Books
  Movies
  Gold :)
View Results

Josette0688

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:10 pm
Fallen Angel Louis
chibi_kasumi_108
I know plenty of people disagree but Queen of the Damned was a really crappy movie. It totally misrepresented the book, which is actually good and somewhat philisophical. Not the campy s**t they made it out to be. But it's one of my favorite books so I guess I'm just prejuduce.

THAT MOVIE SUCKS!!!!

I love the movie but it is NOTHING like the book they took the vampire lestat and queen of the damned and made one movie out of it and the hair!!!! the hair is so wrong it made me so sad and armand had a bigger part and where is louis???? sorry slightly venting sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 am
I love the LOTR movies and they were awesome but the books were better.  

poisonivy947

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

ToxicLatte

Dapper Phantom

6,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am
I usually prefer the books, but sometimes, very rarely, I prefer the movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am
I must say I haven't found a movie I've enjoyed more than the book, but they need to make a movie out of David Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorean.  

Cynical Kawaii Assassin

insane and broken

7,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:07 am
great example...

i love stephin king the only author i read anymore but when they make them into movies they usually suck horribly though i'd like to The Cell into a movie if they havent done it yet though i'm sure they have to name it something a little different cuz there was already a cell movie not about cell phones lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:33 am
books are definitely hte best. i 've read almost all of the book "Eragon" and its awesome, but the movie is the crappiest hting in the world  

Empresss Spiral

BumbleBee138

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:35 pm
Naiad9
generally, i prefer books over movies. more often than not, the movies suck and totally change the story. eragon is the worst i've ever seen. i guess the harry potter movies are alright, but they could have been better. movies are intriguing, but you get tired of them eventually.books are much more fun. and i find that you can read them five times over and still enjoy the book. couldn't do that with a movie, no matter how good it was. wink

i agree especially with hp, u can read them over and over again and you'll always find something you've missed before. my sister has read the 6th hp book 32 times and always finds something new! movies ha ha they wish! ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:37 pm
Empresss Spiral
books are definitely hte best. i 've read almost all of the book "Eragon" and its awesome, but the movie is the crappiest hting in the world

i saw that movie and hated it, i thought i didn't even deserved 2 b named Eragon, until i learned that they were 2 different 2 compare, then i loved it! ninja  

BumbleBee138

andiemaeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:45 pm
I tend to prefer books over movies, mainly because with half of the movies I've seen in my lifetime, I've read the book that either accompanied it or was written some years prior to the film, before I've had a chance to see the movie. I mainly owe this to the fact that I am hearing impaired and generally watch most movies with subtitles.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:07 pm
BumbleBee138
Naiad9
generally, i prefer books over movies. more often than not, the movies suck and totally change the story. eragon is the worst i've ever seen. i guess the harry potter movies are alright, but they could have been better. movies are intriguing, but you get tired of them eventually.books are much more fun. and i find that you can read them five times over and still enjoy the book. couldn't do that with a movie, no matter how good it was. wink

i agree especially with hp, u can read them over and over again and you'll always find something you've missed before. my sister has read the 6th hp book 32 times and always finds something new! movies ha ha they wish! ninja

You're right there. We can read a book over and over again and almost always find something new or something that we'd forgotten or didn't think was that important. Whereas in visual media such as television and film, our attention is usually drawn to something being important through camera angles, which I feel kinda give the game away as it were. When we're reading we generally have to discover and work out what's important for ourselves.  

andiemaeve

pandaeyes05

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:16 am
I think books are better than movies because it's far more detailed and complete... because in movies, of course they only show the most significant parts of the book so you don't really know some events that aren't important enough to get into the movie but still really good parts... and also, If it's a book, if you're... for example, 50 yrs. old... and you want to reread your favorite book... it will be easier because you know it's just there on your bookshelf... unlike movies, it's really hard to find in your stash or in rentals and stores...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:57 pm
The books are nearly always better. You get to immagine what the things would really look like!  

Jade Ruby

Shirtless Gekko

[Rogue]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:45 pm
I think movies have their merits, even if they have a tendency to screw up the books they're based off of, but I do like, in general, the books better. Though, I do own, I like the fifth Harry Potter movie much better than the book. Order of the Pheonix was... well, not a very good book, especially when compared to the others (the final in particular). In general, the movies do not pair up to the books. They're wonderful in there own ways, but never as good as the original.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:27 pm
Well, since everyone is giving books that were better than movies, I'm going to give a movie that pwned its book.

Howl's Moving Castle

Movie: epic win
Book: "WTF was that? Seriously, what just happened?"

(my reactions to both)  

songsilence

Original Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Zyv Dreya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 pm
books are defidentally better than movies. every once in a while, they will remake a book into a movie and it will work (The Lord Of The Rings is the best possible example) but most of the time it just bombs. (I'm looking at you, Eragon!)

JRR Tolkeins books made great movies, and most of the books-made-movie were okay at best, but when it gets right down to it, i have seen way more "remakes" and Eragons (AKA bombs) than origional and great ideas with movies. also, with books, you can imagine the whole book in your head better than a movie.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff