be your own personal choice.
  other
  poll whore
View Results

Accalia-Squirrel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:24 pm
Squicks
AngeliqueDaemon
I find it intersting that human beings place so much value on sex. But what is sex, really?

Sex is the act of procreation. Its entire purpose to to continue the existance of the species, nothing more. However with our "higher brain function," human have place a value on sex that is not necessary. We give it connotations of love, and feelings that were never intended to be coupled with a bodily function. For example, deficating is a bodily function, but we place no high minded, religious or moral values on it.

My point is, sex is not the ultimate expression of love, or intimacy, it is a bodily function. A deep conversation with close friends is a thousand times more intimate than bumping uglies with someone you find attractive.

Umm... I would say that sex is definately more intimate than a conversation with friends... Do you know what intimate means? As for sex being a meaningless bodily function, that may be so, but it sure feels really good. ^.~ That is, if you've got a good partner... Lolz Sex is fun, why else would people do it?

People do it because they're driven to by hormones and curiosity and instinks and stuff. I agree that sex is not the most intimate thing, and certainly other things will bring you closer to a person. Sex can be meaningless, but then again it can be intimate if you share it with a person you love.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:55 am
Accalia-Squirrel
Squicks
AngeliqueDaemon
I find it intersting that human beings place so much value on sex. But what is sex, really?

Sex is the act of procreation. Its entire purpose to to continue the existance of the species, nothing more. However with our "higher brain function," human have place a value on sex that is not necessary. We give it connotations of love, and feelings that were never intended to be coupled with a bodily function. For example, deficating is a bodily function, but we place no high minded, religious or moral values on it.

My point is, sex is not the ultimate expression of love, or intimacy, it is a bodily function. A deep conversation with close friends is a thousand times more intimate than bumping uglies with someone you find attractive.

Umm... I would say that sex is definately more intimate than a conversation with friends... Do you know what intimate means? As for sex being a meaningless bodily function, that may be so, but it sure feels really good. ^.~ That is, if you've got a good partner... Lolz Sex is fun, why else would people do it?

People do it because they're driven to by hormones and curiosity and instinks and stuff. I agree that sex is not the most intimate thing, and certainly other things will bring you closer to a person. Sex can be meaningless, but then again it can be intimate if you share it with a person you love.

Dude u are completely right, i mean sex i feel is one of our animal instincts for pleasure and virginity on the other hand is just a word to use to say that we havent had sex the only case that it really exsits is in women.  

justincase20202020

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:31 pm
justincase20202020
Accalia-Squirrel
Squicks
AngeliqueDaemon

Dude u are completely right, i mean sex i feel is one of our animal instincts for pleasure and virginity on the other hand is just a word to use to say that we havent had sex the only case that it really exsits is in women.

Um, what? That made no sense at all. How is it that virginity only exists for women? If you're a guy and you haven't had sex, you're still a virgin. There's no difference.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:23 pm
Ok by me.

Really. Its fun. Try it sometime.

But watch out for AIDS. Oh, watch out for AIDS.

But just know who you...do? Yeah, that's an appropriate verb.  

animenintendo516

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:10 pm
I do think of virginity as something special. However, that's because losing it means having sex for the first time with someone, which is something special by itself, just like having your first kiss or your first girlfriend. That doesn't means I'm gonna keep mine until marriage though, because nowadays, everything is volatile, including marriage: Britney Spears demonstrated that by getting married for 2 days. But I do think it's a special occasion you should enjoy with your girlfriend, not with some hookah from the streets.

Besides, why should we put so much control and oppression over a natural and pleasant instinct? In that matter, my knowledge and culture teacher explained us the difference between the Oriental ars erotica and the Western scientia sexualis.

In the Far East, especially in India but also includes China, Indochina, Japan and Eastern Russia, sex is looked at as something beautiful, awesome, and pleasant. If you don't want to, that's fine, but if you want to, then go ahead, my boy. Nobody will prevent you from getting laid. Hence the name ars erotica: sex is beautiful, kinda like art. In the West, which includes Europe and the entirety of the American continent, sex has been always looked at as something bad, evil, forbidden. If you don't want to, you're a good person, but if you want to, you're a pervert. But the people still had to understand at least something about sex, even if only to know their enemy. Hence the name scientia sexualis: a scientific approach was the best way to study sex without having to deal with it, because that allowed you to stay away from it.

Although nowadays people have a much more laidback attitude towards sex, it's more of something like this: if you don't want to, that's fine, but if you want to, you'll have to work your way into their pussies, and many people will try to prevent you from getting laid.

Now, on to the last subject: sexual education. The best age for that is 6th grade. This is when most girls and some guys enter puberty, and we also have to consider something mentioned some posts earlier: 6th grade kids are, often, much more mature than their 5th grade brethren, at least enough to know they shouldn't laugh at serious s**t. However, sexual education should be as neutral as possible. Having sex is not bad, just make sure you're protected. This point is the most prone to ideological bias: if you're too liberal, you'll downplay the importance of being protected and may put kids into danger, but if you're too conservative, you'll make a really big deal out of protection and you'll scare your students. Personally, I think if you want to be protected, fear not, and just ******** slip a condom into your d**k. If you feel like you're into kinky weird stuff, such as BDSM, fetish, or etcetera, that's fine: just be careful so you don't get hurt. But if you're into stuff like zoophilia or necrophilia, then stop at once: you could catch a nasty disease if you keep going.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm
That philosphy would explain the ridiculous overpopulation of those areas of the world. They're breeding like rabbits because they've been told that it's a good thing. Now they have to deal with serious crowding problems.

Meh, nothin' a nuke can't solve. wink  

Der Freischuetz

dabuttmonkee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:34 pm
Sex is up to the person. They should do whatever they feel right. Access their life and see if they can handle a baby and the responsibilities of being sexually active. I don't think waiting until marriage is important, but I think it's a good moral value and something to be valued in a person  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:36 pm
Sex should be left to the grown-ups. I think every young male feels the challenge to go where no man has gone before...

I also know some incompetent boys feel that they are lesser than their father because they have yet to experience the forbidden pleasure. The challenge to be better than your parents is an important one to some people -- yet if you really feel such a childish impulse you are definitely NOT ready to deal with sex in the first place.

Of course, traditionally sex is best served after marriage, but then again traditionally girls were generally considered ripe in their mid-teens, so that could be saying one of a few things. I personally believe you are emotionally and physically prepared -- or should be naturally -- beginning in your mid-teens. However I am absolutely an upholder of the old ways and I firmly believe marriage is a prerequisite of sorts for sex. In fact I would not have sex if I did not want children, and I would not want children until I were married. So thus I would not be married unless I were to have sex, and I would not have sex unless I were to have children. That is the purpose of sex and, by Odin's raven, God made us kinky little buggers for a REASON!

Damn, now I'm in the mood for s...marriage... I mean... sad  

NOCTVRNVS

xsparklersx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:44 am
NOCTVRNVS
God made us kinky little buggers for a REASON!

Damn, now I'm in the mood for s...marriage... I mean... sad

LOLZ. rofl

Yes, humans are 'kinky little buggers' and we are at least physically supposed to be ready for sex in our mid to late teens.

The fact that society has been changing from conservative views about sex to a more relaxed approach is interesting. As for marriage, America has since the old days become more culturally mixed. Because marriage is a tradition that roots itself in religion, I don't think it's something for everyone to consider when they think about sex. For a person of, say, the Christian faith, by all means take marriage into consideration because it's a big deal in that religion. For people of other faiths that do not deal with marriage, or for those who are non-religious, considering marriage isn't as pressing a matter. Whether one considers marriage or not, a person should always consider their mental, emotional, and physical readiness for any activity, including sex. If it's not something that you feel you as a person are ready to do, don't.

Virginity isn't as big a deal as it used to be. Back in the day, it was the best way of assuring that a man courting a woman wouldn't be getting a common slut with half a dozen STD's. Staying virgins kept people from getting and transmitting such diseases, which is also why monogamy was instilled in many cultures. Now that we know more about STD's, people who want to have sex can get their chosen partner tested for them. The social value placed on virginity has declined because the need for it as a safety precaution has declined. It is, like other people have posted, special to do anything for the first time...including sex. In that sense, it will always be valuable. How special someone feels the circumstances should be is and should always be up to them. No one else can tell you when you're ready for it and you should be able to choose what you want that experience to be like (so long as you're not breaking the law). Just, please, try to make informed decisions about things. If you want to have sex, take the time to learn about it first (look before you leap).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:42 am
i think saving urself for ur husband is better than havin sex before marriage...  

niceniyati

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
niceniyati
i think saving urself for ur husband is better than havin sex before marriage...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:50 pm
Lol, to each their own. biggrin

I personally believe in saving yourself for love.
But then some people would never get laid. sad  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:06 am
Efstathios
Lol, to each their own. biggrin

I personally believe in saving yourself for love.
But then some people would never get laid. sad

And the world would be a better place  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:03 pm
Did you just agree with me? eek

If so, cool smile  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS