Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] The Return of the Rockets [Slots Available] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
RafeRavel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 55 Total: 55 (1-100)

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 pm
Quick Feet 1-50
Run Away 51-100  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:15 pm
RafeRavel
Quick Feet 1-50
Run Away 51-100

Hold the line you coward!  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm
Snuffins

RafeRavel

In case you guys were wondering, it's the Pokécharms Pokédex I was using.
It'll be very helpful for you guys later on.
(As well as visually appealing)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:35 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Snuffins

RafeRavel

In case you guys were wondering, it's the Pokécharms Pokédex I was using.
It'll be very helpful for you guys later on.
(As well as visually appealing)

ya, I was using the app from them on my itouch XD
it's got literally everything I need to train and stuff, I probably wont be needing any assistance in this campaign /pokenerd  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 pm
Snuffins

ya, I was using the app from them on my itouch XD
it's got literally everything I need to train and stuff, I probably wont be needing any assistance in this campaign /pokenerd

^w^ That's good~
A lot of the game mechanics are explained in detail on Serebii and Bulbapedia, if you're interested.
(That's why all of them are listed :'D)

D: I suppose I should start Pokémon #2 now.
Commander Blake has to be boss.

On another note:
I found some things on accuracy and evasion.
The formula is (Attack Accuracy %) * ((Accuracy Stat %) / (Evasion Stat %))
The Stats start at 100% (or 3/3)
The fraction is Accuracy/Evasion which can increase/decrease by one with stat changing moves  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: CJ OR Clarissa James Devion

Why did you decide to take this test?
People from the real world don’t expect young female trainers to become anything more than a model or gym trainer. I may be generalizing what I see all the girls my age wanting to do, but it's what I see, and it's sickening to see these girls with potential waste it on frivolous things. I want to do something different for once.

What makes you Rocket material?
The Rockets need someone with drive, and a brain to implement those plans. Not to speak above my paygrade, but the average worker, whether it's a Rocket Grunt, or a Pokémart Manager, has no ambition at all.

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
So far no criminal record.... yet. Give me time and the resources, you will see what I can do. I was a rookie trainer at Clair’s gym for a while, because she took interest in Jacee, but that ship sailed a while ago. Clair kicked me out of the gym when I argued with her over whether or not Lance was all she said he was.
Mom was in the police force. She was always going on and on about good and evil. I figured out for myself there is no such thing. There's only power, money, and greed. Those are the real drivers in life, and I'm ready to take control of my path.
I used to have an old gift from my father, an Axew, from where he worked in Unova as my partner, but you guys took him away as I joined the organization. He is the sole Pokémon I've bonded with, and I will rise through the ranks to get Jacee back, or at least replace him with someone that I can use properly to gain a foothold in this damn world. End of story.

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
About 5’8” Dyed Silver Hair. Green eyes. Wearing a trainer’s jacket. Black Cargo Pants.. Anything else?

What are your team skills? People skills?
Team Skills? What the heck do you mean team? I’m more of a lone wolf, who uses other people as resources, when my plan needs to come through. The only team where I’m an equal member, is between me and my old Pokémon, Jacee.

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
I have a Gym trainer’s badge from Clair, which signifies I’m one of her trainees. Besides that, no league badges, no ribbons, nada.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
I want to see the world. Get me out of Johto.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
I’m a dragon trainer, just like all of Blackthorn. Ice pokémon aren’t my favorite, because they can kick my friend’s butts easily, but in all truth, I can’t stand Plant Pokémon. I have bad alergies and whenever I’m around one, I can’t help but sneeze.

Vampfighter1
Crew

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm
Vampfighter1

Can you put a little more into your background? Surely, more happened before you worked at Clair's gym in Blackthorn.
Speaking of which, Jesse and James were not in the comics. They were in the anime (an entirely inaccurate series) and only added into Yellow version as a game version of the anime.
I doubt there was any form the the Confederacy, as well.

Oh, and about your team skills.
You're basically giving up all of your Pokémon in order to join. Most Rockets don't actually care about being partners with their Pokémon. They care more about being a part of an organization, for multiple different reasons.
No average Trainer is going to just up and join Team Rocket. Being a Rocket is not exactly something you write home about.

And the role of women is basically similar to men. Unless you want to run a PokéMart....
There's are women Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champions. They also have women in Team Rocket that can be both Grunts and Commanders. The only stereotypically woman role is the Pokémon Center.

Besides that, I liked her personality in the text. Team Rocket women are usually very confident in themselves, so she would fit in fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:54 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Vampfighter1

Can you put a little more into your background? Surely, more happened before you worked at Clair's gym in Blackthorn.
Speaking of which, Jesse and James were not in the comics. They were in the anime (an entirely inaccurate series) and only added into Yellow version as a game version of the anime.
I doubt there was any form the the Confederacy, as well.

Oh, and about your team skills.
You're basically giving up all of your Pokémon in order to join. Most Rockets don't actually care about being partners with their Pokémon. They care more about being a part of an organization, for multiple different reasons.
No average Trainer is going to just up and join Team Rocket. Being a Rocket is not exactly something you write home about.

And the role of women is basically similar to men. Unless you want to run a PokéMart....
There's are women Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champions. They also have women in Team Rocket that can be both Grunts and Commanders. The only stereotypically woman role is the Pokémon Center.

Besides that, I liked her personality in the text. Team Rocket women are usually very confident in themselves, so she would fit in fine.

Alright. On the Confederacy cap It's just the style of hat, so I'm hoping you'll let it slide.
I'll work on her background. Change the Jesse and James bit.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm
Edited  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:55 pm
Vampfighter1

Alright. On the Confederacy cap It's just the style of hat, so I'm hoping you'll let it slide.

Well, I tried to look it up and all I got were actual Confederate caps...which wouldn't exist, so....
I'll let you keep it, as a reference to the style, but I tend to expect my fellow RPers to be as accurate as they can to the world their characters are in.

But, onto your new test.
I'm just going to assume that you've never read the comics.
((I recommend looking up things on Bulbapedia))
Clair only really cares about Lance (because they're cousins), so I seriously doubt she would have a boyfriend, much less one that she would care about.
Speaking of Clair: As the final Gym Leader of the Johto region, she probably wouldn't be employing rookies. She's also just not the kind of person to do that. She might, if it was a request by Lance but then you'd need to explain why Lance would do that. He was the one trying to destroy the human race with dragon Pokémon, after all. He's also an enemy of Team Rocket, so that would make them look at you with suspicion.

As a general rule: Having connections to preexisting characters may seem like an easy way out, but it's actually harder to keep everything accurate. Staying away from main story characters will be a lot easier for you to do.

I also hope that you understand that CJ won't be getting Jacee back. Ever.
It doesn't really matter if CJ knows that or not. I just want to make sure that you know.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:05 am
xX_Terei_Xx
Vampfighter1

Well, I tried to look it up and all I got were actual Confederate caps...which wouldn't exist, so....
I'll let you keep it, as a reference to the style, but I tend to expect my fellow RPers to be as accurate as they can to the world their characters are in.

But, onto your new test.
Clair only really cares about Lance (because they're cousins), so I seriously doubt she would have a boyfriend, much less one that she would care about.
Speaking of Clair: As the final Gym Leader of the Johto region, she probably wouldn't be employing rookies. She's also just not the kind of person to do that. She might, if it was a request by Lance but then you'd need to explain why Lance would do that. He was the one trying to destroy the human race with dragon Pokémon, after all. He's also an enemy of Team Rocket, so that would make them look at you with suspicion.

As a general rule: Having connections to preexisting characters may seem like an easy way out, but it's actually harder to keep everything accurate. Staying away from main story characters will be a lot easier for you to do.

I also hope that you understand that CJ won't be getting Jacee back. Ever.
It doesn't really matter if CJ knows that or not. I just want to make sure that you know.

ALright. Xnay on the Confed Cap.

From what I understood, it was a gym leader's job to train their local populace if the local trainer was willing to learn from them rather than traveling to see most of the the region. (But that may have been something I misinterpreted)

As for Jacee, I'm aware of that. I'm just using it as a background element, as well as an excuse for her to try and catch an Axew whenever possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 am
xX_Terei_Xx

Rafe has better idea! biggrin  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 am
RafeRavel
xX_Terei_Xx

=w=;; Thank you, Rafe.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 pm
Vampfighter1

From what I understood, it was a gym leader's job to train their local populace if the local trainer was willing to learn from them rather than traveling to see most of the the region. (But that may have been something I misinterpreted)

It really depends on the Gym Leader. Jasmine has no Trainers, which may be because she's overconfident in her skills. She has that entire Lighthouse full of Trainers, so it has nothing to do with a lack of nearby talent. Whereas other Gym Leaders might have many trainers, from needed buffers to needed puzzle props. Most will go for Trainers that already love/train in their type.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm
RafeRavel
xX_Terei_Xx

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg......
I've been waiting till the volumes came out to but them!
I'm up to 215!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YES!
I'll be reading if anyone needs me  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out