Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 am
"We'll have our SNAGs on after the ceremony, though we may not be available for all hours at that point. You two ARE invited to the ceremony, by the way." Keiko explained. I didn't want to think about Leon and Ulla doing the sort of thing we'd likely be doing during our time away from the team, but he probably just didn't catch on to what we were trying to say, so I let it go without saying anything.  
Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:47 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"Think this'll work... Umbreon, brace yourself!" Aden called out, having Umbreon lean into the ground in an effort to defend herself from the oncoming attack. She'd be able to take it decently enough, at least a bit better than the Rock Slide before it and enough to still leave some fight in her. A few ideas were forming as he tried to think ahead and get a feel for what Tristen was going for, but the first matter was fending off that Rampardos before any more holes could be punched through his team.

Luckily, Umbreon was able to keep her guard up and didn't falter from the force put into Iron Head. This may just work after all, Aden thought. "Now, Umbreon! Payback!" With Rampardos just having finished the rush, Umbreon would see to using that to her advantage by attempting to tackle and overpower it in an example of trying to fight smarter compared to Rampardos' arguable 'harder.'

(Flinch chance: 1-3 flinches.)  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"Think this'll work... Umbreon, brace yourself!" Aden called out, having Umbreon lean into the ground in an effort to defend herself from the oncoming attack. She'd be able to take it decently enough, at least a bit better than the Rock Slide before it and enough to still leave some fight in her. A few ideas were forming as he tried to think ahead and get a feel for what Tristen was going for, but the first matter was fending off that Rampardos before any more holes could be punched through his team.

Luckily, Umbreon was able to keep her guard up and didn't falter from the force put into Iron Head. This may just work after all, Aden thought. "Now, Umbreon! Payback!" With Rampardos just having finished the rush, Umbreon would see to using that to her advantage by attempting to tackle and overpower it in an example of trying to fight smarter compared to Rampardos' arguable 'harder.'

(Flinch chance: 1-3 flinches.)

The Payback would hit home, rather fiercely at that. Umbreon was doing a heck of a job circumventing Rampardos already meager defenses and striking back with great force, despite Umbreon taking a Sheer Force grade Iron Head from the likes of the ancient Pokemon. Even with Umbreon's own impressive defenses, Tristen was almost sure the Iron Head attack would have spelled the end to Umbreon as well, but he was sorely mistaken. It was a point taken quite hard when the Payback smashed Rampardos square on its head, making it stumble back a few steps, then fell over backwards in a tumble coming to rest on its side. Taking the Foul Play earlier as well did Rampardos no favors either, made all the more evident when Rampardos started having trouble standing back up.

Tristen grimaced for a only a second. Aden probably knew what Tristen was thinking. After all they had the same teacher. Tristen was trying to keep to Rampardos's strengths, strengths that Aden and Umbreon actively using against Rampardos and it was working perfectly. The sight seeing his Rampardos drag itself back up, severely winded only reassured Tristen that as long as Umbreon was still out, this wasn't going to end well for Rampardos unless he could pull something right here and now. He had a lead that he did not want to waste so quickly. There wasn't any way around it, Tristen thought. Losing Rampardos was going to be inevitable. He needed Rampardos to go out swinging, though...Perhaps...maybe... "Rampardos! Endeavor!" Tristen shouted.

On the stands, Freth stared in confusion for only a brief second, looking back at me. "Endeavor?" Freth asked.

"If he can weaken Umbreon enough, then losing Rampardos might not be too crippling, and its going to be something that Umbreon's rock-solid defenses can't weather." I said to Freth. It was the only thought I could think of right off hand.

"BAWWWAA!" The Rampardos started to make his charge then lunged out towards the Umbreon in a roar of a last hurrah.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 pm
Blizzard120

Endeavor? And here Aden had thought he had a sound plan when it came to dealing with Rampardos. There was a moment of slight shock at the sudden change in attack plan, but after a moment, his surprise faded; he remembered sticking to just one strategy being drilled out of him pretty quick, let alone the unorthodox ones he came up with. Even without someone else teaching it, it was a lesson that usually was learned sooner or later. If he played his cards right, he figured he could still shift the odds ever so slightly... but Umbreon was going to have to take another hit and while the odd energy from Endeavor meant she'd still be standing, it wouldn't be by much after the punishment already given to Rampardos.

"Won't be taking that one too well... in that case, Assurance! If Rampardos keeps wanting to charge, we can both keep playing that game!"

Umbreon would meet Rampardos' charge with one of her own, both of them colliding in short order as they literally butt heads with one another.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:43 pm
Darksol88
Blizzard120

Endeavor? And here Aden had thought he had a sound plan when it came to dealing with Rampardos. There was a moment of slight shock at the sudden change in attack plan, but after a moment, his surprise faded; he remembered sticking to just one strategy being drilled out of him pretty quick, let alone the unorthodox ones he came up with. Even without someone else teaching it, it was a lesson that usually was learned sooner or later. If he played his cards right, he figured he could still shift the odds ever so slightly... but Umbreon was going to have to take another hit and while the odd energy from Endeavor meant she'd still be standing, it wouldn't be by much after the punishment already given to Rampardos.

"Won't be taking that one too well... in that case, Assurance! If Rampardos keeps wanting to charge, we can both keep playing that game!"

Umbreon would meet Rampardos' charge with one of her own, both of them colliding in short order as they literally butt heads with one another.

And butt heads they shall. However, in Rampardos's weakened condition, the ancient Pokemon couldn't help but to fall back over and hit the ground. This time...it wasn't getting up. Even when Tristen expected this to happen, his face couldn't help but to grimace from the attack. After a blazing start, it was a little surreal to see Rampardos get taken out, especially in such a fashion. However, it was what it was.

"There goes Rampardos."

"I'm a little surprised Aden is trailing like this. He should have the experience that Tristen doesn't, right?"

"That's true. Problem is, while that may be the case, Tristen had always an observant mind on a lot of things. Something that I tried to emphasize on when we trained with each other. Hell, he puts me to shame in that regard."

"Didn't you say Aden did too?"

"At one time, yea, he did. He probably still does. That said, Tristen had a different outlook on things, not unlike Tails." I said. "It makes him a fair bit more unpredictable than the standard battler, and that's probably compounded by all the fights he himself has gotten into over the past few years backing him up on that. Am I not wrong?" I then said, looking towards Tristen's Dragonite.

"Arro." The dragon noted in agreement.

"This is going to be a case of experience versus ingenuity. And so far...ingenuity is winning out."

"Tristen can't honestly think he can still pull stunts out of his rear forever, can he?" Freth asked. "Eventually Aden would be overtaking him."

"If Aden gets it in gear, then perhaps. However, we're only two Pokemon in. Its too early to say for certain yet."

Tristen would recall the fallen Rampardos, seeing that Umbreon wasn't feeling too hot itself at this point. Anything would probably drop this Umbreon easily. At least on paper, anyways. Unfortunately, be that as it may, there was also the issue of Aden's next Pokemon, which he couldn't imagine what he would have. He needed a Pokemon that could take on whatever it may be. There really wasn't a good answer to this, Tristen suddenly realized. He took a quick breath, grabbed another Pokeball, and gave it a toss. "Castform!" Tristen called out.

"Wait, seriously?" I said, a bit stunned at that call.

The ball hit the ground and in a flash, the happy jovial cloud was out floating about, ready to go. "Castform! Scald!" he shouted.

"Wait, just attacking off the bat?" Freth asked.

"And give Umbreon the chance to cripple Castform? No, he's trying to drop him now. He'll probably try to set up later." I said. Back of my mind, that is a fair play...that way he'd know the best weather to bring about on the field once he knows what he's dealing with. Again, Tristen's observant mind at work.  
Darksol88 generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 am
Blizzard120

"Smart move, going straight for the KO... but I'm afraid that's not in the books today. Umbreon, now, Baton Pass!" With the call, Aden would toss one ball into the air and have Umbreon's ready to recall her, his Pokemon passing what energy she could at the ball overhead just before being recalled. And not a second too soon, it seemed; Aden's Raticate would drop in where Umbreon was standing only seconds ago to take the Scald instead. Though it'd hurt a bit, it didn't seem to faze Raticate too much apart from wondering why he was suddenly sent out to get a heated bath from some living water hose.

"Just in time on that one. Sorry, Raticate, I had to act fast and time wasn't on my side. You alright over there?" He watched as Raticate regained his composure, chittering a bit in response that he was- for the most part- fine, but didn't appreciate the lack of warning and complained about the water being quite a bit hotter than expected. A cursory inspection was enough to show that the Scald had left a bit of a burn and it was making Raticate take a bit longer to be ready to fight, but it still sent all too many gears turning in an instant.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Just keep ready!"

(Burn chance: 1-3 burns.)  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:17 pm
Darksol88

Tristen didn't anticipate that one. Bailing Umbreon out right at the last second as he did meant that he was sure to see him later and chances are, right when he least needed him back. The only cold comfort to this was that Umbreon would still be in the pathetic shape he left in. Tristen silently hoped that he doesn't leave room to do anything for Aden to take advantage of. Once the new target arrived, Aden's Raticate, Castform soaks the rat in searing waters. Probably did better damage to it than he would have on a fresher Umbreon, and a burn to boot. Tristen started to look a bit content on that one.

I, on the other hand, knew better. "Did Raticate just get burned?" I asked.

"Oh God, are you implying..."

"Yea, I am. Aden is about to give Tristen a taste of what he went through with Rampardos."

"I wonder if Tristen actually thought about that." Freth said

"I doubt it..." I said.

Truthfully, while on the back of Tristen's mind, he did think about that, to him they were 50-50 odds that he's having to bank on right now that Raticate didn't have the Guts trait. Regardless if the rat did, Tristen was committed to Castform and what was about to come. "Castform! Sunny Day!"

With a loud squeal, the Castform fired an energy ball towards the ceiling of the expansive training room and with a burst, the field lit up with its newfound harsh light. Castform before everyone then suddenly transformed from happy little cloud to a jovial sun.

"Sunny Day...that's...different." I said.

"Really?" Freth asked.

"Tristen usually rides on Rain Dance more than he does Sunny Day. In fact...I don't ever recall him even using Sunny Day in a fight of this caliber before." I said. "He usually goes Rain Dance namely for himself, Castform, Dragonite, and his electric types."

"Hurricane and Thunder, I'm assuming." Freth said.

"Exactly. He really is trying to get out of comfort zones, isn't he?"

"Arrro." Dragonite spoke up, confirming somewhat my suspicions.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:51 pm
Blizzard120

"Really?" Freth asked.

"Tristen usually rides on Rain Dance more than he does Sunny Day. In fact...I don't ever recall him even using Sunny Day in a fight of this caliber before." I said. "He usually goes Rain Dance namely for himself, Castform, Dragonite, and his electric types."

"Too hot in here now though." Darts chimes in from near the two, throwing more popcorn at his face before taking a loud slurp from a big gulp of soda that he had also produced from... somewhere. Seriously where was he getting all this?  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:53 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Blizzard120

"Really?" Freth asked.

"Too hot in here now though." Darts chimes in from near the two, throwing more popcorn at his face before taking a loud slurp from a big gulp of soda that he had also produced from... somewhere. Seriously where was he getting all this?

Freth looked over towards Darts for a second before looking back at the battlefield, but then looked back at Darts again, realizing something. "Darts, where the hell did you get that stuff? When did you even have time!? You didn't have that when we got in here."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:39 pm
Blizzard120

Atlantis_Darts

"So... I have good news and bad news," Aden remarked as things suddenly got a lot brighter, sunnier and generally warmer. Add in a breeze and it'd be a nice summer day, he felt. Cycling through all the ideas in his head, he knew his hand would be shown one way or another. "The good news, is you burned my Raticate. The bad news, well... the bad news is that you burned my Raticate and he'll be showing you what that means. Facade!"

With some chittering and a remark about going zoom and whoosh, at least to anyone able to understand Pokemon speech, Raticate flung himself at Castform with a lot more force than what might be expected.

Back at the stands, the Celebi from earlier would pop in and steal a couple kernels of Darts' popcorn.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:41 pm
Blizzard120
When did you even have time!?
Darksol88
Back at the stands, the Celebi from earlier would pop in and steal a couple kernels of Darts' popcorn.

"Hm?" Darts asks, eating a foot-long frankfurter with mustard.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:55 pm
The 50-50 shot? Yea, didn't come up in his favor. Worse still? An attack that actually takes advantage of the fact that Raticate is burned. With a zoom and a whoosh, whirl, and whiz, the Raticate smashed right into the sunny Castform. It shrilled out in pain, hitting the ground with a few bounces. "Castform!" Tristen shouted. He looked on, worried if that was the end of his Castform so soon in the battle. Fortunately, the Castform floated back up and it wasn't smiling anymore. Too much in pain to do so. That one...really hurt. It wasn't taking another one of those, that much for certain. In fact, it wasn't taking much of anything at all. It came direly close to the shoe being on the other foot for Tristen. He couldn't believe this Raticate was able to cause that kind of catastrophic damage and he could only wonder just what kind of havoc it would bring once Castform goes down. In the back of his mind, there isn't much that he had that could resist that. Or at the very least weather the blow. He got to take it down as fast as he possibly can.

"Castform! Weather Ball!" Tristen commanded. The Castform shrilled out, straining a bit, but before it formed his weather ball which ignited with great fury. The Castform then fired the shot over towards the Raticate, hoping for some considerable damage.

"Goodness gracious." Freth spoke up.

"Great balls of fire." I finished.

"No not that. Blizzard, look." I looked away from the battle for a second, seeing the Celebi that apparently found its way in here snacking, Darts for as all I know raided a non-existant convenience stand, and me...too enthralled in the battle to figure out where the food and drinks came from. I just gave Freth a shrug like this was just another day in Snagem then looked back at the battle.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:38 pm
Blizzard120

"Well, that's gonna burn a bit," Aden remarked, watching Raticate do his best to try and avoid the attack. Emphasis on try, because eventually the sunlight caused by Sunny Day blinded him a little and led to him taking the Weather Ball. Between that and Castform blending up the perfect forecast for a hot summer day, it was safe to say Weather Ball was going to hurt a bit and Aden might not quite get the mileage he was originally hoping for. A setback, but nothing too problematic... yet, anyway.

He could see that Raticate was able to keep going, but definitely feeling a bit too hot under the weather. He'd have to make what time he had left count; another attack or much longer with that burn was bound to take its toll. "Yeah, better secure this one while I can. Quick Attack!"

Suddenly, Raticate would move in a blur, speeding towards Castform for another tackle, attempting to strike before another attack can go off.

At the stands, Celebi would give a curious glance to Freth before sneaking another kernel of popcorn and looking to the battle unfolding.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:49 pm
Darksol88

The Castform went wide eyed, unable to keep up with the rat. Tristen was barely able to, but it meant nothing since Castform wouldn't have any opportunity to guard, let alone dodge it. The gutsy Raticate smashed right into the Castform, it squealed out in pain as it once again hits the ground once more. It wasn't getting up this time.

"I'm sorry, Castform. Don't worry, you did a lot. Thanks. Return!" Tristen said, recalling the fallen castform. Freth continued to look on towards the Celebi and Darts, then just sighed, resigning to herself that she probably wasn't going to get any sort of explanation then looked back at the battlefield. She could very well see Dragonite and myself staring at the field intently, watching what kind of work Tristen put into his battling studies. Tristen himself, astoundingly, wasn't at a loss. Not yet...he actually had something in mind.

"Xatu! Go!" Tristen shouted. A third Pokeball from Tristen was tossed out upon the now sunshine beaten field, and in a flash out came Tristen's first Pokemon, the psychic bird Xatu.

"Xatu!" The bird announced his presence, his wings unfurled for a moment before bringing them back down to his side.

"Xatu? Okay, now that is a weird choice..." I said.

"I'd have to agree. Shouldn't he be using the Sunny Day? Because for sure Aden is probably bound to use it if he's able." Freth said.

My eyes narrowed, feeling like there was something that I was missing. "Xatu!" Tristen shouted. "Psychic!"

"XATU!" The birds eyes started to glow and upon the Raticate, a mighty mental blast to wreck havoc upon the rat.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 pm
Somewhere on the mountainside of Mt. Silver, Kaya could be found with his Fairy-types, dancing and partaking in spooky revelry around a huge bonfire. It didn't look like he was celebrating Halloween like the rest of the Snagems likely were tonight. Whatever he was celebrating, it looked like he and his Pokemon were having fun.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games