Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Giveaway Raffle/RP - God and a Large Purge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm
I would like to enter for a couple of these bbies ;_;

Chau, Wakhakwi, Shusui, Inzondo-mnyama  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm
I would like to enter for Chau, Paki, Shusui, and Lapis, if that's okay!

To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: Redbud-Tree
# of Gods you currently have: Zero
Entry:

The worst sort of loneliness wasn't the kind you felt when out by yourself, alone but for the sky, the land, and the stars. Oh, it could be lonely enough if you weren't suited for that kind of lifestyle, but there was a peacefulness to it to - a calm and quiet that could be a balm to a wounded soul. No, the worst sort of loneliness came to one when they were surrounded by others - surrounded, yet apart.

Athrun had not visited these lands for some time: the air reeked of death and illness, and everywhere there were lions sick and suffering. He kept near the edges, not wishing to venture too near a place marked by another deity, but even so he could see that there was something going on. A celebration of some sort? It seemed like it, with the joyful voices he heard carried on the wind, laughter and happiness even among the death and sorrow. But it was not this that caught his attention: no, there was someone in the middle of that celebration who drew his focus as only the most lonely could.

But - he didn't want to go near the heart of a place that belonged to someone else, let alone one that bore faint but recognizable traces of another god or gods having been there fairly recently. So he hesitated. In the end, though, he hadn't needed to worry, because soon a sad-eyed lioness made her way from the gathering, her paws carrying her over the ground toward the farther reaches of their territory - and right to Athrun. He stood, drawing a gasp as the lioness stumbled over her paws and backed up, startled and intimidated.

"O-oh! Hello," she said, and smiled brightly. It may have fooled someone more ignorant, but Athrun saw right through the false expression she wore. "I didn't think there was anyone else out here." Her voice shook, and Athrun watched her quietly as her shoulders shook. "Um - we're not really able to allow visitors," she spoke once more, tail twitching behind her. "And - I - I - I can't do this right now, can you come back later if you want someone to show you where it's safe to travel, I just want to be alone."

Now Athrun spoke, closing the distance between the two of them and placing a paw over hers, covering the lioness' trembling foot with his own.

"No," he said softly, gaze kind. "You don't."

The lioness simply blinked at him for a moment, and then the fake smile she had been trying to hold onto broke, and she sniffed, looking away. "...You're right," she said, and looked back over her shoulder at the celebration in the distance. "You're right. If I did, I'd still be back there."

Again Athrun spoke, voice gentle. "I'll stay with you until their party ends." And he could see, from the tiny light of hope in the lioness' eyes, that it was the right thing to do. She would become lonely again, in time, but for now he could provide her with comfort - with company that did not ask and did not judge, but simply eased the longing sadness within her.

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

laefe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:10 pm
Everything should be updated again. I'll be closing this at noon EST tomorrow and I'll post for the RP contest winner(s?) first and then roll the raffle.

Thanks again for all of you that want to breathe new life into my babies. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:16 pm
emotion_bigheart Hey there, familiar face!
I'd love to enter for Paki, Shusui, Inzondo-mnyama, Temari, and Kizaki!

To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: oo DeD
# of Gods you currently have: None
Entry:
(The lioness used here is my Monifa, who was cared for as a cub by Athrun in his past life!)

The lioness was still as he watched her. Quietly and to himself, Athrun wondered if she remained this still out of some semblance of peacefulness, or if the stillness was a consequence of the pale lioness's obvious age. He felt compelled to move closer, like there was a thread deep in his chest that pulled him towards her. The god had long since grown accustomed to following such a pull. Often, his domain navigated his steps even when he didn't think about it.

"What are you looking at?" he asked as he grew near. He had exchanged pleasantries with the lioness earlier in that day and kept her company as the sun began to set. They had said their hellos and introduced themselves. He didn't know why he felt compelled to give a false name. He wondered if she would even recognize him. He looked different, now, and even if it didn't it had been so long…

Her pale eyes looked calmly over the empty land below the hill where she sat. "Nothing," she responded, her voice soft and distant. There was a gentleness to the lioness, and not one that just came from her older age. Monifa was composed, not even remotely shaken by his towering presence (which still towered over her, though his wings and accessories were hidden and he appeared only as a large, white lion).

Athrun furrowed his brow and followed her gaze out. "What do you mean?" he spoke softly in turn, trying to coax out more of a response from her. There was more that she had to say. He could sense it. "There's lots out there. The trees and the grass and all the life."

"Yes, but…" she started, then her voice trailed off into a sigh. The lioness turned her blue eyes towards him. Something in those eyes gnawed at his heart.

It was easy to recognize loneliness. It was his domain, after all. But hat didn't make the hollow pain any less painful to see. Athrun met her eyes briefly, then looked away.

"I know how you feel," he started, his tail brushing up against her comfortingly. He looked out over the grasslands again. "How it doesn't matter if you're surrounded by life and excitement. How, even if you go to the ends of the world, there's this emptiness that seems to follow you." Athrun looked back to her. He reached out a paw and set it on hers.

"Even if you're lonely, you're never alone," he murmured with a wry smile.

She smiled in return soft and gentle, and a breath left her. It felt light, like a weight had left her chest. "You always know what to say. Don't you, old friend?"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 pm
Could I enter for all?

.:edit:. whoops, just say that announcement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm
- Mynsed -

You're okay dear, I'll add your name. Everyone should have a chance. Mostly that end time was to make it easier for the fam and I to judge the roleplay contest.  

laefe

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:20 pm
This was literally the hardest RP contest I've ever had to judge. I actually pulled in outside help with my hubby and kiddos, so they helped once I narrowed it down a bit and read to the kids. Haha. There were a few arguments about who deserved what and exactly what "Interacting" was in respect to speaking or just being physically around another. Some of you broke my heart and made me cry, no lie. In the end my hubby actually chose the winner but I agree with him. However! I'm giving away ALL of my SoA (save two very special ones I can't part with) and there isn't just one winner here. I might not have as many gods to give away, but I do have some prizes to give away to the top five all the same. heart I'll post for them to be certed later today for all of you, that way they get the correct parents on them.

Please no one be upset by the choices in winners, I promise that it was utterly impartial with the help of three people that have never even seen these guys before. It's my hope that everyone ends up roleplaying these guys in their own way and loving them no matter who they won. I did try to match up some of them based on what I saw in journals and the feelings that I got from your entries. I want everyone to leave her happy so please bear with my decisions on who gets who!

WINNER

Hattaki
Kudos, you actually won after an argument my kids and hubby had about whether talking was important or not. In the end you ended it with hope and a beginning and that's what won you the contest! It seems fitting for his new chance at life to have hope.

I'll be messaging you all of his and Hati's forms soon as well as a list of his powers that I can remember, but for now congratulations!

Second Place

Ecavi
Holy moly did I ever cry with yours. I chose you myself for how well you handled that and I just loved your entry. For you: Taka-Okami, a sometimes violent Maned Wolf with tattoos (Sadly I don't have a tattoo-less image of him, sorry dear, I lost a lot during the years! I don't even know if Reityn is around anymore but she tattooed him up wonderfully.) and a scar over one of his two-toned eyes. You can have him scar-less or scarred. Up to you. I just happened to see that you had a lot of tattooed SoA and thought this would be an excellent addition.

Third Place

oo DeD
Yours also ended with hope and love! I'm so happy to see Monifa again and alive. heart I hope she finds him once more outside of this contest! For you: Mushu, Temari's sassy grandson and Kizaki's nephew through Phiferwolf and Kijani's WDs. I don't know if either of them are around anymore, but he's pretty much a blank slate, so have fun with him! Unfortunately he doesn't have an adol stage, he was one of the ones that were skipped back in the day, sorry! Maybe someday he'll get to meet his grandmother or aunty!

Fourth Place

Peppermint Coffee
Poor lioness, you did a wonderful job of showing how they interacted together even in the end. Sometimes the end is just the beginning. For you: Ithayiga, Realta's older brother and a tattoo artist that enjoys searching around for items to turn into ink for his clients. He has a tattoo on his face that you can choose to keep or do away with. Syr owns some members of his family and his (almost) twin brother belongs to someone no longer around unfortunately.

Fifth Place

Krysin
Yours broke my heart as well, but death comes in life no matter what we try and do and I felt a lot of hope in there too. For you: Akiiki, Athrun's scarred up son who was once possessed by a demon that tormented his life. In the end he nearly gave that life for his mate that belonged to Pink Myth way back when and was trampled, hence his numerous scars. You can have him with or without the really nasty ones, but Dusty customed in the scars on his face so those stay! Some of his cubs might still be around, they're related to both Athrun's old form and Syr's Nyek through their mother.

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 18!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm
belloblossom
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
ChexaRain
AstoriaFallen
MangoMeow
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Vesale
- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

Was not expecting that right out of the gate. *Laughs* You win Artemis!

laefe

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 3!

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm
Isitini

belloblossom
Shesha Sama
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
Ctrl F Greenie
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Vesale
- Mynsed -

AgeofTwilight

Isitini is yours! Syr owns both his parents now and looks like - Mynsed - now owns his little sis!

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 5!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:32 pm
Sioda

belloblossom
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
Andranis
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Polette
Vesale
- Mynsed -

Cajanic

Sioda's all yours! He's a rouge right now but obviously he came from the Pridelands. Plots are all yours, he likes to dig. *laughs*

laefe

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 13!

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 pm
Chau

belloblossom
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
AstoriaFallen
Ctrl F Greenie
Ecavi
MangoMeow
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Polette
Vesale
Daffupanda
Redbud-Tree
- Mynsed -

Anderleit

Chau is all yours now! And I was kinda wrong, she's deaf, not mute. My memories are bad about these guys sometimes but I did some back reading. She didn't talk all that much though. Once upon a time she was in the Dawn Walkers and had some cubs there, but I don't think they're around anymore.

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:46 pm
Paki

belloblossom
Shesha Sama
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
AstoriaFallen
Ecavi
Meepfur
MangoMeow
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
Lady Kitania
Polette
Vesale
Z o m b i k ii
Redbud-Tree
oo DeD
- Mynsed -

Gracie Loff

You won Paki! heart This big fluffy blind guy was always one of my favorites to play and he's just a big sweetie. Enjoy him and give him lots of life for me! All those items make different noises that he loves, that's why he has them but feel free to use the non-items option too.

laefe

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 21 ... 19!

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm
Wakhakwi

belloblossom
NovaCracker
Shesha Sama
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
AstoriaFallen
Ctrl F Greenie
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Polette
Vesale
Daffupanda
- Mynsed -

Vesale

Kwi is yours! This big burly lion is a protector by nature and loved Shu very much when I was roleplaying them. They're married in the Ela but like Ecavi said, divorce is now a thing. So choice is yours!

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 18!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 pm
Shusui

belloblossom
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
ChexaRain
AstoriaFallen
Ctrl F Greenie
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
Andranis
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Polette
Vesale
Daffupanda
Redbud-Tree
oo DeD
- Mynsed -

Polette

You win the super shy one. Haha. Based off of a koifish she was colored by Meep! This much I remember. She started as part of a pride I can't even remember anymore. Hime owned her mom way back in the day. She's part of the Ela and adores Kwi, he protects her and she in turn gives him all of her love. They were members of the Bird Clan together? But talk to Ecavi and Safaia to see if they still are/are still married.

laefe

laefe generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 11!

laefe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 pm
Inzondo-mnyama

belloblossom
AgeofTwilight
Gracie Loff
Ctrl F Greenie
Excited Apathy
Cajanic
Koiasi
Epine de Rose
nessiaing
Anderleit
Puhterodactyl
Hattaki
Andranis
ChaosTheories
Lady Kitania
Vesale
Daffupanda
oo DeD
- Mynsed -

Puhterodactyl

I hope you're ready for a pretty dark lion. You got Inzondo-mnyama, probably the most evil guy I ever had. He's a cannibal who was kept in check by his 'mate' that was owned by Phife. Said guy probably isn't around anymore, so his darker side will most likely take over again. Good luck!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He was a custom adult, he has no other forms!

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff