Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruiting: D&D 4e Coliseum 2.0 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many members to a team?
View Results

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 am
Arc Vembris
New idea: Gnome vampire who obsessively counts things

Brilliant. lol

Sure you don't want him to be obsessed with chocolate and marshmallow chunks?

As for not enough interest, make a new topic with recruiting in the title and you'll get loooooooads of interest.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 am
joe-dude667
Arc Vembris
New idea: Gnome vampire who obsessively counts things

Brilliant. lol

Sure you don't want him to be obsessed with chocolate and marshmallow chunks?

As for not enough interest, make a new topic with recruiting in the title and you'll get loooooooads of interest.

Honestly, Interest checks are kinda weaksauce. Recruitment threads are the way it's done. Also, make sure it says "D&D4e" big at the front.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am
We'd need to 'at least' double players in order to make 3 man teams viable. Currently sitting on ~6 and I don't want to start the campaign without 4 teams. I'm holding off on making another thread, although it's inevitable. I'm trying to figure out how to simply and reliably make maps, at the moment. And balancing out a system for teams to pick monsters for their opponents with some level of randomness.

I'd expect actual character acceptance around the beginning of May with the Coliseum starting when submissions dwindle.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 am
Virulent Lover
We'd need to 'at least' double players in order to make 3 man teams viable. Currently sitting on ~6 and I don't want to start the campaign without 4 teams. I'm holding off on making another thread, although it's inevitable. I'm trying to figure out how to simply and reliably make maps, at the moment. And balancing out a system for teams to pick monsters for their opponents with some level of randomness.

I'd expect actual character acceptance around the beginning of May with the Coliseum starting when submissions dwindle.

You could always just rename this thread  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am
Arc Vembris

Think that'd do it?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 am
Virulent Lover
Arc Vembris

Think that'd do it?

Absolutely, you already have all the chargen info in the first post. ACCEPTING PLAYERS NOW!  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 pm
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris
Go for two-man I say, it'll be a challenge and we can test out some of the theories floating around. Just size the encounters accordingly.
if we do that i want to offer rain a partnership now, because if I can't be on team fighter, I want to be on team nucking futs.

Melnick, without description or background (yet). I skipped on Rituals, cause if it runs like the other one, we won't have the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:53 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris
Go for two-man I say, it'll be a challenge and we can test out some of the theories floating around. Just size the encounters accordingly.
if we do that i want to offer rain a partnership now, because if I can't be on team fighter, I want to be on team nucking futs.

Melnick, without description or background (yet). I skipped on Rituals, cause if it runs like the other one, we won't have the time.
you have scorching burst marked as AT rather than AW  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm
SporkMaster5000
you have scorching burst marked as AT rather than AW

I can dream... I can dream... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:36 pm
Since it looks like people are looking at sheets now, just reposting Alana here.  

Absolute Virtue

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:25 pm
Though, now that I think about it, I am going to reserve my partnership/teammateship for people who are newer to the guild. I would prefer to play with players who I haven't really had a chance to interact with yet, if possible!

I think it will make the tournament look less elitest, more player-friendly that way :3

Until I sacrifice them to save my own skin, that is.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:48 pm
Oh, we putting sheets up now? I finished Tan-Kus a couple of days ago, but didn't want to post if no one else had.  

joe-dude667

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 pm
So no idea what I'd do for a team, but once I look up the rules for making characters... and collect PDFs, I'll probably in on this, if not exceptionally attentively.

Actually, if anyone has a partially made team or a team concept they'd like to fill out, you can shoot it my way- just tell me the concept and what characters we have already if any and I can make something to match. I'm gunning for a striker or defender, my favorite two, but leaders and controllers are extremely useful as well.

And by theme I mean... I'd prefer there be one, but I guess in the end it's not vital. Anything from "all martial/primal/divine" to "pirates" or some kind of little gig. I like gimmicks.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 pm
Elzeny Dorgumir, vryloka skald

equipment question: How much is a magic lute that can use Ghost Sound at will and doubles as a longsword sheath?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:14 pm
Arc Vembris
vryloka skald

I take it this is from one of the Essentials supplements, but I have no idea what either of those words mean.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff