Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
War on "Terror" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The War on "Terror" is...
  Not what we were told it was.
  A complete lie made to complete a hidden agenda.
  being fought for a good reason.
  other (please post)
  poll whore (I have no opinions)
View Results

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:47 pm
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
This "War on Terror" is a peice of S*&$ and Bush can go to H*$$ for all I care. He is killing inocent soldiers for no reason. And now that it is calming down he is kieeping them there for longer periods of time and giving them less time at home to be with their families. What I want is to see Bush go over to Iraq and fight his F*$&ing "War of Terror" himself! All he is doing is probably what "Daddy" told him to do, finish what his dad started!

God I hate Bush!!!

Please read the thread.

And to be accurate Bush HAS been there, but it's okay, just keep on compiling lines from a bunch of punk-rock songs to form your political education

I will not be insulted and sure he has been there. Bush Has been there to give them longer stays in Iraq. He Has been there keeping them there and when they do come home giving them nothing.
And what do you care about MY polotical education. I am going off Moral Education.
And lets all agree that this "War" is pointless.

Yes, if only we all WOULD agree I'm sure you would be satisfied.

Keeping them there? Like okay, these are SOLDIERS, right? He's not just taking 10% of the population or something and sending them all to some God-forsaken desert to die, baby-sitters, mechanics, carpenters and farmers... these people are not drafted... they are JOINING the military forces BECAUSE they want to fight in a war for their country. You are one of many who act like the soldiers in Iraq are poor mistreated Americans who are forced to fight when they would rather be working in a convenience store. Hell, no-one's "keeping them there" for Christ's sake, they can leave whenever they want to. And what's this about giving them nothing? Umm, "nothing" is not exactly the term I'd use to describe the benefits of being in the American Armed Forces, including having your education paid for by the government and a very pretty penny on top of that. It gives them EVERYTHING -- a future and significant role in society. Not to mention a nice restricted firearms license...

Anyway you are right about one thing -- I don't care about your polotical education

(iironyyyyyyyyy)  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:08 am
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
This "War on Terror" is a peice of S*&$ and Bush can go to H*$$ for all I care. He is killing inocent soldiers for no reason. And now that it is calming down he is kieeping them there for longer periods of time and giving them less time at home to be with their families. What I want is to see Bush go over to Iraq and fight his F*$&ing "War of Terror" himself! All he is doing is probably what "Daddy" told him to do, finish what his dad started!

God I hate Bush!!!

Please read the thread.

And to be accurate Bush HAS been there, but it's okay, just keep on compiling lines from a bunch of punk-rock songs to form your political education

I will not be insulted and sure he has been there. Bush Has been there to give them longer stays in Iraq. He Has been there keeping them there and when they do come home giving them nothing.
And what do you care about MY polotical education. I am going off Moral Education.

Keeping them there? Like okay, these are SOLDIERS, right? He's not just taking 10% of the population or something and sending them all to some God-forsaken desert to die, baby-sitters, mechanics, carpenters and farmers... these people are not drafted... they are JOINING the military forces BECAUSE they want to fight in a war for their country. You are one of many who act like the soldiers in Iraq are poor mistreated Americans who are forced to fight when they would rather be working in a convenience store. Hell, no-one's "keeping them there" for Christ's sake, they can leave whenever they want to. And what's this about giving them nothing? Umm, "nothing" is not exactly the term I'd use to describe the benefits of being in the American Armed Forces, including having your education paid for by the government and a very pretty penny on top of that. It gives them EVERYTHING -- a future and significant role in society. Not to mention a nice restricted firearms license...

Anyway you are right about one thing -- I don't care about your polotical education

(iironyyyyyyyyy)

The nothing is that the benefits that are given to a soldier are being forgotten and they are left with not promiced college education, no job waiting for them when they get back. Sure they chose to be in the military but they have to respond to the summons. Even if they didn't want to. They cant just leave a foreign country and go home. They would be going Awall (Im not sure if the term is used correctly or not) and they are punished for it if they are caught with either life in prison or death. They would be considered trators to the country. And excuse me, every on is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that this "War" is pointless. More over ever since this "War" started there has been a major rise in terrorism all over the world.  

Snowmaiden616

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:29 pm
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616

God I hate Bush!!!

Please read the thread.

(iironyyyyyyyyy)

The nothing is that the benefits that are given to a soldier are being forgotten and they are left with not promiced college education, no job waiting for them when they get back. Sure they chose to be in the military but they have to respond to the summons. Even if they didn't want to. They cant just leave a foreign country and go home. They would be going Awall (Im not sure if the term is used correctly or not) and they are punished for it if they are caught with either life in prison or death. They would be considered trators to the country. And excuse me, every on is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that this "War" is pointless. More over ever since this "War" started there has been a major rise in terrorism all over the world.

Okay well, first of all I'm not even entirely sure what you were trying to say there... second, like I said, joining the military is a CHOICE that someone makes KNOWING that they may be called to fight -- I mean think about it, that's like saying that the police are being abused because they have to put their lives in danger every day whenever the job calls for it. No, people who want to be on the police force already KNOW that's the case and take that into account before joining. This is not a communist country, we aren't assigned a job the minute we're born that we will be forced to do the rest of our lives.

They can't just leave and go home? Well yes, actually they can, it's called quitting. Just like ANY job. "AWOL" (what you meant as far as I can tell) stands for "Absent WithOut Leave", meaning that you left without permission. All one must do is ask for permission to leave before doing so.

Excuse you? Umm, no. I realize "every on" is entitled to their own opinion, but apparently you DON'T if you make statements like "let's all agree this war is pointless". If you were going to complain that you have the right to your opinion then why would you say a retarded thing like that?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:18 pm
We had no right to go over there in the first place.
If I remember correctly the "war on terror" was because of Osama who was in Afghanistan, somehow we're fighting in Iraq? Using 9/11 as the catch-all for whatever atrocity the president feels like commiting this week "What inalienable right shall I take away today?"

Whatever you want to say now about it being a moral war, the propoganda at the time the war began was 100% 'oooh scary he has weapons of mass destruction'
It has since been revealed that there were no WMDs and papers have been uncovered showing that he knew this, but went to war anyway.
So now apparently it was for moral reasons...Riiight.
As for everyone going on about getting resources (oil) you all are aware it's going to run out, right? And that we should be spending money on alternative sources rather than on war squabbling over the last piece of fried pig's fat instead going for the apple?  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:09 am
Efstathios
We had no right to go over there in the first place.
If I remember correctly the "war on terror" was because of Osama who was in Afghanistan, somehow we're fighting in Iraq? Using 9/11 as the catch-all for whatever atrocity the president feels like commiting this week "What inalienable right shall I take away today?"

Whatever you want to say now about it being a moral war, the propoganda at the time the war began was 100% 'oooh scary he has weapons of mass destruction'
It has since been revealed that there were no WMDs and papers have been uncovered showing that he knew this, but went to war anyway.
So now apparently it was for moral reasons...Riiight.
As for everyone going on about getting resources (oil) you all are aware it's going to run out, right? And that we should be spending money on alternative sources rather than on war squabbling over the last piece of fried pig's fat instead going for the apple?

Sure, if you believe everything you see on TV then I can see your point.

One thing I never got is what people have against fighting for other peoples' freedom in a completely different country. People are sacrificing their lives for freedom just like the noble heroes throughout all history did and now they are ridiculed, how disturbing. A tyrannical fiend was destroyed, there is a big price for a country's freedom, and we are paying it gladly. If we're still on a crusade of liberation in three years I'm going to pack my things and join my handful of friends already assigned there myself and you can mark my words.

Some people are so naive, don't realize freedom has a big price and once you're in the fight you can't just "quit". The idea is asinine. We're already attacked in some form every year like clockwork and people think that middle-Eastern nutjobs are just gonna sober up and "stop" killing Americans and Europeans on their own soil if we no longer fought on theirs. It's so cowardly to think that we should stop the struggle for liberation of Iraqi people this late in the game, and just let all those American boys' deaths go in vain. Hand over power to the next towel-head commie megamurderer just so we don't get hurt.

People have their own little answers when you bring this point up, like the classic "Bush is only freeing the Iraqi people so that he will look good and raise peoples' opinions of the US". AND? Totally avoiding the point, these people ARE being rescued; regardless of the motives it's still the right thing to do.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:07 am
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616
NOCTVRNVS
Snowmaiden616

God I hate Bush!!!

Please read the thread.

(iironyyyyyyyyy)

Okay well, first of all I'm not even entirely sure what you were trying to say there... second, like I said, joining the military is a CHOICE that someone makes KNOWING that they may be called to fight -- I mean think about it, that's like saying that the police are being abused because they have to put their lives in danger every day whenever the job calls for it. No, people who want to be on the police force already KNOW that's the case and take that into account before joining. This is not a communist country, we aren't assigned a job the minute we're born that we will be forced to do the rest of our lives.

They can't just leave and go home? Well yes, actually they can, it's called quitting. Just like ANY job. "AWOL" (what you meant as far as I can tell) stands for "Absent WithOut Leave", meaning that you left without permission. All one must do is ask for permission to leave before doing so.

Excuse you? Umm, no. I realize "every on" is entitled to their own opinion, but apparently you DON'T if you make statements like "let's all agree this war is pointless". If you were going to complain that you have the right to your opinion then why would you say a retarded thing like that?

Excuse me for that little mistake in grammar. And I said "Excuse me EveryonE is entitled to their own opinion." By that I am stating in a different form, "My bad. Sorry you are right everyone is entitled to their own opinion." Is that clear now? And to put it straight I am only exercising my right to state MY opinion, not everyone's. If someone disagrees with me, then that is their choice and they shouldn't hold grudges on the mistakes of others.  

Snowmaiden616

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:12 pm
Well then let's not hold grudges on the mistakes of George Walker Bush.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:45 pm
NOCTVRNVS
Well then let's not hold grudges on the mistakes of George Walker Bush.

Tushe. You have gotten me there. Though being a large political figure he should have thought this out. Looked at all the directions this "war" could have gone. And not have jumped to conclusions. Also he should have known that being the President of the United States his actions would be taken into great account and might never be forgotten.  

Snowmaiden616

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:23 am
NOCTVRNVS

One thing I never got is what people have against fighting for other peoples' freedom in a completely different country. People are sacrificing their lives for freedom just like the noble heroes throughout all history did and now they are ridiculed, how disturbing. A tyrannical fiend was destroyed, there is a big price for a country's freedom, and we are paying it gladly. If we're still on a crusade of liberation in three years I'm going to pack my things and join my handful of friends already assigned there myself and you can mark my words.

Some people are so naive, don't realize freedom has a big price and once you're in the fight you can't just "quit". The idea is asinine. We're already attacked in some form every year like clockwork and people think that middle-Eastern nutjobs are just gonna sober up and "stop" killing Americans and Europeans on their own soil if we no longer fought on theirs. It's so cowardly to think that we should stop the struggle for liberation of Iraqi people this late in the game, and just let all those American boys' deaths go in vain. Hand over power to the next towel-head commie megamurderer just so we don't get hurt.

People have their own little answers when you bring this point up, like the classic "Bush is only freeing the Iraqi people so that he will look good and raise peoples' opinions of the US". AND? Totally avoiding the point, these people ARE being rescued; regardless of the motives it's still the right thing to do.

I think what I said there was that I don't believe everything I see on T.V., perhaps you mistook my pointing out irony for confusion?
I also didn't suggest that we simply quit.

Also, we're not fighting for their freedom, you don't believe everything you hear on T.V., do you? If we were really fighting to give other people freedom, he wouldn't be so obsessed with taking away our freedoms.

@snowmaiden, it's touche not tushe ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:05 pm
Maybe you don't believe everything you hear on TV, but how is some random oddball on the Internet a more reliable source of information than the media? I see no reason as to why people are more willing to trust some random person who has little to no experience of reporting news or obtaining it over what the media says. Granted the media says what they do to get ratings, but random sources on the Internet are in no way more reliable than anything you can find on TV. Really it's all up to who you want to believe. You may consider my logic totally backwards, but I think the people to turn to for information is the government, seeing as how they do have the CIA.  

Der Freischuetz

Snowmaiden616

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 pm
Thank to Efstathios for the spelling correction.

I dont believe everrything I see on tv. I am going off of the facts that the Government is giving the public.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:34 pm
Der Freischuetz
Maybe you don't believe everything you hear on TV, but how is some random oddball on the Internet a more reliable source of information than the media? I see no reason as to why people are more willing to trust some random person who has little to no experience of reporting news or obtaining it over what the media says. Granted the media says what they do to get ratings, but random sources on the Internet are in no way more reliable than anything you can find on TV. Really it's all up to who you want to believe. You may consider my logic totally backwards, but I think the people to turn to for information is the government, seeing as how they do have the CIA.

Nothing that I said is from the internet. My view is taken from logical analysis of what the president himself has said and obvious facts that are unchallengable.
I haven't seen "loose change" nothing I've said is taken from farenheit 9/11 though I did watch it out of curiosity.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:42 pm
Efstathios
NOCTVRNVS

I think what I said there was that I don't believe everything I see on T.V., perhaps you mistook my pointing out irony for confusion?
I also didn't suggest that we simply quit.

Also, we're not fighting for their freedom, you don't believe everything you hear on T.V., do you? If we were really fighting to give other people freedom, he wouldn't be so obsessed with taking away our freedoms.

@snowmaiden, it's touche not tushe ^^

I don't really watch TV, and especially not the 'news', so it's not like I gather my perspective that way... I already know what they're going to say on the news every day -- the Liberal side of the story.

Taking away our freedoms? Well I must be missing something, you know, as a Canadian (we have none), what freedoms are being taken away? Because when I think of George Bush I think of getting rid of ridiculous firearms bans, and reversing just about everything else that dumbass wigger Clinton sent into motion those years ago.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 am
But firearm restrictions and/or bans keep people safe from people who would misuse the firearm.
Such as the Mass Murderer at Virginia Tech just a few weeks ago.  

Snowmaiden616

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:14 pm
Snowmaiden616
But firearm restrictions and/or bans keep people safe from people who would misuse the firearm.
Such as the Mass Murderer at Virginia Tech just a few weeks ago.

A) There's this thing called the black market, so people could still acquire weapons if they wanted to.

B) Maybe it wouldn't have been a massacre, but he still could've killed people with a knife.

And a restriction wouldn't have done anything because Cho checked out, so he was allowed to purchase them anyway.

Also consider the farmers. If there are too many prey species, they damage crops. If there are too many predator species they kill livestock. Best way to kill those kinds of pests is with guns.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff