Are you pentecostal?
  yes
  no
View Results

Xaerne Veirylle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:30 pm
Efstathios
Meh, what defines a good Christian?

I rather liked C.S. Lewis's "Mere Christianity" Because he made a strong case for it, and though I don't agree with him completely ( I have an issue with gender roles) I respect his opinions, they're sound and logical.

You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person anyway, but you've probably figured that out already.

I love that book!...I still have to finish it, though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:46 pm
EQ is your emotional quotient. Its how well you get along with people. (Basically)  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:25 pm
Iron_Felix
EQ is your emotional quotient. Its how well you get along with people. (Basically)

Oh, I've never heard of that, sounds cool though. I'd either score very high or very low. Usually I'm nice, but if someone gets on my nerves there's no way.

Veirylle, you should finish it, it's a pretty good book. You may want to read something by the opposition though for a more balanced picture.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:10 am
I score 'high' on most tests....  

Iron_Felix

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:19 pm
I'm not pentecostal or specifically Christian, but I'd think that God was in every one of those things to be honest. xd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:18 pm
I'm glad to hear that you think that.  

Iron_Felix

PiaoLiang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:37 pm
I would classisfy my self as none of the above...basically non-denominational, if only because I don't think one needs a group of proffessionals to tell them what they should get out of the Bible and what to expect from God. Oh well, I've never really liked the whole "corporate church" thing anyways, it is way to suffocating in my opinion. Of course, this is all just my humble opinion though, to each his own. Have a nice day.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm
One of my methodist friends informed me that one of my beliefs resembled something he'd heard of Satanism, and that he himself shared this belief.

More or less that people are responsible for their own actions, the devil doesn't make people do evil things. rolleyes

As a result, I looked more into Satanism, I still don't know enough, but it's very interesting. It has characteristics of Shamanism, Wicca, Agnosticism, Deism, Neo-paganism, Rosicrucian mythology, etc.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:58 pm
I'll have to read more into it aswell. Funny thing, I haven't actually read into Satanism at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 pm
Iron_Felix
I'll have to read more into it aswell. Funny thing, I haven't actually read into Satanism at all.

There are several varieties of Satanism, but the one most popular (actual Satanism as opposed to deital satanism) is basically a bunch of egotystical bastards. It's very similar to the "Evil Genie Theory".

Dieital Satanism makes a lot more sense to christians, as it is basically a complete faith in Christian dogma, except they believe that poor Lucipher got screwed out of a happy life by an overbearing parent. Most Deital satanists have done a lot of research on varying historical and religious documents other then the bible, at least those that I've met.

I wasn't raised Christian, and thankfully, I haven't had the negitive experiences with it that a lot of my friends have had. Most of the christians I know have been Catholic, and I have a deep respect for their religion, along with their savior. I've no reason to disbelieve him, and I have read the Bible that I was given cover to cover, along with many other books of the time period, and I have to say; Jesus is cool. He was a level headed, down to earth, good guy. And I will always feel so sorry for everything that happened to him, and have a deep respect for his story and the terrible lession he tried so hard to teach. However, I do have a great annoyance at those who try to turn his message of love into one of hate, as is oft seen in my area (Ky, US).  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 pm
I'd never heard of deital Satanism, that's interesting.

I haven't been able to learn much about satanism. One source said that Satanists don't believe in the Satan of the Bible, but that their Satan is a more carnal deity and isn't worshipped.
The most important holiday in Satanism is the birthday of the individual Satanist. So, like you said, egotistical.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:58 pm
Iron_Felix
You dont respect religious people? What about John Paul II? He did great things.
you're a relgious christian and yet you have slayer in your siggy? this i don't get  

Vampire_chick92

Vampire_chick92

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:06 pm
satanists are kool so bohyah!  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 pm
you know that thing with the swords on that slayer picture is a pentagram right? its very satanic  

Vampire_chick92

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 pm
I never said I was Christian. I was raised a Catholic, but I believe in many different things. For instance, I share that belief that Lucifer was shut down by God when he wanted a little freedom. I listen to Slayer because Slayer is one of the greatest Metal bands of all time. I love metal. I love its message. Its real message.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff