Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Throwbacks Permissions ideas/discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel in reagrds to banning throwbacks.
everyone should be allow to use them with no limits
61%
 61%  [ 74 ]
ppl should be allowed to choose who they want to use their soqs throwbacks and who they don't want using them
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Everyone should be able to freely use throwbacks, but a do not use thread would be great for ppl who do not want specific soqs used without permission
27%
 27%  [ 33 ]
don't care either suits me! GOLD!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Suggestion - Post in thread.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 121

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am
a poll sounds great. suggestions for the options?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am
You can leave it as simple as you want.

Should we allow banning of throwbacks?

Yes.
No.
Suggestion - Post in thread.  

ButtPuppetry

Super Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 am
I had this written up so far lol

How do you feel in reagrds to banning throwbacks.

1. everyone should be allow to use them with no limits
2. ppl should be allowed to choose who they want to use their soqs throwbacks and who they don't want using them
3. Everyone should be able to freely use throwbacks, but a do not use thread would be great for ppl who do not want specific soqs used without permission
4. don't care either suits me! GOLD!
5. Suggestion - Post in thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am
typo! D= I suckkkk lol  

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 am
YamiBakuraChan
That's like asking what genetics you want in your offspring. It's not natural. I just talked to someone and half of the traits are decided by dice roll (and low and behold this includes throwbacks) and the other half are colorist choice. Throwbacks don't really have anything to do with CC at all. So really, to stop this whole thing from becoming a high school drama fest of wah wah wah you can use my soquili on an official scale, why don't people be more picky of who they breed with and those who you don't mind using the lines to begin with? That kills two birds with one stone.
I lied, to reply to this xDDD This will be my last post.

I can be as picky as I want, and I usually am. However. I cannot control the offspring of that mare, nor the grandchildren, etc. Just because im picky with the mate, doesnt mean that they always feel as I do, ya know?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 pm
While I understand why this thread might have come about - and certainly respect Mialee, who i have seen on numerous B/C threads...

I just can't help but think this is a little bit silly..and will likely lead to an even more elitist feel in this shop "Player A isn't as good a player B so even though they both have baskets from the same parents only Player A is allowed to join the elite family club and pass on the genes"

That just seems wrong to me, this is a breeding shop - when you breed a family line you get the chance for similar characteristics being passed down (and I say similar because while the artists might use a throwback for inspiration I've never seen one that could be considered a really close copy) and when you give away baskets from those breedings then you should theoretically understand that said baskets will grow up and breed and perpetuate the line as well.

I think making a list of 'who can' and 'who can't' will just cause problems..what if I plot out a wonderful story for one of my Soquili and find the perfect mate for them personality wise..so I go ask permission to use her mother as a throwback..except the owner of that mother only goes for looks in their breedings and says no because they don't like the stallion..or the owner of the stallion. Well thats not really right in my opinion.

Or vice versa and a person only breeding for looks gets told no because they haven't 'rped enough to earn it'. I can see this turning into a huge pain in the butt..with people demanding that other players earn thier way onto an elite list or only allowing their close and personal friends onto said list.

I dunno..it just seems like another bureaucratic/red tape for new people and staff to deal with as well as increasing the potential for elite or cliquish type groups that people will resent.

Basically..I've never asked anyone I gave a foal/cub/pup tc to in any other shop to ask me permission to use my pets as throwbacks, I bred my pets..I handed out the results and throwbacks were the known consequence for this.

If you don't want throwbacks...don't breed your pets or don't ever give away the results.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:21 pm
I have to agree with a lot of what JadedTiger said here.

I Understand that there have been a couple of issues in the past, but to make this an official THING, I think it will cause a lot more drama than preventing it. For most shopgoers, this isn't even a consideration. If there suddenly is the requirement to get permissions to use a soquili for throwbacks: if things are going gravy, it's just one more thing that can spark controversy. YOu ask so and so to reference their soquili for throwbacks, they say no, and then suddenly you feel slighted. Why did they say no? Do they not like me?

Or even a thread where a person bans a soquili from being thrown back to: Many people who had never even considered this will suddenly think "Well, I spent a lot of money on this soquili/this soquili's design is based on an OC/Etc Etc ETc, will jump on this bandwagon. It makes things complex for colorists and is one MORE thing to check. Suddenly it's a whole new aspect that's confusing for people coming into the shop, and honestly, is needless.

To be COMPLETELY honest, I'm not fond of the whole banning someone from a bloodline to begin with, even with the cases it's happened. IF your soquili would ICly disapprove with the actions of their offspring, then it makes perfect sense for the soquili to be excommunicated from the herd, but bloodlines are bloodlines. React to that ICly. IF you have an issue with someone OOCly, then don't give them any more soquili. But if you gave someone a basket from your breeding, you had no control over what traits that soquili would have to begin with - so what traits might come from THAT soquili's offspring is just as much a gamble. And as mentioned previously, throwbacks to begin with don't always happen anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 pm
I like to be asked before anyone uses my soquili as a throw back. Most of mine are OCs and are very much apart of me, so I'd like to be asked before hand. Thats all I ask, is just ask me before hand.

But, I think if your going to ban one person from using a certain soq as a throw back, then that soq should be ban period from anyone using it as not to create conflicts.

And yes, I know you cannot do this in RL but this is NOT RL, this is a pet shop on an online community.  

Doodle Penis

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 pm
Sabin Duvert

To be COMPLETELY honest, I'm not fond of the whole banning someone from a bloodline to begin with, even with the cases it's happened. IF your soquili would ICly disapprove with the actions of their offspring, then it makes perfect sense for the soquili to be excommunicated from the herd, but bloodlines are bloodlines. React to that ICly. IF you have an issue with someone OOCly, then don't give them any more soquili. But if you gave someone a basket from your breeding, you had no control over what traits that soquili would have to begin with - so what traits might come from THAT soquili's offspring is just as much a gamble. And as mentioned previously, throwbacks to begin with don't always happen anyway.

I applaud this whole heartedly. bloodlines are bloodlines. *hopes bannings from throwbacks are abolished*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 pm
I just have to say ... i'm a lot more in favour of there being the ban all or ban none option.. rather than telling people that they don't have the choice whether or not their Soquili are removed from throwback lines. I just don't like when people aren't given that option is all  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 pm
*favors #3 in the poll, but would be happy with #1 as well*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm
Doodle p***s
I like to be asked before anyone uses my soquili as a throw back. Most of mine are OCs and are very much apart of me, so I'd like to be asked before hand. Thats all I ask, is just ask me before hand.

But, I think if your going to ban one person from using a certain soq as a throw back, then that soq should be ban period from anyone using it as not to create conflicts.

And yes, I know you cannot do this in RL but this is NOT RL, this is a pet shop on an online community.

Agreed with this whole statement. The one Soq I do own is rather special to me in that he was a gift at another shop that I cherish very greatly.  

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 pm
I honestly think bloodlines need to be allowed to be just that. Bloodlines. People can't pick and choose stuff and if a family member breeds there is the chance they might get member X's genes. Plus sometimes a throwback doesn't even happen.

If you have a problem because your character is 'unique' then you should have gotten a custom. Gen. 1. End of story. Stop complaining.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Reading through this as someone who doesn't have any throwbacks to have issues with, it looks to me like the biggest problem people are having is when person A says that anyone except for person B can use their throwback. I agree that bloodlines are bloodlines, and also that it's very difficult for parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on to all be contacted. And to have many threads about who has permission, who needs permission, and so on would mostly add clutter and more work for staff who really don't need more work to do.

It seems that the best solution, as I see it, is to establish an all or nothing thing. If person A does not want anyone using their Soq, it's less hurtful than if person A simply does not like person B and therefore determines that person B is not allowed, but person C, person D, and person E are.

Establishing a way for someone who does not want anyone to use their character might be a good idea, as it looks like a couple people want to keep their lines and edits exclusive. But allowing just one or two people to be denied seems like it could cause more hurt feelings and drama. As I said, an everybody or nobody thing seems more fair. Picking and choosing can apparently be really mean, and in a B/C that's as large as this one that just does not seem right. Soq seems really friendly, and I'd love to see it stay that way.

If someone MUST deny throwbacks, then deny them to everyone. Don't single people out like that.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

ButtPuppetry

Super Sex Symbol

6,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:28 pm
While I understand that your OCs and your Soquili are very much a part of you, and I respect that, no one is looking to copy. When you get a throwback it can be for a breed variant, a specific marking, a mutation, etc. There is no telling what is going to be passed down. However, it is nothing beyond a physical aspect. Your OC and its personality traits, and how you choose to RP your Soq is solely up to you. It is not something that can be copied with a throwback. So, if your Soq is that important to you, and you wish to retain it's physical uniqueness, don't breed. By breeding you're opening the community to your horse's genes. By not breeding, you're alienating yourself from a major part of the community. But if your horse is that important to you and you don't want future generations to have access to its traits, then you probably shouldn't breed in the first place.

What can be controlled in these situations is how you react ICly and how selective you are, as Sabin pointed out. While I respect your request to be asked, Doodle, I believe that access to the genetic information of the family or blood-line should be granted to all, and denying someone that chance is denying the fact that they came from anywhere at all. Not saying that you, particularly would be one to deny anyone. Like I said, I respect your request to be asked. But not all will be granted the same chances.

While all of us share in the belief that this is a pet shop on an on-line community, it is, in part, based on genetics. Male horse knocks up female horse and she carries baby horse to term. Denying access to the genetic make up of the family is like saying the horse wasn't part of the family.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff