Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Illa swept the girl the graceful bow of a Lord, a motion that seemed far more natural for the woman than the curtsy she might have given. As she came back up, she took note of the little Brown's behavior. "Ah, he's something, that one. Knows what he believes in, and that's admirable. But he can be assured that you'll not want for anything. Even V'mel is not so cruel." Not to keep a girl from her feed, no. Nay, V'mel was many things, but not a fool, an' only a fool would deprive a young weyrling. Keep 'em from overeating, yes, but not starve.

My young friend, no one will leave Yours without. Nor any other woman. It will not be allowed. Fenrith rose up, standing to his formidable height, observing the small one with whirling blue eyes. You have nothing to fear, not where the food is concerned. Your Nadry may eat what she likes... provided she does not eat too much. Doing so would give her an ache in her stomach. And then you, also, would have a sour belly.

At the exchange, Illa gave a small laugh, though not unfriendly. "And it's a pleasure I'm having, in the meeting of you and your Menankith. And I don't say so lightly. You give me hope for our future."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:00 pm
Love? Is that what it is called? I know that mine gets all.... How had he described it again? Fluttery? When she looks at Elzebuth's. Especially if he's looking at her. Mine won't say anything about it though. But perhaps in time, we will both understand, this...Fluttery love of Strangeness between ours and theirs. After all, it was a very different love than what he so openly gave to his. As though sensing his thoughts, Ichta looked down at him, cupping his head with a hand and leaning down to kiss the top of the blue's forehead. He rumbled contentedly.

Menakith had taken his answer very well all things considered, and Aurinkoth found himself watching the brown with some amusement, moving to go join him, only to be stopped as Ichta looked towards him again with alarm. Perhaps it was not time to be taking long trips yet. Ichtamine? Do are you hungry still? Menakith wants to bring food if you hunger. It was asked so innocently that Ichta had to stifle a laugh, "No, dear one. I haven't even touched half of what I have yet. Is he worried that Nadry is going to starve? Is that why we keep asking about food?" It was the first time she'd answered Aurinkoth out loud and the blue watched with fascination as her lips moved and the way she looked at him as she spoke. So attentive, so lovely. Oh, how the others would find themselves someday jealous of wonderful, beautiful his. I would worry too.

His head turned again towards where the brown had been. Thank you, but mine needs to finish what she has on her plate first. Perhaps we can find a way to balance food to ours later! He bugle-honked at the notion. It did sound quite fun.

Fated Fable

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:05 pm
Taysen ignored the blue's whistle, thinking he was just talking back. But then the blasted thing between'd and landed on his shoulder! "What the-!" He was used to firelizards. He was not used to firelizards who landed on him and curled their tails around his neck, especially when he had no idea who they belonged to.

And then a second one appeared, and she was angry if the color of her eyes meant anything. It was a very strange situation he found himself in, being scolded by what he thought was a random firelizard. Casting his eyes about he tried to find an exit, thinking if he went far enough away the pair would go back to their owner and stop making a scene.

That was when he saw him. "Shards!" he cursed, beginning to panic. "Shells and shards!" He was caught, no two ways about it.
Andranis

Eleusith perked up as he received a hello from his sister. Hello hello Cynosuth! Turning his attention back to his, the blue butted his head against R'ey's hip. I know they're happy for us, mine, but you must eat! How will we grow together if you do not? R'ey laughed and explained to his family that he really was starving and he needed to eat. With a wave, he allowed Eleusith to continue to push him toward the food where he made himself a plate and added extra meat to give Eleusith.
Fated Fable
Belated hello back x3

Spotting his friend and fellow blue rider, Z'yden stood from his seat and made his way over to where Ashlyn was. When he saw that she was with her family, he waited until she was less busy to walk up to her and her sister. "Hey, Ashlyn. Congratulations to you and yours, Demanthra," he said with a smile. He tried to ignore the impression of 'finally' that he got from his dragon. Sameth had always been the more social of the pair and ever despaired of his rider's lack of friends. Ashlyn and Gyafrith being the extent of it, so far. Not that Sameth minded, blues and their riders were of course the best kind of friends to have.
Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 pm
As he got closer, Jacomus heard the panicked curse. "Shards and shells is right!" Marsh gave a last angry chitter at Taysen, then landed on Jacomus' left shoulder, her tail wrapping around his neck protectively. She leaned forward, chittering again and even waiving a forepaw. Jacomus' hand clamped down on the boy's shoulder, eyes filled with dragon fire. "You have something of mine, and I'm not talking about Fish."

At his name, Fish looked up with a whistle. He blinked, eyes whirling shades of purple for a moment as he looked at His Human, before he turned back and began grooming between his tiny fingers. His tail remained where it was.

Strawberri Stardust

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm
Fated Fable

"Dristan!" a bright voice shouted across the room. Roknhin waved, though he wasn't sure his friend could hear him through the din of voices in the large hall.

The hatching had been difficult, but not that much more than he'd expected. Just as he thought, it was really no worse to sit in the stands and not impress than to be on the sands and not impress either. In some ways it was better. Of course, in some ways it was worse too.. Aging out had a chilling finality to it. But, if he was really honest with himself, the truth was he'd given up a long time ago. In a way it was nice to know it was finally over. At least, it was supposed to be over. Those last few moments made it worth sticking it out for the whole thing. Who could've ever guessed something like that!

"Dristan, hey!" he said, as he was finally able to pick his way through the crowds towards the man. "Shells, am I even saying that right anymore?" he laughed. Whatever feelings of emptiness and envy still lingered from the hatching, he was all smiles now. He looked at the green hatchling in awe. "I heard.. I mean, I was there, but you couldn't really see it that well. And people were saying it was, but- I mean- Can you hardly believe it?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm
V'mel & Aviroth

Poor little green, the darling thing. They always were more emotional when they were so young, cute as they were. The brown's eyes whirled slightly faster, the deep blue color growing even more fondly dark. Come now, Lemuth, no one is in trouble. Your R'am is going to feed you, and then if you still would like to dance and play, you may climb...me. The brown flared his wings, posing dramatically to show off how large (but not TOO large for a baby) and climbable he was. I do not mind it at all, and then you will be able to see the entire party, just like an adult. His offer was broadcast to any hatchlings, so that they would know the availability of a sensible, proper diversion to be had, rather than making trouble.

Of course, at the same time he'd reached out to gently send V'mel a small report on where the hatchlings had moved to, and which seemed tired, and which looked keen for trouble-finding. His rider, stoic as he was, showed no sign that his brown had reached out. He did however finally get around to crossing the field to where Alumet and her mother had been talking. It made sense, after all, to stay nearest to the most valuable member of the clutch. He seemed to loom, more than approach, with an almost stern expression.

"...Congratulations. On both your children's impressions. They'll be in good hands, and we expect much from them. Both of them," He finally ventured, gravel-thick voice aimed more at Alusia than her daughter, though the words were meant for her as well. He did expect much from them both, but more from her, of course.
Peppermint Coffee

Masterharper

V'tre & Thanoth

V'tre had taken plenty of time with his mother, discussing what would become of their family now, that it was indeed alright that he'd impressed, that she would write, that they all would visit, and that there was no way under Rukbat she could be prouder of her eldest child. It would still take some time to get used to what this all meant for him, and he was sure he'd end up clinging to Thanoth more than once to get through a rough night, but...It was better now. Would be better now.

Now though, it was time to socialize. He'd been thrust into a new peer group he'd barely known a thing about, and Thanoth was eager to check on her siblings. And get her rider fed! She'd heard V'tre's stomach rolling as they talked and met with his not-clutch-mother, and she knew how being hungry was. The little dark green twisted and coiled around his legs as he collected a bowl—meant for soup, he informed her, whatever that was!—and filled it with...not soup? It looked like meat. And not-meat. Maybe THAT was the soup. "It's tubers!" V'tre informed her, tipping the dish down so she could smell. A dragon couldn't really make the expression she was feeling at the scent but...She DID snag a strip of roast off the edge of the bowl though, before prancing away to find Elzebuth.

Elzebuth~! She called out, neck arched gracefully and juicy roast-strip still dangling from her teeth and flapping this way and that as she high-stepped elegantly between wandering revelers towards the brown. Try this, if you've not. It's 'tubers', apparently! And hello to you too, Varionnith. Are you liking the feast? It's all for us, I think. Though not the tables, or the benches, or the fruit, from what I've heard. She knew it wasn't, she'd known what V'tre meant when he'd showed her his bowl, but maybe he'd believe it!

V'tre was a little bit more hesitant to approach it seemed. His steps slowed as he looked up up up at G'ran. Ellain of course got a somewhat shy nod, but G'ran...wow! He made V'tre look even smaller as he finally sidled up, lifting a shoulder in a sort of sorry-my-arms-are-full version of a meek wave.

"...You're so tall!" He eventually almost erupted, voice cracking harshly on the word 'tall'. His lips pulled wide, flashing a full-toothed, gleaming grin fit to win hearts all around the weyr. "I'm Vitre! Er, V'tre, now. I think? V're doesn't sound good, right?"

No, apparently he wasn't actually afraid at all, just maybe a little nervous still.
Tsunake

ChaosTheories

ShinosBee

Nerd

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:34 pm
Dorianus

He was beginning to eat his food as he waited for Karone to speak, hearing him say his name, as if he wanted to shorten it. The idea made him tense some but, he relaxed, familiarity and getting close to people were hard for him to do. "I don't really have any nicknames, though my grandfather calls me Dori, I suppose you can if you wish." He didn't care much for the name but if it helped Karone to feel more at ease, it was better.

His eyes went back to scanning the crowd before looking at Karone. He nodded his head. "That is noble." Then he asked how long he had been here. "Only a turn. I had just walked the tables when I was searched. How long have you been here?"

Teiha

-------------------------------------------------------
A'dras and Gareth

After parting ways with C'ryn, A'dras and Branwyn and gotten food and then found a place to sit and enjoy it. It was close to the buffet table that was probably why, above the din of everything he heard the commotion with the firelizards and then the cussing. Dark eyes moved to watch as a slightly unkempt looking man moved through the crowd towards a young man, who did not seem very happy to have two flits about him causing a scene. The man had then placed a hand onto the younger ones shoulder. This caused A'dras eyebrow to raise as he saw an altercation about to happen or cause a scene.

Excusing himself from Branwyn, A'dras slipped through the crowd to get closer to the two of them, his posture like a feline that was going to strike. I think that is a rider of one of the dragons that chased Uridith, A'drasmine. Gareth's voice came to him as he neared the two and he nodded his head. He didn't recognize either of these men but that wasn't strange for a hatching feast.

"Is something the matter?" His voice was deep and there was a steeled edge to it as he spoke, eyes looking from the older man to the younger. He didn't know what was wrong but if there was going to be an altercation it needed to be taken care of or outside away from where it might harm people or any of the hatchlings.

Andranis
Hope you guys don't mind.

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:15 pm
Teiha
I am sorry C'lusi has decided to make Le'x a project. xD
He can bugger off, and will should they find Karone or Le'x starts showing signs of "please go away. gaia_star

The blue dragon looked smug, because of course it was a good idea. When it came to hooking people up, Macuith was just the dragon to do it! He did not waste the opportunity to give his brown cluchmate a happy nuzzle, before looking around. There were an awful 'lot of people, and he wasn't actually sure who they were supposed to find. So do you know who this other happens to be? Or what they look like? Are they cute? Or dashing? Or dreamy? He asked, trying to encourage something other than just Le'x's friend. That could be anyone that wasn't an rider, and right now, there were so many people it was hard to tell them all apart.

When the other boy explained the situation, C'lusi gave a small cluck of his tongue. "Hey now," he gave the other an understanding grin, "I know how hard it is to be left standing. It took me six Turns to find my Macuith, and my sister four. Hatching Feasts are bittersweet, but I'd hope your friend would at least try to be happy for you. This is a day to celebrate, just like you'll want to celebrate his future Impression when it happens. He may not have walked away with a partner, but that doesn't mean he won't." Honestly, C'lusi did understand what Karone might feel, as he'd felt it every time he'd been overlooked. But, he had to hope that it wouldn't bring Le'x down. This was their day to celebrate, their day to enjoy. Too soon the hard work would begin, and . . . worse . . . every day would bring them one more day towards fighting Thread.

"The dragons know best, after all. Maybe his dragon is just waiting to surprise him? Besides, if he's a good friend, he may have to fake a smile or two today, and that pain will lessen with time. Besides, who wouldn't want to meet your strapping Kratoth?"

Macuith hummed approvingly, his eyes whirling bright green with pleasure.

"You are a dragonrider now, or at least a weyrling. Trust me, by the time we've taken our first flights, you'll have every lady absolutely swooning over your immaculate good looks." And that was a promise. "First thing's first though -- let's at least get some food while the pickin' is good. We can try to find your friend then, or if you want to give him a little space, try to find him after we feast. This is our feast, after all -- and we're not gettin' another one until we graduate!"

Fated Fable

H'sad

It was time.

He didn't want to go, but the blonde couldn't hold out forever. He had made sure he looked good -- he'd slicked his hair back, and picked a forest green tunic embroidered with gold, black slacks, and some silver earrings. A nice splash of cologne, and a nice pep talk was all he needed to look his best. He wore the nicest thing he could find, and had tried hard to keep himself light-hearted.

Every step he took closer to the crowd had his smile broadening, and he tried hard to step lightly and relax. Happy, happy. He would be happy about this. Shaffit, he was happy about this. Dr'stan got his dream come true, and everything that went with it. Impression was such a beautiful moment, that this truly was time to celebrate. He could worry about the temporary inconvenices later. Why should this change anything between them, right? Hadn't they remained together when he'd... Well, okay, maybe that time wasn't the best example. But they had persevered, once he'd convinced Dr'stan he had still wanted to be with him. But, then again, the other had never really returned to happiness. It hadn't been entirely true had it?

No.

But did it matter? Dr'stan had found a dear and darling delicate dragonet. She could be his world, and he no longer would need to feel like he was somehow lesser. Now he really did have it all -- a steady and in-demand skill, a gorgeous dragon, a weyrmate. Maybe now he could be happy.

So it was, he picked his way through the crowd, trying to find Dr'stan. He knew the man would be somewhere near where the dragonets, and likely close to the tables. You can tell them I'm here. He told Cinonth. His stomach twisted and it wasn't from hunger; he felt as anxious as he had on his first date so many Turns prior, or when he'd asked him to be his weyrmate. His palms were sweaty, everything felt too hot, and he almost wanted to get sick.

What if his green didn't like him?
What if he somehow did something wrong to upset her or Dr'stan?

Everything was off limits now. No touching. No hugging. No kissing. No nibbling. No flirting. No anything. They were just two people, now. Just a rider and a weyrling. "Drist--," he started to call, coming up behind him. Unfortunately, he stopped dead n his tracks as someone else approached the other.

Oh. Well. Alrighty then. Turning his call into a smooth clearing of his throat, he quickly ducked into a larger gathering, and instead found his way to the back of the queue for the feast. Well, it made sense that Dr'stan would be popular today, especially among other Candidates. He was now the face of their hope. A man Impressing well beyond his Turns... while that was something Western did, to have it happen in High Reaches made him an anomaly.

Heaving a sigh, he averted his gaze, and waited for the queue to move. Maybe he'd hit the wine first and drink for them both.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm
Taysen attempted to compose himself a little more as he was approached by who he assumed (and was soon proven correct when the scolding green perched on his shoulder) was the owner of the firelizards giving him hell. "I'm not sure what you mean," he said. Yeah, that wasn't going to work, he already knew that just by looking at the man. He huffed a sigh. "Yes, alright. Just a moment... You actually named your firelizard Fish?" The last was mostly mumbled to himself but it was loud enough for the older man to hear.

He reached into a pocket to produce the marks he'd taken when someone else approached them. Both of the men he faced were taller than he was and it made him feel like a child again. Though, to be fair, he probably was a child compared to them. "No sir, just a misunderstanding," he piped up, offering a charming and innocent smile to the newcomer. "We're taking care of it." Taysen kept his hands in his pockets, not willing to give up the marks in front of someone who wasn't involved. Not to mention he thought there might be a chance, albeit a very slim one, that he could slip away if the other men distracted each other from him. Except the man he'd stolen from would like sic his firelizards on him again. And the blue was still making himself quite at home on Taysen's shoulder. The one not currently occupied by his owner's hand. Shards.
Andranis
BastetAmun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 pm
Strawberri Stardust

Fated Fable

Meepfur

R'gan smiled. "Thanks!" he said, hugging her back. He couldn't stop the wide grin spreading as he looked back at Basanuth. He was perfect, wasn't he? His perfect friend. His one true ally. And even though it had been several turns since the felt that way (though maybe, recently, some of those old worries had come creeping back) to know he'd never have to be alone again was still too breathtaking to comprehend.

He grinned a little shyly under the dragon and rider's praise. He wanted to tell her that he would make her proud. That they'd change this Weyr for the better, and leave it in a better state than how it was now.. but it seemed a little too soon to make such declarations. Right now, they were just the childish dreams of someone still too young to make a difference. But soon..

Glancing up, he noticed someone he recognized at a table close to them. "Oh, Nadry! Hey!" he said, waving. He grinned. "This is the blue rider I was telling you about earlier."

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:00 pm
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

To be frank, Alumet had been content listening to her mother, tears brimming slightly in her eyes at the praise. Zenobiath crooned comfort to hers as the two simply enjoyed this moment. How could Alumet be anything but delighted that her mother was so proud. That her mother understood how important this was to her, to Zenobiath. She’d been about to say something else when Lemath’s jumping and fluttering around got her to yelp and step back, eyes wide. The Gold at her side seemed bemused, a soft trill of a sound coming from the young dragon, Lemathdear, dancing in a hall so full of people isn’t wise right now. Perhaps we eat first, and then we find our fun in dancing with each other and Ours. Of course, it almost seemed she needn’t chastise her. When the boy who had impressed her….R’am, wasn’t it? Lifted the dragon down from the table, Alumet offered him an understanding smile, “Zenobiath said she only wanted to dance and play, but it’s not quite time for those things yet. Please, make sure she’s fed. It doesn’t bother-”

V’mel’s appearance got her to blink, turning her gaze to the rider and ceasing her speech for just a moment. Ah...all of a sudden it was rather crowded around her mother. She’d hoped for a minute alone, but instead, they were surrounded. By other Weyrlings, by V’mel...for a moment, she was anxious. It was met with a head bumping her hip, gently, pressing her snout in to a hand that was rested there. It was like they were taking their comfort as she offered the man a winning smile. Zenobiath’s amusement at the offer to climb Aviroth got her to chuckle as well, eyes turning down to her feet as the man said that he expected much from both she and C’lusi. Great. She knew that being a goldrider came with responsibility, but did she have to be reminded of it right NOW? Bowing her head to both, she had to push the words out, “Thank you, V’mel. I look forwards to learning. Both of us do. Mother, I should go walk about.” Maybe see if she could go feed Zenobiath before anyone got ahold of her. Maybe get a moment of quiet.

She and the Gold turned and began to walk off, her breath still a bit fast as she found herself a seat further away from her mother, from V’mel, from Lemath and R’am. Just a moment alone to breathe, just she and Hers. She pressed her forehead to the crown of Zenobiath’s own, kissing between whirling green eyes, Are you hungry, my dearest heart? Perhaps we should feed you before one of the other Goldriders or a Holder or Lord finds us.
Holder? Lord? It took little time for her to explain the concept to her beloved, telling the little dragon as she fed her bits of meat and fruit about the way Holds and Weyrs worked. They would be important...that much was true. For now, she would enjoy having eyes on her. Whenever someone came to interact, she would indulge, but for now? For now it was just them...until someone else noticed, that was.

Masterharper

Peppermint Coffee

ShinosBee

T'at

He offered Ichta a smile, then nodded his head to Aurikinoth, “….Feel free to speak to me if you like. Nessuth and I have...unique experience.” It wasn’t much of a speech, but the dark haired rider wasn’t much one for talking. Especially when his lover seemed intent on moving quickly. The hold around his wrist got only a raised brow, a tiny smile flicking over his lips as he raised his hand, making it clear that her grip on his arm was almost amusing. Really now? Oh. Food. Turning with her, he began to follow, feeling the shift to where her arm twined with his, putting their bodies closer, “Food is nice. I could use some about now.” Fill his belly, fill hers, and maybe take off early if he was- Wait what? The growl in his ear got a brow to raise further, eyes tudying her face. What had been with her lately?

She seemed a bit...dodgy, had for the last month. Something was up, and he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. His hand patted her arm as he started moving them for the table, shifting only once on his feet, “Yeah. Food, then we’ll talk about any complaints. Speaking of.” No time like the present to pray that she didn’t clap him upside the head for this question, “What’s got you so worked up? You’ve been off.” He’d known her long enough now, after all...This was a different V’rind.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm
Jacomus' eyes were hard as he spoke low, "You don't steal from a-" He stopped when he heard A'dras. A shiver ran up his spine at the voice, before he turned and forced a smile. "As the lad said, just a misunderstanding, we're taking care of it. Just to do with some betting, on the eggs." Did people still do that, bet on eggs? On the odds of this or that hatching and Impression with this or that person? He knew somebody'd made quite a lot of marks on him Impressing Kraketh.

Outside, Kraketh's eyes narrowed. Intentionally or not, he projected to everybody in the vicinity J'mus you are an idiot and you got caught! The bronze snorted, then flew off to sink into the lake. If he was going to get himself caught, so be it. He'd at least enjoy clean water one last time.

Strawberri Stardust
BastetAmun

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 pm
A'dras raised an eyebrow at how the younger man responded and then the other. There was something about this story that didn't make sense, as well as something about the man that seemed to be rousing suspicion in him as well. He was looking down at Jacomus, his eyes narrowing a bit more. "As much as I would like to allow the two of you to deal with this on your own, the hatching is not the place to settle a dispute."

A'dras. He hadn't needed Gareth's voice in his head for him to have heard the other dragon voice. How had this man got himself caught? He didn't let it show if he had heard the dragon, instead he stayed where he was, watching the two of them. "Allow me to over see the settling of this dispute." There was a hidden threat in there, if they didn't allow him to over see this, then they would be reported to someone a lot higher then him.

Andranis

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:16 pm
Demanthra/Monath and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Demanthra was glad her family could make it, at least most of them. Even T'rel had managed to come congratulate her, before he needed to go keep his weyrmate company. The only two missing was two of her foster brothers, Tassiel and Ionan. Her heart sunk sadly, thinking how they were probably upset about not impressing. She believed they would find their dragons, but it was probably hard for them to see that right now. As she was hoping they were alright, a pop was heard and she heard a trill come from beside her. There was her firelizard, probably hungry while watching the hatching with her family.

"Hello Eidel, I was wondering where you were,"she giggled softly, stroking the little one's head. Then the little green firelizard landed on top of Monath's head.

Ooo Mine, she is sooo cute! Can I pretend little Eidel is my baby...please?Monath pleaded softly.

"That is up to her, Monath,"Demanthra replied, biting her lip to keep from laughing. Eidel chirped her agreement, before curling up on the green dragon's head. Monath's tail wagged slightly at that, before hearing two of her siblings in her head.

A king is a person who is a leader, Cynosuth. It is like a Weyrleader, I think. And hello Aurinkoth, thank you so much for your compliment! You and Your's look quite wonderful yourselves! Mine, you should go eat, your stomach is grumbling,Monath spoke to her siblings, then her rider. She took ahold of the edge of her dress and began to tug at it.

"Alright, alright, I am coming. And thank you, Z'yden, I appreciate it. I would stay and chat, but Monath knows I am hungry,"she apologized, before heading over to the table.

Eidel was not the only little firelizard that appeared, Awnya also popped in and curled up on Ashlyn's shoulder. The girl smiled as she stroked her little gold firelizard's back, before telling her family she would see them later. Turning around, she saw her friend waiting patiently. She waited as he congratulated her sister and Monath, before speaking up to him.

"Hello Z'yden, it is good to see you were able to make it. If you wouldn't mind walking, we could go check on my fellow Weyrlingmaster assistant. I don't think you have gotten to meet him yet, have you?"she asked her friend.

You know that is a silly question right, Mine? He is about as bad as you about making friends,Gyafrith reminded gently. Ashlyn made a face, she was still working on being less of a wallflower. If it was up to him, she would have even more friends.

Quote:
Anyone who wants to talk to Demanthra, feel free. Want more friends for her.

Fated Fable

demon_pachabel

Strawberri Stardust

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:34 pm
((Anyone feel free to jump in with these two!))

Cami had thought that since moving to High Reaches about a turn ago, making it through the Remedial Lessons, the Touching, and the eventual disappointment of the Hatching, she would have experienced all the culture shock there was to be had at the Weyr. Apparently not.

"Are you certain we're allowed to eat this?" she asked to one of the candidates she'd come with. The spread of food seemed.. superfluous, to say the least.

Then again, she'd never been to a function even remotely like this before, so it was hardly the only thing that surprised her. She did not have gather clothes, or even a concept that this was a thing one should have, but was wearing the soft leathers and sturdy clothes that she'd had on when she was brought here. She wasn't sure if they were nicer than the Weyr-assigned clothing she'd been given or not (since most of them were hand-made, and not by weavers), but they felt more personal. Scanning the crowd, though, she was amazed by the sheer number of colors that existed there. What were her friends wearing, she wondered?

~~~

Arriving at the feast only a little late, Nebbi had been hoping to catch Vitre as he was talking to his mother. Unfortunately, a sharp tug on the back of her shirt said otherwise, as she was dragged into doing what she was supposed to be at the Weyr to do in the first place, which was help out. After helping the other apprentices distribute the supplies across tables, sticking around to answer any questions, and getting dragged into a way too long conversation with one her dad's vinter friends from Bender, she finally made it back to the table where Vitre and his mother had been before... Only to find that it was empty. Her face fell. Oh.

Well.. it's not like she expected him to stick around all night. Only where was he? Frowning, she wandered back towards the food tables, thinking she might she him there, or at least get herself something to eat while she was at it if not. Dragons or no, it wasn't every day she got to go to a hatching feast at a Weyr!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff