Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Feast] No Time for a Cat Nap! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:56 pm
Rio and Blue Tierboskath

"It's nothing to apologize for," Rio assured his fellow weyrling, never one to turn away a meeting or interaction with human or dragon. "We'd all best get used to dragons underfoot, anyway - not that they'll actually be underfoot for very long." And Tierboskath was clearly quite fond of the other blue, as once Saheth was set down, he returned every ounce of affection he received, warmth and pleasure coming off of him in waves.

As Saheth received his piece of fish, Tierboskath watched every moment with rapt attention, reliving his own experience vicariously. There was very little envy in it, since he was only having the single piece they were all limited to, just the pleasure of a shared experience.To die for, is it not? A deep sigh, and he flopped bonelessly beside his brother, basking in the bliss of the very thought of the Deep Fish (and conveniently still just below it). I do hope we will have a chance at such a delicacy again one day. And just think: when we are bigger, we will be able to have bigger pieces!

It only stood to reason.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:45 pm
User Image
Rider Vosin of Gold Killakeeth

"I know she was hoping you'd impress to one of her babies, and she's super happy you did." They still didn't know why some kids took turns to impress and others just a few hatchings. Vosin smiled, glad both were happy. As am I Mari., the gold confirmed her rider's words. "Have you picked out your new name?" She couldn't keep calling him Mari now.

"Hello! It's so nice to meet you out of the egg finally. What's your name?" Vosin laughed and nodded. "Of course!"

Thaliawen
Mari

Candidate Omurntas (Open for interactions!)
He could only watch as the smoked deep fish was surrounded by young dragons. Omurntas shook his head. They acted more like..... like cats! than dragons. Perhaps he was glad he hadn't impressed to one of them.

User Image User Image
Weyrling Rinis of Green Galensith (Open for interactions!)

The green's head swiveled as she heard something going on that caught her attention. RinisMine they are giving out free samples of that big thing that covers the whole table! I would like to try too. Rinis looked over to spot several other dragonets being given a taste of what only could be a deep fish. "Alright then. It's really good. Let's go over." With her green in tow, the young woman stood in line for a couple pieces of the deep fish. One for her, a small one for Galensith.

Together they took a bite and closed their eyes. It was delicious. "To think they got all of this put together in only a few hours." Awwwww Orioth says I can only have a bite. Rinis laughed at the sad voice. "Well it is for humans. We wouldn't want to spoil your first party by giving you an upset stomach so you have to leave early." The thought of leaving the party early horrified the green. No of course not!

While Rinis finished her piece of the fish, Galensith looked around for someone to talk to.

magnadearel

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:18 pm
Lesta and green Auratath

Auratath stood up against the table to sniff the gigantic fish, only for Lesta to instantly gather her up and hold her out of reach, eyes wide with apprehension. “No, Auratath, that’s for people, not little dragons.”

It’s not? But it smells so good! The dragonet struggled half-heartedly before giving up and going completely limp. Lesta’s cheeks puffed out for a moment as she bent under the weight of what felt like a liquid boulder suddenly appearing in her arms. She carefully released Auratath to the floor, where she seemed to spread out like a puddle. Where had she seen that kind of behavior before?

She jumped a little as a dragon’s voice was broadcast for all to hear: Orioth, the Weyrlingmaster’s dragon, giving the hatchlings express permission to taste that fish. At her feet, Auratath sat up to attention, staring holes in her two blue brothers who were among the first to sample the treat. A string of drool slipped from the corner of the green’s mouth as she felt their pleasure. Lesta, in turn, felt the rumble of her silly dragon’s (perfectly full) stomach. She laughed brightly and reached to cut and clean a small piece for her beloved lifemate. Auratath stood up against her thigh and streeeeeeetched a paw toward the morsel as she brought it to the hatchling’s maw, little claws curling around the girl’s hand and pulling it closer as quickly as possible.

The dragonet’s eyes whirled bright blue as the smoky flavor filled her mouth, her tail standing straight up like an exclamation point, prompting another laugh from Lesta.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:40 pm
Phryana and Gold Kleoth

Phryana was resplendent in a dress of red, and both she and Kleoth cut a striking figure as they wove their way through the crowds. Despite the early hour, both dragon and rider were wide awake. Phryana's dark eyes roamed quietly, taking in as many details as she could. She knew no one of their current Weyrling group save for the few High Reaches candidates that had Impressed... and even then, she knew only what she had observed. She hadn't spoken to any of them, really, outside of the bare necessities.

That can be remedied easily enough. Kleoth's eyes were bright blue as she admired the gathered crowd, delighted to see everyone. I know you feel otherwise, darling, but you should nibble on a little something to keep up your strength. Fresh out of the shell, and already mothering her? The woman nearly hid a smile before she remembered she didn't have to, letting her lips curve upward as she touched that perfectly shaped head.

Orioth's message was enough to make Kleoth pause, and she relayed the information a touch curiously. "Would you like to try some?" Phryana asked, making her way to help herself to a small plate of food. Perhaps later, after everyone has had a chance to eat. She was still full, and wouldn't dare deprive someone of food when it was only to satiate her curiosity!

Making her way to a quieter corner, Phryana ate delicately, her eyes flickering here and there as she watched. She would have to socialize soon, if only for Kleoth's sake... and the prospect seemed strangely daunting. How odd.

Kleoth, for her part, sank into a stretch with her hindquarters still in the air, her foreclaws flexing with enjoyment before she sat down. Her tail curled around herself, and she happily radiated warm, fond feelings to anyone nearby. How happy it made her to see everyone together and enjoying themselves!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Matotoka

More and more of the young dragons were flocking to the table to soak up their curiosity about the giant fish that was laid out across the table. Matotoka watched as one of the closer ones - a little green - grappled with almost looked to be a desperation for it, smiling with amusement. "You'd think none of them had eaten in their lives," he said to Lesta, soaking in the image of the little dragon and all of the personality she seemed to ooze.

Teiha
/Gently nudges him over/

-----
Aryale and Green Yaguareth

Yaguareth greeted Tecuanith with an eager bump of her head, wings half spreading as though somehow if she pressed them with all her strength it would make her love all the more known in the gesture. Mine is retrieving food now, but perhaps we can find the ones she is keeping an eye out for more easily with a bit of walking, she said, leaning into Aryale's hand as the young woman ran it over a headknob and down the side of her cheek fondly. Truly she'd never looked so happy about anything.

"A drink wouldn't be bad -" she cut off as Weyrlingmaster Orioth reached out to them all to inform that the fish could be sampled by the young dragons. For a moment, she looked back down at Yaguareth. I'll share a small piece of mine with you, Aryale said, quickly retrieving a piece of the large fish to suit a young woman her size. "Better get some fish before all the babies try their mouths at it and leave none for us," Aryale suggested, quickly adding a few of the rolls to her plate to accompany the fish.

"Caught any of your family yet? I'm expecting my mother or father will scoop me up in a moment." Not that she would have mind. She was sure they were all thrilled for her.

Medigel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 pm
User Image

Candidate Aelyx

It was probably horrible to say, but she'd almost not come to the feast. She'd taken her time, going to the Sands first and spending a moment with Eosphoth, before slowly making her way to the hall. Her heart was, perhaps, glad for Huarwar, but seeing him with his bonded would remind her that she now had more worries on her plate than just him in Candidacy. She could loose him Between. To thread. To...Faranth help her, she was afraid. Shaking her head, she situated the decorations she'd made just for tonight, and the gather dress, and then made her way in to the throng. Hopefully he'd like the way she looked...and his Green...was she supposed to be this nervous? Well...She was.

BastetAmun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 pm
User Image User Image

Wren of Bronze Nimrath

The pair would have been content in one place, chattering away, had Nim not heard a JUICY bit of gossip being passed around about a particular delicacy known as Deep Fish. Without further ado, the bronze slowly turned and with all the grace of a Feline made his way to a table where the delicacy was being served. After all, it would simply not do for him to not get a piece, now would it. Wren followed in the wake of his beloved Bronze with fond amusement, taking a seat, as well as a glass of cider, settling himself with a plate of food and feeding the glimmering creature a single piece of Deep fish, entertained when that low thrum of a voice let out a...

Well, what he'd equivocate to a moan. To any of his siblings nearby, Nimrath exclaimed, If you don't try this delicacy tonight, you are missing OUT~! Why, dear Tierboskath has stumbled upon the most delectable treat one might find in all the Turns on Pern! Faranth help him, what a little Drama Wher, but that was alright by Wren. How cute. Pressing a kiss to those headknobs, he took a sip of his drink and a bite of food, "I'm just hoping my N'ceph finds us soon."

Meepfur
For mention

Uta
Cuz he waitin'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm
Danzik and Green Eosphoth

As Brancath settled in the sands not far from her, Eosphoth reached out to offer a ginger touch on the mind of the young dragon. You are so thoughtful to come offer your wing and comfort here when I know so much has happened so close to the hearts recently. You are more than welcome to help, my dear.

MaraRune
Whoops, I forgot to post this.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm
User Image
Stormy - 19, she/her

“Are they?” she asked at Kiri’s compliment, less craving praise and more surprised. “That’s nice...” Maybe she ought not be so shy about sharing, then. Stormy could count on one hand the number of times she had shown her drawings off that didn’t involve asking for a submission in doing so, and somehow it always caught her off guard that they might be viewed as actual art rather than the doodles of a wayward girl looking for a muse, scratching sparks of inspiration on the page in search of fire. Except paper and fire didn’t exactly have a healthy relationship, so that wasn’t a good metaphor...Or maybe a perfect metaphor given the constant consumption of ideas...

She was drifting, so she pulled herself back in. “It’s very nice to meet you, Felisath,” Stormy said, smiling in earnest. “I don’t know if you remember me in the egg, but you were the first one I touched there. You were sweet, and I’m glad you found Yours.”

She faced the journal back to herself, looking up at Kiri’s grin and blinking almost dreamily. “I guess a less crowded place is better, isn’t it,” she noted with a hint of sheepishness. Long ago, she had learned to withdraw into herself when she couldn’t physically withdraw from the crowd; it cocooned her in a mental layer of armor against the noose and the energy that threatened to sap her. But it made sense for the dragonet from the Daisy egg to not like being pushed on. Maybe directly showing her the journal had been a bad idea? Stormy had always found it easier to face and talk to them than to humans for whatever reason. Maybe because the mindscape was more freeing, and yet also more controlled. Maybe because at least you could glimpse their mood in her eyes.

More than once, she was afraid of being asked why hers looked so grey for a human.

“We can move if you—“ A gentleman came up then, and Stormy froze on the floor. Only her eyes moved to scan him, not recognizing his face from past encounters or her sketchbooks. She wasn’t really prepared for anything outside the little list she had made, and like a modern day deer in the headlights, she remained in place. Stay? Go? Her impulse said leave so as not to be a third wheel to someone that apparently knew Kiri, but this was the best (read: easiest) opportunity to approach a weyrling without looking out of the blue. Leaving also meant moving, which meant getting up, which meant every movement was an awkward reminder that she was still on the floor for some reason.

Stormy gave the barest of nods in response to the man, squeaking, “Sure.”

Uta

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:18 pm
Hello, dear brother! Shanath chimed in return. I believe mine will want to see yours later. And I will be wanting to see you! We will join you shortly.

Mine, your friend invites you to join her later. She’s visiting relatives now.

M’ari realized he hadn’t introduced himself at Vosin’s question. “M’ari,” he said and smiled. “I’m so used to it, I figured...” It was easier. No one needed to remember to call him something new. He always introduced himself as Mari anyway! He beamed when she agreed to dance with her. “Great!”

“On our next test day, we should have Killakeeth and Shanath spend time together. I think she’d like that.” Killakeeth had always been so friendly towards him, he hoped they would still have that time.

Dea and #Teddy#

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:32 am
Astriana and Blue Maratath

Astriana didn't mind as her uncle pulled her into a hug, having actually expected it. After all, while he may seem morose to most people, she knew the gentle man that lay underneath. She knew he would recognize the smile in her eyes. She nodded her head, both to acknowledge he had told her she would meet her's and to say she would introduce them.

"Thank you, Uncle, though he certainly made me wait. And you were right, I am sorry I had started to doubt some. Uncle, I want you to meet my blue, Maratath. Maratath, this is my Uncle E'roe. He is the one who raised my brothers and myself. His dragon is brown Dhumavath,"she spoke.

Alright, Shanath, though do take your time with Mother's rider, if you would like. Uncle E'roe, it is nice to finally meet you. Mine's memories are quite fond of you,Maratath thought to his sister first, then to the man His admired.

((Demanthra and Edalla are around, if anyone wants to talk to them. As well as Pemli))

medigel
Hello uncle

Thaliawen
message for sister Shanath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:00 am
Lesta and green Auratath

Lesta looked up at the tall man, the ringing of her earrings a chime-like tinkle, then back down to her dragon, her eyes soft with loving pride in her darling. “I’m not sure where she was able to fit that fish, but she did it.”

The subject of their conversation fixed her still-blue eyes on Matotoka and she came just close enough to reach his leg for a sniff, accidentally bumping into her own rider’s leg on the way with a distracted Oops, as if she’d completely forgotten the girl was there. After that, she dramatically flopped onto her side as if she just couldn’t manage another step, turning a longing gaze back up toward The Fish.

Uncertain if that gurgling in her middle was her own or Auratath’s, Lesta cut herself another small piece of the fish and gingerly ate it on the spot. It was good to her taste, of course, but this time, she also shared her dragon’s opinion… and it… was… glorious. She hid her sudden grin of pure delight behind her knuckles, peering over them at Matotoka. “She enjoyed it just as much when I ate it,” she laughed. “This is wonderful.”

She glanced around at the floor nearby, suddenly realizing that this man, someone she’d seen on the Sands during the Hatching, didn’t seem to have a dragon of his own. It was difficult, but she attempted to stifle a little of her joy for his sake. After knowing what it was like to “fail” to Impress herself, she hoped she hadn’t insulted him.

“I’m Lez—Lesta, formerly of High Reaches,” she said, holding out a hand for a shake. It was both an earnest introduction and (from her perspective) a timely change of subject.

demon_pachabel

Teiha

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 am
User ImageUser Image
Jr. Weyrling Huarwar of Green Miershoth

Miershoth wound her way between Huarwar's legs as the young man walked, placing a couple of pieces of meat onto his plate. He also placed some of the Deep Fish there as well which caused the green to lift her head and watch him. It's for me but if you'd like some I won't mind sharing. He knew the green had said she didn't want any at the moment but he could tell that she was just as curious about it as her siblings were. It didn't help that Nimrath was making such a fuse over how it tasted.

Grabbing some cider and moving to a table to place the food down Huarwar noticed who he was looking for. The smile on his lips spread as he placed his food and drink down and then moved over to where Aelyx was standing.

"You look beautiful." He hugged her when he reached her, wanting so much to place a kiss on her lips, instead he opted to placing one on her forehead. "Come one, I want you to meet Miershoth." He took Aelyx's hand and lead her towards the table he had placed his food upon.

Miershoth watched as Huarwar moved back over and sat regally as she watched him appear with the other most important person in his life. Moving towards Aelyx, Miershoth nosed her dress, sniffing the woman until she felt satisfied. This was fine, she would be very content with sharing her Huarwar with this woman. It was because of her that Huarwar had stayed so long to even have been here for her after Henwas death.

MaraRune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm
Matotoka

"Clearly moved something to fit it in," Matotoka said, watching Auratath as she drew closer. For a moment he considered offering his hand for the little dragon to sniff, but she seemed content with what she'd already taken in. Baby dragons were awfully cute when they weren't likely to lash out violently in their hunt to complete themself.

There was no pang of longing, of being passed over, at Lesta's words. A seed of uncertainty if he was wrong to not be put out and drowning his woes in food and alcohol, maybe, but he didn't feel like he'd been left incomplete at the door. But there was a muted display of fascination at the decree, watching her face as every stage of food-fueled bliss passed over jt. "Maybe you'll enjoy fish even more for the rest of your life," he suggested, looking from Lesta down to her newly bonded again.

For a moment Matotoka tried to remember if she'd come from one of the eggs he had touched.

Taking Lesta's hand, he held it in a firm shake. "Matotoka. I can't say I've ever been as far as High Reaches. Think you'll enjoy the change in scenery?"

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:06 pm
K'bet and Blue Rubiginth

Despite his years of experience with attending feasts, K'bet was running late. Rubiginth was quite antsy over it all, but with five firelizards and a handful of outfits that leaned more toward inappropriate than he would have liked, there was no way they were arriving early. After finally choosing a rather flouncy white shirt, dark brown brocade trousers tucked into knee-high boots, and a deep red cape, of all things, the man and his dragon traipsed through the Bowl and toward the party.

When the little blue made an immediate beeline for his brown brother, K'bet's stomach did a brief flip. He was well aware of the chaotic nature of unbonded hatchlings, but that didn't erase the image of this particular dragonet going on a miniature rampage. He hung back, two of his green flits appearing on his shoulders as he stared down the mousse.

Yoneth! Isn't it wonderful to see everyone out of their eggs? Not that it wasn't excellent fun to hear our clutch chattering on the sands, but this... it's a proper beginning! Rubiginth's back legs flopped as he took a seat, bright blue eyes trained on the brown. We can finally get started! He knew Yoneth was not the type to give him a lengthy yarn, but his brother was naturally heroic. Getting a glimpse of this moment through his eyes would make a delicious opener to the story of their lives.

K'bet didn't dawdle long, and soon he was approaching V'den's table, giving the man what he hoped was a serious enough nod, even though he was sort of grinning through it. "Hey, um, congratulations. I'm K'bet of... well... nowhere before this."

Lothwolf
egg neighbor! kind of! XD

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas