Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[IC EGG BETTING] Make it Quick, Please. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm
Well. That was quite the bet. Though it was one of those, like the boy who had bet he'd be killed on the sands, that seemed to bode bad luck. "Fine. I simply counter that it won't be the case."

Niika is betting that won't happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 pm
It was a time honored tradition, betting on clutches, and Ahlalei was one for doing just that. Approaching Niika, she indicated she wanted to talk. “I understand that you are taking bets. I am betting that there will be a gold and the gold will go to a High Reaches candidate.” She paused as if to let the lady note this down. “I also have a second bet that a blue will be a stands impression.”

Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will chose a High Reaches candidate
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Niika in turn had indicated she needed a moment to draw her task to an appropriate pausing place before she hunted through her pockets for her notes, which after weeks of pulling them out and then stuffing back in were starting to look a bit rumpled around the edges. It certainly was a good thing that she was writing these down in duplicate. At Ahlalei's given pauses, Niika scribbled down her words feverishly, then paused to look them over with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Very well. For your first, I bet it will go to a candidate who has stood for at least two clutches," she countered. As for the second, she had to flip through Shalaera's notes on that one. "For your blue.....I bet we will see a maximum of two stands impressions."

Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea)
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 pm
Quote:

This list of bets is for easy grabbing and also so if someone wants to change things/never saw my counterbet, they can see it! This thread will lock when the first egg hatches so you have until then to make any changes once the golds start humming!

faesinger

-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch.
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead.

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will chose a High Reaches candidate
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea)
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions.

SilverLutz

-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg.
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is.

Princess_Feylin

-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch.
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch.

Teiha

-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue.
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue.

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate.
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions.

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death.
-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed.

Meepfur

-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate.
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average.

dawns_aura

-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker

-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch.

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC.
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do.

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching.

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch.
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl.

ShinosBee

-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate!

Magnadearel

-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch!

Sweet Symmetry

-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch.
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win.

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch.

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch.
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's.

demon_pachabel

-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate!

-Niika has made no counter bet.
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie

-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch.
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch.

Akina Tokuwa

-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color.

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys.

houllow

-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates!

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between
-Niika is betting that won't happen.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:11 am
Between Candidate training and flexing with Fisher, it had taken awhile before Willim was finally able to track down Niika after hearing she was taking bets for the double clutch. Gambling was a time-honored tradition, and he didn't want to miss his chance.

He ran over to her, still carrying the broom he'd been using to muck out the latrines, shirtless and sweaty. "Niika! So you're taking bets on the clutches? Cause I have a wager! I bet that the first egg that hatches will be a bronze, and it'll hatch from Rhianth's clutch." He grinned at her. "You got that?"

Willim bets that a bronze from Rhianth's clutch will be the first egg to hatch.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 pm
It was the most sought out Niika had been in her life - for a woman who usually went entirely unnoticed. When she'd seen one of the candidates on the approach - shirtless and holding a broom that stank beyond between and back, it was impossible for her to not make a bit of a face.

Only for a moment, though. "I'm handling them on behalf of another, yes," she confirmed, already hunting through her pockets for her list of notes so she could add to it. First to hatch is a bronze from Rhianth, she noted, then nodded to herself, mostly. "Very well. I think we'll see..." she flipped through her notes quickly, "I bet our last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's clutch."

Niika bets that a bronze from Fianth's clutch will be the last to hatch.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 pm
There's a wet, snuffly gurgle from the tiny baby boy in her arms, and Keris shifts him where they sit in a softer chair, She eyes her.. acquaintance? Daresay, friend..? Companion that was bringing her meals while she was in such a delicate state, and rubbed her son's back soothingly.

"I'd.. like to make a wager. Please." If it wasn't too late, she had heard Niika had been taking wagers... She hadn't seen the eggs, couldn't even attempt to make egg bets without even knowing what kind of count there would be, but -- "The candidate -- Phryana -- she'll Impress to one from Rhianth's clutch." Despite how utterly pale her weakness had left her, it didn't quite stop the dusting of pink to creep in.

Keris bets Phryana will Impress from Rhianth's clutch.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:33 pm
Niika regarded the baby in Keris' arms with a soft smile. He really was darling, even if mother and child had a rough start with the entire thing. Still, it surprised her a bit when the new mother spoke up about a bet - eggs hadn't been too constant of a topic after all.

Still, she fished out her notes after setting down the meal she'd brought with her to set it to the record. "Very well. I bet she will impress a male dragon," she stated decisively.

Niika bets Phyrana will impress a boy!...A boy dragon.

Prism Shine
I know I've locked this but if this doesn't sound like a fair counter bet let me know and I'll work out an alternate!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:37 pm
FINAL STOCK ON THESE BETS!

I clearly have more winners than eggs, so when I get my brain more about me, I will roll a picking order. You can either pick one of these eggs for betting OR pick to wait until I get my next clutch of Firelizard Eggs (with some caveats)

OOC WINNERS:

Faesinger
NovaCracker
Magnadearel
Sweet Symmetry
Tatterpixie
Akina Tokuwa
Houllow

faesinger
-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch. - WIN
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead. - LOSS

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will choose a High Reaches candidate - -- (Character specified only *a* gold would hatch, 2 hatched voice) -
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr - WIN

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea) - -- (Specified 'it' referring to the gold that would win Ahlalei her bet, still moot)
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions. - So far there are 3. - LOSS

Lutz
-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg. - LOSS, FIRST HP CLUTCH EGG WAS SLYTHERIN
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is. - Win

Princess_Feylin
-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch. - LOSS
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch. - WIN

Teiha
-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue. - WIN
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue. - WIN

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate. - YOU WISHED THIS INTO BEING YOU HORRIBLE PERSON
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions. - there are 3 - WIN

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. - 1 Dead - LOSS

-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed. - A minimum of 7 NON PACH CONTRIBUTION candidates have been maimed WIN

Meep
-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate. - WIN, LOSS [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'A' gold in actual verbage)
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average. - WIN, WATCHING SECOND GOLD (waiting for profile) [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'Your' Gold, referring to the one that would win Sylfie's bet.)

dawns_aura
-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one - 2 golds, 21 Greens, 15 Blues. Fianth's clutch maimed 2, Rhianth's Clutch maimed a minimum of 7 - LOSS
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker
-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.- WIN
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC. - WIN
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do. - 7 to HR, 3 to Western, 1 from Stands - LOSS

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell - WIN (Imperio and Dementor)
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching. - WIN (Crucio and Sectum Sempra)

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch. - Win
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl. - Win

ShinosBee
-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching - LOSS
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate! - Loss

Magnadearel
-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch! - LOSS

Sweet Symmetry
-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch. - LOSS, SLYTHERIN HATCHED FIRST
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win. - Win

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch - WIN
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs - 36 Male, 25 Female - LOSS
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown - 1 ladyblue, 2 lady on a brown - WIN

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch. - LOSS
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's. - LOSS

ME
-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate! - LOSS

-Niika has made no counter bet. - LOSS
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie
-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch. - WIN
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-Willim bets the first to hatch will be a bronze from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets the last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's - LOSS

Akina Tokuwa
-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color. - 31 Girls, 31 Boys, So Many Unconventional Colors - LOSS BECAUSE TIE? - Giving it because the 'last' boy to impress...technically didn't. - WIN

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys. 8/21 Boys on Greens - LOSS

houllow
-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate - LOSS - Mic went to Nyara who is HR
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates! - LOSS

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between - WIN
-Niika is betting that won't happen. - LOSS

Prism Shine
- Keris bets Phyrana will impress from Rhianth's clutch (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again)
-Niika bets Phyrana will impress a male dragon (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again
- DOUBLE LOSS

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 7 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. Faesinger
2. NovaCracker
3. Magnadearel
4. Sweet Symmetry
5. Tatterpixie
6. Akina Tokuwa
7. Houllow

First Pick:  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 4!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. NovaCracker
2. Magnadearel
3. Sweet Symmetry
4. Tatterpixie
5. Akina Tokuwa
6. Houllow

First Pick: Faesinger
Second Pick:  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 4!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. NovaCracker
2. Magnadearel
3. Sweet Symmetry
4. Akina Tokuwa
5. Houllow

Second Pick: Tatterpixie
Third Pick:  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 3!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:46 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. NovaCracker
2. Magnadearel
3. Sweet Symmetry
4. Houllow

Third Pick: Akina Tokuwa
Fourth Pick:  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. NovaCracker
2. Magnadearel
3. Houllow

Fourth Pick: Sweet Symmetry
Fifth Pick:  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am
ROLLING PICKING ORDER:

1. Magnadearel
2. Houllow

Fourth Pick: Sweet Symmetry
Fifth Pick: NovaCracker