Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
MM0 - Psychic-in-Training Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:39 pm
Terashi would continue in his efforts to gather himself and his energy. He could feel something beginning to build. This time, it wasnt just simple mental pressure, it was actual power.

And he waited a little longer, trying to get something substantial.

And he waited.

And waited.

Waiting.

Tate would eventually speak up to Terashi, popping into the concentrating psychic's mind. "Well....its been about four hours. And you have enough power built up to power a sneeze. So what have you learned today then?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:35 pm
"What I already knew, that waiting doesn't accomplish anything," I retorted, trying to be as calm and unassuming as possible, though it was obvious that I was more than a little annoyed at my failure. "Far as I can tell, my 'power' doesn't want anything to do with me."

I sighed after a moment. "Sorry," I added solemnly. "I don't much enjoy failing at things. Didn't mean to snap at you. I know you're trying to help me, but I don't think I'm picking up whatever it is you're trying to teach me."

Reno Vantas

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 pm
Tate gave a smirk as he heard the admission from Terashi, stretching out as his Solrock floated into position behind him. "See, this is about what I expected given your current state. You can either generate power to the degree you can't do anything with it but expel it or you can be controlled enough to gather it naturally but getting nothing really worthwhile." As he spoke, Tate would begin to march along the beach with a hand cupped under his chin. Almost seemed like he was doing a military march. Strange thing to inflect right now but it seemed effective. "But what I'm saying goes counter to what you were already told, right? Just a demand for power and control simultaneously. But that's like looking right and left at the same time even when you reach my level." Facing to the left, Tate would turn on his heel and begin to march towards Solrock, who was gazing out over the waves that laid on Terashi's right. "Hmm. What to do?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:34 pm
"Kind of," I responded, giving Tate a weird look. "Last time I held my center, I started getting sensations from the people and Pokemon in my immediate vicinity, though not without causing said creatures some discomfort, I assume. So yeah, learning control would certainly help. I'd say I should learn to control what power I have before seeking more of it out, but I'm not the expert," I explained, hinting at my desire for guidance whilst doing my best to not mention his sister's involvement in my previous experimentation as she requested. Though I was aware that Tate could take that information from my brain if he wanted, and with little resistance from me in my current state.

Reno Vantas

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:42 pm
Tate would lock eyes with Terashi for a moment before blinking a few times in response. "You......missed what I just did?" The psychic said, slightly bewildered. Sighing, he would turn around and put his back to his Solrock again. "Looking right and left at the same time. Now, you need control and power, right? So who was around when you and Liza tried to explode the beach and helped mitigate your outburst whether you know it or not." Tate stated, shoulders slouched before a moment of silence made him realize something. "Oh boy, I wasn't supposed to say that. I was not supposed to say that."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 pm
"I'm going to have to guess you, considering you know about it," I scoffed. I might have sounded annoyed by that, but the smirk on my face said otherwise. "Good to know that that blast could have been stronger if left unchecked. Something to keep in my pocket for a last resort. But either you bailed before my second, less severe attempt, or I was too new to the sensastion of invading the minds of others to sense you. Or you were out of my range due to my inexperience with mental invasion." I was spitballing like mad, but it felt like I was on to something, so I didn't relent. "It's not something I've tried more than once, yet. Or twice, if you count the failed first attempt."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 pm
Tate would look Terashi dead in the eye. Sighing in response to Terashi's attempted deduction, Tate would begin massaging his forehead before an idea popped into his head. Gesturing over to his Solrock, a small balloon would float into Tate's hand before he walked over to and smashed the water balloon on top of Terrashi's head. Taking a few steps back and admiring his work, Tate would speak again. "You are really trying. But you are way off track there. Me and sis had this whole thing planned out. Show you power, show you control, and hope you realize how to put together these two disparate ideas on your own so we wouldn't need to tell gramps we were the ones who taught you. So try again. Your second attempt, someone there was paying attention more than your first and it wasn't me. It was more controlled but because you had no clue what you were doing, you didn't succeed at a link. So who was it? Here's a hint, the balloon demonstration here should clue you in."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:45 pm
I wasn't very happy about being soaked by a Pokemon move, but I stowed my anger as it wouldn't help me learn any faster. "My first instinct is to say Solrock did it, but if the results of my previous response is any indication, stating the obvious isn't going to get me anywhere," I stated, straining my brain for a solution. When the lightbulb clicked on in my head, I felt like slapping myself. I didn't come here to learn how to be a Psychic, and that wasn't what they were trying to teach me. They were teaching me how to be a Channeler. "Solrock! Of course a Psychic-type Pokemon would have more control with psychic power than a human. So you're saying I need Rala to... no, ~/~, that's just stating the obvious again. Ugh. Maybe if I had a bit more time to... I could try again, but that'd just be another display of power. Unless... no..."

I was starting to get very frustrated with myself this time as I tried desperately to derive knowledge from nothingness, trying to remember something I didn't sense before. As could be expected, it wasn't really getting me anywhere.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm
Tate would continue to stare towards Terashi, eye subtly twitching as he did so How...how did none of this fall into place for the man? Did he miss a memo? Was there an unexplained concept when he was told he would be channeling? Why? Taking in a deep breath, Tate finally said, "Allow me to explain simply. Channeling requires a person and a Pokemon. What you are trying to do requires two minds working together. Draw lines accordingly. Believe it."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:25 pm
"Oh, so I DO need Rala," Terashi spoke up when Tate blurted out the answer. Only then did it sink in that Tate might now know who or what Rala is. "Rala is a Gardevoir I've been training - currently the only Psychic-type in my party. So I'd need her to actually do what I've been attempting."

As if on command, Rala teleported to my side. You said you needed me? she asked telepathically.

"I've gotten about as far as I can on my own," I confirmed. "So yeah, the rest of the training is going to take the two of us, I assume."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm
Tate would take in a deep breath before nodding at Terashi. "For a smart person, you are denser than my Solrock." He grumbled, turning towards a small outcropping nearby and giving a whistle. Out from behind the rocks would come Liza and her Lunatone, moving into position beside their counterparts. They would begin to speak, returning to their alternating dialogue style they liked to maintain when together. "Now then." "Its time to connect." "Let your Gardevoir handle one..." "And you handle the other." "Find your center." Ending the statement with them both saying the last line, they would wait in anticipation for Terashi give it a try.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:01 pm
The comment about being dense got to me a bit, but I kind of earned it. I knew what kind of training I came here for and should have assumed what Tate was trying to get at from the start. Note to self: Stop grasping at straws.

Rala and I stood side by side and focused on our mental centers. Rala was, naturally, quicker to reach hers than I was to reach mine, but regardless, it didn't take all that long for us to find our centers and focus, gently but firmly.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 pm
As the pair began to focus on their centers, they might begin to feel a slight tickle in the back of their minds, something that might just give them the sensation that someone else was interacting with their center. Soon, that feeling grew until it felt like they were both interacting with the other's center, holding it in place while they began to draw power from it. Soon enough, Terashi would begin to feel himself gaining something from the interaction. (Write your next post with Terashi putting his innate power to use)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 pm
My first experience with complete empathy was... well, a weird one. Basically, I felt a lot of emotions at once, though they piled on one at a time.

The first sensation was that of pride. Pride and happiness that I'd finally managed to pull something off after trying and theorizing for so long. I had to assume that came from Rala. The second sensation was that of frustration. This kid (who, I don't know) took FOREVER to figure out what was literally RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Jeez. At least Grandpa doesn't have to find out what me and sis were doing today. ...okay, that's CLEARLY Tate.

After that, it kinda piled on quickly as my... well, our minds expanded. A whole bunch of feelings kind of mashed together in our minds and before either of us knew it, our connection severed. "Ow. Okay, we might need to practice that some," I muttered, realizing what had happened after taking a couple seconds to collect my thoughts.

"I'm sorry," Rala spoke up telepathically. "I was so happy it was working that I kept pushing, to see how far out we could sense emotions. It's my fault it got to be too much."

"It's alright," I told her, still trying to get my brain sorted out. "We'll keep working at it."

I could feel how happy she was from me saying that, though she withdrew her consciousness a bit when she realized that I could still sense her, to make it easier for me to get my mind right. I just hope Tate felt all of that so I didn't have to prove anything else to him.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am
Tate would sigh in relief as he felt the slight pinprick of sensation from Terashi wash over him. He was totally wearing his thoughts and emotion on his sleeve right now, but it would help him judge that it worked rather than the usual repulsion or negation he would have received. Liza would project this for Terashi to experience, which should be a decent learning experience. "Well...only took me preparing to write it on a stick and hit you with it but you did it. One problem.." "You still need to sense the Pokemon in the egg." Tate started and Liza finished, the pair once again operating in sync as their Partner Pokemon floated behind them. "Guess its time.." "To prove your control." They continued, staring at the man for a moment as they waited for him to retrieve the egg and begin the process.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff