wrong
  fine
  I don't know
  poll whore
View Results

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 pm
Squicks

Actually, I am all for passive eugenics. I only didn't mention it because I didn't want to expose my more extreme views. I don't think it should be so controversial though. To those who would call it inhumane I ask which is more humane: slowing down reproduction rates or letting people die of starvation and disease? I am also all for genetic manipulation in the womb. Won't it be nice when you can know that your child has less of a chance for birth defects and congenital diseases?

I'm not so worried anymore. ^^ You're a bit sexist, but you're not ignorant. Some of your views do make you sound like a relic of ages past. Lolz At least the whole "women at home, men in the workplace" thing. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a different opinion than that which is in sync with one's generation, it just caught me off guard in this case. As long as nobody tries to put that into law, who am I to judge a family for being traditional? By the way, you're still defending segregation... stare

In that case though, don't you think homosexuality is a good thing? They are willing to basically not participate in the whole breeding thing. What would you have against them marrying? There are churches out there that are okay with it and will marry homosexual couples. They are not the majority, but doesn't their existence alone prove that there is a social evolution going on? Doesn't it say something about how willing society is to accept gay families now? You say that one-man-one-woman parenting is the socially accepted norm, but that is changing. Will your opinion change with the social norm?

I very much like the idea of reducing a child's chance of being born with some sort of disease, which is why I'm starting to support the idea of Eugenics more and more.

Women can choose to have a job while the man stays home to take care of the kids. It's just my personal preference that it be the other way around. Still, I suppose as long as one of them is a productive member of society, it wouldn't bother me a whole lot. I just like tradition, that's all.

The majority cannot outright abuse the minority, but if there's even a 51% majority, it's still a majority. Besides, as long as the minority can see that a decision was made for the greater good they aren't being oppressed. Yes, the 51/49 problem is something that is very hard to solve in a democracy. I'm not sure what the best method of solving it is, however.

My mind is starting to change about gay marriage. I can understand why my parents are against it, since they were raised at a time when that really wasn't even an issue. I guess I don't really care one way or the other if churches allow gay couples to marry. I'm starting to think that it would be a good idea if government involvement in marriage was eliminated altogether. Should we keep the system of giving married couples benefits or not is probably one of my bigger questions. My opinion might change with the social opinion, it just may be a gradual change.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:46 am
Many people believe that homosexuality is wrong.

What do you think?
- "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will. There is no law above do what thou wilt." If Christians can quote out of their book, I can too dammit! blaugh

Is your opinion effected by your religious beliefs?
- My religious beliefs embrace it.

Are you gay/bi/transexual?
- I'm bi and proud.

Have you had any specific issues with people of the opposite sexual orientation?
- Yes. One of the big cliques of Rich kids in my school started this "Straight Pride" movement. It was so offensive and nobody would do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, "straight pride" isn't offensive. The circle with the X through it which contained two males holding hands was. Unlike they would have done to us, though, we didn't jump them. Damn I wanted to, though.

ChemicalSoiree

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:43 pm
like i said earlier, i dont think homosexuality is right, but i think things like "straight pride" that ChemicalSoiree mentioned is far worse. it really makes no sense for ppl to do anything just to make fun of ppl, especially if they dont think its going to affect the topic at all. all that is, is mean. there's no point in it  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:21 pm
Love is love, no matter the gender. People act like homosexuality is sin because things didn't start out with Adam and Steve, it was Adam and Eve. Well, I not only don't believe in that theory, I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. The Christian religion seems to want to stay the same forever and never try new things. Well, it's called evolving and they need to get with it and except people, no matter their beliefs or sexual preference. I feel very strongly of this. No matter what, you shouldn't let rules be a borderline for who you can and cannot love. That's what I believe.  

AliasL

Tilter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:58 pm
I know alot of people that think that being gay or bi is something to use aginst them like pick on them for it or just make fun of them, and my family is the "Be straigt and marry a girl or be gone" kinda family, which makes me feel unwanted because I'm Bi. i love my g/f and she loves me, she knows everything about, every little thing and shes alright with it and still loves me. So I like guys AND girls, woop-dee do! Don't hate me for it, I'm just the same as you. So I don't mind the gays, Bis, or transes. But I hate the people that try to steryotype them!! See I'm christian, and since they belive in guy/girl and not guy/guy or girl/girl, and my family wants a sraight son, my brother(He's really my friend that I've goten to know so well we call each other brother) and my g/f are the only people that know, and well I guess you guys and girls now. So I say LET THE GAYS LIVE GAYLY(meanning happy)!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:54 pm
My Deep Sadness
Love is love, no matter the gender. People act like homosexuality is sin because things didn't start out with Adam and Steve, it was Adam and Eve. Well, I not only don't believe in that theory, I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. The Christian religion seems to want to stay the same forever and never try new things. Well, it's called evolving and they need to get with it and except people, no matter their beliefs or sexual preference. I feel very strongly of this. No matter what, you shouldn't let rules be a borderline for who you can and cannot love. That's what I believe.

i see what u mean about most christians and ppl like them. i personally am christian, but i dont believe so strongly in many of the things that most churches are really tough on. i personally dont like other guys in a gay way, but i really havent seen anything in the bible saying that homosexuality is wrong, so i really dont mind it all that much. like i said, im not personally gay, but i dont see anything wrong with it if you are  

shadow_alchemist92

idontknow512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:15 pm
i think homosexual should left for anyone to take up. Its a free world and every human has rights so peole should be given a choice to take up homosexuality. Religion is a main argument, but that doesn't really matter, many rules have been broken in religion earlier such as traditionally-customed marriges.
as i said homosexual is a alternative choice for heterosexual behaviour and should be justified as a custom properly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm not really a fan of homosexuality in general, and yes it does come into complete conflict with my religion. However I do believe that people can't help loving the same gender. Since I'm sure God never said "Thou shalt kill all gays" homosexuals can do whatever they like as long as I stay far removed from the picture.

The one thing that gets to me is bisexuality. I understand being gay, I understand being straight, but there is no in between! Its just a bunch of people "experimenting" and it annoys me to no end.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to be flamed for this ninja  

TempestRising

Neffir08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:25 pm
TempestRising
I'm not really a fan of homosexuality in general, and yes it does come into complete conflict with my religion. However I do believe that people can't help loving the same gender. Since I'm sure God never said "Thou shalt kill all gays" homosexuals can do whatever they like as long as I stay far removed from the picture.

The one thing that gets to me is bisexuality. I understand being gay, I understand being straight, but there is no in between! Its just a bunch of people "experimenting" and it annoys me to no end.

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to be flamed for this ninja

Because you proabably are... I really don't know what to say to you because you have the right to think what you want, but I sorry, you are wrong when you say that you want to be removed from the picture. Hun, I say this with love, you can't be removed from this picture, so either you accept us all with our faults, and we shall accept yours. Acctually the Bi thing is compleatly understandable from my point, and I have met two bi people in my life, trust me their is no "experimenting" or anything like that, they are who they are.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 pm
I'm bisexual, and I know that I'm not 'just experimenting'. I like both, men and women. I like them for different reasons, different things about them, but basically I end up loving any one I love for who they are, not what they are on the outside. I guess it's an extream form of non-discrimination, or maybe not. I tend to lean toward women, because guys piss me off too much with their masculinity and all (and I find p***s' less that the most atractive thing ever). I'm not one of those people who do it (be bi) for attention, and it is annoying when I like some one and only find out that they were pretending to be bi and they break my heart because of it, but oh well.
What I think= I think homosexuality is not wrong, any more than being black (0r white or blue or yellow or ******** green if it comes down to it) is wrong. It's not wrong to love a person (unless it's an extreamly young and deffensless person) and have them love you back.
Is my oppinion effected by my religious beliefs?= I don't let any one (or any one's god or god-book) tell me what to think or what to feel. I'm not even atheist, I just am. I be. I exist outside of religious limitations, and I don't lable my self.
I don't have issues with any one becuase of who they are and what they believe in, or what they look like.  

Accalia-Squirrel

Tilter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:51 am
Accalia-Squirrel
I'm bisexual, and I know that I'm not 'just experimenting'. I like both, men and women. I like them for different reasons, different things about them, but basically I end up loving any one I love for who they are, not what they are on the outside. I guess it's an extream form of non-discrimination, or maybe not. I tend to lean toward women, because guys piss me off too much with their masculinity and all (and I find p***s' less that the most atractive thing ever). I'm not one of those people who do it (be bi) for attention, and it is annoying when I like some one and only find out that they were pretending to be bi and they break my heart because of it, but oh well.
What I think= I think homosexuality is not wrong, any more than being black (0r white or blue or yellow or ******** green if it comes down to it) is wrong. It's not wrong to love a person (unless it's an extreamly young and deffensless person) and have them love you back.
Is my oppinion effected by my religious beliefs?= I don't let any one (or any one's god or god-book) tell me what to think or what to feel. I'm not even atheist, I just am. I be. I exist outside of religious limitations, and I don't lable my self.
I don't have issues with any one becuase of who they are and what they believe in, or what they look like.

User Image I'm bi too and I can't stand it when people act bi but in the end aren't!! like this guy, his names Golden, not bi..broke my heart..but now I like these two!! Ben and Olivia!! User Image Ben ish hot!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:11 pm
If someone start tellign you how to live, would you be happpy? It's is perfectly fine unless they start to hurt other people. We as human look for a less society to start picking on... it's human nature to find a common enemy, it just happened to be homosexual at this moment (Hitler + Jew) (Roman + Christian) (Etc.) People said that Aids are caused by Homosexual people... wrong... the starting cause of AIDS is a heterosexual person who can't control their urge for sex and start having intercourse with a apes...  

Aurora_Dance

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Neffir08

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:50 am
Aurora_Dance
If someone start tellign you how to live, would you be happpy? It's is perfectly fine unless they start to hurt other people. We as human look for a less society to start picking on... it's human nature to find a common enemy, it just happened to be homosexual at this moment (Hitler + Jew) (Roman + Christian) (Etc.) People said that Aids are caused by Homosexual people... wrong... the starting cause of AIDS is a heterosexual person who can't control their urge for sex and start having intercourse with a apes...

Who is called a tri-sextual blaugh Try anything once, twice if you like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:48 pm
professorB
I just have to throw this one out there.

Do you think if there was a rainbow on the American flag, people would be less hard on homosexuals?
sadly, yes, but it shouldn't matter, we live in a biased world, where just cuz homosexuals on tv are all girly and creepy and stuff, they make the world think they all are. My best friend is bisexual, and he's almost goth, no pink on that man.  

Ender_Skull666

IIIIIlllllIlIlIIIIllI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:04 pm
What do you think?
I dont see why people even STARTED to think that homosexuality is wrong. Ancient greek-- damn, EVERYONE was gay. So why is it that suddenly people are so homophobic?

Dad
It's gross

That's because youre heterosexual. If you were gay, you would think heterosexual relationships are gross. It's just because you see more heterosexual stuff so you think its more "natural". Even gays first start to think theyre an outcast from the world. We would not have stupid homophobics if the world gave out equal references to both gays and straight people.

Is your opinion effected by your religious beliefs?

I'm not religiously affiliated.

Are you gay/bi/transexual?
I'm pansexual. I love regardless of anything. So yes, i will hit on a straight person. Can't help it ^-^;

Have you had any specific issues with people of the opposite sexual orientation?
Not really. Just telling me I'm mentally insane, hate mail, etc. My parents are homophobes so wont dare tell them  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff