his sentence. From essentially the starting gun, Aden wasn't pulling punches. Tristen made it clear without really meaning to that he wasn't anyone to be pulling punches against.

"Thank you." Tristen said as the Arcanine finally came out. The Manetric's eyes narrowed at the fire-type as his mind started to race. He had a bunch of possibilities in mind against this fiery hound, as I knew. I think I know what was going on here, now that I thought about it. Tristen, in long enduring battles like this, opted to have Xatu more often than not as some sort of pivot Pokemon to dictate how he wanted the Pokemon battle to go. Aden might have been aware of this thanks to his own father's Xatu that those birds tend to have pretty game-changer attacks to really screw over an opponent in one regard or another. It was what Tristen was going for.

Tristen had several ideas to go on. If for some reason, for example, Aden decided to backtrack and got Umbreon to perhaps use Moonlight to take advantage of the Sunny Day and have little backlash thanks to the Eevee-lutions ungodly defenses, he would have opted to use Guard Swap just as he did to a Gliscor back during a run in the Battle Frontier for example. Anything with absurdly high attack power? Power Swap to give the target Xatu's unfortunate physical attack. This Arcanine? Tristen had a hunch about something...he had to make sure, however.

"Xatu! Skill Swap!" He called out to his psychic bird.

The Xatu hovered up and with its psychic prowess, Arcanine would find something weird that changed about it.

"Uhhh...I don't recall, what did that Arcanine have?" I asked.

"You're asking me?" Freth then replied.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:41 pm
Blizzard120

If there was ever a moment for Aden's face to convey that things just went a bit pear-shaped, it'd be now. Taking advantage of the sun was suddenly being ripped out of the schedule for today, to be replaced with a new one that was decidedly less spicy. Though he and Arcanine did feel a bit more in sync than usual...

"Well, okay, guess I'm not going with having him use Flare Blitz now unless we want Xatu feeling the part of a jalapeno with none of the drawbacks," Aden remarked, quickly regaining his composure. There wasn't a reason to freak out here, but Tristen was definitely keeping him from sticking to any one strategy; not that he'd have it any other way, that is. "Guess I'll just go with the classic, then. Arcanine? Crunch."

On the one hand, having Arcanine race in to try and bite down on Xatu wasn't a bad strategy. On the other hand, it was decidedly more boring than sun-boosted fiery charges that would've invoked remarks of how a dog was on fire.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 pm
Darksol88

"Xatu, quick! Use-" Unfortunately the Arcanine was too fast to get the call out and the psychic bird gets caught up in the jaws of the Arcanine. Damage galore was racked up, leaving the bird in poor shape between the Sucker Punch as well as the crunch attack. Xatu has done nothing but take damage and, in the grand scheme of things, and not a lot of damage in return. Tristen only was going to get one shot to change that. He knew how.

"Xatu! Get out of there!" The Xatu managed to squirm out of the hound's jaws, finally kicking out and fluttering up. "Pain Split!" Tristen shouted. Like Rampardos with his Endeavor attack, Xatu had means to circumvent defenses as well with a bit of a benefit.

"That's what he needed." I said.

"But its not like he can just pain split all the time. Diminishing returns from the source, you know." Freth said.

"I know and I'm sure they both know that." I said. "Every move from the each of them is calculated. That said, I'm not sure even recovering by that attack that Xatu is going to be around for much longer..."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:21 pm
Blizzard120

The more Aden thought about the tactic Tristen was going for, he doubted that it was about having Xatu recover. It was about crippling Arcanine so neither of them had a comfort zone or anything to take advantage of. In a way, he felt like he was playing too safe, too defensively, too caught up in wading through Tristen's various tricks. Not that any of it was bad; he just wasn't sure what else he could pull apart from punching more holes. It was going to hurt a bit, but one idea did come to mind...

"Maybe a bit more punch... Arcanine, shake it off! Wild Charge!"

Suddenly, Xatu might find Arcanine to have a much more electrifying personality than expected as- despite the earlier pain being shared and feeling pretty battered- he came rushing back down onto Xatu as if being told to play fetch.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

The more Aden thought about the tactic Tristen was going for, he doubted that it was about having Xatu recover. It was about crippling Arcanine so neither of them had a comfort zone or anything to take advantage of. In a way, he felt like he was playing too safe, too defensively, too caught up in wading through Tristen's various tricks. Not that any of it was bad; he just wasn't sure what else he could pull apart from punching more holes. It was going to hurt a bit, but one idea did come to mind...

"Maybe a bit more punch... Arcanine, shake it off! Wild Charge!"

Suddenly, Xatu might find Arcanine to have a much more electrifying personality than expected as- despite the earlier pain being shared and feeling pretty battered- he came rushing back down onto Xatu as if being told to play fetch.

Even with Xatu's newfound recovered vitality, it wasn't standing up to the likes of the out-of-the-blue wild charge from the likes of the massive fiery hound. "XATU!" Tristen couldn't help but to shout out. The bird would hit the ground hard, and try as it might for a few seconds to try to get back up, there was no coming back from a mighty assault like that. The Manetric hybrid then took a deep breath and recalled the Xatu off the field back into a Pokeball. "Thanks Xatu." Tristen said, looking back at the Arcanine back on the field.

"Hmm...Tristen didn't look like he expected that one." I said. "He probably had more in mind for Xatu, but Arcanine just proved too much."

"Though at the very least, Xatu did manage to wear him down a bit, it looks." Freth said.

"Probably less than what Tristen was intending." I said to her.

Furthering dampening Tristen's confidence on the matter, Castform's Sunny Day finally ran its course and eventually faded away. Tristen would be lying if he said he did all that he wanted to with that effect. Granted he could probably have it re-initiated, but considering how Aden had been pushing back on him, it probably would be a pretty bad idea. Tristen thought for a couple of seconds: Rampardos, Castform, and now Xatu out of the running, Aden lost Nidoking, Raticate, Umbreon is in pathetic order, and Arcanine, although taking a Pain Split, is still good to go. At least the good news is Umbreon wouldn't be taking advantage of the Sunny Day like he originally feared. That being said, that's minor compared to what he still is looking at. Aden still has two Pokemon unknown to him and both Arcanine and Umbreon are still legitimate threats.

Tristen pulled out another Pokeball. "Alright then, Magmar! Go!" Tristen shouted, tossing the ball out. The ball hits the battlefield and out came the walking inferno out for battle.

"Maaaaaag..." The Magmar spoke up, ready to battle. Tristen had a few thoughts in mind, but then, he had to be careful and maybe hold off on a couple of his attacks. Arcanine still had Xatu's synchronize ability. There were other means to fighting, however...

"Magmar! Use Strength!" Tristen shouted.

"Maaaaaag!" On command, the Magmar rushed for the hound in a full-on sprint and in a display of power went to grab on to the large Arcanine, eventually to lift it over the Magmar's head and drive it right into the ground.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:48 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"That went a bit better than I thought it would," Aden said, with a slight sigh. Xatu may have been one of the few Pokemon to truly leave him feeling threatened. A strong Pokemon that could cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time was one thing; there were ways to turn that strength against them. But when that Pokemon's strength was something more like Umbreon's wheelhouse, options were pretty much to either overwhelm or outplay. Other times, the Pokemon's strength turns out to literally be their Strength and it's enough to take Arcanine and suplex him into the ground.

There wasn't a remark from Aden after that. His mouth stayed agape for a moment as he tried to process what just happened, and his first thought was to try and do something about Magmar's footing before that could be done a second time; as soon as Arcanine got back to his feet, that is. "Arcanine, rock the field!" He called at once, kneeling to brace himself. "Bulldoze!"

With a bark, Arcanine began jumping and stomping down on the ground, causing the ground and stands to shake a bit. It was no Earthquake, thankfully, but it wasn't likely to be pleasant and Celebi would learn this as their decision to sit would end in them being tumbling down before flying and righting themselves.

Darts' snacks and drinks wouldn't budge an inch despite all this.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:32 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"That went a bit better than I thought it would," Aden said, with a slight sigh. Xatu may have been one of the few Pokemon to truly leave him feeling threatened. A strong Pokemon that could cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time was one thing; there were ways to turn that strength against them. But when that Pokemon's strength was something more like Umbreon's wheelhouse, options were pretty much to either overwhelm or outplay. Other times, the Pokemon's strength turns out to literally be their Strength and it's enough to take Arcanine and suplex him into the ground.

There wasn't a remark from Aden after that. His mouth stayed agape for a moment as he tried to process what just happened, and his first thought was to try and do something about Magmar's footing before that could be done a second time; as soon as Arcanine got back to his feet, that is. "Arcanine, rock the field!" He called at once, kneeling to brace himself. "Bulldoze!"

With a bark, Arcanine began jumping and stomping down on the ground, causing the ground and stands to shake a bit. It was no Earthquake, thankfully, but it wasn't likely to be pleasant and Celebi would learn this as their decision to sit would end in them being tumbling down before flying and righting themselves.

Darts' snacks and drinks wouldn't budge an inch despite all this.

While it was in fact no Earthquake attack, the attack was unexpected enough to throw Tristen off balance, right onto his rear. That said, that damage would be relatively minor compared to what Magmar was going through being so close to proximety to the Arcanine. "Maaaagmaaar!" It cried out, damage being racked up so fast, so soon, and worse still, with the tremors, it wasn't able to get a decent footing. Its general speed would be hampered by the constant tremors unleashed by the hound.

This was bad. This Arcanine is proving to be a bigger thorn in Tristen's side than he imagined it being. He needed Magmar to finish this thing now before his own fire is snuffed out. "Magmar!" Tristen shouted, getting back to his feet. "Giga Impact!" He shouted.

"Wait, what!?" I couldn't help but to exclaim.

"Is Tristen starting to get desperate?"

"Probably. Though, considering this Arcanine right now, I cannot necessarily blame him. Though this means he's wide open rather or not he succeeds or fails at this gambit. Worse, Bulldoze done a severe number on Magmar; I'm not sure if that's going to hold up." I said to Freth.

Tristen's Dragonite continued to watch the battle unfold, noting his trainer's plight. However, he wouldn't jump to his trainers aid. He couldn't. Tristen was already set in doing this. This was for him and him alone.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm
"Do you think that would work?" Keiko asked GRAY as she made her way to the training room.

"Would it hurt to try? Not like you're doing anything else at the moment. Or ever," the AI quipped in response.

"You act like everyone here should be a workaholic," Keiko huffed, starting to get irritated.

"Would that be so bad?" GRAY asked nonchalantly.

Keiko shook her head at this. "Whatever," she sighed as she opened the door to the training room... only to find Blizzard, Freth, Tristan, and someone she didn't recognize battling inside. "You could have told me people were in here, you know," Keiko told GRAY in an annoyed tone.

"You never asked," GRAY replied, sounding almost pleased with himself.

"Ugh. Fair enough," Keiko relented, That was when she noticed that something about Tristen that seemed off to her. "Did he... dye his hair?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm
Blizzard120

Tristen's desperation wouldn't be the thing that piqued Aden's interest, though it was a good play in the end; the Giga Impact's sheer power was just the finisher needed to send Arcanine's assault crashing down, and seeing him get sent to a wall from it was a strong indicator of what Magmar could do when cornered. Or Tristen for that matter... if a bit open for just about anything, something he was hoping for to capitalize on. "...you did good, Arcanine. Return for now. Umbreon!"

Opting to keep his remaining cards close to his chest, he'd recall Arcanine and send Umbreon back out. She wasn't faring much better than earlier, but now seemed like a good time to try and rectify that. "Moonlight!" As she made a pose like trying to look up to the moon and howl or something, her rings would glow and draw from.. something as her wounds began to heal a bit.

For the moment, Aden's attention would dart between Tristen and Magmar, and the Dragonite he noticed becoming awfully antsy.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm
Darksol88

Magmar just about collapsed after the sheer assault he placed upon the Arcanine, needing a moment to take a breath after the attack. The nature of the beast calling such an attack. At least the Arcanine is out of commission, Tristen thought. But then the next Pokemon ran a chill down Tristen's spine. That...was probably the worst case scenario. "Oh no..."

The Umbreon. It had to be the Umbreon. I started to see Tristen's chances, just as he did, start to slip away when the Umbreon started recovering its strength, and Magmar could do nothing about it as it sat there needing to recuperate himself after the Giga Impact. "And thus Tristen's penchant for pulling such attacks comes back to finally bite him. Now he's really in deep if he got Umbreon back out and running again."

"You think Aden anticipated Tristen calling that?" Freth asked.

"Probably not. But he knew very well to jump on an opportunity when he saw it. Now Tristen has his hands full." Tristen looked on, antsy, trying to wait on Magmar to get moving again. Given Umbreon's lack of attack power, Magmar could probably weather at least a hit from the Dark-type Eevee evolution, at least, that's what Tristen wanted to think. Unfortunately, Umbreon dealing with Rampardos told him otherwise. Tristen, on the back of his mind, knew he did have a Pokemon to deal with Umbreon if push came to shove still waiting in his party. Unfortunately, he didn't want to pull it out like this. Not this soon in the battle. He may have no choice at this rate.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:16 pm
Blizzard120

Truthfully, Aden was curious about how Tristen would handle this. Seeing the sort of tactics he could pull, the battle was feeling less like a, well, battle and more like a chess match. But snuffing out Magmar wasn't going to happen that easily; not yet, anyway. But he did have a free moment here to keep up the pressure and get a bit of momentum going, he felt. "While the chance is there, yeah... Screech!"

A loud, ear-splitting screech would come after Umbreon was done drawing in what energy she could, attempting to keep Magmar's defenses down.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:39 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Truthfully, Aden was curious about how Tristen would handle this. Seeing the sort of tactics he could pull, the battle was feeling less like a, well, battle and more like a chess match. But snuffing out Magmar wasn't going to happen that easily; not yet, anyway. But he did have a free moment here to keep up the pressure and get a bit of momentum going, he felt. "While the chance is there, yeah... Screech!"

A loud, ear-splitting screech would come after Umbreon was done drawing in what energy she could, attempting to keep Magmar's defenses down.

Tristen himself actually had to press his ears closed as the Umbreon let loose its ear-shattering screech. What was he to do though? Magmar was already in poor shape thanks to Arcanine's Bulldoze. With now this screech piercing Magmar's own defenses, even Umbreon would have relative ease finishing off Magmar. Worse still, Unlike Rampardos and Xatu, Magmar didn't have anything that could circumvent defenses, much to his dismay. Another Giga Impact? No, there'd be no point. Umbreon's defenses are just too high, even for that. That'd just give Umbreon another opportunity to use Moonlight again, and subsequently, just outright finish Magmar off.

At this point, Tristen thought, he needed to fight the long game now. He may know how. He'd in turn would have to take a page from Magmar's former trainer. "Magmar! Toxic!" It was the only thing he could come up with on the fly considering his position. He'd have to take advantage later, if he can.

"Maaag..." Magmar righted himself then unleashed a plume of the most noxious, toxic smoke from himself. Tristen remembered that Umbreon, like Xatu, tends more often than not to have Synchronize themselves, which would inflict the same kind of toxins upon Magmar. However, at this point, Magmar was on the way out. Anything was better than nothing at this point.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:44 pm
Blizzard120

Unsure if it was still desperation or trying to do some sort of mental topdecking, Aden was trying to figure out what Tristen was going for apart from doing his best to bust Umbreon's defenses. It was easy to tell he was on the defensive, trying to give himself enough time to get whatever set up he needed... even if doing so meant Umbreon's Synchronize was going to have its way with Magmar. But something told him that was part of the plan... and one he felt he could deal with, but not yet. There'd be a good time for it and he'd know when it was, he felt.

For now? "Careful, Umbreon. Guess we're a bit on borrowed time here... man, that won't not feel awkward now. Let's just go with this, then, while its defenses are down. Foul Play!" Rushing into and through the toxic smoke, Umbreon would slide to Magmar's side just before reaching him, attempting to bite down on his tail and put forth what force she could in an effort to toss him. Though the fiery Pokemon would make for an even more unpleasant experience, it wasn't likely to be worse than the toxins beginning to course through her.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Unsure if it was still desperation or trying to do some sort of mental topdecking, Aden was trying to figure out what Tristen was going for apart from doing his best to bust Umbreon's defenses. It was easy to tell he was on the defensive, trying to give himself enough time to get whatever set up he needed... even if doing so meant Umbreon's Synchronize was going to have its way with Magmar. But something told him that was part of the plan... and one he felt he could deal with, but not yet. There'd be a good time for it and he'd know when it was, he felt.

For now? "Careful, Umbreon. Guess we're a bit on borrowed time here... man, that won't not feel awkward now. Let's just go with this, then, while its defenses are down. Foul Play!" Rushing into and through the toxic smoke, Umbreon would slide to Magmar's side just before reaching him, attempting to bite down on his tail and put forth what force she could in an effort to toss him. Though the fiery Pokemon would make for an even more unpleasant experience, it wasn't likely to be worse than the toxins beginning to course through her.

Tristen's eyes narrowed as he took notice the Magmar starting to hunch over. Well, Umbreon's poisoned now, if Magmar's reaction to it all was any indicator. With Aden's attack call, Tristen very well knew the pressure was on now. He needed time himself. However much Magmar can provide. "Magmar! Protect!" Tristen called out. As the Umbreon rushed in to spell the end to Magmar, Magmar put up a dense heat-powered barrier, parrying the mighty blow from Umbreon, stepping back a couple of steps as he done so.

"Protect? Tristen is honestly trying to stall an Umbreon? Virtually a infamous king to stalling?" I asked.

"Well, at this point, Tristen is doing probably the only thing one can do when fighting an Umbreon."

"Huh?"

"Grind it down and hope for the best." Freth said. "Letting that poison do its work is probably the best thing he can do for the time being."

"Yea, I suppose so." I said.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games