Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:47 pm
Can Pokemon see out of their Pokeball? Meaning that the top half of the Pokeball is transparent for the Trainer and Pokemon to see in and out of the ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:02 pm
Also for HM moves are they considered a move? For instance let us use Tropius as an example. It has wings and can be seen flying in the anime and the movies. Does it need to learn the move Fly to start flying in the first place or HM moves just a natural part of the Pokemon? Does a Pokemon need to learn Dive, Surf, Fly, etc?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:43 pm
Xaven the Raven
How will accuracy affecting moves work?

5% a move or more? Less?

Read the rules and battle tutorial as they explain about accuracy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 pm
Hope the kind

1) pokemon cannot see out of their pokeballs.

2) HM moves are considered moves and they will take up space in your moveset. Also moves like Fly and Surf will be necessary to have on pokemon if you wish for that pokemon to fly. Just because your Pidgeot has wings does not mean you can ride him/her and travel anywhere you want on the academy. Same goes with a water pokemon, you cannot use them as a boat to reach other areas. This is also the same case for any HM moves. I will create a more detailed explanation about HMs in the future. Just like clubs and other mechanics in the guild, they will all be revealed in time and not at once 3nodding so I cannot answer everything yet  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:32 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Xaven the Raven

5% a move or more? Less?

It explains how to roll for accuracy, but not how things like smokescreen, hone claws, and sand attack work. Or how things like Double Team work. I thought it would be important to ask since like 90% of starter pokemon learn sand attack by level 10.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Hope the kind

2) HM moves are considered moves and they will take up space in your moveset. Also moves like Fly and Surf will be necessary to have on pokemon if you wish for that pokemon to fly. Just because your Pidgeot has wings does not mean you can ride him/her and travel anywhere you want on the academy. Same goes with a water pokemon, you cannot use them as a boat to reach other areas. This is also the same case for any HM moves. I will create a more detailed explanation about HMs in the future. Just like clubs and other mechanics in the guild, they will all be revealed in time and not at once 3nodding so I cannot answer everything yet

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Outside of battle can the Pokemon can use Fly, Surf, Dive etc? This is just the Pokemon themselves and not referring to a human climbing on top of their Pokemon.

Here are some different question (I do apologize for asking so many questions and I further apologize if they sound redundant or dumb)
Will there be a PC system?
What is the currency of the school?
How do we obtain currency or do we magically all have enough money to buy items?
Is there a way to buy items besides going in to town?
Is there a location to heal our Pokemon or does taking a nap in our rooms automatically heal the Pokemon?
Are we utilizing Pokeblocks, Poffins, Both?
Are Pokemon allowed to be traded?

Again...I'm sorry for the abundance of these question. I also understand if many of these ideas are still in consideration for the Guild.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:04 pm
Hope the kind
Shadow of Miracles
Hope the kind

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
Outside of battle can the Pokemon can use Fly, Surf, Dive etc? This is just the Pokemon themselves and not referring to a human climbing on top of their Pokemon.

Here are some different question (I do apologize for asking so many questions and I further apologize if they sound redundant or dumb)
Will there be a PC system?
What is the currency of the school?
How do we obtain currency or do we magically all have enough money to buy items?
Is there a way to buy items besides going in to town?
Is there a location to heal our Pokemon or does taking a nap in our rooms automatically heal the Pokemon?
Are we utilizing Pokeblocks, Poffins, Both?
Are Pokemon allowed to be traded?

Again...I'm sorry for the abundance of these question. I also understand if many of these ideas are still in consideration for the Guild.

Thank you for your interest in the guild 3nodding

as I have mentioned before I cannot answer everything because these things will be revealed as the RP progresses so please be patient. I do not intend to reveal everything about the guild.

My plans is to introduce new things over time, but the guild is still pretty new so I will ask again to please be patient and wait for for things to develop naturally. There will be guides created for everything, but you must wait.

I understand that you are curious, but this will likely be my answer to anything you might ask that involves explaining a mechanic/system for the guild sweatdrop still if there is something confusing you about a current system then you may ask and I will direct you to the answer or provide one for you ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 pm
Xaven the Raven
Shadow of Miracles
Xaven the Raven

5% a move or more? Less?

It explains how to roll for accuracy, but not how things like smokescreen, hone claws, and sand attack work. Or how things like Double Team work. I thought it would be important to ask since like 90% of starter pokemon learn sand attack by level 10.

Moves that raise accuracy will give that move 10% more accuracy and moves that lower accuracy/evasion will lose 10% accuracy.

ex:
- Hone Claw + Thunder (70%) = Thunder (80%)
- Player A uses Sand Attack + Player B Thunder (70%) = Player B Thunder (60%)

A more in-depth explanation for the battle system will be created, but if you have other questions about it then please let me know and I'll try to answer them.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:25 pm
Shadow of Miracles

Hi Shadow I just have a quick question!

Are the employees allowed to post in the dorms when the party starts? Also, are teachers allowed to post freely now that the Opening Ceremony is coming to a close?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm
Hope the kind
Shadow of Miracles

Are the employees allowed to post in the dorms when the party starts? Also, are teachers allowed to post freely now that the Opening Ceremony is coming to a close?

I am currently working on the final post for the Opening Ceremony. After I am done then free time can begin, but remember what my announcement said. Teachers are supposed to have a welcoming party planned for the students.

Once I am done with the post then I will be working on reviewing your teacher character. I noticed you quoted me for your teacher profile and I will ask you to not do it again since I am well aware that your profile still needs review and I had already mentioned to you that I would not be reviewing your profile until the opening ceremony finished (which is not done yet).

Sadly, I can't say that your profile will be ready before free time is over so you might need to wait until classes begin to post as your teacher.

Academy Employee members cannot post yet. Please be patient and wait for the PM that will inform you what actions your Academy Employee character may take.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:58 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Hope the kind
Shadow of Miracles

I am currently working on the final post for the Opening Ceremony. After I am done then free time can begin, but remember what my announcement said. Teachers are supposed to have a welcoming party planned for the students.

Once I am done with the post then I will be working on reviewing your teacher character. I noticed you quoted me for your teacher profile and I will ask you to not do it again since I am well aware that your profile still needs review and I had already mentioned to you that I would not be reviewing your profile until the opening ceremony finished (which is not done yet).

Sadly, I can't say that your profile will be ready before free time is over so you might need to wait until classes begin to post as your teacher.

Academy Employee members cannot post yet. Please be patient and wait for the PM that will inform you what actions your Academy Employee character may take.

"Sadly, I can't say that your profile will be ready before free time is over so you might need to wait until classes begin to post as your teacher."

Does this mean that Aaron won't be able to participate in the dorm party?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:43 pm
Hope the kind
Shadow of Miracles
Hope the kind
Shadow of Miracles

"Sadly, I can't say that your profile will be ready before free time is over so you might need to wait until classes begin to post as your teacher."

Does this mean that Aaron won't be able to participate in the dorm party?

There's a chance, it really depends if I can review it on time or not.

My real life priorities come first and this guild comes second so all I ask from my members at times like this is patience.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RWBY_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:13 pm
Hi I have a question, I have a character made but the open ceremony is over and the welcoming party started but I haven heard anything back on wether she was accepted, she is the newest student in the admissions area her name is akame tetsugya  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:36 pm
Once Aaron gets placed into a house should I just have him pop up during the party? Since he didn't get accepted until after the decorations, food, and such were set. Or is this discreetly left up to me?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers