Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e] Ca-anas Revisited [5/5 - Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:28 am
Fire fox The Overlord
Well here is the character sheet.... hope everything is in order. Had to acquire pdf files of the book before I could create it though sweatdrop
Fang the Drunk, Razorclaw Shifter Warden

I'm not auditing it FOR Dion, I'm just getting it ready for him sweatdrop

There's standard point buy rules on p17 of the first PHB, btw. You look like you've spent 29 points to me (Wis 16, Str 15, Con 15, Dex 12, Int 12, Cha 10, not including +2 Wis and Dex from being a Shifter, and +1 to two stats at level 4). The starting amount is 22 points to spend, with a base spread of 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8.

Your hit points are way down. As a Warden, you start with 17 + Con score hit points, and add 7 every level. So for 1st level, you should have 17+15 (Con) = 32 hit points, then +7 more every level beyond that. 32+49 = 81 hit points.

A Warden has Nature as one of their trained skills, and 3 more trained skills chosen from the list on page 152 of the PHB2. You should have 4 total, and you have 6. Stealth and Acrobatics are not options for a Warden either, so this might be easily remedied.

For your Guardian Might, you need to choose Earthstrength or Wildblood, which give you different options. If you have Primal Power as well, then you also have Lifespirit or Stormheart options too. Earthstrength replaces Dex/Int with Con for AC, and gives you a defense boost if you take your Second Wind (a self-heal during combat that uses your standard action). Wildblood replaces Dex/Int with Wis for your AC, and gives enemies marked by you (using Nature's Wrath) a penalty to attack rolls if you take your Second Wind. Lifespirit uses Wisdom for AC as well, and using your Second Wind grants a nearby ally a little healing. Stormheart uses Constitution for AC like Earthstrength, and using your Second Wind moves enemies around and slows them.

The Acolyte of Divine Secrets feat gives you training in Religion, which you never took. Also, it gives you an Invoker At-Will power as an Encounter power, which you don't seem to have taken.

You have the Crushing Earthstrength feat, which means you have to take the Earthstrength Guardian Might option, a Constitution-based one. However, the Acolyte of Divine Secrets gives you an Invoker power, which will be based off of Wisdom. Figuring your stats will be toned back some, I informally recommend you change one of these two feats. Wardens should have decent Strength (for attack), and either Constitution or Wisdom. Trying to keep both of them high will sacrifice your ability to hit things with Strength.

Panther Spirit Armor is Leather Only (the first line beneath the costs). Your armor bonus is listed as "3", which indicates Hide. So you either need to have a lower armor, or to change which magic one you have. If you just did 3 because of 2 + the 1 enhancement bonus, the enhancement bonus should actually go on the top, where you see all your defenses, under the "Enh" column.

As for whichever stat boosts your AC (Con or Wis), I think the standard for wardens is to utilize the "Class" column for the difference between their bonuses. So, as it is now before changes, there would be no change between Constitution and Dexterity bonuses, but if your Con ever goes to 16 (+3), I would type "+1" under AC/Class to represent the difference between your stats.

You shorted yourself a feat. You should have a feat at levels 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8.

I don't know where you got +1 Athletics from.

You also shorted yourself a piece of magic gear. You will get a level 9 item, a level 8 item, a level 7 item, and 2600 gp (or another level 7 item, if you want to keep it simple).

Sorry for throwing so much at you sweatdrop Making 4e characters will come second nature to you after you've made three or four of them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 pm
...Yeah. What he said.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm
Tanimeso
Barthas, Human Wizard

HammerFist for regional background. And yea, it's a bit lite compared to what I seen, but I am relatively new to dnd and 4e. I know my basics. About it. PHB one and three are all I had access too.

I have a human LASERBEAM cleric on the backburner if we lack heals.

Considering we have 2 Leaders in the group, we should have no problems in regard to healing. Firepower, on the other hand...

...Also, add an item to your inventory called "Rune of Hammerfist," and choose 3 ritual options of your level or lower. I'll look at them and approve one of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 pm
Done

Seeing as my thoughts work in bursts, I figured I would get this out the way now. I work a full time job, Often It leads me to be gone during what would be 'gaia peak hours" Which is the entire afternoon, except for my days off (god knows when those happen to ever drop by). But I am usually available during the midnight hours or midmorning to early afternoon.  

Tanimeso

Aged Smoker

4,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 pm
Tanimeso
Done

Seeing as my thoughts work in bursts, I figured I would get this out the way now. I work a full time job, Often It leads me to be gone during what would be 'gaia peak hours" Which is the entire afternoon, except for my days off (god knows when those happen to ever drop by). But I am usually available during the midnight hours or midmorning to early afternoon.

That should be fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Rain Yupa
Fire fox The Overlord
Well here is the character sheet.... hope everything is in order. Had to acquire pdf files of the book before I could create it though sweatdrop

Dion Necurat

.... and people say 3.5 is complicated to understand and hard to complete. Although I think I got it all fixed  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm
Fire fox The Overlord
Rain Yupa
Fire fox The Overlord

.... and people say 3.5 is complicated to understand and hard to complete. Although I think I got it all fixed

Stats seem a little better, but not quite there yet. I have you at the following point costs:
Charisma = 3 points (8->11)
Intelligence = 2 points (10->12)
Dexterity = 2 points (10->12+2=14)
Wisdom = 2 points (10->12+2=14)
Constitution = 7 points (10->15+1=16)
Strength = 9 points (10->16+1=17)
25 points total.

The easiest way to bring it down to 22 is to take 3 points away from any combination of ability scores besides Con or Str. So it could be -3 Charisma, or maybe -1 Int, -1 Dex, -1 Wis, or some other combination.

Blind Fight is an epic tier feat, which means you can't take it until level 21+.

Since you have the Earthstrength Guardian Might, and your Con is higher than your Dex or Int, you have 1 higher AC. As recommended before, I suggest putting it in the "Class" column.

With Con 16, I have you at 82 hit points, rather than 81. Any time you gain +1 Con from levelling up, it will increase your total hit points by 1 as well.

With a Con bonus of +3, you should have 12 healing surges now smile

There's no CN alignment anymore ^-^ There's LG, G, Unaligned, E, CE. Of course, the DM can use whatever alignment system he wants.

Something that's not WRONG, but I'm worried you aren't getting the most out of your armor. You basically passed up a level 9 armor for a level 5 armor. While not THAT big of a deal, you effectively give up +1 AC for it. Bold Victory (PHB2), Bloodcut (PHB), and Darkleaf (PHB) all have +2 enhancement bonus instead of +1, and are magic leather armors. You can also equip Hide armor for +1 more AC (but with a -1 penalty to some skill checks). You can stay with the Panther Spirit armor, but I wanted to make sure your decision is an informed one.

Also, magic Neck pieces give you their enhancement bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. So an +2 Amulet of Protection (PHB) gives +2 to each of those defenses. That's the basic Neckpiece, without any extra abilities. Not saying you have to get one, but just letting you know what they do.

Now, for your Combat stats! Do me a favor, and beneath the Image box, you should see an "Attack Workspace" and "Damage Workspace". Type 'Strength' in for "Ability 1: ________" for each of those. Then put in these stats:
For Attack Workspace
Put +3 under "Prof". Greatswords have a +3 proficiency bonus to hit.
Put +2 under "Enh". Your Greatsword is a +2 weapon.
For Damage Workspace
Put +2 under "Enh". Your Greatsword is a +2 weapon.

So, by my calculations, you should end up with +12 to hit, and +5 to damage rolls when using your Greatsword. You will use these numbers on 99% of all your combat rolls in the campaign, most likely. We'll update them if you ever get new feats (Weapon Focus, Weapon Expertise, etc) or weapons (with different enhancement bonuses) that change these numbers around.

Also, check out page 25 for a list of languages smile

Almost done! Promise! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm
Rain Yupa

Well I changed alignment and for some strange reason decided to add a deity... Changed armor to Bloodcut Armor.
Chaged languages to Primodial and Elven
Switched Blind-fight with Blade Opportunist
Add the attack and damage numbers
Fixed Healing Surge, health and stat numbers

Its no big deal, helps me figure out 4.0 more.

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 pm
Fire fox The Overlord
Rain Yupa

Well I changed alignment and for some strange reason decided to add a deity... Changed armor to Bloodcut Armor.

You took too many away from your ability scores ^-^' Bringing your Strength down by a point actually got you 2 points back. Your Wisdom went down two points, so that's +2 more. Your Charisma went down a point, so that's +1 more. I say either bring your Wisdom back to 14, or your Strength back to 17. One or the other. That will make you set. I'm a drunkard who forgot we are at level 8. I think your previous set of stats were correct -_-' Sorry >_<

EDIT: Yeah, the previous set of stats (17, 16, 14, 12, 14, 11) was actually a point SHY. I, for some godforsaken reason, thought we only had a single pair of stat boosts (+1 to two stats at level 4), but we have a second pair (+1 to two stats at level 8 ). So if you use your previous stats, you actually can increase any non-Str, non-Con ability by 1. I'm so sorry, and I'm now going to re-audit *MY* stats to make sure I didn't do the same for myself.

Do you have +2 Bloodcut Leather Armor, or +2 Bloodcut Hide Armor? Because your armor bonus is 2 (indicating leather), but you have a -1 check penalty (indicating hide). Hide is +3, -1, whereas Leather is +2, -0.

Under Shifters, for Languages, they have: "Common, choice of one other". Int bonus no longer lets you speak moar wordz.

You spent your 2600 gp on the belt of sacrifice, so you don't actually have any left over ^-^'

Current XP should be 13,000.

Beyond that, you're good to go, at least as far as I am concerned! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:39 pm
Rain Yupa
Fire fox The Overlord
Rain Yupa

You took too many away from your ability scores ^-^' Bringing your Strength down by a point actually got you 2 points back. Your Wisdom went down two points, so that's +2 more. Your Charisma went down a point, so that's +1 more. I say either bring your Wisdom back to 14, or your Strength back to 17. One or the other. That will make you set. I'm a drunkard who forgot we are at level 8. I think your previous set of stats were correct -_-' Sorry >_<

Do you have +2 Bloodcut Leather Armor, or +2 Bloodcut Hide Armor? Because your armor bonus is 2 (indicating leather), but you have a -1 check penalty (indicating hide). Hide is +3, -1, whereas Leather is +2, -0.

Under Shifters, for Languages, they have: "Common, choice of one other". Int bonus no longer lets you speak moar wordz.

You spent your 2600 gp on the belt of sacrifice, so you don't actually have any left over ^-^'

Current XP should be 13,000.

Beyond that, you're good to go, at least as far as I am concerned! smile

Alright well I will get that fixed then, so out of curiosity how do you get more languages then?  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 pm
I edited my previous post with an explanation of why I had audited your ability scores wrong. Well, they were still way too high in the first place, but your second attempt was almost perfect. Now because of me, I've had you lowball yourself with your stats >_<

For more languages, you need the Linguist Feat (Prereq: Int 13) from the PHB. You learn 3 new languages that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Rain Yupa
I edited my previous post with an explanation of why I had audited your ability scores wrong. Well, they were still way too high in the first place, but your second attempt was almost perfect. Now because of me, I've had you lowball yourself with your stats >_<

For more languages, you need the Linguist Feat (Prereq: Int 13) from the PHB. You learn 3 new languages that way.

It is no big deal, it happens and I set them back to the previous set and increased my int stat. Besides I'm still getting the hang of 4.0, so its no big deal
I appreciate the help xp  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 pm
Fire fox The Overlord
Rain Yupa

It is no big deal, it happens and I set them back to the previous set and increased my int stat. Besides I'm still getting the hang of 4.0, so its no big deal
I appreciate the help xp

I see the stats reverted, but not your Int stat boosted. It was 12 before, so it should be 13 now?

Also, if it matters, we get +1 to all stats come level 11, if that influences where you put that last point.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 pm
Rain Yupa
Fire fox The Overlord
Rain Yupa

I appreciate the help xp

I see the stats reverted, but not your Int stat boosted. It was 12 before, so it should be 13 now?

Also, if it matters, we get +1 to all stats come level 11, if that influences where you put that last point.

Not really no it doesn't, but that is good to know. Anything else that would be important to know?  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:11 pm
Not particularly, at least nothing that immediately comes to mind.

Odds are, you'll find your character might not flow as seamlessly as it might appear in your head once you start playing him. Every time you level up, you can retrain 1 power or feat in addition to any other leveling up bonuses you get.

As a standard for 4e, especially for newer players, accuracy is more important than damage. In 3e, you got multiple attacks and if one missed, you might land with some others. In 4e, unless certain powers say otherwise, you generally get one attack, so you HAVE to make it count. As much as one may want to balance out their stats, if you have your powers based on a certain one (Wardens use Strength for theirs), you HAVE to make sure it's a high stat. Try to make sure you have at least a +3 during Heroic Tier (1-10), +4 during Paragon Tier (11-20), and +5 during Epic Tier (21-30).  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff