Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rainy Days are here again - Another L5R 4e Campaign? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:01 am
No mine, just fishing? That actually sounds kinda fun~

Why are we looking for more suggestions? This seems like the point to start narrowing them down. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:37 am
I like the thought of having a kind of clash between mining and fishing. EG Their charter is to fish (and manage fishing of) delicacies for the imperials, but the mine brings in as many resources.

Does the Clan choose to focus on its imperial mandate or pursue other things at the expense of their obligations? Just a thought.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54 am
Allow me to direct your attention to google

Akkorokamui. A Japanese sea monster of legend that resembles an octopus. Basically it is the Kraken.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11 am
Plainsfox
I like the thought of having a kind of clash between mining and fishing. EG Their charter is to fish (and manage fishing of) delicacies for the imperials, but the mine brings in as many resources.

Does the Clan choose to focus on its imperial mandate or pursue other things at the expense of their obligations? Just a thought.

You can still have the mine. Ultimately, the reason why you were given this island over a Great Clan is the question to be answered. Why are you there, as far as the Imperials are concerned?

The non-jade mine is a good idea though, to cover your own clan's operating expenses. I don't think the Emperor or anyone else will care about gemstones that offer nothing except being pretty. So that would be all you, if that's something you guys would want.

Anywho, unless someone comes up with something that everyone falls in love with, we need to work at narrowing this down.

Duty Suggestions
Mining
Pirate Warding
Fugu Fishing

Name Suggestions
Octopus (PupSage)
Dolphin (Plainsfox)
Seahorse (Paidi tou Selini)
Eel (PupSage)
Cat (Plainsfox)
Mizuchi (Raganui Minamoto)
Akkorokamui/Kraken (PupSage)

Assuming no other name suggestions get tossed out, what would be each of your favorite name nomination that someone else made?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:12 am
I'm going to go with the Fugu Fishing as duty (with a mine operation to just keep the clan floating), as for name... Akkorokamui Clan  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:56 am
Yes, delicacy fishing mandate, with happenstancial mine~

The Kraken clan, huh? We are going to get utterly obliterated for our hubris, but sure why not. xd  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:43 pm
Rain Yupa

Duty Suggestions
Yes - Mining
Yes - Pirate Warding
Yes - Fugu Fishing

Name Suggestions
Seahorse (Paidi tou Selini)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:32 pm
Kraken seems a bit big for a minor clan. Right now, Octopus has my vote, cause reasons. >< Seahorse is fine, too.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:54 pm
Plainsfox
Kraken seems a bit big for a minor clan. Right now, Octopus has my vote, cause reasons. >< Seahorse is fine, too.

But just imagine it. The Dragon clan is at war, they roll up with a bit box on a cart and yell "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" Then we pour out with pufferfish poison infused weapons!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:34 pm
><

We're just simple fisherpeople.We fish and mine and run places where fishers and miners can enjoy themselves!

On a more serious note: Poison is major bad mojo. If you're caught using it, you may be asked to clean your house's honor. You may be executed.

As far as the Dragon goes, it's unknown how deep the ties may be with them. They have supported the Dragonfly Clan, but that's because the Dragonflies fulfill a role important to them.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 pm
Well, right now it's 2 Kraken, 1 Seahorse, and 1 Octopus. I'm using the 'translated' Kraken, because all the other clans use the Clan Name of something translated in English.

So unless someone wants to change their vote, it looks like you guys will be the Kraken Clan, for good or for ill! I'll check back tomorrow smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:32 pm
Kraken is fine with me.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 am
Lets get kraken on the next step ... get it? Get it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:28 pm
/groan  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 pm
Just a thought, or note....we may end up borrowing a little from the Mantis due to their experience with fishing traditions. EG The Mantis do not use any weapon they can afford to lose aboard a ship and leave them on land.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff