Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 pm
User Image User Image

Aiko was late to the scenes. Lions were everywhere. Massive lions. He wasn't particularly huge, but he wasn't small either, but these guys made him feel small. He smiled, and didn't seem to let it bother him too much. He wasn't much of a fighter, but he felt sometimes you needed to put up with stuff you didn't like to do in order to get what you wanted. He took a deep breath and started to walk around the place. Watching a few lions here and there duel it out. It was all exciting!

He didn't know where to start, however.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lessien Súrion had a frown upon her face as she moved through the crowed. Taking everything in. While she looked angry, she was enjoying herself quiet alot. The smell of sweat and determination was in the air, a glorious scent, she had to say. Her paws hit the ground ever so lightly with every step. It was the beginning of something new, and she was ready for it.

"Glorious day." She spoke aloud, mostly to herself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

Agni-pariksha flat-out ignored Beezlebub when he walked up and demanded to be included in the conversation. She grinned at Bri'ehn as she graciously accepted the offer.

"Bri'ehn," she repeated, "Show him what you're made of."

She looked over to Beezlebub, still smiling.

"Show me that there's something worthwhile under all that bluster and maybe I'll still consider you," she said. He looked tough enough to fit in and there were probably plenty of Firekin who had similar.. opinions.. as him but to mouth off in front of one of the regents, especially when both were female now.. she didn't have to put up with it.

Fixing a sulky lion like Hiba would be easier than fixing certain types of arrogant lion.

Hiba was watching Agni-pariksha, Bri'ehn and Beezlebub with intense curiosity-- and he nearly jumped right out of his fur when Hehewuti appeared at his side, commenting on the so-called excitement. He offered a sheepish smile.

"Is it always like this?" he asked.

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

oo DeD

User ImageUser Image

Adanna peered over to the two new arrivals when one of them mentioned that he was from the mountains and that his pride was gone. She gave him a very obvious, very critical once over.. and concluded it was not the same mountain she was thinking off. She looked over at Shaak when she spoke, then back to the newcomers with a smile.

She decided not to remark on the similarities in their stories until Shaak got an answer to her question. She didn't want to be rude.

Adeyemi's ears twitched at the conversation but his eyes remained closed and he remained relaxed. There were too many mountains to get excited about, and Adanna would surely have said or done something already if it was a Hongshan.

Kimaria

oo DeD

User Image

"We must be able to," the lioness answered when Dam asked about being able see from here. There were options, of course, if they couldn't but she was content to stay right where she was. She cast a quick glance over her shoulder off towards the spring.

Heti's speculation about the cause of Azar's crankiness made her chuckle, but she nodded. The Corporal was an interesting lion, she had her fair share of experience with the type and truthfully, that's why she had chosen to skulk around the Guard Post when she caught wind of what was going on today.

"A good testing method," she said, "Do you suppose he's smart enough to recognize that when he cools down?"

She stayed where she was, since Heti was on the move it would only necessitate shouting if she widened the gap between them.. but she started surveying the area for a good spot to watch the sparring from.

Kimaria

Mysses Greenie

Roman Foi

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:17 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The three lionesses had found each other by luck, it seemed. Something that Majivu'mflame had not had much of lately, but perhaps the stars were beginning to align in her favor. Her back bore the scars of the fire that destroyed the swamplands where she was born. Her family, scattered by the avalanche of their mountain refuge was lost to her for good. Even her brother Aristaeus who had guided her from the rogue lands, once she had been driven there by the flames, to their new mountainous home. She wondered what became of him, but she had to push the thought from her mind. She was tough, but she needed a pride to survive. If she stayed in the rogue lands for years trying to find him, maybe they would both be lost. Juba had been the first lioness that she had encountered. She was a large lioness of few words, but Majivu had felt flooded with relief when they had met. Juba seemed to feel similarly, adhering to Majivu. Msafiri had been another change of pace with how chatty she was. Like... really chatty... Asking a lot of questions about the Jini-msemi that brought up some painful memories, but, it was better than being lonesome.

A happy little troupe they were, but... Not able to manage in the desert without intervention.

--------------------------------------

Juba had the most know-how about ways to survive in the desert, but this was a level of harshness that was unfamiliar to her. The little spring where she and her family had lived was further on the edge of the desert- at least historically. It became hotter and drier until their water was entirely gone. First the sick members of her family passed. Then the old. Then the too young. The pool that remained was poison, after all of the potable water had evaporated, but Juba learned that only after watching her parents perish.

She was the only one left, and she knew that she could not remain in her ancestral home. The lioness could not have answered if she was trying to survive or quicken her own death by wandering into the desert, but after making contact with another lioness who had lost all of her family, Juba made up her mind. She had just enough skills to sustain them but even more important knowledge.

Knowledge of the Firekin. And so Juba gave them a destination, an achievable goal. No more aimless wandering, but the promise of a home.

Msafiri was a fount of knowledge. However, that did not translate to real-world, applicable intelligence. Mostly it was a conglomerate of unorganized facts. And she was always hungry for more. On her infinite quest, she had meandered too far into the desert. She had been struggling to survive for almost the full turn of a moon, and while she held on to the idea of hope, pragmatically, the odds were against her making it much longer. She lacked the navigational skills to find her way out of the sandy tomb, never needing to find any home, those were talents she lacked. Thankfully, finally, on almost her last leg, one of the mirages she was constantly chasing was actually lions this time!!

And what interesting backgrounds they each had. Juba was less quick to talk about hers, but Msafiri would get to the bottom of it eventually. Majivu was a much better companion for talking (even though Msafiri should have sensed how uncomfortable it was making her to inquire about her missing and lost family, the scars on her back and so on).

Majivu was not the first to spot sign of the Motoujamii, Juba had been, but she was the first to make a vocalization about it. She was so excited and relieved, and her throat so parched, that she was not really quite sure what she had actually said - or if it had been words at all.

But could it be? That this would be their home? For good?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 am
User Image

Hati's ears twitched and he stood alert as someone approached him. As Shaak spoke the white and red lion listened, and as her words ended with the question of the fate of his old home the smile that played on his face only grew. "Oh, no need to apologize. Such things happen. One thing leads to another. Though it is nice to hear that this place can be solace to others." It was an optimistic way to think of the loss of a home, but Hati was an optimistic lion. Perhaps excessively so. "The pride was the Jini-msemi," he continued with a nod, "And… well. Bad luck, I guess. There was a rockslide that took the life of the queen. Things only got worse from there." He hadn't been there himself when it happened, but he'd heard stories. It'd happened to the pride before, with the fire that took the swamps (again, that he hadn't been around for. This time simply because the fire was before his time.

"What of yourself? Are you from these lands? And… ah, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Hati," he finished with a nod. He had been too busy speaking and introducing to notice the new arrivals, let alone notice that one of them had been from the very pride of which he spoke…

Kimaria

User Image

The white and red lion's attention had, mercifully, been passed on to another and Tazka took the opportunity to finish drinking and slip a little ways away. There were many individuals around and, though she was sure it wasn't impossible, the lioness found it difficult to go somewhere where she could be alone. Prides were crowded places, but she shouldn't have been expecting otherwise. Such numbers and such populated areas Tazka certainly wasn't accustomed to. The managed to move away from the center of attention of the spring. The closest individual was a lion that seemed to be sleeping, but she paid Adeyemi no mind.

"Is this place always so busy?" she said mostly to herself but in a voice that could probably be overheard. A slight twinge of annoyance was betrayed in her tone.

Ecavi

User Image

"Only if we're lucky," Hehewuti responded to the stranger with a wink and a sly smile. The gesture was broken by a laugh that followed. Shrugging, she took a seat next to Hiba. "It's a bit busier than usual now. Unsurprisingly. With so many about, it's bound to bring out the clashing personalities. Some of us are very easily rubbed the wrong way." The guard's tail flicked behind her and she stretched her front legs. "But it all grows on you. I promise."

And she meant it. If anyone lived for the (admittedly sometimes dramatic) ways of the Firekin, it was Hehewuti. It was enthralling and entertaining. What more could you ask for? "So tell me. What brings you here to the sidelines?" The guard emphasized the last word. The sidelines. As in, not a part of the action. "Is it a bit overwhelming? Or are you just trying to find the perfect moment to jump in and show us what you've got." The look that she gave him was almost an overexcited beam, turning her attention to look the numerous newcomers over as she spoke.

Ecavi

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:44 am
User Image

Dam flattened her ears in guilt. She was supposed to be on duty, not lounging about the other guards, even if today was the day that the pride allowed rogues in. She still needed to be on the look out for those that wouldn't be welcome into the pride. "I'll spread out towards the North, North-East to ensure we have full coverage." Standing, she stretched her back and let out a large yawn with a hit of roar.

She glanced at the lion nearest her and felt a warm twinge in her stomach. She secretly wished Wook would accompany her, so she would have someone to talk to with out having to shout but the guard needed to be spacious enough to cover all the ground... Oh well.

With a sigh, she cast a parting wave of her paw and padded away from the group.

Mysses Greenie
Well it's finals week so Dam is going to duck out. :3 She would love more RP with Wook if you're interested Greenie!

Ecavi

Kimaria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:05 am
Shula smiled a bit at the lioness. "Yes I sometimes wish there were more medics with the harsh conditions we live with here, though I think some would rather tough it out trying to prove they belong here or something." She didn't really understand it, though she had been born in the pride and had learned to be a medic from her mother rather than going around sparring with others or guarding. She figured if someone truly needed help they should ask for it.

However she had found that it was best not to push the issue unless the problem was major. If they didn't want to be looked at then she couldn't force it. She was glad Sia had found her in time, however the other lioness would have to learn to be careful out here quickly, the desert was unforgiving. "The Pridelands? Interesting, I've never been out of the pride myself, but then again I haven't had any wanderlust either. I find my job pretty fulfilling here." She replied, checking the paw again to make sure she had done her job correctly.

"Born and raised here and this is all I know. But it might be fun to know about other prides too. What was it like in the Pridelands?"

Kimaria

((So sorry about getting back to you so late on this!))  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:10 am
Kimaria
spiffy! My aim is Syrius Lionwing if you wanna discuss ^_^! Sorry about my short replies btw my brain is mushy!

Ecavi

The dark maned male grinned cockily, his violet eyes sparkling in an overly excited manner. "Lets go." He nods to the silver female "I'll be sure to not hurt you too baddly." Hhe chuckles, he wasnt afraid of the females, he was big enough to look after himself, he had wandered the roguelands alone, fought a few tough battles, taken down prey beasts much bigger than himself.

He had never had to fight another lion really, though he knew how of course, he had fought with his siblings as a youngster, his father had taught him how to defend himself and those he loved. He may have been an idiot but he could at least take down one little female, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:47 pm
If only he had spoken his mind because it seemed everyone was likely doing precisely what he had thought about, the fight would be fun - a lot of fun - to watch and bear witness too, but alas there was a responsibility to the pride itself.

Once the dust had settled, figuratively, on the decisions being made as to whether they ought to go or stay Wook made the choice to mingle about in the Sparring Grounds. This was his chance to get his name out there a little more, meet with some of the rogues and perhaps even get some more duels under his belt - there were many things he could do with his future if he strives to earn more. The thought was fleeting, something he hadn't openly brought forward in his mind. Sure, he had been considering his future more and more these days, but he hadn't acted on anything - not yet.

"Glorious day, indeed." He spoke - not being far from the main portion of the sparring grounds meant it didn't take him long to encounter someone, or someones in this case. Two, a male and female had entered the Sparring Grounds, one appearing to be a fighter and the other a lover? Wook, who was amused by his internal joke, had almost laughed out loud.

"Welcome, to the Motoujamii."

The Guard was smiling, nothing to large, but warm. His purple eyes took in the fresh meat before him and he was impressed by the female, but wondered what a male his size had to offer. Wook then reminded himself that size wasn't everything, perhaps the male had some tricks tucked away somewhere.

I Lady Kiya I

Roman Foi
Sounds good to me! I would love more RP. <3

Kimaria

Ecavi

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:35 pm
When the male greeted them, Aiko didn't realize there was someone else next to him, and when the male spoke, Aiko had a look of Who me?. The male before him was impressive looking, and Aiko was probably not very impressive looking. But he had managed to make it here. To him, that was impressive enough.

"Thank you!" he said with an ecstatic voice.

------------------------------------------------

Lessien inclined her head to the male who had greeted her and the other new comers. "I thank you for the warm welcome." She spoke to him with a stern powerful voice. She was here to prove she was just as good as anyone else, if not better.

"I'm Lessien Súrion" she introduced her self to the male. She wasn't one to be shy about her presence. The better she fit in this place, the more likely she was to succeed in working together with those around her.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:11 pm
Wook was making an assumption - the pair had been close enough to know each other - by his standards at least and so in his busy mind he determined that's precisely what was going on here.

The amount of enthusiasm he received from both parties, be it hot or cold, was remarkable. Were all of the newest candidates like this? The red male wondered this to himself briefly, but didn't allow much of a silence to fall between himself and the group.

"Wook." He said, giving his name and politely choosing not to vocally recognize the thanks, though he did provide a very short nod. "It's a pleasure Lessien Súrion and what about your friend? What is his name?" A stern look, one that Wook didn't use often was sent the red males way - hadn't he been taught manners?

I Lady Kiya I

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 am
Brii'ehn dipped her head again and turned to face the male who she'd had the misfotrune to sit beside. Or, perhaps it was fortunate. Perhaps it would give her the opportunity she needed to truly earn her place amongst these people. Her people.

"I hope you are ready," she declared, dropping into a defensive stance to show that she was ready.

If he wasn't then he was about to be caught by surprise, for the words had barely left her mouth when she had leapt at him, a snarl ripping from her throat. In seconds the polite and proper female had transformed into a potential threat.

---

"Your guess is as good as mine," Heti called, raising his voice a little to make up for the growing distance between them. "Although it may depend on the outcome of their duel. I don't know what would be worse to deal with; if he wins or if he loses!" Either way, they likely wouldn't hear the end of it.

And, with a groan, he launched himself back up onto the rock where he had been before the situation had degenerated and turned his eyes back to the horizon, watching as Dam'adhra made her way back out to the border.

It was in that moment, standing on that rock, marveling in the charged atmosphere of the outpost that he fell in love with the Firekin all over again. He didn't think he could be more proud of his heritage or of his people to see how far they had come. How they had risen up again from the ashes of their despair to become this unstoppable force.

---

Shaak nodded softly at Hati's response, her voice carefully sympathetic. She was a calming force amongst all the bluster that could be found amongst the Firekin, making her stand out a little more than perhaps she would like. Still, she liked to think that her presence brought some balance to the fire that raged in the heart of the desert - unwanted or not.

"I do hope it can bring you solace. Time is a healer but that doesn't mean you will be well again in a few days time. It is natural to grieve. The loss of a home is perhaps more of a shock than a loved one."

She gave him a small smile, "No. I was originally a rogue before settling here, wandering the lands until my paws brought me here - to my destiny. It is nice to meet you. My name is Shaak and I am a guard of the Motoujamii. Have you won your duel already or are you waiting your turn?"

---

"Being a medic sounds like it would be really tough," Sia admitted. "Far harder than just beating on someone. You'd have to know--well, lots of things about herbs and the like. That takes a different set of skills altogether. Probably far more than your average brute could handle," she laughed sweetly, clearly meaning no offense to those who had chosen a military background - though, of course, it certainly could have been taken that way.

"I guess you must be really needed here. The desert is a harsh climate. Lots of things to go wrong with one's health."

She flashed Shula a grin, "ah, the Pridelands. As boring as its name!" She laughed then, waving a paw, "no, no, I joke. It is a lot different from here. There is water and great swaths of grass as far as the eye can see. Herds are plentiful and the population is large and peaceful. I should have been happy there -- perhaps I was! But, I wanted something more. I wanted adventure and romance." She winked, teasingly, "I do expect there to be a lot of handsome, strong lions here for me to flirt with."

Syrius Lionwing

Ecavi

oo DeD

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:06 am
"Me?" Aiko spoke, looking about to see if he was in fact who he was talking to. The lioness before him had a strong voice compared to himself. It almost startled him to see that she was RIGHT THERE. He looked back towards the lion who asked his name. "Aiko."

He didn't correct the male, however. He was confused, but not going to question it. It could be that the male just called everyone friend perhaps.

-----------------------------------------------

Lessien cocked her brow and looked from both sides. "I'm not here with anyone." She said as she stepped away from the red male next to her. Who was he? Did he sneak up on her? Nah, she was sure they entered the are at the EXACT Same time. He seemed the weaker type, at least... she was bigger than him.

She wouldn't make the mistake in underestimating him, however "He is no friend of mine." She simply put. She looked to the male who had greeted them and she went back to ignoring the other male beside her.

Mysses Greenie

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 pm
Kimaria
sorry i missed you on aim! I'll do this for now but hopefully i can catch you tomorrow ^_^!

Ecavi

Beelzebub marched in to place, a grin on his maw, of course he had no intention of hurting a female, she wouldn't be able to ..no wait. He certainly did not expect her to just attack without warning. He was certainly no push over though, a surprise attack was nothing new and he treated her as he had snakes in the past. He presented her with the narrowest part of his body by turning and side stepping. Still she glanced a blow across his shoulder which certainly surprised him. This kitty certainly had claws!

"Whoah, I'v never seen a girl move like that before." He grins his violet eyes dancing happily. It looked like he was going to have to take this seriously. Maybe he had underestimated this female.

Nahhhhh, she was still a girl, one swipe and she'd be down he was certain, even if she did move like a spitting python. He turned quickly to face her once again wondering if she would do that surprise attack again. She was fast, he most certainly wasnt any where near as fleet of foot but he had strength on his side, he was certain of that, she was just a girl after all, one little scratch wouldn't take him down.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 pm
The shared confusion of both parties had Wook almost laughing. Turned out that his assumption was falsely made and so he was now centered into an awkward conversation. Goodness.

"Ah, nice to meet you Aiko." He said out loud and likely more directed at the female than he had intended. In Wooks eyes it appeared as though she wasn't nearly as aware of her surroundings as he might have given her - he reminded himself that perhaps with the higher volume of individuals about the mistake was forgivable.

When all was out of Lessien's maw he finally decided to speak up again. "Well, there is no time like the present to learn about each other? Names are a start. Since you've both come this far have you decided what it is you'll be contributing to the pride?" Yes, it came off as an interrogation, Wook was facing a personal battle of how to deal with so many rogues entering the prides lands.

Though his faith was strong enough in his prides lands that none of his nerves were externally present for recognition.

I Lady Kiya I

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:06 am
User ImageUser Image

Agni-pariksha said nothing else and instead waited to see what became of the little match-up she had made. She fully expected Bri'ehn to teach Beelzebub a lesson and she was hoping the male would show he was more than just talk. There had already been some of that today, of course, but not preceded by such a troubling.. opinion.

When Bri'ehn made her move, the Regent grinned. Watching this was going to be good.

Hiba found Hehewuti's attitude as reassuring as her words. It was a much more effective approach than the Regent had taken, but that may have been helped by the fact that this lioness was not a Regent. He was pretty sure, anyway. So he smiled, trying to imagine himself being so.. aggressive. It would grow on him.

Then she asked about dueling.

"Oh, um," he cleared his throat, "I've already tried a couple times, actually. Just.. taking a break now, I guess."

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

oo DeD

User ImageUser Image

Jini-msemi.. Adanna struggled for a moment to figure out if it was a name she had heard. It sounded familiar but if it was, it hadn't been interesting enough to take up much space in her memory. She nearly missed the introductions and.. missed an opportunity to interrupt. Instead she listened to Hati and Shaak.. and realized she wasn't doing a very good job just sitting here and doubling up with Shaak. So she offered the pair a smile and moved to another spot to investigate.

The muttering of a nearby annoyed and unfamiliar voice got Adeyemi's ears twitching.. and he stubbornly ignored it until he decided maybe, just maybe the query deserved an answer.

"Yes," he said, opening his eyes and glancing in the direction of the voice and stopping on Tazka. She was a uniquely marked lioness, which was rare enough in a pride full of red. And yet somehow it was her toes that stood out the most. It was a strange little pattern.

His voice had the same annoyance as her, it was apparent he wasn't exactly thrilled to be here.

oo DeD

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces