Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
DnD 3.5 Eberron- Requiem of Cyre [Recruiting Party 4/6] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iLL iNTENT rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 6, 6, 2, 2, 4, 6, 4, 5, 4, 1 Total: 46 (12-72)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm
Last 3 stats
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm
So:

Could be better, could be worse : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 am
looks pretty basic.

The Kenku kinda remind me of the tengu from oriental adventures.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:26 am
Regarding available feats, would two custom feats for a starting character be allowable, along with some connected higher-level feats? I created several of them especially for 3.5 magic-casters, since I saw the extremely limited casting potential per day as a huge hindrance. Most of these feats are intended to bring 3.5 spellcasters more in line with the 4.0 magic system, while retaining the more serious nature of 3.5

Bones of the Mountain
Requirements: Level 1, CON 16 or higher, DEX 14 or lower
Benefits: Your CON modifier replaces your DEX modifier for calculations involving AC. You do not lose this bonus if flat-footed. You do not lose this bonus against touch attacks.
Special: You may only take this feat at character creation, or if an effect would cause you to permanently switch to another body (such as a permanent Polymorph Other effect), in which case you may choose to replace one other feat with this feat. The feat you replace cannot be a prerequisite for any other feat you know.

Bloodcaster
Requirements: Level 1 Arcane or Divine Spellcasting class, CON 16 or higher
Benefits: You gain double the normal HP you would gain from a high CON modifier per level. After you have cast your normal allotment of spells per day, you may inflict damage to yourself to cast additional spells. You must deal yourself one point of damage per spell level you would cast, and can specify the amount dealt. Level 0 spells require one HP in blood. You cannot cast spells with this feat that lack somatic components.
Special: You may only take this feat at character creation

Tome of Flesh and Blood
Requirements: Level 15 Spellcasting class with Prepared Spells, Bloodcaster
Benefits: You may carve runes into your skin to substitute for a spell tome. You may hold a number of spell levels on your skin equal to the square of your total spellcasting class levels.

Skin of Stone
Requirements: Bones of the Mountain, CON 20 or higher
Benefits: You gain double your CON modifier as a bonus to AC.
Special: Your bonus points to HP because of your high CON score are reduced by your CON modifier. This is applied retroactively.

Stitched Veins [EPIC]
Requirements: Bloodcaster, CON 22 or higher or able to raise CON to this level with spells
Benefits: You gain Fast Healing equal to your CON bonus per round. This is an Extraordinary ability and cannot be negated by any means.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:11 pm
Doctor_Whiteface
Regarding available feats, would two custom feats for a starting character be allowable, along with some connected higher-level feats? I created several of them especially for 3.5 magic-casters, since I saw the extremely limited casting potential per day as a huge hindrance. Most of these feats are intended to bring 3.5 spellcasters more in line with the 4.0 magic system, while retaining the more serious nature of 3.5

Bones of the Mountain
Benefits: Your CON modifier replaces your DEX modifier for calculations involving AC. You do not lose this bonus if flat-footed. You do not lose this bonus against touch attacks.
Special: You may only take this feat at character creation, or if an effect would cause you to permanently switch to another body (such as a permanent Polymorph Other effect), in which case you may choose to replace one other feat with this feat. The feat you replace cannot be a prerequisite for any other feat you know.

Bloodcaster
Benefits: You gain double the normal HP you would gain from a high CON modifier per level. After you have cast your normal allotment of spells per day, you may inflict damage to yourself to cast additional spells. You must deal yourself one point of damage per spell level you would cast, and can specify the amount dealt. Level 0 spells require one HP in blood. You cannot cast spells with this feat that lack somatic components.

Tome of Flesh and Blood
Benefits: You may carve runes into your skin to substitute for a spell tome. You may hold a number of spell levels on your skin equal to the square of your total spellcasting class levels.

Skin of Stone
Special: Your bonus points to HP because of your high CON score are reduced by your CON modifier. This is applied retroactively.

Stitched Veins [EPIC]
Requirements: Bloodcaster, CON 22 or higher or able to raise CON to this level with spells
Benefits: You gain Fast Healing equal to your CON bonus per round. This is an Extraordinary ability and cannot be negated by any means.

I don't see how these feats make your casting more like 4e. If you really need at-will spells, you can try the Reserve feats in Complete Mage and CChampion, or you can just be a warlock. If you don't think 4e is a serious game, you might need to play some more 4e.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:08 pm
Arc Vembris
Doctor_Whiteface

Bones of the Mountain

Bloodcaster

Tome of Flesh and Blood

Skin of Stone

Stitched Veins [EPIC]

I don't see how these feats make your casting more like 4e. If you really need at-will spells, you can try the Reserve feats in Complete Mage and CChampion, or you can just be a warlock. If you don't think 4e is a serious game, you might need to play some more 4e.
I've played 4.0 before multiple times, including one campaign that ran from level four to level 28. I just prefer 3.5 (except its spellcasting and incredibly annoying grapple rules). The feats were originally designed for a campaign where the DM was testing a character class he'd made that was a total CON-monkey, and I wanted to see if I could beat him at his own game. Bloodcaster was originally part of that custom class, Blood Magus.

I swear I've met you somewhere before. Your name is incredibly familiar.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm
Doctor_Whiteface
Arc Vembris
Doctor_Whiteface

Bones of the Mountain

Bloodcaster

Tome of Flesh and Blood

Skin of Stone

Stitched Veins [EPIC]

I've played 4.0 before multiple times, including one campaign that ran from level four to level 28. I just prefer 3.5 (except its spellcasting and incredibly annoying grapple rules). The feats were originally designed for a campaign where the DM was testing a character class he'd made that was a total CON-monkey, and I wanted to see if I could beat him at his own game. Bloodcaster was originally part of that custom class, Blood Magus.

I swear I've met you somewhere before. Your name is incredibly familiar.

I just have that kinda of face.

Maybe Pathfinder is the game for you. It's very much 3.5 only with better spellcasting and grapple rules(and some other tweaks).

Actually the only change to spellcasting is that 0-level spells are all at-will, but spellcasters have some more robust options for diversity within class.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:05 am
Never tried Pathfinder before, since the one store in my town that does tabletop stuff only carries D&D books. You know where I can find an online guide, maybe?

Plus once-per-battle spells, which I overuse like stink. My first attack in any battle is always multi-targeted Ray of Frost at any enemies that look Fire-subtype.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 am
I don't care for 4th edition myself. As far as pathfinder, I never heard about it till I joined this guild. I'll have to go with Arc on this one. the feats have little too do with actual spell casting, save for blood caster.

Warlock wouldn't be a bad Idea either, but Bards can bring the pain pretty well to, plus the sounds aren't too bad.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 am
Bassillagrad
Half giant (expanded psionics) something coming up.prolly a fighter/ scion.

and uh. like as asked above. how we doin stats man?

Just re-read your profile, you forgot to pick your characters psionic specialization.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 am
arononkorr
I don't care for 4th edition myself. As far as pathfinder, I never heard about it till I joined this guild. I'll have to go with Arc on this one. the feats have little too do with actual spell casting, save for blood caster.

Warlock wouldn't be a bad Idea either, but Bards can bring the pain pretty well to, plus the sounds aren't too bad.
Bones of the Mountain wasn't created for spellcasters, rather it was created for the party Barbarian, who always uses DEX as a dump stat.

Also

"Hey, everyone, I rolled a four!"

^my whole reason for never playing a Bard, though the fact that they're stereotyped as somewhat airheaded and I'm a musician myself might have something to do with it as well.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am
well, play what you want really. as long as your happy with the character.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am
mmkay.

I'll dig up Eberron and the core rulebooks tonight and roll up a character.  
iLL iNTENT rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:38 pm
rolling HP, 2d6

Nothing stings more than rolling a 1 on a hit die, lol  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 pm
i hate when that happens. was it for hp?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff