Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 39: Spirituality.
beliving in spirts or not Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever-Changing Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:02 pm
I do, but I can't prove it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:45 pm
And you think any of us can? Well, outside of actually showing it?  

Iron_Felix

VOZHD

3,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:27 pm
I believe in ghosts/spirits a lot. A few years ago I was just half and half on thinking they existed though. I was open to the idea that they aren't real but also open to the idea that they are real. Now I fully believe in them though because of some experiences I had:

Quote:
I'm the only one that has a bedroom on the top floor of my house and beside my room there's a metal, spiral, staircase that was built to be a fire escape and it leads down to a little office.
One of the nights I was asleep I kept hearing these finger nail clicking noises on the metal steps and it got annoying. Finally I just said "stop it!" as loud as I could but without waking anyone else up. It stopped for a couple seconds but then started happening faster and a lot louder. I ended up watching t.v. for the next couple hours until it stopped and I could finally go to bed again.
The last one was when I was sitting at the computer in the den and in the den is a door behind my computer table that leads to the stairs to my bedroom. And the door is always closed and latched so that my cats can't pry the door open and get upstairs. While I was typing I heard this huge sound like someone was throwing themselves against the other side of the door and I thought my dad was home and the latch was messed up again (it gets hard to open in winter and hard to close in summer) so I ignored it. Then finally I heard the 6th or 7th crash against the door and it flung open, I saw a guy walking out of it from the corner of my eye and thought it was my dad just turning a corner and going into the living room when it went out of sight. Then my mom came over from the living room and said "You're downstairs?" And I said yeah, then she got this weird look on her face and said "I thought you were the one making all that noise on the door." I told her "No it was dad wasn't it?" She told me he had left about 2 hours ago for work. Then we both just looked at the door with these freaked out looks on our faces cause the door weas still swung open really wide.
My mom thinks the upstairs part of the house is haunted by her sister. Because I look so much like her (it freaks out our neighboors too) and cause she died as a teen and lived upstairs in an old room beside mine. That and after she died my mom would wake up and her sisters bed (it was next to hers in the same room) would have the blankets all messed up as if someone had slept in it. I mostly think its just a friend of mine who died about 2 weeks before the sounds and everything started up though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 am
well i must say that would be an unnerving experience.

i have a friend who swears something throws books at him from upstairs, when he's at the bottom of the stairs.

it's hard to explain, unless you have big angry rats or something  

chessiejo

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:08 am
Be glad you havent been attacked. It sounds to me that you have a few low level Poltergeist's in your home. Try not to do anything that might piss them off, or they could kill you and your mother. Poltergeist's are weird like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 am
Musical Rainbow Giraffe
I believe in ghosts/spirits a lot. A few years ago I was just half and half on thinking they existed though. I was open to the idea that they aren't real but also open to the idea that they are real. Now I fully believe in them though because of some experiences I had:

Quote:
I'm the only one that has a bedroom on the top floor of my house and beside my room there's a metal, spiral, staircase that was built to be a fire escape and it leads down to a little office.
One of the nights I was asleep I kept hearing these finger nail clicking noises on the metal steps and it got annoying. Finally I just said "stop it!" as loud as I could but without waking anyone else up. It stopped for a couple seconds but then started happening faster and a lot louder. I ended up watching t.v. for the next couple hours until it stopped and I could finally go to bed again.
The last one was when I was sitting at the computer in the den and in the den is a door behind my computer table that leads to the stairs to my bedroom. And the door is always closed and latched so that my cats can't pry the door open and get upstairs. While I was typing I heard this huge sound like someone was throwing themselves against the other side of the door and I thought my dad was home and the latch was messed up again (it gets hard to open in winter and hard to close in summer) so I ignored it. Then finally I heard the 6th or 7th crash against the door and it flung open, I saw a guy walking out of it from the corner of my eye and thought it was my dad just turning a corner and going into the living room when it went out of sight. Then my mom came over from the living room and said "You're downstairs?" And I said yeah, then she got this weird look on her face and said "I thought you were the one making all that noise on the door." I told her "No it was dad wasn't it?" She told me he had left about 2 hours ago for work. Then we both just looked at the door with these freaked out looks on our faces cause the door weas still swung open really wide.
My mom thinks the upstairs part of the house is haunted by her sister. Because I look so much like her (it freaks out our neighboors too) and cause she died as a teen and lived upstairs in an old room beside mine. That and after she died my mom would wake up and her sisters bed (it was next to hers in the same room) would have the blankets all messed up as if someone had slept in it. I mostly think its just a friend of mine who died about 2 weeks before the sounds and everything started up though.

Duke University in North carolina has an endowed program for the study of the paranormal.

if you check them out they may be able to give you some links and resources.  

chessiejo

VOZHD

3,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:04 am
chessiejo
Musical Rainbow Giraffe

Quote:

Duke University in North carolina has an endowed program for the study of the paranormal.

if you check them out they may be able to give you some links and resources.

I'm not sure if I'd need resources for it, I don't the weird stuff happens often enough for me to figure much out either. The last thing ever occured in my room was a few months ago when it kept pushing the bottom of my foot while I was trying to sleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:07 pm
I will NOT be studied by a university.  

Iron_Felix

JohnnyK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:02 pm
of course, well i don't call them ghosts, they all demons. they're everywhere, and spiritual warfare is going on all the time. did you know the government has the united states under mind control!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:56 pm
Only a few are demons, and those are the ones that posses you. Only about 3% of all spirits are demons.  

Iron_Felix

chessiejo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:28 am
JohnnyK
of course, well i don't call them ghosts, they all demons. they're everywhere, and spiritual warfare is going on all the time. did you know the government has the united states under mind control!

if you mean the government manipulates the media to sway public opinion, then i'm sure that goes on all the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:28 pm
Nope. It's a stupid idea. Things happen, and we don't know how. We make up something to explain it. People die, the get buried, and rot. Their 'spirit' dies with them. Their brain rots. Probably first too.  

Aar000n3yTheL000n3y

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:22 pm
Some spirits pass on to an afterlife, but most stay here on earth. I respect your beliefs, but what I said is the truth.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:36 pm
Hi i believe in ghosts but i believe in spirits at the same time because when i was little i saw the ghost of my grandma standing over me and ever since ive been confuseed between ghosts and spirits i know the difference but i dont know how to know wether its a spirit or a ghost??? i it that 1 is evil and 1 isnt??lol coz i dont get it...sum 1 help lol!.  

yupi_2036

chessiejo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:40 pm
Aar000n3yTheL000n3y
Nope. It's a stupid idea. Things happen, and we don't know how. We make up something to explain it. People die, the get buried, and rot. Their 'spirit' dies with them. Their brain rots. Probably first too.

but what you say is based on a materialistic presupposition, isn't it?

it's almost impossible to prove a negative, so saying "there is no soul" or "no soul can survive death": may be an ideological polemic but it is not debatable proof.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff