Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Spooky Clutch Weyrlings] Fly So High! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm
Suwayeth is a motivated weyrling!

6 : You manage to make it off the ground, but in your confidence, you didn't account for the shore breezes, and one of them throws you off-balance and back down on the ground. Ouch! Good thing the sand doesn't hurt...much.

The irritation was palpable as Suwayeth got to her feet, slowly spreading her wings and shaking sand from herself. She was never the type to allow irritation get to her, yet it was a spike in her paw for the moment. Kieza sent soothing thoughts to her, trying to aid her in the process of making her feel better. She rolled her shoulders and arched her neck. She could do this!

With a growl, she flapped her wings, and once gain, she found herself airborne. And then... A quiver of wind, a yanking sensation. And then she meeting ground again. She laid there for a long moment on the sands, wondering if she should even bother getting up. The others would be laughing at her, wouldn't they?

"Suwayeth! I believe in you! Try something different! Don't you let the wind win!" Kieza called, a wave of love assaulting the dragon the dragon through the bond. Her rider was right!  
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:27 pm

3. Nothing happened. You jumped, you flapped, and you find yourself with all four legs on the ground. Hmm, maybe you didn't quite do it right.

She could do this! No. She had to do this! Kieza deserved only the best! And Suwayeth was not delivering at all.

She would try something different. Flapping her wings, Suwayeth leapt upward. And then her feet met ground again. The weyrling was beginning to feel aggravation needling at her.

"Stay calm! Try again!" Kieza called, sending mental images of what she noticed some of her siblings had succeeded in doing. Perhaps... She could try.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:42 pm

5: They not only make it into the air, but they look to be a natural! They catch a thermal and rise high up! Yeee haw!

With some coaxing, Suwayeth pulled in a looooooong breath and then slowly released, letting a bit of her tension go as well. With a trumpet of challenge toward the very wind itself, the green weyrling spread her wings. She pulled st her connection with Kieza and felt the loving pull back. Do you feel it, my beloved? Do you feel the wind? You are no landbeast bound to the earth, you are the ruler of the skies. Fly! Fly high! Suwayeth bugled and leapt forward and felt it then, a difference in the feel of the air. She felt a shoving sensation push at the membranes of her wings and then she was being pushed skyward, higher and higher.

Kieza let out a loud whooping call and was met with a gleeful trumpet and a heady rush of happiness. Suwayeth was flying!  
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 pm

7: Hey, this is fun! Your dragon manages to lift off and lay on the ocean breezes. While they are high up n the air, they seem to be a natural, catching a thermal here, and finding a down draft there. They know when to glide, when to soar, and when to wheel. How fun!

Now this! This was something she could get used to. Suwayeth let out a loud bugle, delighting in the way her wings cupped the air and pushed her upwards with an uncommon ease. The take-off may have not been a graceful sight to behold, but now Suwayeth looked like an aerial champion! Long, gangly wings that seemed so awkward on the ground now seemed to rule the winds in a graceful manner.

On the ground, Kieza was laughing. She couldn't help it. The rush of feeling and the literal feeling of wind beneath her nonexistent wings was intoxicating. The girl had to sit down to keep from falling over. "You're doing wonderful, Suwayeth!" She yelled happily up at the swooping green who bugled out a returning call to her rider. "Keep it up!"  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:52 pm
Three hearts beat in terrified unison as Nzambith fell, but before she got too close to the sea a familiar green dragon swooped in and caught her. Vennodren nearly fell over into the water himself out of relief, a cool wave of safety and protection enveloping him. He slogged out of the shallows in the direction that Asilaeth and Ty'bar were landing in, stumbling over his own feet to get there. Shells, but that had been terrifying!

"Thank you," he said, breathless as he finally reached the small green and her rider. "That was terrifying but I suppose a good lesson all in the same." He reached out to rest his hand on Asilaeth's leg, hoping she didn't mind his sweaty palm.

Nzambith - who had been curled up tightly against the larger green's chest - slowly unfurled as she realized she was safely on the ground once more. Lifting her head, her eyes swirling a multitude of colors as she spotted Venn, she began to squirm to get down. Vennodren took the dragonet out of Asi's arms, snuggling her gently.

He heard Amra approach and he turned to her, a relieved smile on his face.

"Yes, I think so. Just a scare," he said, rubbing the smooth skin of Nzam's back. "Flying isn't as easy as we thought, is it my dear?"

Nzam, still a bit shook, just gave a tiny tired bugle in reply. She heard the calls of concern from her siblings and glanced up at the sky, giving them a shaky but reassuring wave of affirmment that she was all right. Words were never really her forte and in the moment she was 'verbally' quiet.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel"

demon_pachabel rolled 1 8-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-8)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:27 pm
Hessianth is still Motivated - but pride does come before the fall

Nzambith's wave of assurance made Hessianth push back one of his own before he did another circle to go back around again and making a mad dash out above the water.

Loreleth! It's fine! Come! Join us! Hessianth again tried to lure his uncertain brother up into the air with him, clearly enjoying his newfound freedom...but the sudden jolt of his rider's mind caused him to quickly refocus on what he was doi---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was a loud honk of concern as Hessianth went higher and higher and it was clear to anybody watching that, perhaps, this hadn't been the brown's idea at all.

Hessianth! Stop flailing! I AM NOT FLAILING! But he was absolutely flailing and soon it was clear that the brown would not be staying up in the air. Certainly, he didn't cry out for help, absolutely determined to figure it out on his own or die trying as he began his descent. Then, in a moment, Eosphoth was there, trilling concern, but easily maneuvering around him to straighten out wings and balance him into a gentle glide.

He landed on all fours in the sand on the beach, cheeping bewilderedly, before shaking out his body - and cackling with laughter. WELL! There went my plans for a new form of freeform dragon diving! he made the jab at himself for all to hear even as his rider approached to check him over, looking off towards the retreating form of his mother's green. You gave me a heart attack! L'nik said as he checked over the brown, testing for tender muscles from his panicked flail (that had not been a flail thank you very much!).

Hessianth trilled. Nonsense! Your heart is perfectly undamaged! Well you took ten turns off my life And I'll add fourty more on! You're still ahead!

Clearly, he wasn't taking things as seriously as he should have.

Silverlutz

Uta
COME FLY EVERYTHING'S FINE (and then it wasn't)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling rolled 1 8-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-8)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am
Brancath is a motivated weyrling  
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 am

6. You wheel and dive, finding joy in the long dives, only to catch yourself at the last moment. You spread your wings, and turn the fall into a glide, trumpeting success despite Orioth bellowing a warning. Don't do anything stupid -- otherwise you could get hurt! Don't take needless risks!

Suwayeth continued to fly, catching every updraft, pulling her higher and higher into the air. Her eyes were caught on a random cloud above her. Higher! She wanted to climb to that cloud, but her wings were not quite ready for that type of height. With a long breath, the bright and dark green dragon, turning her nose downward and with her eyes now pointed down toward the white-capped waves... she closed her wings against her body. And... fell. Her body plummeted like a rock toward the waters below. She heard Oriath's roaring bellow, noting her dive, but ignored it as her wings snapped open, turning the dive into a glide over the waves. She answered Oriath with a trumpet of success, though she knew that his warning was not to be unheeded.

She eyed the large dragon for a moment before tilting her head toward where her rider say, and noticed the cloud-white form of a fellow dragonet she was more than happy to see. Her eyes swirled purple and she bugled a greeting to Brancath. Come, beautiful sister! Come fly with me!

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
tatterpixie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:51 pm
Tinanath is a very Motivated Little Derg! Would anyone expect less of him?

3. Nothing happened. You jumped, you flapped, and you find yourself with all four legs on the ground. Hmm, maybe you didn't quite do it right.

Today was the big day! Tinanath practically bounced as he stood next to his beloved. Today was the day he would fly! He had been working hard to get to this moment, training and practicing and even getting airborne on occasion. Not that he was a fat dragon by any stretch; he was solid and heavily muscled, that was all. And those muscles would carry him into the air with ease!

The young blue spread his wings and stretched them in anticipation. You'll see, Mine -- I will fly with ease! I know exactly how to do it. It was true, too! He had paid attention to the Weyrlingmaster's lessons and instructions, and besides, he naturally had the instincts to fly. Nevermind that his clutchmates also had those instincts; his were clearly superior.

Ph'ton laughed, as he often did at Tinanath's sometimes overconfident antics, and petted the dragonet's head. "I know you can do it! If I know you, you'll show your siblings how it's done!" Perhaps it was his lifemate's confidence bleeding into his thoughts, but Ph'ton felt sure that Tinanath would have no problem with flying at all.

Tinanath watched a number of the other Weyrlings take flight. Now was the time for him to outdo all of them! Stepping away from Ph'ton, he stretched his wings out and began flapping them. Harder and harder, leaping into the air as he flapped away. But nothing happened. He didn't soar, he didn't even glide. He paused in his mad flapping. I think the wind is wrong in this direction,, he grumbled, raising his head to test the air. Yes, that was obviously it. He'd have to try again.  
tatterpixie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:58 pm
Tinanath is still a very Motivated Little Derg!

6. You manage to make it off the ground, but in your confidence, you didn't account for the shore breezes, and one of them throws you off-balance and back down on the ground. Ouch! Good thing the sand doesn't hurt...much.

Turning around to face the shore, Tinanath tried again. He leapt and flapped his wings and even started running along the ground to catch the wind. And it worked! The blue lifted into the air, flapping frantically to gain height. Pausing to spread his wings into a soar, he looked back toward Ph'ton, sending intense feelings of pride to his beloved rider. See, Mine? I KNEW it would be easy-

Just then a gust coming off the ocean caught one wing. The dragonet suddenly began to tumble in a spiral groundward, landing hard on his side in the sand. Luckily he hadn't gotten too high, or he might have hurt himself. As it was, his pride was severely wounded.

Tinanath stood and shook the sand off himself. This was getting annoying.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:13 pm

4. Still nothing. This time you gave a running start, but though you flapped, your downstroke must not have been hard enough. Though it was a solid leap, you don't make flight.

Something must be wrong. Tinanath pondered for a moment. Was he flapping his wings correctly? Was flying really that different than gliding? He'd at least gotten some air this last time, so at least some of what he was doing was right.

More determined than ever, he tried again. This time he didn't even get his feet off the ground. He skidded to a stop, eyes whirling in frustration. He was going to fly if it took all day!  
tatterpixie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:18 pm

1. Nothing happened. You jumped, you flapped, and you find yourself with all four legs on the ground. Hmm, maybe you didn't quite do it right.

Once more he tried, and once more he didn't make it into the air. He KNEW he was doing it right, or at least thought he was. Maybe the previous fall had hurt one of his wings! That had to be it. Ooooo, he crooned sadly, favoring the wing he'd landed on.

Ph'ton, suddenly concerned, hurried to Tinanath's side and felt his wing. "There's nothing wrong with it," he reassured the little blue. "C'mon, you can do ii! I believe in you!"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:24 pm

4. Still nothing. This time you gave a running start, but though you flapped, your downstroke must not have been hard enough. Though it was a solid leap, you don't make flight.

Nooooo, Tinanath complained. See? He tried running and flapping again, leaping into the air and flapping frantically before landing on his belly in the sand. There must be something wrong! he wailed with a sad little noise.

"You're being a baby." Ph'ton shook his head with a smile. "If you were hurt, you'd know it." He helped the dragonet back to his feet and hugged him around the neck. "I believe in you," he murmured.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:32 pm

I'll try again, but with this wing... Again Tinanath ran, and again he failed to get airborne. He galumphed gracelessly to a stop. It HAD to be the wing. There was no other explanation! He would be soaring with the others by now if that dratted gust of wind hadn't caught him and tossed him to the ground....  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:37 pm

2. Confidence suits you! Some of your siblings might not be sure about this flying thing, but you take to the sky with ease. You manage to leap high and your downstroke is sure. You find yourself airborne without a hitch or stumble!

"Come on, my love," Ph'ton encouraged Tinanath. "You can do it. I know you can. Do if for me."

The blue dragonet tested his wing. It didn't hurt. Had his rider's love healed him? He had to give it one more try. As Ph'ton stepped back, Tinanath started running and flapping his wings again, this time careful to time his wingbeats with his gait. With a mighty bugle, he leapt into the air again -- and was flying!

Mine! Mine! Look at me! he trumpeted proudly, his supposedly wounded wing forgotten.

Ph'ton let out a whoop. "You're flying! Jailla, look, Tinanath is flying!"

Thaliawen
I wanted to get him airborne before quoting you in XD

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out