Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am
Rain Yupa
Southern_cross_nemesis
Then do it Rain, I don't mind rebuilding my healer... if we need a leader or try out a new class... I am like you, I normally wait to see what the group needs more before I create my character.

Just for clarification, I meant I want to play it as much as I want to play my Deva Bard. I'm playing him like a Magic Warlord, which I'm excited about.

However, he's HARDLY healing focused. He actually plays more like a Controller than anything, so having 2 leaders might not be a bad thing.

But if you don't want to share Leader duties, I can make a REAL controller, not a cheap knock-off ^-^ Thoughts?
I don't mind sharing leader duties. I am still new to the system, and I am alittle confused on what it means to be a leader any way... form where I stand it is just a support character.

Ether way is fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:21 am
Rain Yupa
Why do you have to play a character you've played before? Why not make something new and unique?

EDIT: And something that's not dark and gloomy?
I just have a thing with the shadowfell, being part of it opens up allot of resistance gaining feats and feats that let you gain undead traits that help ALLOT.  

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

Ziekara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am
Holy mega muffins, we are filled on players already eek Glad to know there is so much interested haha. If you didn't get in, don't give up yet. I still haven't gotten character sheets from most people yet, and if I don't within the next few days, I will remove them from reserve spot. Plus you never know who might go poof once we start too. neutral

Now....my quest to get us a subforum ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am
Ziekara
Holy mega muffins, we are filled on players already eek Glad to know there is so much interested haha. If you didn't get in, don't give up yet. I still haven't gotten character sheets from most people yet, and if I don't within the next few days, I will remove them from reserve spot. Plus you never know who might go poof once we start too. neutral

How much do you need? I have 22k sitting here doing nothing, I would gladly give you the money to purchase the sub-forum.  

Ziekara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:26 am
Ziekara

How much do you need? I have 22k sitting here doing nothing, I would gladly give you the money to purchase the sub-forum.

Nah, don't worry about it. I got plenty. I just need to get a hold of an admin who can do it for me. Thanks for the offer though!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 am
holy cow...that was fast  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 am
Ziekara

Truth be told, I will either change my character most likely if the party has too much of a gloomy feel - my character would just not fit in at all. All this talk of nethermancy and vampires and such isn't quite as 'heroic' as Shaka would like it to be.

Also, we have plenty of gold in the guild account which is just sitting there gathering dust, so people needn't donate any more.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 am
Snuff that Muffin
holy cow...that was fast

I know! I left this morning, and there were 7 posts. I come back and there are nearly 50. It's like I just dropped a steak in a shark tank over here!  

Ziekara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 am
Rain Yupa
Ziekara

Truth be told, I will either change my character most likely if the party has too much of a gloomy feel - my character would just not fit in at all. All this talk of nethermancy and vampires and such isn't quite as 'heroic' as Shaka would like it to be.

Also, we have plenty of gold in the guild account which is just sitting there gathering dust, so people needn't donate any more.

Sorry, most of the gloom is me. now I'm going to go put on all black, go to a coffee shop, and work on my crappy poetry about the darkness in my soul. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 am
Ziekara
Snuff that Muffin
holy cow...that was fast

I know! I left this morning, and there were 7 posts. I come back and there are nearly 50. It's like I just dropped a steak in a shark tank over here!

lol, well the story sounded pretty interesting. It reminded me of slayers a bit. I couldnt say no XD  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
I don't mind sharing leader duties. I am still new to the system, and I am alittle confused on what it means to be a leader any way... form where I stand it is just a support character.

Ether way is fine.

First and foremost, a Leader provides healing for the party. No other role provides that. As a class feature, Leaders can heal twice an encounter, or three times at level 16+.

Which SEEMS cool, but depending on how dice rolls go, 2 heals might not be enough in an encounter. Having two leaders guarantees 4.

You can supplement your classed-based healing powers (Healing Word, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Healing Spirit, etc) with more powers. Like, Clerics can get a 2nd level daily utility power of Cure Minor Wounds, and a 6th level daily utility power of Cure Serious Wounds. With only one Leader, one might find one's self gravitating towards these powers, to pick up the slack of healing. And it's not a bad character at all, and your party will LOVE you for it, and protect you to their dying breaths.

Having two leaders, however, means that you can focus most of your level-based powers on stuff BESIDES just healing. There isn't nearly so much slack to pick up. Suddenly, your cleric finds himself contributing more to frontline offense, or your shaman can supplement battle with some ranged spells.

Plus, if one Leader goes down due to clever enemy tactics or a lucky shot, the other Leader can heal him/her, rather than the rest of the party freaking out and forcing to give up standard actions on (usually) untrained Heal checks.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 am
Sorry, most of the gloom is me. now I'm going to go put on all black, go to a coffee shop, and work on my crappy poetry about the darkness in my soul. lol

You can still have your gloom. I'll just switch over to Murder Nun instead, is all.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 am
Now I can't wait to start xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:57 am
Rain Yupa

You can still have your gloom. I'll just switch over to Murder Nun instead, is all.

*shrugs* I've seen heroic and gloom work well together in a group, so long as the two aren't trying to undermine each other or anything. We are going to have a large group here (truth be told, I was not expecing all 8 slots to fill....I figured we'd just start when we hit four or five lol), so a mixed group is almost to be expected. What ever you want to play more is what you should play biggrin  

Ziekara

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:10 pm
Rain Yupa
Southern_cross_nemesis

Ether way is fine.

First and foremost, a Leader provides healing for the party. No other role provides that. As a class feature, Leaders can heal twice an encounter, or three times at level 16+.

Which SEEMS cool, but depending on how dice rolls go, 2 heals might not be enough in an encounter. Having two leaders guarantees 4.

You can supplement your classed-based healing powers (Healing Word, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Healing Spirit, etc) with more powers. Like, Clerics can get a 2nd level daily utility power of Cure Minor Wounds, and a 6th level daily utility power of Cure Serious Wounds. With only one Leader, one might find one's self gravitating towards these powers, to pick up the slack of healing. And it's not a bad character at all, and your party will LOVE you for it, and protect you to their dying breaths.

Having two leaders, however, means that you can focus most of your level-based powers on stuff BESIDES just healing. There isn't nearly so much slack to pick up. Suddenly, your cleric finds himself contributing more to frontline offense, or your shaman can supplement battle with some ranged spells.

Plus, if one Leader goes down due to clever enemy tactics or a lucky shot, the other Leader can heal him/her, rather than the rest of the party freaking out and forcing to give up standard actions on (usually) untrained Heal checks.
then why not just call them healer or medic, instead of Leader?

Don't worry about answering that.

I still don't mind sharing the spotlight, I look at it this way, if you have more than one healer the longer the team can run, And the less of a chance that something bad can befall the entire group. So, if you want to create your bard do it, if you want to create your death nun...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff