[ORP - West] The Moon Comes to Visit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm
"I say we should meet at the bazaar, it usually has the most activity, and it's a good spot to get a good cultural feel for our House." She was sure her family would need assistance with the rather large amount of guests they had acquired. But that hardly meant she couldn't find an opportunity to slip away and indulge this pair of Mwezi. If even these two lions returned to their pride telling of how kind and welcoming the Tianxia was, she would have done her pride well.

"I will try my best to be on time, but please forgive me if I happen to be late. There are quite a lot of you, and I am sure my spare time will be quickly consumed." She was a busy lioness, after all, even if their House could sometimes be considered more leisurely.

"Chen," she playfully bopped the cub on her nose. "You should know better than to wander off without your parents. You'll just make them worry over you."

---

Taigi had his curiosities about the Jini-msemi's tradition to send young adults out on their own and expect them to find a new name. He had to wonder how many just walked outside of the pride for a while, picked a name at random, and returned. There had to be more to it, but Taigi just couldn't see it. "I have never traveled before," though that wasn't to say he hadn't been tempted considering all that had happened in his life.

"So I have to think I am a little out of my league with all of this," he admitted with a kind laugh. "But, to answer your question. Yes, we're a lion only pride. I have never seen so many species intermingling with one another. You accept all felines here in Tianxia?"

AstoriaFallen

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Matakwa sat quietly across the crowd from his sister. He had been honored that she had chosen him as one of the two to come here ahead of the group, and had taken the role seriously. He had kept watch for any overt hostility or resentment, but he also had kept himself open and friendly to the Tianxians. It was a delicate balance, and an odd one, for a male who had never left the core of his home pride's lands. Still, it had been so exciting to venture forth, to cross unknown territory, and now to be immersed in not just new individuals, but an entirely new culture.

He found himself fascinated, gazing in wonder at the many beauties that West House had to offer. Though he had met several new people, he felt he had yet to actually make friends with anyone, and was determined to do so. Of course, the newest and oddest thing to adjust to was the inclusion of non-lion species. He had seen all of them, or so he felt like. Leopards and cheetahs and even wild dogs! In fact... was that... surely not? A hybrid! Amazing. Still, he was on the job, so he kept his eyes roving about the crowd, a smile of enjoyment on his face. One need not look forbidding in order to guard, or so he felt.

Madende moved gracefully among the visitors and those of her pride that had gathered to greet them. She smiled and bowed her head in mute elegant greeting as she passed others. She had a single fluttery piece of material draped across her shoulders and along her back, weighted slightly here and there with a loop of colorful beads. Her movements rippled the fabric artistically, as she had intended, lending yet more beauty to her than she already had. It was her job, after all, to bring beauty and grace to the gathering! It was what she did best, being a dancer.

However, two of the visitors caught her eye. They seemed a mated pair, with the female drooping against the male. The poor things, they had come all this way, and now had to endure a lengthy and taxing greeting! She made her lithe way over to the two lions and greeted them with a dip of a shoulder and curling of her paw beneath her. "Welcome to our humble House," she said sweetly. "Is there anything you need? I am sure these formalities won't last too long." She cast the lioness a look of genuine sympathy. "You've come so far!"

Safaia
Kilua

mouselet
Yareha

Cadmium came trotting to the gathering, clearly late to the party. He wasn't too fussed about it, for he'd been in the middle of a moment of inspiration, and one didn't simply drop what one was doing when such brilliance struck! Or so he'd say if asked. His paws were still discolored with smears of paint, but the rest of his coat had been cleaned of any evidence of his activities. Well... so he thought. In truth, there was a smear of bright green paint across his muzzle that he was completely unaware of.

As he arrived, he saw the many new faces, the strain of commonality in markings and colors that included some of their own members, and the variety of postures indicating everything from excitement to exhaustion to tension. Well, this was certainly to be an interesting gathering! He began to slowly stroll through the crowd, watching faces and expressions, noting how individuals positioned themselves in relation to others, and how the whole blended into a lovely garden of colors, always moving and blending and separating once more.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm
Krysin

AstoriaFallen

"The Bazaar, that sounds like an interesting place." The Mwezi definitely did not have such a meeting place. Taaka was excited just to see around this 'bazaar'. "And it is understandable. After all, this is a sudden request that I don't think Sanaa or I were...intending to make. So it would be quite understandable if you could not show. We would not hold that against you," he chuckled. They would be here for a bit of time, so if she could not meet tomorrow, then there was always the chance later down the line.

Oh, the little one was a twin! Those that were gifted to be a twin always fascinated the purple lioness.

She shook her head at Chen's next question. "Sadly I do not have any siblings. I was raised an only child in my litter." It was not known if Sanaa's parents had more children after her litter. She had never made it back to them to find out.

"She's right you know, Chen. You should always tell your parents where you are going. You would not want your parent them to worry." She repeated the words Zambarau had said.

---

Neoma nodded as Taigi answered about being lion-only.

"Same." She agreed. Even the Jini-msemi were a lion only pride. Seeing species co-mingling with each other was a different concept for the gray lioness. It was something she never really did, not because she did not want to, but she did not normally have the opportunity to do so. And look at her now, speaking with a cheetah.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm
KasaiLoki

Krysin

She smiled when she was bopped on the nose.

She supposed both of the adults were correct in their words. Mother would likely be wondering where she had gone off to. Giving a small frown she looked around and then back at the adults. "I guess so.... Hopefully I can introduce you to them next time. Since you are all going to be here a while right?" She said looking up at the adults with wide eyes. She hoped so anyway.

"I hope you have a safe travel back home if I don't see you again." She announced and then darted off towards home.

- - - - - - - - -

"I have never traveled either. At least you can say you have now." She chuckled at the male.

When he spoke she gave a nod. "Not only that but we also accept canines." She pointed to a few of the wild dogs that had showed up.

She couldn't imagine what it would be like to be just a one species only type of place. It almost seemed like it would be boring. "Well, I do hope you enjoy your stay with us. It was nice to meet you both. I'm going to go check on a few things if you'll excuse me."

She gave a bow of her head and departed from the two of them.

(that is it from me for you two) razz  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 pm
Kweli tried very hard not to raise a brow at the word 'willing'. As far as he knew everyone was a bit suspicious of the Mwezi, although most were thankful for the attempt at the re-connection of the two prides. He was neutral on the subject, waiting to see just what these moon lions were made of.

"I have," he said with a little nod. "I was born here, as were my parents, and their parents, and so on. As long as we have been here, my family has been here." He was proud of his heritage and his ability to trace his family through the generations of history. "You have traveled frequently?"

AstoriaFallen

"Zhen. Nice to meet you," Kupa said with a little flick of her ear, her energy simmering just below the surface. She wanted to be more open with the lions here but they had to put on a good show and prove that they weren't out to murder anyone anymore.

"I'm sorry if I startled you," she added, having noticed the rapid blinking.

Quote:
mouselet

Badru shifted his weight slightly as he noticed another of the Mwezi sidling up to them. It seemed the wild dog was the highlight of the trip so far! He scooted closer to Pleco, giving her some more room.

SyriusLionwing

Ecavi

Safaia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm
A smile spread over Msumari's face.

"To say the least." She was a little surprised by the enthusiasm in his reaction, just as far as it would not have been what she had expected from the previously scowling lion.

"It's nice to meet you, Shida. I'm Msumari, I'm a princess of the Central House." The lioness noticed her hanger-on.

"... And this is Yanazunguka'jua. He is a secretary from the Southern House who likes to make himself available to anyone either of high ranking or with juicy gossip." Her eyes glinted playfully as she looked at the white and red male.

"Don't worry, you can just call me Yana. How do you do, Shida?" The secretary continued to eyeball the foreigner, but with a playful look about him.

"And might I ask, what rank do you hold in your pride?" Yana was fickle and he wanted to make sure he spent his time around the most important individuals when such a big event was taking place. The sooner he could cut to the chase- the better.

Ctrl F Greenie

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:52 pm
SilverLutz

Arkaidia listened intently as he spoke and she could see the appeal to living where you were born and where your family was. SHE on the other paw had decided to strike out on her own. It was just something that she had wanted to do.

"That sounds nice." She said softly as she looked around the pride at all the new faces milling about.

"I have. I recently moved to the Mwezi and then volunteered to come here with them." She said.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 pm
"Maybe," she said, pausing for a moment and then shaking her head, "No. They definitely are. You can see the distrust in them. But that's why we're here, we can't make up for what Shangyue did from home."

Kimondo smiled at Nketa, and went back to watching the grouchy twins with mild amusement. Twins ran in the family the family they all shared, but she couldn't name too many identical twins. It added a touch of humor to her decision to invited Nketa and Antara along.

"Don't worry, though," she said, looking back to Nketa and getting to her feet, "That's my job. Try to enjoy yourself."

From across the crowd, Kimondo had finally spotted Matakwa. She hadn't had a proper chance to thank her brother for going ahead of the group on her behalf, so she made her way through the lively crowd and gave her brother an affectionate headbutt when she reached him.

"You can relax, you know," she said, suspecting there was no point telling either of her brothers or her uncle that so early in their stay. She had strong suspicions they either shared Vesper's paranoia or had been fed it.

mouselet

Talencia

Althaia moved quietly and cautiously, she didn't want to make a fuss, cause a scene or be rude.. but of course her wide-eyed wonder was noticed and it gave her pause. It was almost more embarrassing that Badru was the one who caught on first and made room for her to join them, he was so much younger and yet, apparently, so much more polite and socially adept.

Oh well.

She offered a smile, but didn't say anything.

SyriusLionwing

SilverLutz

Safaia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 am
User Image The response from the visitor pleased Hidaya to say the least, her smile just growing warmer as she watched the pale lion. She knew that feeling of discovery so well and that wonderful feeling of going somewhere new for the first time, it was fantastic.

At the interest in what she was, she chuckled softly and nodded. "I am indeed a mix, my father was a lion and my mother was a cheetah." She then smiled to him again after a wistful moment of recalling her parents. "Have you not met a cheeton before?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:33 am
Lightning Shadow X

That was interesting. He'd never really been around other species so he never knew if he'd be interested them on a more than personal level if he was being honest.

"That's kinda cool." He said impressed with her lineage. "So I bet you have some interesting traits that make you much handier than me." He was thinking she was probably strong as a lion and as fast a cheetah.

He wasn't sure how the genetics worked in that way.

"I have not. You are the first. Have you been here your whole life?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am
SilverLutz

Safaia

Ecavi

Pleco grinned as Althaia joined them to speak to the wild dog. He knew the female of course, she was one of the hunters and he had spent the last few weeks working closely with them to make sure the creatures on the trip had been kept well fed. “Althaia!” He gave a friendly nod of his pink maned head “Did you know there were wild dogs here? And did you see the cheetah?” He raised a curious brow.

He was pretty glad others had sauntered over to join them, though he was pretty sure the wild dog would get fed up of him announcing that she was a wild dog before long. As he realised this he passed a smile at the pale hound “I’m sorry it must be a little overwhelming, but we are curious.” He grins hopefully, he didn’t want to walk away yet, he had questions. “What does a wild dog do in this place any way?”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm
Smiling at the response, Hidaya felt more than happy to feed the youth's curiousity as she glanced briefly over the other visitors before looking back to him again, a soft chuckle escaping her.

"I'm not sure about running or strength, but my mother taught me how to sing - it's why I became a bard in the Tianxia." She gave a small shake of her head to his inquiry if she was born here and sat herself comfortably as she spoke.
"No, I was born out by the ocean, my mother and father were travelers, they'd go everywhere and see so many beautiful places...and soon I was with them on their travels, till I came here and settled down."

A brief wistful look passed over her face before she look back to him.

"What about you? Were you born in the Mwezi?"

AstoriaFallen

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 am
Her King... If Belial could have openly blushed he would have. The public place made him keenly aware of the many eyes on his party and so his expression became a fond smile. She deserved all of the best things in this world and he would do what he could to make her smile, laugh, and enjoy life to its fullest. It wouldn't matter if they were at home or in a foreign land.

Unknowingly he had dropped his gaze as the conversation about his lack of friends continued. It was only as she finished speaking that he pulled his gaze from a very uninteresting plant at his paws to look at her. "You may be right." He admitted casually, but appeared to be fairly uncomfortable. "It just doesn't as easily to me as it does for you - I'm not nearly as social." Recalling a conversation he had had with a rogue that dared to prod the borders of the Mwezi during dusk. The conversation hadn't been light and airy, not the way things flowed with Miyako, instead it had been gruff.

He wasn't sure he would treat another member of the pride any differently. Although.. that one time with her brother. "I do have a friend, your twin." He attempted an awkward smile. "Likely the most awkward moment of my life though." In recalling the scene he remembered seeing the wing marked pelt and darting for it before realizing it wasn't who he had been searching for - awkward.

AstoriaFallen
I don't know how I missed your response, sorry dude!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Amarantos had stayed in the background, keeping quiet but making an effort to look friendly as he moved around. He kept to smiles and nods and hadn’t engaged in conversation yet. If anyone was watching him for a while it would be fairly obvious that he kept an eye or ear to the queen at all times. This diplomatic excursion had turned into a real family affair for him, and he’d had a long talk with his brother before leaving. He smiled a little as he overheard the queen tell Matakwa to relax. Easier said than done, that.

He was going to relax when... when they were back in one piece, probably, if he was completely honest. Hopefully his nephew would be able to wind down and have some fun, but he wasn’t prepared to allow himself that just yet.

”Yoru, how’s the emergency snack doing?” Spindla asked, giving her brother a friendly shoulder bump. It was fun to tease him, but she respected his friendship or whatever it was he shared with that hare. It was a little odd, but whatever. The little tyke had kept up with them on the journey and that was seriously impressive. ”Looks like they wont eat him by mistake here at least.”

There were so many different species around, so she figured the concept of not eating the hare would be accepted easily. The Tianxia seemed so exotic and foreign! Hopefully they’d also be open minded...

belloblossom

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 pm
He listened as she spoke and took a moment to take a brief glance around the pride and then returned his focus to her. "I bet you have a wonderful voice!" He wasn't much for the arts but he knew those that had a talent for it were particularly envied most of the time.

"Perhaps I can hear you sing sometime." If they were there long enough anyway.

"Oh that sounds lovely. I've never seen the Ocean before. I have heard of it tho." He said wondering what it must be like to see such a large body of water like that. When she asked in return his place of origin he shook his head.

"I was born far from here in the desert heat. I was forced to leave as soon as my mane started to come in." He said rather solemn about the whole thing. But it was all for the better.

"Did your parents join with you?"

Lightning Shadow X

She laughed. "Oh trust me, I have just as hard of a time as anyone making friends. I just get so tied up in what I'm doing sometimes...." She said looking at the ground for a moment before looking over at him. "I'm sure one of these day's you'll get yourself a truly wonderful friend."

It just took time. "Just don't force it." She said with a wink. When he mentioned Yoru she couldn't help but giggle like a child. "I really wish I could have seen that. I'm sure my brother value's what you two have just as much as you do." She snickered a little. "In all sincerity though, I'm sure he's honored to know you and at least call you friend." She said looking at him with a warm smile.

She hadn't really introduced him to any of her other siblings. "He is the only one you've actually met and gotten to know. I count that as a start."
Ctrl F Greenie

[IC] Tianxia Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces