Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Weyrling Lesson] The Bonding Maze Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
dawns_aura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:07 pm

User Image

M'ika and Pallath
Quote:
20. You fell. We told you not to fall.

And again? This maze seemed to be truly endless....

dawns_aura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:10 pm

User Image

M'ika and Pallath
Quote:
12. Wow. Air never felt so good. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Just one more turn Mine, just one. I promise. You're so close now. Just the one more.

After the falls and the false starts and wrong turns, he was getting more than a little tired of this maze. He was about ready to simply reach up and remove the blindfold and be done with it all, but Pallath sounded so sure. The maze was almost over. Just one more turn and he could be out of it.

He took a breath and took the step forward as she had told him to. And insteada of ropes, there was air. Freedom.

At last.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 pm
Quote:
8. By the end of this you are going to have bruises or rope burns or both.

This is stupid.

Ussurianth stalked forwards, leaning over the precipice to stare at his bonded, tail curling in amused delight. An unfortunate side effect of being a weyrling is following instructions... even when they don't make sense. His voice settled at the back of his mind, certain and reassuring as it always was, as it had been since the earliest days of their bond. Tosk tightened the bands of his blindfold, his features still stoney. Follow my voice and orders and you will not fail.

... All right. I trust you. Ussurianth was one of the few in whom Tosk did trust.

As he stepped forwards, he found himself tripping almost immediately, instincts kicking in as lurched forwards and rolling across the ground.

I didn’t tell you to move yet… so graceless. Amused chiding, and Tosk found himself flushing. Well, what did you expect?

Patience. Ussurianth waited. Tosk picked himself off, and dusted off his clothes almost mechanically.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 pm
Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

It didn’t work, no matter how hard he tried. Tosk saw nothing but darkness and pointlessness in this exercise. His time would be better served catching up on his lessons and written assessments… Faranth knew he wasn’t a smart man. He needed all of the extra time he could make.

He knew they were all watching… he sensed the assistants’ stares, tracking his progress, his mannerisms… And still, his hands moved to his face, determined to get a peek…

No. That would be cheating. Do not do that.

Then help me… please…

Go forwards, and turn sharply right at my word… Step lightly… now!  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Quote:
10. Your dragon tells you to turn right. You go left. Oops.

As Ussurianth spoke, Tosk turned—

And caught another rope. He staggered, righting himself before hitting the ground. Did I not say right?

... My mistake.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:37 pm
Quote:
1. Congratulations! You found a dead end. Now you have to back track at least one turn and find the next place you can go. (-1 to getting out of the maze)

Ahead lay a dead end. Ussurianth told Tosk to turn slowly about face, ensuring he did not trip over the rope that almost had him before. He wouldn’t let his rider know how poorly they were doing- the man was already dubious of the exercise to begin with.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

Progress: 0

Being blindfolded was not high up on Phryana's list of preferences, but she offered no complaint as she obediently slipped the cloth around her eyes and tied it. Perhaps she would have refused if this hadn't been a required lesson--or if Kleoth hadn't been sending wave after wave of love and reassurance.

It won't be so bad, my love. I'll guide you safely. The young dragon promised, watching from her vantage point with her other brothers and siblings.

I trust you. And she did. Slowly, she began to walk, hating this new sense of vulnerability.  
Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Progress: 1/3

You're doing wonderfully! Continue forward at the same pace--yes, that's it. Kleoth encouraged.

Despite feeling like she was going to slam into something--or someone--at any moment now, Phryana listened and kept going.... only to find that there didn't seem to be anything to run into. She couldn't quite be relieved just yet, however.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Progress: 2/3

Kleoth's instruction had been flawless so far. Maybe it was how much they trusted one another? Phryana wasn't sure, but it was disorientating, being told to turn this way and that.  
Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:07 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
17. Is your dragon having fun running you into the ropes?

Phryana hit a rope and stumbled, grimacing silently to herself. Kleoth was all apologies at once, but oh, Hers was doing so well otherwise! At least she hadn't fallen!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:09 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
20. You fell. We told you not to fall.

Ah. Spoken too soon. Phryana felt the air escape her lungs in a soft huff, more dazed than hurt.

There now, you're alright! Kleoth kept her own flare of anxiety under control once she saw Hers trip and go down.

Nothing injured except my pride. The young woman agreed, wryly amused.  
Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Phryana and Kleoth

Quote:
16. Well, you seem to be going in the right direction. At least, you haven’t run into anything yet. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Progress: 3/3

Two more steps forward, then take a right. Kleoth instructed carefully.

Two steps and a turn... and suddenly, she felt a wave of triumph radiating from her dragon. Taking that as a sign, Phryana pulled the blindfold from her head... and found herself grinning up at her golden dragon, who was staring down at her with admiration and delight. "You've quite the gift of leading, darling."

As do so many of my siblings. Look how well they've led Theirs. Kleoth deflected the compliment modestly.

Looking at some of the bruises on the other Weyrlings, Phryana wasn't so sure... but wouldn't comment, and went to join her fellows.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:01 pm
Rinis and Green Galensith
User Image

Rinis and Galensith eyed the rope maze laid out before them with amusement. I hope we can do this, she thought. We'll do fine mine! Galensith reassured her rider cheerfully. The young green was covered over by her rider's firelizards who chittered that they wanted to help too. Rinis shook her head at her firelizards. "You guys will just confuse me. You can help Galensith." As long as they didn't distract the green.

She giggled softly as an assistant came around to place her bandanna. Rinis sent Galen up to her perch. Do you have a good view? She asked as the young green settled herself and her swamp of firelizards settled themselves upon the the green. The pair waited until Rinis was told she could enter the maze. Hesitantly the young woman slowly moved forward. Am I going ok? Yup the entrance is right there. Go forward, forward, forward. Ooops.

Rinis felt herself run right into a rope. This..... was going to be fun. Galensith? Maybe she could just go under? Don't be silly Rinismine! I will get you through. I promise.

Total: 0
7: Maybe…if you go under the rope you just ran into?

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:32 pm
User Image

Galensith settled among some of her siblings. How are all of yours doing? The green asked of those weyrlings around her. She gave vague directions to her rider.

After the third time of running into a rope, Rinis pulled her green back to the task. If you could take a break from your gossip, I need some actual directions here. She huffed out.

17: Is your dragon having fun running you into the ropes?

magnadearel

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 pm
User Image

Galensith! Rinis called sharply to her green to call her back on task after she ran into yet another rope. If only they had made the maze big enough for dragons instead. She was about ready to take directions from Bourbon and Chaek.

Sorry Mine, the green responded guiltily. She'd gotten distracted talking to the other dragons. Go right.

18: Too bad they can’t make a maze large enough for the dragons. You would sure like to be in that role right now.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces