[ORP] New Arrivals [Done] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 am
astoriafallen
sorry took time Had to read all of that to find out what was happening lol!!

[quotew="Tanakoko"]

Although she was older only by a few minutes, kokulzawa was still the eldest and she had always taken that mental. She had moved, subtly, in front of her sisters her fur bristling at the confrontation happening around them, her gaze flickering between the warring lions and her younger sisters. A ball of worry rose in her chest and she turned to Sobala and Yimvelo when the excitement had ebbed.

"Gather up your Cubs and we will stay together, close together, for the next few days." She whispers a serious, worried look on her usually stern face. "I have a bad feeling about this." She rumbles rolling her shoulders uncomfortably "a very bad feeling."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:02 am
"Lionesses?" Ukulambile squinted harder, but there was no way she could see from here what was happening. "Why would he be mad about lionesses?" Uku's own tail swept back and forth in interest as she tried to puzzle out what might be going on until Intuthwane returned. They weren't redpelts, obviously, that much she could see from here, so who were they and what did they want that was making the Umholi mad?

Uuuugh, why did interesting things have to happen now, when she was big as a buffalo and so close to leaving to have her cubs? Who knew what she'd miss while she was gone? It wasn't fair!

Annchen

Meepfur
Captain

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:19 am
Quote:
I seriously don't know why Baie is so much angrier than the one who is actually related to Khazine... she took a life of her own there... o.o

There was approval in Baie’s eyes as she glanced at Andhaka’s tense posture, proof he hadn’t agreed with the other male’s… suggestion. She was also briefly shocked by how easily the strangers seemed to accept the idea of taking a few adolescents hyena-hunting. Hyenas were small but sneaky and often used numbers against a lion’s brute force. Before she lost sight of the golden male, however, Baie followed after the Abaholi, walking by the object of her ire’s side for a few moments.

“Mark my words, Bangizwe. You crossed a line, today.” She said, very quietly, posture deceptively relaxed. The male towered over her but she was unafraid. Turning on an Umzingeli would surely mark the end of an Umholi’s reign in most situations. “If anything happens to that girl because of this little test of yours... just know that your fate is now tied with hers.” She wouldn’t rest until the male was dead or crippled in the rogue lands if they lost Khazine because of him.

“And you should expect a visit from Ukuthula. Be ready, Umholi.” She walked away, then. Oh yeah, she was snitching. If Wodi didn't beat her to it. Even if Baie stayed clear of Wodi's daughters, she would gather her family. Her niece, all her great nieces, her daughters. Her son. The Umama Bangizwe had fathered. She would spread the Umholi's words throughout the pride before nightfall.

------

Thuli couldn’t decide whether to feel upset that her grand-niece was going to fight hyenas or jealous. In the end, she went with mildly concerned, because the young lioness seemed much smaller next to the adults in her group. Vulnerable. Killable, even.

“Hey, you.” Thuli said, somewhat awkwardly, concern slipping into her expression, thinking of a suitable name for the younger lioness in their native tongue. “Be careful, Enhle.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:19 am
Tawa watched as the other two males left the scene quietly but certainly still steaming. That was not a conversation he wanted to be a part of, oh no. He remained where he was, watching the two groups of lionesses slowly disperse - the joining ones heading back the way they had come to presumably find the hyenas, the Bonelands back into the pride a bit because the fun was over.

A voice made him turn and he found himself looking at Chiko, one of the lionesses about his age. Oh dear...she was asking his opinion? Clearing his throat, he shifted to get to his feet once more.

"It was...a bit strange. This whole situation is quite strange, to be honest. I'm not against letting them join, but I'm used to conditions like the ones we're seeing," he added as an afterthought. "Water is scarce where I'm from, as is food. A few more mouths would help in the long run, but I understand the concern Bangizwe has. I think it might have been said a bit...harshly."

AstoriaFallen
A few words will work!

Nur rolled her eyes at the verdict and turned to huddle with the females that she had arrived with, ready to leave at a moment's notice. They had some hyenas to destroy, apparently.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:51 am
Khazine, more accustomed to 'tough love' than open affection or concern, wasn't entirely certain how to deal with her newly-met great aunt's concern for her welfare, and ducked her head. Her father had taught her some of the language he'd been born to, though she had admittedly not been a very good student, preferring wrestling with her cousins to sitting still while he spoke to her in two different tongues. "I'll be fine, Anti," she said, shuffling her paws awkwardly, "And I'll be back."

Before she could say anything else, Sinir whacked her in the back of the head, earning a scowl that made her cousin laugh. "Do't get soft yet, Khaz! We've got hyenas to kill." Far from worried, she bubbled with confidence and excitement, and was actually rather put out that Khazine wasn't quite as enthusiastic, knowing that she would have been if it weren't for all this mushy stuff going on. "C'mon, it'll be good practice for the grumpy one."

Sinir glanced pointedly at the retreating form of the golden Umholi, then winked and scampered off with a whoop.

Her mother gave a long-suffering sigh, dipped her head to those of the Ithambo who remained in the vicinity, and set off after her Sinir, who had set off the rest of her sisters and begun a rather noisy, chaotic display of hollering adolescents. Well, at least they'd behaved themselves right up until the very end. "Alright, move out! I want those sorry bastards found by nightfall."

---

If Baie hadn't followed Bangizwe, Wodi might have been inclined to herself, but as such she left it to the orange lioness. As an Umzingeli, her opinion - and disapproval - would carry more weight than Wodi's. She tore her eyes away from them long enough to turn back to Khazine, who looked a mixture of pleased by and uncomfortable with the attention from Thulisile. "Go on now, the sooner you leave the sooner you can return, and tell me more about yourself and what my idiot grandson's been up to."

After one last lingering look at Baie and the Abaholi, Wodi set off on her own course to find Ukuthula. Her daughter was sure to have choice words for Bangizwe, and her granddaughters Uheshe and Izinyathi would likely not be pleased, either. He had stirred up more trouble than he seemed to realize.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:52 am
"I have no idea," Inkungu said, "Usually it's the males being over the moon about new females and the Abazingeli being stand-offish. Something's not right here. Maybe they came with bad news? But he looked angry walking over there so that doesn't make sense either."

She should know since she had joined with her sister, shortly before Bangizwe took his place as a leadning male. They had been accepted fairly quickly and had even changed their names and now she viewed her pride as her family. She alternated between grooming her 'sister' and looking at what was going on. Tension was spreading through their ranks, and she would very much like to know what was going on.

---

Intuthwane had only managed to catch the tail end of what was happening, and when everyone started to scatter she went back to report to her elders. What little she had heard was exciting enough! On the way she found her sulking brother and he ended up tagging along.

"The new lionesses are going to hunt the hyenas!" she said, tail twitching excitedly, "Even the cubs! Baie is so angry, I thought she was going to kill Bagizwe."

The youngest of the new lionesses were about her age, but it sounded more dramatic to call them cubs. Besides, there were older females who called her a cub all the time since she hadn't bothered with her Ukuzalwa yet. Being not-yet-adult was a mixed blessing.

---

"Yeah, Baie is pissed," Jasirku confirmed, "I saw her fume when she walked away."

The drama was enough to pull him half way out of his sulking. He might need to delay his grand exit a few days to see how this panned out. He didn't have much more to add since he hadn't wanted to look like he cared about what was going on, and consequently had missed a lot of it.

"Wow you're....... big." he blurted. Normally he wouldn't go near the pregnant females so he hadn't seen Ukulambile up close in a while. "I need to go do a thing... over there."

At least he hadn't called her fat.

---

Marmar gave the remaining lions a sharp nod and joined her family, taking her place in a loose formation that would help scan the area while still watching the other's backs. Nothing was ever easy, was it? These stuck up lions better be worth the effort!

Meepfur

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:19 am
SilverLutz

She was glad she wasn't the only one who thought the whole encounter to be odd. She had to agree, her father had been a bit harsh. "I just don't think my father knew how to handle it with the most tact." She said thinking of other ways it could have gone. "But by the way the lionesses themselves stood, perhaps his way was the best way for the time being." She said to him.

While she had him alone she figured she'd make herself clear to him. "I'm just throwing it out there.... Once the season lets up and we have more to offer towards the pride I'll be seeking you out.. For... You know." She said with a small cough afterwards. She knew they would never say no to a lioness but she didn't want to just blindside him either.

Syrius Lionwing
no worries

Tanakako

"Yes, let us all keep together for the time being. At least until we know more." Yimvelo said as she looked over her siblings and then towards Liyana and Mthunzi who were resting in the shade of a dead tree not to far away. "Come, let's go rest.. Today has been long and hot and trying." She suggested towards them all.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:45 pm
Ukulambile perked up eagerly when Intuthwane returned, absolutely depserate to know what all of that had been about, and it was delicious. "They're going to hunt the hyenas? I guess that's a good thing, but- but why would they be doing it? And why are they taking cubs? Is that why Baie's angry?"

The Umzingeli took the adolescent literally when she said 'cubs,' and squinted again at the rapidly retreating forms, but she couldn't make anything out at the increasing distance. That was terrible! They would be eaten! What could they even do, besides be used as bait? It was a horrifying thought.

She was so preocuppied that it took her a moment to realize Jasirku had spoken, and she blinked up at the Lusizi before nonchalantly agreeing with him. "Yes, I am."

Annchen

((And with that, I'm going to compile a list and roll! Everyone is welcome to keep posting if you need more posts or have anything to finish, though.))  

Meepfur
Captain

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 27!

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:50 pm
First pick of the prizes will go to...

Quote:
1. Astoria
2. Lutz
3. Excited Apathy
4. Annchen
5. Annchen
6. Astoria
7. Syrius
8. Annchen
9. Tanakako
10. Tanakako
11. Annchen
12. Mogami
13. Astoria
14. Lutz
15. Mogami
16. Annchen
17. Syrius
18. Astoria
19. Lutz
20. belloblossom
21. Mogami
22. Astoria
23. Mogami
24. Lutz
25. Mogami
26. Annchen
27. Excited Apathy
28. Lutz
29. Astoria
30. Syrius
31. Mogami
32. Lutz
33. Annchen
34. Astoria

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 11!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:51 pm
Second pick to...  

Meepfur
Captain

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 27!

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:52 pm
(Haha, really Gaia?)  
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 17!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:53 pm
Let's try that last one again.  

Meepfur
Captain

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 pm
Excited Apathy
First choice of prizes.

Annchen
Second choice of prizes.

Syrius Lionwing
Whichever is left.

Quote:
Prizes

User Image User Image
Ex-Qyrhy Lionesses. Busisa.
Aniketos x Nesf bint Adala

Their father Aniketos died before they were born, their mother is Nesf bint Adala.

As far as names go, she'll have given them traditional Qyrhy names (__ bint Nesf), but they may choose or be given a Zulu name later. Nesf was not in a happy place when she named them, so happy/hopeful birth names are unlikely. XD My girl's name, Sinir, means 'fury.' Antoher sister is Kasirga, 'hurricane.' (Nesf's own name just means 'half,' because she's a twin.)

They've been living as nomads since they were tiny, working their way towards the Bonelands. They've been taught about Qyrhy culture as well as Bonelands culture, and have been taught to fight. There are 5 sisters all told, as well as their cousin Khazine (Umkhombo's daughter), who was raised alongside them. They should not be particularly civilized/demure/ladylike/etc. They were born into a warrior culture and have lived almost their entire lives as nomads.

User Image
Andhaka x Ukulambile. Cub->Umzingeli.
NOT born yet.

Andhaka usually doesn't have a lot to do with his babies, he's fairly typical to the Bonelands style and keeps his distance. Ukulambile is pretty traditional in most of her views when it comes to things like color, manes, etc., although she's not actively hostile towards folks who are outside the norm; she just pretends they don't exist, for the most part. She's generally upbeat and VERY gossipy and nosy, and looooves food. There is nothing she likes more than eating. XD

She's not particularly deep or clever, so she'll give her cubs pretty simple/basic names in Zulu, after whatever personality traits, physical attributes, or habits they display in their first couple of weeks, right around the time they start toddling around. Ukulambile's name means 'hungry,' for instance, and the two girls with names so far are Khononda - 'complain' - and Umugqa - 'stripe.'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 am
There was much to think about from this meeting here today, the new arrivals seemed so savage to her, especially since she had been born and raised here. She supposed their way of life was different, unusual even tho many outsiders but that didn’t matter. Their life here was one hard won and they lived the life they were supposed to.

Kokulzawa had to ponder what exactly these outsiders would do, if they would keep up their bargain or if they would simply walk away and leave the scourge un-battled. It didn’t really matter to her. If they returned she would keep a weather eye out for them but if they did not hurt her, or her siblings, they would be welcome as far as she was concerned. She watched quietly as others discussed matters and waited for her sisters to decide to leave.  

Syrius Lionwing

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:13 am
Syrius Lionwing
You're welcome! Just FYI, the Ithambo don't really have or use dens.

Quote:
There are a great deal of rock formations and scattered African trees that provide both shade, protection, and a location to sleep. Females usually find an area protected from the wind by rocks, and relatively protected from rain with a tree or two. The presence of caves is extremely rare, and if one is found, it is usually completely left alone. Bonelands pridal members feel trapped in the small one-entrance areas and are fairly easy prey for agressive hyenas. Sleeping locations are usually areas of greater protection from the elements and may be as simple as one rock which is leaning against another. Otherwise, lions generally huddle together and hide under trees or select bushes to keep out of elements like rain.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff