Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:02 pm
"Alright. Just don't get too close to her at first. Let Lucario weaken her some before you try getting too close to her," I said, making my way to the training room and motioning for Ulla to follow me.

I waited for Ulla to find me in the training room, having decided that I'd wait for her before letting Rala out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 am
"Curious." Sub whispered to himself as he sat behind his desk, staring at his computer screen. He had been up here for awhile, originally going over some reports he had back logged concerning the situation in Unova and Kalos since the war. However GRAY had sent him a new report concerning something else of interest and since then it alone has seized his attention. Whatever it was it was something that made him want to find Ryan.

"Ryan? You here? If so come up to my office." Sub called out from the building's intercom system.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:50 am
SubonicXP
"Curious." Sub whispered to himself as he sat behind his desk, staring at his computer screen. He had been up here for awhile, originally going over some reports he had back logged concerning the situation in Unova and Kalos since the war. However GRAY had sent him a new report concerning something else of interest and since then it alone has seized his attention. Whatever it was it was something that made him want to find Ryan.

"Ryan? You here? If so come up to my office." Sub called out from the building's intercom system.

Ryan had just finished with all the maps when he heard Sub's summons. "What now?" the channeler mutters as he gathers up the scrolls and takes them with him. He wasn't about to leave such things just lying around. And besides, they needed to be returned from where he got them.

Ryan knocks on Sub's door before entering. "You rang?" the channeler would quip with a grin.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:11 am
RCCaughtem

Ryan knocks on Sub's door before entering. "You rang?" the channeler would quip with a grin.

"Yes, I did. Come in and sit down." Sub said to Ryan as he appeared, gesturing for him to sit in the chair on the other side of his desk. "I have some information you may find of interest. I decided to check in on our friend Varuna, to see how he was doing after Black City. Before I tell you what I found out, tell me, when was the last time you saw Varuna?" He asked the Channeler.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:27 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Yes, I did. Come in and sit down." Sub said to Ryan as he appeared, gesturing for him to sit in the chair on the other side of his desk. "I have some information you may find of interest. I decided to check in on our friend Varuna, to see how he was doing after Black City. Before I tell you what I found out, tell me, when was the last time you saw Varuna?" He asked the Channeler.

Ryan's mood would change upon the mention of his former master. He slowly takes a seat. "I didn't even know Varuna was at Black City. Last time I saw him, he was running as fast he could from the fight between old man dragon and that Houndoom hybrid over in Sinnoh. Lykas and I both tried to confront him then, but he evaded and avoided both of us." Ryan explains to Sub. "So what of him? " the channeler would inquire with a glance. There was obviously no love between former student and master.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 am
RCCaughtem

Ryan's mood would change upon the mention of his former master. He slowly takes a seat. "I didn't even know Varuna was at Black City. Last time I saw him, he was running as fast he could from the fight between old man dragon and that Houndoom hybrid over in Sinnoh. Lykas and I both tried to confront him then, but he evaded and avoided both of us." Ryan explains to Sub. "So what of him? " the channeler would inquire with a glance. There was obviously no love between former student and master.

"Heh, so you didn't know then. Funny. I wonder then if he really intended to save those people instead of just doing it for show..." Sub pondered to himself, leaving Ryan in the dark on what he was talking but soon enough he would answer that question without even being asked. "Well back during the Battle for Black City, before Flare made it into the city proper, Varuna docked his ship in Undella Bay and made his way to Black City where he aided in the evacuation of the city, allowing numerous citizens to board his ship and transported them to Humilau City for safety." He began to explain.

"Once the city was evacuated he returned and joined in on the fighting alongside Plasma, Magma and the others on our side. Unfortunately it would seem the self proclaimed Grand Master bit off more than he could chew and in spite of the numerous victories he racked up was eventually wounded in the fighting. My reports it happened while taking on not one but three Channelers under Flare's banner. He ended up killing all three but at a cost. Like usual he set off to return to heal his wounds with Kyogre's Tears, his body wholly dependent on them now. However it would seem someone else was watching him..." He explained, turning the monitor around to show him an image of some strange symbol carved into ancient looking stone.

"Ever heard of the Zilal Al'ard? The Shadows of the Earth. An ancient group of Ground Channelers, once known for being under the command of the ancient sun worshiping kingdom that made their home in Desert Resort. Body guards to the monarchy they were, officially at least. In reality they were assassins, some of the most deadly ones the word has ever known. In fact it's claimed the word assassin comes from their ancient language, the original title of the Zilal Al'ard. Any who, why the history lesson? Because the Zilal Al'ard are still very much a thing and they now want the nigh immortal Varuna dead." The man informed Ryan.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Heh, so you didn't know then. Funny. I wonder then if he really intended to save those people instead of just doing it for show..." Sub pondered to himself, leaving Ryan in the dark on what he was talking but soon enough he would answer that question without even being asked. "Well back during the Battle for Black City, before Flare made it into the city proper, Varuna docked his ship in Undella Bay and made his way to Black City where he aided in the evacuation of the city, allowing numerous citizens to board his ship and transported them to Humilau City for safety." He began to explain.

"Once the city was evacuated he returned and joined in on the fighting alongside Plasma, Magma and the others on our side. Unfortunately it would seem the self proclaimed Grand Master bit off more than he could chew and in spite of the numerous victories he racked up was eventually wounded in the fighting. My reports it happened while taking on not one but three Channelers under Flare's banner. He ended up killing all three but at a cost. Like usual he set off to return to heal his wounds with Kyogre's Tears, his body wholly dependent on them now. However it would seem someone else was watching him..." He explained, turning the monitor around to show him an image of some strange symbol carved into ancient looking stone.

"Ever heard of the Zilal Al'ard? The Shadows of the Earth. An ancient group of Ground Channelers, once known for being under the command of the ancient sun worshiping kingdom that made their home in Desert Resort. Body guards to the monarchy they were, officially at least. In reality they were assassins, some of the most deadly ones the word has ever known. In fact it's claimed the word assassin comes from their ancient language, the original title of the Zilal Al'ard. Any who, why the history lesson? Because the Zilal Al'ard are still very much a thing and they now want the nigh immortal Varuna dead." The man informed Ryan.

"Trying to redeem himself when he is long past such things." Ryan spat with a bit venom to his tone. He despised the idea of Varuna doing things to win back favor amongst the people.

Ryan frowned for a moment and listened to the story. "If I have heard of them, it was only in rumor in texts as old as they are. And these assassin's, these ground channelers want Varuna dead? Why? I may despise my former master, but his death would bring me little solace." Ryan informs Sub before posing his question. Though, a nagging thought was starting to creep into the back of his mind that he was finding rather unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 am
RCCaughtem

"Trying to redeem himself when he is long past such things." Ryan spat with a bit venom to his tone. He despised the idea of Varuna doing things to win back favor amongst the people.

Ryan frowned for a moment and listened to the story. "If I have heard of them, it was only in rumor in texts as old as they are. And these assassin's, these ground channelers want Varuna dead? Why? I may despise my former master, but his death would bring me little solace." Ryan informs Sub before posing his question. Though, a nagging thought was starting to creep into the back of his mind that he was finding rather unpleasant.

"Because he stole the name of Grand Master." Sub answered rather simply. "You see, Varuna was never even in line for the title. It's one thing if a pupil murders his master to assume the title more quickly. They are still the chosen heir even if they assumed it through unsavory ways. However Varuna was never taught by the last legitimate Grand Water Master, who was in fact a Kreek Water Channeler. Because of the Kreek's wholesale disappearance in the Great Fog Calamity a proper successor could never be declared. Even I'm not one hundred percent certain what became of the last true Grand Water Master but all we can confirm is they passed on without a living successor, or any pupils. Thus the line was completely severed. In such cases there are ways to declare a new legitimate Grand Master but Varuna chose not to take that path and assumed it himself and has held it illegitimately since." He explained.

"The Zilal Al'ard were given the sacred duty to closely watch the transfer of the Grand Master titles you see. They aren't just names, after all. No, the title of Grand Master carries with it a sort of unseen power. It's hard to explain and even I am not completely certain on the eccentricities behind it all. However the title of Grand Master is sacred and powerful enough that the Zilal Al'ard will kill to protect it. They have known of Varuna's existence for some time, how he has managed to allude them all this time or why they choose now to take him out I do not know. There are still many questions to be answered but the important parts are as follows, in summary; Varuna is an illegitimate Grand Water Master. The Zilal Al'ard oversee the transfer of and protect the Grand Master titles. Since Varuna is not the rightful holder of Grand Master they now want him dead and are preventing him from returning to the fountain and the Kyogre's Tears." He wrapped things up for Ryan.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Because he stole the name of Grand Master." Sub answered rather simply. "You see, Varuna was never even in line for the title. It's one thing if a pupil murders his master to assume the title more quickly. They are still the chosen heir even if they assumed it through unsavory ways. However Varuna was never taught by the last legitimate Grand Water Master, who was in fact a Kreek Water Channeler. Because of the Kreek's wholesale disappearance in the Great Fog Calamity a proper successor could never be declared. Even I'm not one hundred percent certain what became of the last true Grand Water Master but all we can confirm is they passed on without a living successor, or any pupils. Thus the line was completely severed. In such cases there are ways to declare a new legitimate Grand Master but Varuna chose not to take that path and assumed it himself and has held it illegitimately since." He explained.

"The Zilal Al'ard were given the sacred duty to closely watch the transfer of the Grand Master titles you see. They aren't just names, after all. No, the title of Grand Master carries with it a sort of unseen power. It's hard to explain and even I am not completely certain on the eccentricities behind it all. However the title of Grand Master is sacred and powerful enough that the Zilal Al'ard will kill to protect it. They have known of Varuna's existence for some time, how he has managed to allude them all this time or why they choose now to take him out I do not know. There are still many questions to be answered but the important parts are as follows, in summary; Varuna is an illegitimate Grand Water Master. The Zilal Al'ard oversee the transfer of and protect the Grand Master titles. Since Varuna is not the rightful holder of Grand Master they now want him dead and are preventing him from returning to the fountain and the Kyogre's Tears." He wrapped things up for Ryan.

Stole? Varuna wasn't even the Grand Master he claimed to be!? Now Ryan's mood was thoroughly sour. The lies had been bad enough. Now? they were just made far worse! " And let me guess? I just can't let those assassins do their duty, can I? After all the betrayals and lies, not only to me but back to Ancient times as well? Tell me exactly why it is that I must spare his miserable life?!" the channeler rants as he raises to his feet, his distaste for this quite apparent.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:09 am
RCCaughtem

Stole? Varuna wasn't even the Grand Master he claimed to be!? Now Ryan's mood was thoroughly sour. The lies had been bad enough. Now? they were just made far worse! " And let me guess? I just can't let those assassins do their duty, can I? After all the betrayals and lies, not only to me but back to Ancient times as well? Tell me exactly why it is that I must spare his miserable life?!" the channeler rants as he raises to his feet, his distaste for this quite apparent.

"I'm not the one you should be asking all that." Sub said as he leaned back in his chair. "Varuna is the last of the old Gyaan, perhaps the only living person who knows the truth of the Gyaan. You were able to dig up old man Xandros' vault and even briefly speak to his spirit. You got plenty of material to work with the uncover the secrets of the Kreek. Lykas however only has old folk tales passed down to the modern day descendants of the Gyaan royalty, the tales no doubt very biased and skewed over the centuries. I wonder how he would feel if Varuna just up and died before he had a chance to actually get anything of substance out of him..." He said with a shrug.

"It's your choice as far as I see it, you the successor of the Kreek. Tell Lykas and perhaps Varuna has a better chance of surviving this ordeal. Say nothing and he'll certainly die, and thus the Kreek will finally have their due vengeance against the pretender who tried to write them out of history. The choice is yours."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"I'm not the one you should be asking all that." Sub said as he leaned back in his chair. "Varuna is the last of the old Gyaan, perhaps the only living person who knows the truth of the Gyaan. You were able to dig up old man Xandros' vault and even briefly speak to his spirit. You got plenty of material to work with the uncover the secrets of the Kreek. Lykas however only has old folk tales passed down to the modern day descendants of the Gyaan royalty, the tales no doubt very biased and skewed over the centuries. I wonder how he would feel if Varuna just up and died before he had a chance to actually get anything of substance out of him..." He said with a shrug.

"It's your choice as far as I see it, you the successor of the Kreek. Tell Lykas and perhaps Varuna has a better chance of surviving this ordeal. Say nothing and he'll certainly die, and thus the Kreek will finally have their due vengeance against the pretender who tried to write them out of history. The choice is yours."

Ryan falls silent. "Guess I need to find Lykas." is all the channeler says before departing Sub's office. It may seem that the choice had been made, but there was still many a thing to be seen before it was known Ryan's true intentions.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:32 pm
RCCaughtem
Ryan falls silent. "Guess I need to find Lykas." is all the channeler says before departing Sub's office. It may seem that the choice had been made, but there was still many a thing to be seen before it was known Ryan's true intentions.

"You won't need to look very far." Lykas replied from behind Ryan. Apparently he'd come along as well when Sub summoned the water Channeler. He'd been standing outside the door listening in, hoping Sub had some dirt on Varuna. "Before you start, you're right. Varuna really doesn't deserve to be saved. But I have a plan that requires him to stay alive for a while longer." He told Ryan. He'd wandered off to ponder new information after his and Ryan's discussion over the maps and with Sub's information, he now had a better idea of what needed to be done.

"We're in unique positions, you and I." He pointed out to Ryan, hopefully the Channeler wasn't too riled up to realize what he meant. "This blood feud between the Kreek and the Gyaan needs to stop before a new Grand Water Master is named. Otherwise what will stop our ancestor's feud from continuing after us?" He asked. He might not be the most stable person out there but when it came to strategy, he could plan fairly well when he wanted.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
RCCaughtem

"You won't need to look very far." Lykas replied from behind Ryan. Apparently he'd come along as well when Sub summoned the water Channeler. He'd been standing outside the door listening in, hoping Sub had some dirt on Varuna. "Before you start, you're right. Varuna really doesn't deserve to be saved. But I have a plan that requires him to stay alive for a while longer." He told Ryan. He'd wandered off to ponder new information after his and Ryan's discussion over the maps and with Sub's information, he now had a better idea of what needed to be done.

"We're in unique positions, you and I." He pointed out to Ryan, hopefully the Channeler wasn't too riled up to realize what he meant. "This blood feud between the Kreek and the Gyaan needs to stop before a new Grand Water Master is named. Otherwise what will stop our ancestor's feud from continuing after us?" He asked. He might not be the most stable person out there but when it came to strategy, he could plan fairly well when he wanted.

Well, Ryan hadn't expected that. Ryan feels a bit of his blood cool as some of his curiosity made him follow Lykas. Ryan takes a deep breath before speaking. "Aye. More generations than worth counting of ancestors, and probably equal that after us if we don't. But Varuna cannot just go unpunished for his actions. He has lied and deceived his way through the many years, keeping it so there couldn't be this opportunity. And he was well intent to keep it so with you and me as well." Ryan says slowly as he made sure not to get worked up again.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 pm
RCCaughtem

"Exactly. He will get his comeuppance." Lykas replied. "There is no questioning that. But for this to end, the two of us need to take up the mantle of our ancestors." It should be obvious what he meant but just in case, he clarified.

"I need to find the sign of royal birthright and take Varuna's throne. You need to figure out how to ascend to that status with the Kreek. If we can come together as modern kings of our people, we can call a true and proper peace treaty." He stated, though it made his own blood boil to consider that. He'd never considered that he would ever be anything more than the pirate he'd often dreamed of as a child and, honestly, the idea of being a king sickened him. But who said he couldn't become a pirate king?

"More importantly... There's the matter of us after that's all done." Ryan had to know what that meant by that. If what Sub said was true, then there would be a final test beyond the end of their training and ending Varuna's feud.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
RCCaughtem

"Exactly. He will get his comeuppance." Lykas replied. "There is no questioning that. But for this to end, the two of us need to take up the mantle of our ancestors." It should be obvious what he meant but just in case, he clarified.

"I need to find the sign of royal birthright and take Varuna's throne. You need to figure out how to ascend to that status with the Kreek. If we can come together as modern kings of our people, we can call a true and proper peace treaty." He stated, though it made his own blood boil to consider that. He'd never considered that he would ever be anything more than the pirate he'd often dreamed of as a child and, honestly, the idea of being a king sickened him. But who said he couldn't become a pirate king?

"More importantly... There's the matter of us after that's all done." Ryan had to know what that meant by that. If what Sub said was true, then there would be a final test beyond the end of their training and ending Varuna's feud.

"I will have to talk to Xandros more on the issue. I am easily recognized as a Warrior, but King? That may or may not be a simple issue. As for that second matter at hand, there really is only one solution. We both need to be recognized. Our ways and people are as unique as we are. Grand Master of Water has to be both: Channeler and Hybrid. Kreek and Gyaan. Water flows in many different ways, and we have to be able to offer that to anyone who seeks to follow in our footsteps.But we can cross that bridge when the time comes. First, Varuna." Ryan expresses to Lykas, hoping that the hybrid would consider his idea.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games