one god
  many gods
  no god
  poll whore
View Results

Saeunn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:35 pm
I just have one question?

For all those Christians out there, why is that Half of you refer Jesus as G-D himself and then the other half call him G-D's Son?

I say this becuase every version I have heard from the actual Bible, Jesus was G-D's son, and he Sacraficed his son's life so we could be sin free forever. It just confusses me that whenever someone talks about thier religion and most are Christians that half say one thing and the other half another, and they are both so into what they are saying that it kinda makes a person think, "Gee, if they can't even make up thier mind to who G-D really is than why would they belive in him in the first place?"
I mean, if there really is one to begin with.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:15 pm
What religion are you?
Agnostic
How long have you been in this religion?
not sure exactly. maybe 5 years
Why do you believe in this faith?
because i find everything else hard to believe.
What do you hate about other religions?
the blind faith
If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why?
I find it hard to be told what to believe in. religions seem to dictate the way i live. almost every religion i have seen has discriminated against something in one way or another.  

thedarcnessinside

Aurora_Dance

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:50 pm
I am philisophic agnostic, I do not know whether God exist or not, I am both for and against theology and atheist the same way. I look upon religion as only a guide to living; I do not, like some people, read the holy book: Bible, Quaran, etc. line for line but more as guideline. I been agnostic since I was born I guess, I been questioning the fact ever since I can remember. It's not a faith; it's more like a conclusion from fact, which are still doesn't have enough evidence to prove or disprove. A higher being is unknown, but not unknownable like extremist agnostism. Until I can find proves otherwise, I will believe that I am the highest being, probably the God of my world... The world is a figment of my imagination... Most religious people are blinded by faith and look at the theologic teaching too literal, which cause them to hate other religion. I personally have no reason to hate, abhor, or against religion in any form or way. I only despite people who are too innocently believing to a point of ignorance; they are the cause of holy wars and other hatred between culture. I don't know which too believe, I know that if "God" can not accept to "heaven" just because I don't know he exist even through the "moral" "ethical" life I lived than he don't deserve to be an "Almighty Being."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:08 am
I'm Christian, and I don't mind people of other religions or een those who deny the existence of a higher being altogether.

However, I do not appreciate the negative face that videogames(as much as I love them) have put on religion.

Note Final Fantasy X, and Tales of Symphonia. Their religion is a lie, and they have to fight their god...? Huh?(Yu Yevon as Sin and Yunalesca, Kratos and Yggdrassil).

Religion is okay to have, and it's alright to not have a religion. But don't hate people because of their choices. mrgreen mrgreen  

animenintendo516

Chibi Alien Monster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:38 pm
What religion are you? Atheist.

My whole life, though my parents are Buddhists and I still have to chant.

Why do you believe in this faith? I've never really thought about it until last March/April. My lack of any faith in any god(s) is because I just don't think it makes any sense.

What do you hate about other religions? I don't hate any religion. Just some of the Christian followers, for obvious reasons.

If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why? Like I said, it never made any sense to me. I'm a science freak, and I always watch all these shows about the Big Bang and astronomy and stuff, so I don't find the idea of a god logical.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:04 pm
What religion are you?
Buddhist

Couple of years

Why do you believe in this faith?
After reading everything I could find on many different religions and searching my soul, I settled on Buddhism because it made sense to me.

What do you hate about other religions?
I don't hate anything about other religions, but I do disagree with some of the tenets of various religions due to social teaching issues.

If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why?  

Dusti_Love

In_Fyniti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:53 pm
What religion are you? officially, I am Baptist, though I am loathe to define myself in one group. In general I am simply a Christian.

How long have you been in this religion? was raised in it, but for the past four years have really examined why I believe what I do.

Why do you believe this faith? Many reasons. One, the belief in the existence of God is scientifically the easiest to swallow and most logical. Two, the Gospel is historically the most accurate book known. Three, It is totally relevant to today, and following it results in a healthy, effective, enjoyable lifestyle. Four, personal experience.

What do you hate about other religions? I don't hate anything about the religions, just how the followers have perverted their beliefs for their own political views, or have drowned out the relationship in God with meaningless ritualism such that the purpose of their faith is lost.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:21 pm
I thought that the belief in the existence of God or a god or gods was supposed to be something illogical, for in Tolstoy's point of view it takes an irrational view like that as believing in God that gives people a meaning of life.  

Der Freischuetz

In_Fyniti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:31 pm
True, he did say that. But Tolstoy wasn't a theoretical physicist. He based his decisions on his empirical perceptions and the science of the day. Tolstoy had no knowledge of the modern discoveries we have made today. As wise as he was, his judgment on the existence of God was not sound.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:14 pm
What religion are you? I have been Baptist, Methodist, AME, and have probably belonged to another Christian sect that has escaped my memory for the time being. I now simply refer to myself as Christian

How long have you been in this religion? I have been to Churches all of my life but I truly didn't become a Christian until I was 10 and I invited God into my life.

Why do you believe this faith? My faith, and I do mean my faith alone and not others within my faith, gives me a way and reason to live. The teachings of Christ, when followed make me as close to a perfect person as is humanly possible. I have also had a personal conversion experience.

What do you hate about other religions? I have never hated other religions, and most true Christians feel the same way. It has always amused me that non-Christians look upon Christians with venom while we in turn sit and pray for you.

TempestRising

TempestRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:20 pm
Saeunn

For all those Christians out there, why is that Half of you refer Jesus as G-D himself and then the other half call him G-D's Son?

I say this becuase every version I have heard from the actual Bible, Jesus was G-D's son, and he Sacraficed his son's life so we could be sin free forever. It just confusses me that whenever someone talks about thier religion and most are Christians that half say one thing and the other half another, and they are both so into what they are saying that it kinda makes a person think, "Gee, if they can't even make up thier mind to who G-D really is than why would they belive in him in the first place?"

To answer your question, those are not two seperate interpretations, they are one. God broke off a part of himself and sent him to earth to save the world from their sins. Because he was born of a human woman through immaculate conception, he became the "son" of God, and a seperate entity. However Jesus and God are still the same person. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but this is as well as I can articulate my belief at this time. Feel free to pm me if you still have questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:53 pm
TempestRising
Saeunn

To answer your question, those are not two seperate interpretations, they are one. God broke off a part of himself and sent him to earth to save the world from their sins. Because he was born of a human woman through immaculate conception, he became the "son" of God, and a seperate entity. However Jesus and God are still the same person. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but this is as well as I can articulate my belief at this time. Feel free to pm me if you still have questions.

WOW am I ever glad someone else knew the answer to that. How relieving. Nice explanation, too.

In short, the whole concept is called The Trinity, if the inquirer is still seeking answers... or, they were just trying to make Christianity look "stupid" and then leave never to return again.

It's usually the latter... rolleyes  

NOCTVRNVS

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:18 am
Anyway, I am a Christian. I was raised a Christian, but shortly after my sacred confirmation I began to doubt my faith. Some short years ago a series of revelations came to me and I re-embraced God with eternal devotion. Since then I have been trying my best to live according to His plan, but while my ship sails onward with certainty, the sea has been frighteningly rough at times. Suffice it to say, had the ship not been built with such conviction it would have been capsized long ago.

I am firm in this faith for reasons many -- including personal revelations -- but the Word of God is immortal, something that no mere man could ever write. The proof's in the pudding as they say.

And hey, it's the only established faith that makes logical sense to me.

As a Christian, and thus a man of love, I do not hate anything let alone the faith that others may have. I detest such deceptions as "satanism" and "wicca" because of what they are, but feel pity for those who entrust in them -- not hatred.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 pm
NOCTVRNVS
Anyway, I am a Christian. I was raised a Christian, but shortly after my sacred confirmation I began to doubt my faith. Some short years ago a series of revelations came to me and I re-embraced God with eternal devotion. Since then I have been trying my best to live according to His plan, but while my ship sails onward with certainty, the sea has been frighteningly rough at times. Suffice it to say, had the ship not been built with such conviction it would have been capsized long ago.

I am firm in this faith for reasons many -- including personal revelations -- but the Word of God is immortal, something that no mere man could ever write. The proof's in the pudding as they say.

As a Christian, and thus a man of love, I do not hate anything let alone the faith that others may have. I detest such deceptions as "satanism" and "wicca" because of what they are, but feel pity for those who entrust in them -- not hatred.

::Applause:: wink  

TempestRising

Neon Proxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:57 pm
NOCTVRNVS

{I} am so ~all-American~ I'd -sell- /you/ |suicide|
x^x^x^x^x^====I am the ism====^x^x^x^x^x

So are you basing your detest upon these religions based on the popular stereotypical beliefs that most christions hold. Because last time I checked there isn't much christians who know the first thing about Satanism or Wiccan, so unless you actually know what you are talking about I would advise not saying you detest them. I am a borderline satanist, I don't really follow it alot because some of it is hypocritical but it's pretty the only religion I am intent on following. And just because I feel like complaining about christians...a dusty old book proves nothing,a nd don't try to post your little statistics about "omgeeee theres been all these prophecies fulfilled and such" because I have already seen way to much of the statistics and it wont change a thing for me.
'

^x^x^x^====My hate's a prism====^x^x^x^x^
I am `totalitarian` I've got (abortions) in my eyes

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out