Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 pm
jennibert
Mastur Sage

Many strange things go on in the market unbeknownst to you, but while speaking to the numerous vendors they all tell you that there is a place where the product can be bought. They all seem to be rather shady. You did learn however that Count Marcus Draco, or Boss Drago, is at the docks with a large number of associates at the current time.

(Make another Perception or two.)

Product? What product? I wasn't looking for any product... Lad smiles and nods and tries to look like he knows what they're talking about.

Lad wanders for another minute or so, asking a few more people for information just to be sure he hasn't missed anything, and is drawn to the smell of food. He too buys some of the mystery meat on a stick, and only barely manages to avoid wrinkling his perfect nose as he tastes it (expressing such distaste would be rude after all). He grabs the excuse to not eat any more as he hears Ziya's question.

"You're looking for Count Drago? So am I. I've heard he's down at the docks, though I'm still a little fuzzy on how one gets there from here." He grins a little sheepishly. "Perhaps we could assist each other in finding our employer?" Lad discreetly feeds his meat to a cat hiding under the vendor's table.

You see nothing of interest in the market, but you see the flying macine peeking over the rooftops relatively close to you. It should be easy enough to find your way now.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:09 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
User ImageDemon, huh? Well, that's not exactly the best foot to get off on... Tehila stared blankly at the armored woman for a moment before just starting to laugh. "Oh, gods, that is just great! 'Why aren't you killing people and such?' I mean... it's just so polite and all. I just... wow. There is a story there, I can tell you that. But I'm really more of a singer than a storyteller, so it's not much good to me right now. Heh. Oh, sorry. I'm not a demon, honey. Just a woman cursed with a tad bit of fiendish blood in me. The term's 'tiefling,' though I'm okay with demon, I guess. Just so long as you don't whip that big sword out and go crazy or something." She reaches out a hand in a gesture of good will (equivalent to a handshake - whatever is appropriate in this society). "The name's Tehila, and I won't bore you with the sobriquet. Sorry again about bumping into you before. I'm looking for Count Drago to actually start my body guarding job, though to tell you the truth I'm really more along for the chance to ride on a flying machine."

User Image"Oh. Uh, sorry again. Heh. I'm Cley. Cley Pureholm. I think you might have me more than a little pegged, but I'm not about to go stabbing something just because. Iomedae would have nothing of that, and you never know when you're going to be wrong about something. I'm sorry. Haven't met a tiefling before, and I'm afraid I'm not exactly well versed on planar lore. I know general stuff, and that's pretty much it. Heh.

"As it so happens, I'm looking for Count Drago to be party of a body guarding job, too. Not having much luck around here, myself. Maybe we should look together?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:25 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Hur' Oc paused, taking the statement and it's implications in. He then played the fool that everyone was so eager to believe "Ah, yes. I think we had some like those too in the under dark. It's actually how I got this scar, rite of passage that didn't go well..." He sighs heavily before continuing "Still I'd be happy to keep you and your friend company. Would you like some jerky?" Speaking directly to the dragon. He knew that they were intelligent, and prideful. To a fault, playing to it's ego would be simple "His scales are coming in nicely, have you been helping him groom or have you" He looks to the dragon before continuing, "been taking care of that." Taking his backpack off he searches through rummaging about for some jerky in his rations for the dragon to get into.

The small creature scuttled to Drago's shoulder and nervously extended his neck out with an open mouth to receive the meat. Drago's voice sent it back a moment when he said, "Yes, this is number nine, appropriately named Nina. I plan on picking up my red at the end of this journey. I'm on a quest to prove that chromatic dragons are not inherently evil, rather they are raises to be that way. My green reached adulthood not to long ago, about thirty years back or so, and he isn't exactly charming, but he wouldn't harm a man until he himself was harmed."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 pm
Justice makes her way to the docks and picks out the crowd of homeless men surrounding what at least could be a gnome, and a gigantic orc. She approaches steadily, though with an eye on the rather unruly looking crowd. She doesn't have a weapon drawn, but she is prepped to use her fists should they be needed.

"Count Drago?" she asks as she comes closer. "My name is Justice Blackwell. I believe you hired me?"  

Dallas Moonrain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:37 pm
The Count turn to his right as another person approached. "I did indeed, and that brings us to a total of two out of seven ...." As they spoke a line of carriages was beginning to roll into view from the far end of the docks.  
Laelless rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:41 pm
Taelka was incredibly frustrated. He gave a sigh, though, can continued looking around.
(( Sorry for my suckage. xD
I'm newb and gaia diceroll be a harsh misstress. ))  

Laelless

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:46 pm
Laelless
Taelka was incredibly frustrated. He gave a sigh, though, can continued looking around.

{wander into the marketplace and Lad will rescue you if you want. smile }  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 pm
jennibert
Laelless

(( Well I would, but its kinda unfair cause my character wouldn't know that. xDD ))  

Laelless

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:15 pm
jennibert
"You're looking for Count Drago? So am I. I've heard he's down at the docks, though I'm still a little fuzzy on how one gets there from here." He grins a little sheepishly. "Perhaps we could assist each other in finding our employer?" Lad discreetly feeds his meat to a cat hiding under the vendor's table.

Ziya is a little startled by Lad's interruption, but he is amenable to his company. "Another employee of Count Drago's? Wonderful! I'm certainly glad for the assistance. I'm new to the region, and not a single creature seems to be willing to provide more than the knowledge that he is a gnome who trains lizards of some sort. It's all very curious.

"I'm sorry. How very rude of me. My name is Ziya. It's a pleasure to meet you."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:16 pm
Laelless
jennibert
Laelless

(( Well I would, but its kinda unfair cause my character wouldn't know that. xDD ))

{Your character's lost. He *could* wander into the marketplace and start asking people what they now just as Lad *happens* to pass by. But it's up to you. smile And that 14 might get you somewhere too. But I honestly think that Gaia's dice roller skews low.}  

jennibert

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:17 pm
Laelless
jennibert
Laelless

{Yeah, but your character's also lost, so he could wander anywhere. Doesn't matter if it's convenient to the plot, you shouldn't be kept out of the game just because you're stuck in the sand box.}  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:22 pm
Emerald the Crow
Ziya is a little startled by Lad's interruption, but he is amenable to his company. "Another employee of Count Drago's? Wonderful! I'm certainly glad for the assistance. I'm new to the region, and not a single creature seems to be willing to provide more than the knowledge that he is a gnome who trains lizards of some sort. It's all very curious.

"I'm sorry. How very rude of me. My name is Ziya. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Lad laughs a little as well. "They call me Lad. Lad Sherlock. And I apologize as well--my grandfather would have my head if he knew I didn't introduce myself first off!" He flashed a bright smile. "I think the docks are that way," he adds, pointing across the market. "So we better get moving."  

jennibert

Laelless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 pm
(( Well then, I'll do its. ))
Tael wondered around the huge city, and despite his annoyance, he had to marvel at the people and the buildings. He's been to some beautiful cities in his time, and this was definitely one of them.
He would wonder into the market place as if by some unknown force, pushing him and looked around. He gave an audible sigh.
"Boo. how does one find what he wants in this city?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:29 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User Image"Oh. Uh, sorry again. Heh. I'm Cley. Cley Pureholm. I think you might have me more than a little pegged, but I'm not about to go stabbing something just because. Iomedae would have nothing of that, and you never know when you're going to be wrong about something. I'm sorry. Haven't met a tiefling before, and I'm afraid I'm not exactly well versed on planar lore. I know general stuff, and that's pretty much it. Heh.

"As it so happens, I'm looking for Count Drago to be party of a body guarding job, too. Not having much luck around here, myself. Maybe we should look together?"

User Image"Oh, hey, no worries. That was a really great laugh. Nice to meet you, Cley Pureholm. Are you really pure?" Tehila looks at her slyly, with a crooked grin on her face. Then she bursts into laughter again. "Oh, gods! Sorry, sorry. Just... Oh, I had to see how you'd react to that. Oh, my. I'm being a little bit of a pain.

"So, we'll be working together, huh? Assuming we can find our boss, at least. What sort of boss doesn't actually set up a time and place to meet? Honestly. Well, shall we try the docks? This area seems pretty much empty, and I don't have much interest in messing with the marketplace right now. We could both go around, asking if anyone could help us. A couple of hot babes like us shouldn't have any trouble getting some directions, right?"  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 pm
Lad starts leading Ziya across the market, making his way through the crowd and chattering cheerfully. "So, what do you think this Count Drago is up to?" They pass a group of giggling women. "Or, well, that's not exactly what I meant, as 'up to' sounds like he's doing something bad, and I seriously hope he's not, as I wouldn't be able to work with him then." They push past a half-elf who looks annoyed and frustrated. "Do you think we'll be on the flying machine with the Count for long?" A farmer leads a group of chickens across their path, making them pause a moment. "Because a flying machine sounds neat and all, but I tend to get seasick on regular boats. Do you think Count Drago hired a bunch of other bodyguards, or do you think we'll be it?"

{Such a flurry of posting tonight! Yay!}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces